• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I spent £5.60 on a pint the other day. I believe it was called Leffe. Serves me right for just pointing at a random tap, but I'm certainly not buy that drink ever again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not worth £5.60 though.

But at least it got rid of the taste from the ale I had just before. It had either gone off or was just plain bad. Damn I had bad luck in that one pub.

£5.60? Fucking hell. I've never paid that much for a pint and I've gone out drinking in central London at night.

Most I've ever paid was a fiver inside the O2. Drank it and didn't bother with another one.

Suairyu

Banned
I paid £2 for a half of Guiness yesterday at the fireworks. Was out of a fairground van though so you expect fleecing.

The fuckers in the chinese noodle van wanted £6.50 for a small box of chow mein. Hell no.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I paid £180 for a bottle of Grey Goose in a outrageously pretentious nightclub in Newcastle. That stung.

Which club? My housemate got a bottle from Tesco for.. £40? Shit I can't remember how much they charge for it. It was his birthday I think or something like that and he wanted something special.

3Sixty

Which club? My housemate got a bottle from Tesco for.. £40? Shit I can't remember how much they charge for it. It was his birthday I think or something like that and he wanted something special.

Yeah its ~£40 in the supermarkets :(

Madame Koos. In the even more pretentious VIP section downstairs, sat there drinking Goose watching Mike Williamson throw some shapes.

Cindres

Yeah its ~£40 in the supermarkets :(

Madame Koos. In the even more pretentious VIP section downstairs, sat there drinking Goose watching Mike Williamson throw some shapes.

Ah Koos can be expensive, was it on a weekend? Super fucking expensive and middle aged on the weekends. Only plus is free entry.

3Sixty

Ah Koos can be expensive, was it on a weekend? Super fucking expensive and middle aged on the weekends. Only plus is free entry.

Yeah a Saturday night i think.

Its no £2 trebles in Sinners i'll tell you that ;)

Edit: My favourite story from Newcastle, which i tell all the time because it shows my complete lack of knowledge in all things Northern. Was chatting up a group of girls for about 40 mins when i say "So where do you normally go on the weekends" to there response "Errrrm, we don't know, we're down for the weekend from Glasgow". All sound alike to me.

Cindres

Yeah a Saturday night i think.

Its no £2 trebles in Sinners i'll tell you that ;)

Edit: My favourite story from Newcastle, which i tell all the time because it shows my complete lack of knowledge in all things Northern. Was chatting up a group of girls for about 40 mins when i say "So where do you normally go on the weekends" to there response "Errrrm, we don't know, we're down for the weekend from Glasgow". All sound alike to me.

Sinners is the happiest place on earth.

GJS

Guy sitting near me on the train says his father was the family liaison for the Payne family, then the guy he's talking to says.. "I don't agree with that, I knew Roy Whiting he got stitched up". Lol.

Supposedly he is under the secrets act as well and can't talk about his son being in the army.

SKINNER!

Banned
Running it on sky high my wigsta, so you have xbox live I'm addicted to that new fears of war game. Fears because I bring the pain.

Six days clean from benzo fury folks. I'm a new man.

I do have an unused XBL code kicking around somewhere.

Robin Williams
Dave Chapelle
Ricky Gervais circa "Politics"

tR0hX.gif

SKINNER!

Banned
CHEEZMO™;41109056 said:
I stopped liking Gervais years ago.

Only excellent Gervais was the office. Extras and The Ricky Gervais show are alright. Everything else, especially the US TV show cameos, were just awful.

Salvadora

Only excellent Gervais was the office. Extras and The Ricky Gervais show are alright. Everything else, especially the US TV show cameos, were just awful.

I agree with this although I find it hard to give any credit for The Ricky Gervais Show. All he is doing is prodding Karl with a stick and hoping he strikes gold.

siddhu33

Today was a good day. Got my A level results , and I'm now off to uni! Didn't meet predicted grades(physics exam board docked coursework marks, so I "only" got an A, compared to an A*), but who cares.

Man, this feels good.

P.S- Dave Chapelle is probably the best stand-up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The place where we go to after work is £7-9 for a pint.

Makes a big difference from uni where I used to get £1 pints.

You know you can buy at least 8 cans of Fosters for that, right?? Whenever I go out I feel a little mugged.

In other news, I just got home from perhaps the longest, hardest and most rewarding day ever. I got up at 5.30, went to work and spent the day giving posh kids their exam results and dealing with problems. It kinda disturbed me to think that some of these very kids will be the people running the world in 20 years time. Hope they remember their kindly exams officer.

Then I went straight from work to a venue to play a support slot with my band Parachute for Gordo. We played with a band called FutureAges who have the bassist from possibly my favourite English rock band Reuben. Got to say hi and use his amp (it was a sexy amp), and he validated my existence by saying he liked the set. It was a ballsy set though, half an hour of Punk Rock Post Rock (as we coined it this evening) on a night with bands that play real songs with words any everything. Got drunk, ate some chinese, met some cool folks and had them tell me how much I rock. Playing music is the best thing ever.

Now I'm home, time for a bath, listen to the recording of the gig and then go to work tomorrow. Roll on the weekend!!

Today was a good day. Got my A level results , and I'm now off to uni! Didn't meet predicted grades(physics exam board docked coursework marks, so I "only" got an A, compared to an A*), but who cares.

Man, this feels good.

P.S- Dave Chapelle is probably the best stand-up.

11pm on results day, on NeoGAF? Surely not!

Mikeside

You know you can buy at least 8 cans of Fosters for that, right?? Whenever I go out I feel a little mugged.

In other news, I just got home from perhaps the longest, hardest and most rewarding day ever. I got up at 5.30, went to work and spent the day giving posh kids their exam results and dealing with problems. It kinda disturbed me to think that some of these very kids will be the people running the world in 20 years time. Hope they remember their kindly exams officer.

Then I went straight from work to a venue to play a support slot with my band Parachute for Gordo. We played with a band called FutureAges who have the bassist from possibly my favourite English rock band Reuben. Got to say hi and use his amp (it was a sexy amp), and he validated my existence by saying he liked the set. It was a ballsy set though, half an hour of Punk Rock Post Rock (as we coined it this evening) on a night with bands that play real songs with words any everything. Got drunk, ate some chinese, met some cool folks and had them tell me how much I rock. Playing music is the best thing ever.

Now I'm home, time for a bath, listen to the recording of the gig and then go to work tomorrow. Roll on the weekend!!

wow.
I'm a huge Reuben fan too. This keeps getting weirder, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom