• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 164: Henderson vs. Pettis 2 |OT| Will Lightning Strike Twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
back to the rap game for bendo

220px-The_Book_of_Thugs.jpg

dream

Then he shits on Cowboy Cerrone and challenges Aldo to a title vs title fight. Showtime Pettis is my favorite fighter in the world.

I still wish he had broken Benson's arm off though.

Who would've thought an armbar? I guess Pettis.

The biggest thing I'm thinking though while rewatching this fight is that it's going to be incredibly hard to match or beat the excitement created in the first one.

The cage leaping kicks work because they're not something the other fighter expects (or at least didn't) similar to Silva and Machida's front snap kicks. Bendo should be expecting them this time so for a kick KO, Pettis is going to have to either accumulate damage over time or pull something new out of his bag of tricks. I just don't think a normal roundhouse kick is something that's going to catch Bendo unless it's thrown from a unique angle (Condit v. GSP) or an insanely perfectly timed counter.

If this rematch ends up on the ground quite a bit, I don't think it's going to be all due to Bendo. In the first fight, Pettis was all too happy to grapple and even spent almost the entire 2nd round on Bendo's back in a stalemate attempt for a RNC. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Pettis has been working on his bottom transition game and some ankle/knee subs.

Bold was right. Italics wrong. Underlined was in the ballpark but not completely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom