• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zousi

Why did i get a good chuckle out of that
scene with Dr. Jacoby and his beautiful shovels?

I guess that humor just tends to strike when you least expect it.

Yeah, same but I like being dragged along a bit, I think scenes run too long sometimes but I like the slow burn and there's been great moments and some seriously hilarious shit. I think they're deliberately teasing the familiar town atmosphere as
part of the story is happening away from it

I think the next few episodes will get into that particular groove especially since
Cooper has resurfaced before the FBI and Hawk is digging into his past
which tells me we're gonna be getting some hefty info dumps or at least of the Lynchfrost variety.

But holding off to
let us REALLY return to Twin Peaks
is gonna pay the fuck off.

Agreed, I was extremely hooked to the entire arc in Buckhorn. Hoping that remains a player in the narrative and we see more of Lillard and how his relationship with Mr C came about and develops.

My guess is by the midway point or end Twin Peaks proper may just transform into its old semi-radiant self, full blown soundtrack themes in place. Or maybe that's just the nostalgia projection talking.

PSY・S;237709221 said:
We're only 4 hours into an 18 hour Lynch film. I wouldn't worry about it.

I originally thought she was a doppelganger of the girl in episode is one but the actresses are different so I'm guessing she's possessed or an alien.

If you saw her on the red carpet you'd think she was an alien irl :p I suspect Lynch didn't give her a ton of direction at least for those parts. I suspect its moreso she
has esp/highly intuitive and tapped into the paranormal much like Coop is, hence her assignment to a blue rose case.

Ran rp

Man I don't even recall him being in it and I just watched it. Maybe just didn't recognize.

Zordon_power_rangers.jpg

HUHLOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Moop.

Melania Coop.

How are people breaking part 1 and 2 in half? I watched live on Showtime and it aired as a single chunk with one intro credits and one outro credits. Are the versions on the various streaming platforms clearly demarked into part 1 and part 2? I ask because I'm listening to idlethumbs talking about part 1, and I don't know where that stops.

How are people breaking part 1 and 2 in half? I watched live on Showtime and it aired as a single chunk with one intro credits and one outro credits. Are the versions on the various streaming platforms clearly demarked into part 1 and part 2? I ask because I'm listening to idlethumbs talking about part 1, and I don't know where that stops.

On showtime's website you have to watch them individually. I assume it's the same on amazon prime.

If you go on the Showtime app, they've broken them into separate episodes.

No. Ends with the cops searching the house and car, after getting a warrant. Credits are just over some stills from the opening scene, it looks like.

Thanks. I'll be rewatching them soon, but...

The way I saw it, each 'session' ended with a new song in the Roadhouse, so I really wondered.

Dan-o

Weird. Sky Atlantic showed part 1 & 2 as one singular episode.

Yeah, that's how I watched them on Showtime live. No break between 1 & 2 at all. But I just checked them on the Showtime app, and they're split at the points I mentioned.

Thanks. I'll be rewatching them soon, but...

The way I saw it, each 'session' ended with a new song in the Roadhouse, so I really wondered.
Understandable. It would appear that 1 & 2 were always meant to be a single 2-hour chunk with that 'session' at the very end of 2; the split in the middle just feels weird. But 3 & 4
definitely feel like separate proper episodes, in my opinion, each with separate performances at the end with the credits rolling.

So, is it good? Going to have to sub to Showtime when I'm back from my vacation in two weeks if it's reviewing well.

Part 1 and 2 have been reviewing *very* well. Reviewers are holding their part 3 and part 4 reviews for next week.

People on here seem to think 3 and 4 are better, but for me I'd put part 3 as the worst by far of all four. Part 4 was very good and the most 'Twin Peaks'. Part 1 and 2 were beyond my highest expectations for what the show might be when it comes back.

Spoo

Just wanted to pop in and say I think this is, so far, the most unrestrained Lynch you can see, just 4 episodes in. It's really, really good, though the 4th episode was a bit of a misstep in my mind (and 3 had issues, but the beginning was *wow*), even the long, drawn out attempts at lighter dry comedy are distinctly Lynch, for better or worse. It's almost as if you can write off some of his other work from a visual standpoint, and tell people "Oh, just watch S3 of Twin Peaks", and it seems like it is only going to get better.

The first two episodes especially were glued-to-your-seat experiences.

This is going to be a treasure trove by the time it's over, and it's making me feel a little better about Lynch not necessarily going back to feature-film work.

Chris R

Part 1 and 2 have been reviewing *very* well. Reviewers are holding their part 3 and part 4 reviews for next week.

People on here seem to think 3 and 4 are better, but for me I'd put part 3 as the worst by far of all four. Part 4 was very good and the most 'Twin Peaks'. Part 1 and 2 were beyond my highest expectations for what the show might be when it comes back.

Sounds good, nice to have something to look forward to in June :D

In the UK, Part 1 & 2 streams as a single undivided episode. I personally believe part one ends where Evil Coop
shoots Phyllis.
But who knows.

Got to be honest, that was even better than I thought it would be. Trippy, intense, scary (so much dread with Evil Cooper and the box) and hilarious (both dark humour and cheesy TP humour in there as well as nods to the fans that made me grin).

It honestly feels like a fanservice in the best possible way to Lynch's fans, there's bits and pieces in these first episodes that feel like they're straight from Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, Eraserhead, Fire Walk With Me, Inland Empire and classic Twin Peaks as well as feeling like something original at the same time. Just a treat all around.

If Lynch (and Frost as Co-Writer) keeps up this quality this will be one of the best Seasons of TV I've ever seen. I honestly feel like I've gotten so much more from this having watched so many of his other works.

Moobabe

I..... don't know how I feel about this yet.

I think I'm leaning more towards not being so keen, but we're early in so I'm sticking with it.

The Cooper stuff post lodge-expulsion into the real world has been really fucking weak. The scene where he's with the blind woman is great though - aside from the weird box floating in space bit.

Jyrii

Banned
Watched the first four episodes. I have a bit mixed feelings, but boy it certainly feels like Twin Peaks.

I hope it will tighten a bit in the future episodes and focus more on the town.

I..... don't know how I feel about this yet.

I think I'm leaning more towards not being so keen, but we're early in so I'm sticking with it.

The Cooper stuff post lodge-expulsion into the real world has been really fucking weak. The scene where he's with the blind woman is great though - aside from the weird box floating in space bit.

Have you seen Part 4 yet?

Anyone feel like they will gradually introduce more music the more along it goes? I feel like
when Cooper's mind comes back, things might be like traditional TP again with the music and everything.

Anyone feel like they will gradually introduce more music the more along it goes? I feel like
when Cooper comes back, things might be like traditional TP again with the music and everything.
I'm actually more interested to hear the Johnny Jewel stuff in context and *new* Badalmenti compositions.

Flipyap

LOL video games.

How crazy is it that Mr C, the evil doppelganger of Agent Dale Cooper would viciously murder someone at a motel in the desert.

american-nightmare-mrqybcp.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, they even shot at the motel that the motel in American Nightmare was modelled after (a famous location already mind).

I doubt David Lynch borrowed a scene from a spin off of a game that was heavily influenced by Twin Peaks... but I love that things folded back in on themselves so perfectly.

You know that I'm a psycho.
I always struck me as funny that Showtime chose to market the new series as "Twin Peaks: The Return" because that would also be the subtitle of a continuation of the best temporary Twin Peaks replacement in last 25+ years:

Remedy appears to have been operating on similar wavelengths. The Alan Wake collector's edition even included a prequel book written in the form of a dossier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom