• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

KFC gravy is good but it fluctuates from shop to shop. In Preston there's two KFCs and one does nice thick gravy that tastes amazing, and one does thin gravy, but it still tastes nice. Here in Sheffield there's one KFC that does thick gravy but tastes like shite.

Mixed bag.

Suairyu

Banned
guys whats your best move for wooing a woman?
"Hi, I'm [name]"

Works like a charm.

real talk i only tried kfc gravy for the first time this year and why didnt anyone tell me its good
I only discovered it a year ago myself. Got myself one of those boxes and it was either gravy or beans. Goddamn that shit is so good. Especially if you put a bit of BBQ sauce in it as well.

edit - We're counting down until the moment we're considered Off Topic spam and get relegated to Community forum hell, btw.

Arnie

what'd everyone have for tea(dinner)?

Steak and chips at the pub watching the match. Although it was my only meal of the day (woke up late) so I'm thinking of whizzing down to the shop to grab a pot noodle. Got some late night work to do.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
what'd everyone have for tea(dinner)?

I made my usual big roast: chicken, gammon, potatoes, yorkshire pud, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, parsnips, sweet potato and sausages.

Only four of us there (it's usually about six), so all the more for me!

Lirlond

CHEEZMO™;35281602 said:
Cheese on toast.

4nfMW.jpg

KFC gravy is good but it fluctuates from shop to shop. In Preston there's two KFCs and one does nice thick gravy that tastes amazing, and one does thin gravy, but it still tastes nice. Here in Sheffield there's one KFC that does thick gravy but tastes like shite.

Mixed bag.

That small one on fishergate was the first in England

Arnie

That small one on fishergate was the first in England

Yea I feel proud every time I eat there. It's tiny though, which is strange considering it's heritage, it's always a mad rush to get a table.

And Meadows, I don't mind a pot noodle from time to time, especially a Bombay Bad Boy, although I don't put all the sauce in because I'm a pussy.

Suairyu

Banned
I once as a dare emptied an entire sachet of bombay bad boy raw straight into my mouth.

I don't recommend it.

And Chinner, bro, a chicken and mushroom pot noodle with two slices of white bread broken down and mushed into the pot noodle is the ultimate treat on a rainy day. I only have one maybe once every few months but I love it when I do. Always follow up with a snickers and a huge thing of cola.

Arnie

real talk pot noodles are shit why anyone proudly announces they like them is beyond me.

For 75p, when you've got some late night work to do, Pot Noodles are fantastic. Better than Super Noodles anyway. Similarly I like Dominos pizza, although GAF tells me I shouldn't like that either.

GAF's weird, it can be very snobby about food. GAFs first reaction when discussing how they like their eggs is to denounce some secret recipe involving 12 different ingredients, when my first reaction would be to say 'scrambled'.

I guess it's a part of GAF I can't associate with. I like eating KFC, Dominos, Pot Noodles and shit foods in general. I'm about to eat a Goodfellas pizza off the cardboard box it came in, because I can't be arsed dirtying and subsequently washing a plate.

I hope I've not offended anyone, although I'm almost certain I have.

For 75p, when you've got some late night work to do, Pot Noodles are fantastic. Better than Super Noodles anyway. Similarly I like Dominos pizza, although GAF tells me I shouldn't like that either.

GAF's weird, it can be very snobby about food. GAFs first reaction when discussing how they like their eggs is to denounce some secret recipe involving 12 different ingredients, when my first reaction would be to say 'scrambled'.

I guess it's a part of GAF I can't associate with. I like eating KFC, Dominos, Pot Noodles and shit foods in general. I'm about to eat a Goodfellas pizza off the cardboard box it came in, because I can't be arsed dirtying and subsequently washing a plate.

I hope I've not offended anyone, although I'm almost certain I have.

I would just like to say how much I agree with it. Some of the Dominos snobbery might be US based? I know it's crap and expensive but good god if it doesn't taste good with a large pizza and a side of chicken strippers.

Also surprising: the like, 12p tesco Super Noodles compare not particularly bad to actual Super Noodles - just add some herbs or bacon salt so there's actual flavour. Super Noodles = amazing snack.

...with this and my idiot's risotto it makes me sound like I hate food, doesn't it? I like cooking. Honest. Finding recipes that work for 2 (often cos of ingredients) is hard but now I'm not in student accommodation but living in an actual house I've got more freedom to cook.

Papa Johns is better than Domino's IMO. Much less salty.

Both are hideously expensive though, and the 'personal' pizzas are fucking to tiny. Gotta have a large for myself, which basically only ever means I eat em on Tuesdays.

Papa Johns is better than Domino's IMO. Much less salty.

Both are hideously expensive though, and the 'personal' pizzas are fucking to tiny. Gotta have a large for myself, which basically only ever means I eat em on Tuesdays.

If you ever pay full price, you're doing it wrong, I find. I'm slightly concerned by how good I am at finding the best discount code, but it helps. Oh 50% off when you spend £40 why that's so kind of you.

I just buy the ASDA 'sling it in the oven for 10 minutes' pizzas. Works for me.

but what do i do after....

You're a funny guy, this shouldn't be too hard, right? Depends what the situation is, anyway. Truth be told, I don't even know why I'm replying to this, because I'm useless too :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom