• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK PoliGAF thread of tell me about the rabbits again, Dave.

Biggzy

Well i wasn’t able to vote due to a monumental cock up by the electoral office. Luckily it shouldn’t matter as Leicester South my constituency is bound to vote for Labour in the local and by elections, also it looks like the No vote will win so my Yes vote isn’t going to matter.

Chinner

Banned
Carl said:
He's a god. He doesn't even sleep! :p
he's a vampire
qow000.jpg

Garjon

Voted Labour and Yes. I'm really sick of having to vote Labour due to a lack of other options; there is absolutely no way I'm voting for a Lib Dem council after the mess they made the last time, not to mention the pathetic mud slinging they resorted to in their campaign leaflets, not even Labour or Conservative would outright lie in those. I voted Yes as I hope it will encourage more alternative parties to come forward in the next election. Of course, this has absolutely no chance of happening, but what the hell.

Oh fuck off, Warsi's on. Over the past year I've gone from quite liking her to literally throwing objects at the television whenever she's on and I revelled in that Adam Boulton interview posted above. Ah well, I'll just have to mute her whenever she comes on screen.

Suairyu

Banned
Only had the option of conservative or labour in my area. Fuck's sake. It really is choosing between a douche and a turd. You have to break it down to this level "the douche helps removes the turds somewhat". Anal hygiene, yo. Doesn't mean you want them leading your country.

AV, ho!

Chinner

Banned
Suairyu said:
Only had the option of conservative or labour in my area. Fuck's sake. It really is choosing between a douche and a turd. You have to break it down to this level "the douche helps removes the turds somewhat". Anal hygiene, yo. Doesn't mean you want them leading your country.

AV, ho!
my favourite way of thinking of it is that they're both going to fuck you in the ass, excpet labour might be kind enough to lube you up before they start.

Wes said:
Dimbleby is either winning a bet by wearing that tie or lost a bet and is having to wear it.
Dimbleby is winning with the tie. He's no Jon Snow, but he is a man of good ties.

EXCITING FACT TWO: Between the pre-recording of QT and this, Dimbleby HAS changed his tie.

Biggzy

Dambrosi said:
...who's the slightly chubby Asian woman who just came up on the TV? Wouldn't kick her out of bed...too hard.

Her names Baroness Warsi and let me tell you this, she is an idiot.

Suairyu

Banned
Chinner said:
my favourite way of thinking of it is that they're both going to fuck you in the ass, excpet labour might be kind enough to lube you up before they start.
An actual debate someone might have:
"Fuck the Conservatives! Jacking up tuition fees. I'll vote labour just to see rid of them for another four years."
"Labour did introduce those fees though. And jack them up first, too."
"Well. Fuck. ...they didn't jack them up as much as the Conservatives?"
"Works for me!"

Suairyu

Banned
Btw, did enough of you watch the first episode of The Shadow Line on BBC2 tonight for me to make a thread? It was some of the best crime drama I've seen in years.

Zoibie

JonathanEx said:
Just to remind you of some CLASSIC Vine action while he shows us some graphs.

http://i.imgur.com/fITWi.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Jeremy Vine debuted Kinect?!

@Suairyu I'll give it a watch on iPlayer.

pootle

They've been talking about Scotland for ages now.

I feel so special, hope the rest of the uk isn't too bored with it all.

And holy fuck that is one hell of a tie Dimbleby has on.

The sound effects when they count the seats sounds just like stud collecting from a lego game!

Wes

venison crêpe
Suairyu said:
Btw, did enough of you watch the first episode of The Shadow Line on BBC2 tonight for me to make a thread? It was some of the best crime drama I've seen in years.

Not on iPlayer yet but I'll be watching thist first ep. Will probably end up liking it.

Carl

Suairyu said:

I'll iPlayer it tomorrow

Empty

Suairyu said:

also people should watch the first episode of stewart lee's comedy vehicle s2 on iplayer as it is brilliant, especially the iannucci interview bits.

but i will check that out too.

pootle

killer_clank said:
Western Isles accents are awesome.

I used to work with people in the whisky distilleries in the islands.

I'm a weedgie and while I could understand them fine face to face it was hopeless on the phone. Half the time they would start a sentence in english and finish it in gaelic if they couldn't see you and remind themselves they were talking to a lowlander.

So funny hearing them swear in those beautiful soft accents when things were going wrong.

Carl said:
This'll kill the magic for you - here's the room Jeremy Vine is in

http://yfrog.com/z/h0b0hspj
I THINK THIS CALLS FOR ANOTHER FACT

Jeremy Vine is at a VR studio in ITN. He's generally at ITN for local elections - they built their own VR rig within the massive election set at BBC TC1 for the 2010 General Election!!!

I have also heard rumours that Jeremy Vine is in fact CG and the set is real.

JonathanEx said:

Jeremy Vine is at a VR studio in ITN. He's generally at ITN for local elections - they built their own VR rig within the massive election set at BBC TC1 for the 2010 General Election!!!

I take it you work at the BBC?

Carl

JonathanEx said:

Can already tell this is going to be a good night ;)

Zoibie

JonathanEx said:

But what about Dimbleby's tie? Nothing can be that rad without spontaneously combusting.

pootle

killer_clank said:
Lib Dems apparently getting SMASHED in Scotland. No real surprise.
Price they pay for being the tories' enablers. Nobody expects any better from the tories but the lib dems have left a lot of former supporters feeling betrayed.

Labour and Yes. But it won't matter much. AV isn't PR, if it had been I think people would've really been interested as the argument could've been simplified to PR = FAIR. Maybe that wouldn'tve worked even though.

And my council (Sefton) has been Hung since '89 I think. Doubt it'll change. It's right on the edge of the Liverpool suburbs, so there's enough Tories to hang it. Lib Dems will be annihilated like the rest of the city though.

Suairyu said:

Watched it on BBC-HD. Fantastic show, first part was ruined by me mum drying her hair upstairs so I couldn't hear shit for 10 minutes. But I love the actor who plays the inspector, he was great in Serenity. I would support a thread.

Why is there an alcoholic tramp on the telly

Is it like when that 'cab driver' was an expert on BBC News, and they think he's an MP?

Dark Machine said:
Labour and Yes. But it won't matter much. AV isn't PR, if it had been I think people would've really been interested as the argument could've been simplified to PR = FAIR. Maybe that wouldn'tve worked even though.

And my council (Sefton) has been Hung since '89 I think. Doubt it'll change. It's right on the edge of the Liverpool suburbs, so there's enough Tories to hang it. Lib Dems will be annihilated like the rest of the city though.

Watched it on BBC-HD. Fantastic show, first part was ruined by me mum drying her hair upstairs so I couldn't hear shit for 10 minutes. But I love the actor who plays the inspector, he was great in Serenity. I would support a thread.
No way, you're sefton? I live in Bath but I'm from Aintree, my family live not too far from the old roan and davenhill, near the blue anchor.. still visit a lot. Where abouts are you? Does Sefton cover bootle?

Carl

Zoibie said:
"Get real, David"

He isn't going to get away with that. Sometime, when he least expects it...

Sounds like the leader debate last year where Gordon told Nick (?) to get real ;)

If anyone's following this on Twitter, make sure you're following DIMBLEBOT. And follow him during QT, of course.

DIMBLEBOT
"HANCOCK" HAS INDEED BEEN "FIGHTING BACK" IN A "PUB CAR PARK" THIS EVENING #VOTE2011

DIMBLEFACT: BIO-DIMBLEBY ONCE CHASED "PAXO" INTO A SANDWICH SHOP DESIGNED FOR "NORTHERNERS" AS PUNISHMENT FOR STEALING GIN.

Top Bottom