• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Gorgeous day. Just had lunch on the terrace.

Didn't want to go back in. Want to just throw a frisbee all afternoon and drink pimms.

Lirlond

Chinners in Leeds? You a music man chinner?

Shorty: I've been wanting to cut my grass for weeks lol. Finally cut it on Thursday!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Weather's a beauty in Huddersfield today, was gonna go skate but I wanna keep myself chilled out before the blood giving. Speaking of which, I'd better eat something.

Mr. Sam

Weather's gorgeous in London, but get this - they're collecting the post at three o'clock today because of the Olympics. Three o'clock! Mental.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Only if you use a razor. None of this fuzzy head crap. Go baby smooth or not at all.

Oh yeah, baby smooth baby!

Good to see you back chap.

Shave it, but leave a little something so you can 'style' it.

Thanks fella, I missed the place :)

I'm leaving my beard on so I can do the whole upsidedown head thing, so I'm thinking that'll be my 'style'. I'm not even properly bald yet, I'm just thinning enough for it to be annoying me. I may do it on saturday since I've got two weeks off work (time enough for it to grow back if I find I look like a thug or summat).

It's just that balding is something out of my control, so I'm thinking of taking matters into my own hands.

The only thing I can guarantee is that my family are going to take the piss when they see me at the end of august. Especially my uncle who I have mocked for being bald since I learned to speak.

EDIT: or by leave a little bit, do you mean like the little tufty bit that guy from 2Unlimited had??

Oh yeah, baby smooth baby!

I'm leaving my beard on so I can do the whole upsidedown head thing, so I'm thinking that'll be my 'style'. I'm not even properly bald yet, I'm just thinning enough for it to be annoying me. I may do it on saturday since I've got two weeks off work (time enough for it to grow back if I find I look like a thug or summat).

It's just that balding is something out of my control, so I'm thinking of taking matters into my own hands.

The only thing I can guarantee is that my family are going to take the piss when they see me at the end of august. Especially my uncle who I have mocked for being bald since I learned to speak.

EDIT: or by leave a little bit, do you mean like the little tufty bit that guy from 2Unlimited had??

Nice to see you back Jedeye! Did you see the pics from the meetup? There's that one of me with you looking surprised at my boobs, well I made it my profile pic on facebook and needless to say you've had a few comments. haha.

Best thing to do when you start receeding is shave it all off. Can look quite sexy in a Bruce Willis sorta way.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Wonderful weather here today, and just had one of the Red Arrows fly over my house at about 300ft - WHOOOSH. Wow.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Does anyone wonder what it would be like if Glasgow collided with New York and then repopulated with Chinese people? Go to Hong Kong. I swear to god if I had fallen asleep on the flight, landed in HK and you told me I was in the UK my reaction would have been "Holy shit, the Daily Express is right! Immigration is outta control!!"

Seriously though it's as British a city as you can get. And absolutely amazing too. I had a couple of pints of Deuchars, ate a few Mattessons smoked sausages before getting a couple of packs of Jaffa Cakes and Hob Nobs for my own personal Taiwan Famine Relief Winter 2012 fund.

Hella expensive compared to Taiwan though. That and being on a plane during a typhoon is an experience I don't want to relive any time soon.

Suairyu

Banned
Shenmue II made me want to go to Hong Kong, though it also gave me the expectation that everyone speaks perfect Japanese but then goes "Japan? Where's that?"

And oh god the heat. I need some cider.

SKINNER!

Banned
I heard that Hong Kong is completely different from mainland China and - along with Japan and Singapore - My plan is to save up a large amount (once I get enough for laser eye surgery) and see if I can spend a few days in each of those places.

Currently listening to this:

7x9Jd.jpg

When I was younger, I saw the trailer to the Thin Red Line and adored the music that was in it. Somewhat gutted when I discovered that the music in the trailer wasn't on the main soundtrack and it wasn't until last week that I discovered that they released another soundtrack mostly featuring the Melanesian Choir chants.

f0rk

Had a good day off; got a haircut and went to see Batman on my lonesome. It was enjoyable but probably would have been better if it was longer or stretched over two films like TDK.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Nice to see you back Jedeye! Did you see the pics from the meetup? There's that one of me with you looking surprised at my boobs, well I made it my profile pic on facebook and needless to say you've had a few comments. haha.

Best thing to do when you start receeding is shave it all off. Can look quite sexy in a Bruce Willis sorta way.

Hell yeah I loved that photo! One of my few successful photobombs, very proud of myself :)

I'll post pics when I shear myself at the weekend, let y'all decide if I'm more Bruce Willis or Karl Pilkington! And then I'll go post in the new pics thread and see if gayGAF hit on me :D

Suairyu

Banned
I want to add UK-GAF to Facebook, but feel compelled to meet them irl first. I have rules and standards, see.

I've met runlikehell, though! Which reminds me - are you working IMAX again this Saturday? Me and the same girl might be coming to watch Dark Knight.

I want to add UK-GAF to Facebook, but feel compelled to meet them irl first. I have rules and standards, see.

I've met runlikehell, though! Which reminds me - are you working IMAX again this Saturday? Me and the same girl might be coming to watch Dark Knight.

I won't know until Wednesday, but it's highly likely! :)

Suairyu

Banned
Oh, that creepy exiled-from-the-UK-due-to-"inhumane sex laws" guy responded to my question of what the "inhumane sex laws" were with asking me for my landline number :/

no angel

You know, I'd love to come to one of these meet ups - at the very least to put names to faces - but I spend most of my time lurking and barely post so I think I'd end up feeling really creepy. Sad, cause I really would like to be more involved.

You know, I'd love to come to one of these meet ups - at the very least to put names to faces - but I spend most of my time lurking and barely post so I think I'd end up feeling really creepy. Sad, cause I really would like to be more involved.

That really doesn't matter at all, TheGoldenGunman has been on Gaf for 2 1/2 years and he's still a Junior he posts so little, but he's come to both meet ups. I was still a Junior when the first meet up happened. It matters not how much or how little you post, you're still a part of Gaf and therefore most welcome to any meet up :)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
About to watch KILL LIST, lets hope its as awesome as the DARK KNIGHT RISES, Still can't get that awesome film out of my mind.

Kentpaul

I think you might like this kentpaul: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMLmaFi_Nbw

You said you were looking for British gangster films and I saw the trailer when I went to see The Art of Rap.

You wouldn't expect that kinda attitude if you went to the (non-existant) Scot-Gaf meeting ;P

Looks great, I wouldn't catch it at the pictures though i would wait for dvd for a movie like that.

Its inhumane that I have to be at work while the sun is blazing outside. At least I've got a view of the olympic park and can just about make out the athletes in and around there in this clear weather.

Kavanagh

Banned

Join the gaf Facebook group so you can be a sly duck putting names to faces without revealing your own. It's a bit of a banned member graveyard.

Kentpaul

I have relapsed

chilling in a coffee place drinking coffee while sweating its so warm outside I want my rain back dammit

SmokyDave

Bender out, Stella in.

Stella who? Stella what? Stella where?

My penis reflexively jumped when I looked at your avatar. That's probably a good sign.

Yeah, definitely shave it. If you're not happy with the result, you don't need to do anything but wait!

Ray Slijngaard is a hero of mine so anything that emulates him gains my approval instantly. Ray is the man that we could all be if we tried our hardest.

no angel

That really doesn't matter at all, TheGoldenGunman has been on Gaf for 2 1/2 years and he's still a Junior he posts so little, but he's come to both meet ups. I was still a Junior when the first meet up happened. It matters not how much or how little you post, you're still a part of Gaf and therefore most welcome to any meet up :)
Well I'll make it a mission to attend at least one this year. London's not far from the south coast after all.

In other news on a day like today a stock audit is way down my list of things I'd like to be doing. Roll on the weekend!

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking love this lovely weather so much. The clear blue sky, the heat, it's bringing me good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom