• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Virginia television journalists fatally shot in on-air attack[READ OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabant

As if this whole situation wasn't already a complicated powder keg, the guy alleges he did this because of race related reasons.

MKXyvc6.jpg

JKTrix

Count me in on the people who were not expecting to see it there when I clicked the link earlier. Twitter has nuked his profile now.

Damaniel

Banned
He has it up on Facebook from what someone mentioned. Hopefully it gets taken down. He could be uploading it just about everywhere.

And even though those Twitter videos were up for barely 5 minutes, some people almost certainly captured them, and they'll no doubt be posted on LiveLeak before the day is done.

Odinson

I was reading his twitter when the video popped up. He said "Bitch" right before pulling the trigger. This is insane... Wow...

BFIB

Damn... fuck that he'll probably comit suicide as soon as the cops get to him.

This fucker should live to stay in jail for life, while being tortured in prison. But no, he's getting the easy way out, I'm sure.

I'm not so sure about that. To film it in this fashion, he's going to be a celebrity out of this. I can just see the headlines now, with a question mark at the end of it obviously.

"What caused him to do this?"

"Does Social Media need to be changed?"

redlegs87

My brain froze trying to make sense of what I was watching. Thankfully I snapped out of the haze and closed the tab before having to see the actual shooting.

This guy deserves whatever he has coming his way.

The most disturbing part is that he pull the gun out and waves it around for a good 10-15 seconds like 2 feet away from them and they (understandably) don't even realize it. That shit was more ominous than the actual shooting.

And even though those Twitter videos were up for barely 5 minutes, some people almost certainly captured them, and they'll no doubt be posted on LiveLeak before the day is done.
It already is. I was on another forum and they posted it and I decided to leave.

he had a go-pro apparently

I agree. We're zeroing in on tragic and horrifying events that make it feel like it's happening in our backyard. I do believe things are generally and slowly getting better in some ways, but at the same time we're increasing our ability to highlight issues that need our attention.

pxleyes

Banned
Don’t turn away. Enough with this innocence loss bullshit. Own up to this reality, America. Change isn't going to happen if you keep turning away at tragedy. Something needs to be done.

This is going to inspire copycats. Worse copycats. I'm physically ill

No, it's not. Stop saying that on repeat.

It was a racially and hate motivated crime. There's no copycatting someone who loses it, and racial crimes are a legacy we have to deal with. But not a copycat. Worry and grieve about what's happened, not what might be.

Squalor

The most disturbing part is that he pull the gun out and waves it around for a good 10-15 seconds like 2 feet away from them and they (understandably) don't even realize it. That shit was more ominous than the actual shooting.
Yeah, the way he casually walks right up to them as they're minding their business is what makes all of this so much worse. He looks around, points the gun, lowers it, looks around. It's disgusting.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Stop watching that shit. Not only are validating in his mind what he did, you're going to inspire other psychos to do the same shit.

I could not watch that. I was flailing to close the tab.

There was a moment before when I was asking myself was I willing to watch this.

Nope. Couldn't do it.

I don't think this incident is going away anytime soon. It will have historical significance when it comes to social media and journalism.

The guy gunned won three people, recorded it in first person and then uploaded it on the Internet all in the span of a few hours. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom