• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC On FOX 6 |OT| Cerrone, Pettis, Rampage, Glover The God...And A Title Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
fox6bannerzrss2.png

Date: January 26, 2012
Price: Free

Main Card (Fox) 8PM ET/5PM PT
Demetrious Johnson (c) vs. John Dodson (For World Title)
Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira
Anthony Pettis vs. Donald Cerrone
Erik Koch vs. Ricardo Lamas​

Preliminary Card (FX) 5PM ET/2PM PT
TJ Grant vs. Matt Wiman
Clay Guida vs. Hatsu Hioki
Ryan Bader vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Mike Russow vs. Shawn Jordan
Mike Stumpf vs. Pascal Krauss
Rafael Natal vs. Sean Spencer​

Preliminary Card (Facebook) 4:30PM ET/1:30PM PT
Simeon Thoresen vs. David Mitchell​

Additional Information

fox6size8fzte.png

Heel

Haven't seen anyone mention it, but Grant vs. Wiman should be interesting. They both really surprised me in their last fights (Grant styling on Dunham, Wiman subbing Sass).

Dysun

Cerrone vs Pettis is gonna be tits

Hopefully I wont have to hear Crybaby Rampage after he loses to Glover...haha yeah right.

Dont care about guys who weigh less than a small woman fight

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I would prefer to watch Johnson (or any flyweight) versus 25 fat kids from a local elementary school.
Get Japan on the line.

I'd like to see Cyborg fight a gatekeeper-caliber flyweight in an openweight fight. I truly think Cyborg would win.

The problem with the "midget" division is Mighty Mouse. The dude doesn't like to engage. Everyone else I've see is willing to get in the mix at least a little bit.

Guru-Guru

Banned
The problem with the "midget" division is Mighty Mouse. The dude doesn't like to engage. Everyone else I've see is willing to get in the mix at least a little bit.
Yeah, his last fight I was excited maybe for the first couple minutes because him and his opponent were jumping around like crazy and were super fast....Then it got boring when I realized that he is a point fighter without much finishing power.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
If 145lb Guida Guidas Hioki my hate for him will reach dark new depths.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Guida is going to bury Canoki. Deal with it brah. All fighters from the orient are cans. KZ included.

Oh, I agree. Hioki is a can crusher who lost to some guy called Llama and Garcia'd Roop. KZ's best win is Dustbin. But they're very entertaining and if Can Guida is going to use his move to a new weightclass to do nothing more than impose his will on and dance around fighters who are actually worth watching it's gonna piss me off to no end. FW has the best champion in the Ultimate and he fights rarely enough as it is; it certainly doesn't need this braided monstrosity as its soul-sucking gatekeeper.

VASPER

Banned
I want to see Pettis woop the shit out of Cowboy and get that title shot, then i am hoping we have a real champ at 155 when Pettis beats Hendo no Finish O.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
love cerrone and pettis, but pettis has this i think.

also think the janitor may pull the upset against darth.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Every smile in that picture looks like it's been drawn on. They're too straight. I will be avoiding the main event just in case Dodson wins and I have to see that Euclidean grin when he pops his mouthpiece out.

Biff

Bader vs. The Janitor on an undercard.

What a fall from grace. Poor guy. I guess that's what happens when you.. You know.. Don't know how to fight.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Bader vs. The Janitor on an undercard.

What a fall from grace. Poor guy. I guess that's what happens when you.. You know.. Don't know how to fight.

Bader? It seems like he see-saws from prelims to main every time he wins or loses. Little Nogueira and 1-legged Rampage are good wins but getting clowned by Ryoto and even worse, 2011 Tito have got to take their toll. Plus of course no-one wants to see him against Jones again. He's probably just big enough of a name from TUF etc... to make people tune in to an undercard.

Been watching Rampage fight since his PRIDE days. Every time i see him now i get drawn in by the hype, i fucking believe him everytime when he tells me hes gonna go for it, come out swinging bombs, had a good camp etc etc.

And everytime Im left disappointed and disgusted.

The Rampage cycle.

muddream

Banned
Impossible to judge from that, but Rampage has been done since the Forrest fight.

Cool video, 2 mins is a good length for that kind of stuff.

If there is one thing that makes me more happy than watching Schaub the Fraud getting KO'd, is watching Darth Bader get tooled. I hope that old man can get the job done so we can never see Darth and his dumb entrance theme on a PPV again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom