• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 164: Henderson vs. Pettis 2 |OT| Will Lightning Strike Twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Brehs, we knew it was going to happen. That's our Lightweight Champion.
izjJumFO2IWw0.png

Pre ordained. We were just stated it.

Agnt

> BENSON GETS A BLACK BELT IN BJJ SINCE BEATING PETTIS
> PETTIS STILL A PURPLE BELT.

LOL GET SLAPPED SON'

Agnt

I would've crumbled and cried to my fucking mom after one of those body kicks. Mad respect to Benson for eating 4 in a row.

iddqd

Great night,
good fights, I'm able to work at the side, the baby sleeps, and now sherdog and the post press conference. GOOD STUFF!

I remember watching that MTV special about Pettis, I would have never thought that he would be anything.. Good thing I'm not a matchmaker.

Agnt

Great night,
good fights, I'm able to work at the side, the baby sleeps, and now sherdog and the post press conference. GOOD STUFF!

I remember watching that MTV special about Pettis, I would have never thought that he would be anything.. Good thing I'm not a matchmaker.

he KO'd a dude on his MTV special doe.

dream

Nice, Showtime Pettis is a suit guy. This kid is the future.

edit: and he's a great promo guy too. My god. It's like Mr. Pettis (RIP) and Mrs. Pettis decided they wanted to fuck one night just to create a sports entertainment star for me to be a fan of.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Pettis would dust josie like a 30ties grandfather clock. Yea bitch. You been hiding at a weight class you dont belong at for 2 years. Step up and get Showtimed.

iddqd

Mir's plan on "waiting out" Barnett sure seems smart now.
Next time, show your awesome cardio by going off first instead of taking hits.

Agnt

Nice, Showtime Pettis is a suit guy. This kid is the future.

edit: and he's a great promo guy too. My god. It's like Mr. Pettis (RIP) and Mrs. Pettis decided they wanted to fuck one night just to create a sports entertainment star for me to be a fan of.

lol wat

Pettis would dust josie like a 30ties grandfather clock. Yea bitch. You been hiding at a weight class you dont belong at for 2 years. Step up and get Showtimed.

The way you write makes me want to smack you in the face, but I get you're a happy customer and a fan of Pettis, good for you, I am too. But do give a little more respect to a dominant champion that deserves credits where it's due. Aldo is a champion and every champion is there at the top of the food chain for a reason. He's been at Featherweigth for a way longer time than 2 years by the way.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The way you write makes me want to smack you in the face, but I get you're a happy customer and a fan of Pettis, good for you, I am too. But do give a little more respect to a dominant champion that deserves credits where it's due. Aldo is a champion and every champion is there at the top of the food chain for a reason. He's been at Featherweigth for a way longer time than 2 years by the way.

Credit for what? Beating dudes who are twenty pounds under him? Champions who stepped down a weight class to fight him cause he's too moist to step up and fight at his natural weight? You wanna smack me son? Meet me somewhere bitch. I'll leap off the wall and triple looping axle and put feet on your mouth.

Credit for what? Beating dudes who are twenty pounds under him? Champions who stepped down a weight class to fight him cause he's too moist to step up and fight at his natural weight? You wanna smack me son? Meet me somewhere bitch. I'll leap off the wall and triple looping axle and put feet on your mouth.

iI18pWFYxyBsD.gif

dream

Aldo's inability to finish Mark "The Machine" Hominick pretty much says it all about the guy. He looked great in the minor leagues, but he's barely treading water in the big show.

Gotta love the haters, it's all about talking big and having nothing worthy to say.

Jose aldo has amazing muay thai, combinations, reflexes and composure. I'm seriously suprised at some of you missing out on all of this, and at the same time, it's pretty much disheartening to think that some of you think of themselves as fans of Mixed Martial Arts.

It's never been about the weight, proud fighters have proven themselves many atimes by competing in open weight fights, and it's been proven multiple times that skills overthrow weight the majority of time. If you can't see the skills behind the man, and simply refute them as him being a weight class only above his opponent as the only advantage he has, then you're simply blind. Hell, Jose is 5 foot 7 at 145lbs, it is certainly not uncommon.

Jose's known weakness is his stamina, Mark Hominick with his big hematoma on his forehead has always been know as being a machine, hence his nickname and having a lot of cardio, so it's not that crazy seeing him having the advatange in the later rounds. Plus it could have been a Jose simply being disgusted, pitying, or simply refusing to injure a opponent even more knowing damn well he was having the fight either way. Lots of possiblilities, but simply one reason for being a hater; Ignorance.

What happened here? Did bendo tap ? Why was it called ?

Verbal tap.

Bendo was doing the right thing by stacking Pettis's legs against himself, but then he seemed to stand up, possibly trying to slam him or simply trying to get his arm the f out of there by puting less weight and pulling his arm out and making it so pettis had less grip on it, but then turned the the wrong side he was supposed to go(left being the right side he should have been going). Pettis locked it in tight and Bengo let out verbal tap "..TAAP!!".

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Gotta love the haters, it's all about talking big and having nothing worthy to say.

Jose aldo has amazing muay thai, combinations, reflexes and composure. I'm seriously suprised at some of you missing out on all of this, and at the same time, it's pretty much disheartening to think that some of you think of themselves as fans of Mixed Martial Arts.

It's never been about the weight, proud fighters have proven themselves many atimes by competing in open weight fights, and it's been proven multiple times that skills overthrow weight the majority of time. If you can't see the skills behind the man, and simply refute them as him being a weight class only above his opponent as the only advantage he has, then you're simply blind. Hell, Jose is 5 foot 7 at 145lbs, it is certainly not uncommon.

Jose's known weakness is his stamina, Mark Hominick with his big hematoma on his forehead has always been know as being a machine, hence his nickname and having a lot of cardio, so it's not that crazy seeing him having the advatange in the later rounds. Plus it could have been a Jose simply being disgusted, pitying, or simply refusing to injure a opponent even more knowing damn well he was having the fight either way. Lots of possiblilities, but simply one reason for being a hater; Ignorance.

Im sorry i fell asleep half way down the first sentence

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Showtime Thachits
Showtime Dragon
Shiowtime Dudebro
Showtime Plywood
Showtime Chamber
Showtime Gr1mLock[
Showtime Polyh3dron

For postetity

gifface_lol_gif.gif

So just got home from the fight.

I happened to be seated in front of guys that train MMA in Milwaukee talking about Ben Rothwell. One guy says he knows Ben and thought he was a cool guy. Other guy says "What? He's a douche, man. I should know cuz I've known him since he was 17. He owes like 30k. He also been doing T." ( and i thought i heard him say E-ball too but i dont know what that is) He finishes by saying " Yep, I shot him up myself."

Just thought I would pass on that little piece of gossip I heard.

Also the place looked like it was only half full. Which is strange because the Harley Davidson 110yr anniversary was going on.

BTW, I don't know how it sounded on TV but when Pettis subbed Henderson everyone there went fucking nuts. I couldn't even hear Joe interview him over the crowd still cheering.

Jose also had staph I think in Toronto. Hell he had to be carried away midway through the champion's Q&A to get put on an IV.

I was there and saw it hah.

EDIT: OH yea.... nice job Pettis!

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
So just got home from the fight.

I happened to be seated in front of guys that train MMA in Milwaukee talking about Ben Rothwell. One guy says he knows Ben and thought he was a cool guy. Other guy says "What? He's a douche, man. I should know cuz I've known him since he was 17. He owes like 30k. He also been doing T." ( and i thought i heard him say E-ball too but i dont know what that is) He finishes by saying " Yep, I shot him up myself."
Maybe D-bol? It's on the record that Rothwell (and Mir) had a TRT exemption for this card.

shit, first Benson UFC fight i don't watch, dude gets armbarred. fuck him, boring asshole. still had my fix, watching Mir's body turn to jello.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Tenderizing dem hibs

3.gif

Showtime tapping Bendo

1.gif

A squirrel dies on Barnett's head.

1.gif

Big ben does a jig and then kills some cancer patient

1.gif

Lol Mir could not beat Joshua. Pride finally fucking won and I didn't have to cut my head off

I'm game for Mir/Nog 3 - The revenge 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom