• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

A good 75% of the people in ranked who have < 20 games are fucking good.

Why.
Probably they spent most of their time playing Unranked and then moved over when they felt they were good enough. Or they just reset their records.

Some people don't like playing ranked Marvel... at the top level its the stuff you see in tournaments regularly. In lower level and unranked you see some crazy ass teams and gimmicks.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
I was playing someone who kept resetting their record everytime I beat him.

He was on 3-0 when I first played him, then he was 0-0 next match (he joined again straight away). I was playing him on and off for quite a bit and every time I beat him, the next time he joined he'd reset.

I don't understand why? Even if he got himself to 50-0 it's not a legitimate representation of his skills in the game.

Yea ranked is garbage in UMvC3. ESPECIALLY in the vita version. 523 consecutive win streaks lol.

Yeah I don't like ranked either. I only played ranked on 360 to get the achievement and then I stopped. And I only did it briefly on ps3 because of people whining that I wasn't a beginner or some shit.

I'd like ranked a lot more if it was 2/3 or 3/5.

I dislike ranked simply for the fact that it takes too much time to get into a match after completing one. I don't want to spend the majority of my time in a fighting game searching for matches.

I dislike ranked simply for the fact that it takes too much time to get into a match after completing one. I don't want to spend the majority of my time in a fighting game searching for matches.

SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING SOMEONE WHO NEVER MADE 1ST LORD WOULD SAY

AW YEAH BABAY

i8fcQSEtWKW2z.gif

I mostly agree; ranked search takes so fucking long, it's infuriating. It's even worse during the weekdays for me since I can't play during prime hours.

I also dont like that you only get one match. You learn nothing from that. And the ranked connections seem to generally be worse than player matches, too.

TWILT

Banned
SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING SOMEONE WHO NEVER MADE 1ST LORD WOULD SAY

AW YEAH BABAY

i8fcQSEtWKW2z.gif

I mostly agree; ranked search takes so fucking long, it's infuriating. It's even worse during the weekdays for me since I can't play during prime hours.
Pffft, Master Lord over here. Step it up man.

But seriously, I can't stand Ranked in fighting games anymore. I'm all about long sets these days.

FSLink

Banned
Pffft, Master Lord over here. Step it up man.

But seriously, I can't stand Ranked in fighting games anymore. I'm all about long sets these days.

1st Lord and 2nd Lord (PSN/XBL respectively), what up. Probably would be Master or Cosmic if I just stuck to one profile.

But whatever, lol ranked

Sigmaah

High Lord up in this bitch!

I play ranked to play good people. I want that challenge BruhBruhs. But fuck just 1 match, doesn't prove shit.

I'd love to play long sets but who can on 360? Y'all on dat ps3...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Both ranked and player matches have similar but different uses as far as leveling up goes. Player matches teach you how to adapt, since you have more time to do so and the adaptations you need to make become more apparent. Then ranked teaches you how to adapt quickly, because you have to adapt quickly to do well in that mode. Plus in ranked, there's something on the line. Yeah, it's not like it matters much, and it's not exactly like putting the lunch money you saved up to play at the arcades on the line like I did when I was a kid, but it's something that can make you more mentally driven to make those quick adaptations and not be lazy.

But I'm speaking mostly from my experience with AE here. Ranked in Marvel probably isn't as good at helping you learn how to adapt quickly, since one off games in Marvel seem random as fuck regardless of how quickly you can adapt. I figure it does force you to learn ho to play very solid in general to do well though.

Anyway, I'm doing better thanks to the advice some of you have given me. Starting to get used to a lot of things, but I think the added elements of controlling space in the air as well as how drastically assists can change each characters options are things that I just have 0 experience with in fighting games and are things I'm gonna need a lot of time to get used to.

Dahbomb

I think the added elements of controlling space in the air as well as how drastically assists can change each characters options are things that I just have 0 experience with in fighting games and are things I'm gonna need a lot of time to get used to.
Yeah this stuff takes a while to get used to and get good at.

Anyone have a suggestion who to tag Dante and Dormammu with. I'm getting bored of using Doom, and I kind of want to tag Vergil on that team but i dunno.....

Anyone have a suggestion who to tag Dante and Dormammu with. I'm getting bored of using Doom, and I kind of want to tag Vergil on that team but i dunno.....

Shuma has an amazing assist that will benefit both of them......but you're stuck with Shuma. Strider might be ok. He's great for Dante, but I don't know about Dorm. The way I imagine it, it may work out ok. Vergil is God for everyone simply because. Plus his assist is good for pushing people back across the screen.

High Lord up in this bitch!

I play ranked to play good people. I want that challenge BruhBruhs. But fuck just 1 match, doesn't prove shit.

I'd love to play long sets but who can on 360? Y'all on dat ps3...

I'll play you in long sets......once I get my damn 360 copy back :(

I get no greater joy than making Zero and/or Vergil look like fucking morons, especially if I use the team. Though I don't think I've used Zero/Dante/Vergil against yours.

Sigmaah

I'll play you in long sets......once I get my damn 360 copy back :(

I get no greater joy than making Zero and/or Vergil look like fucking morons, especially if I use the team. Though I don't think I've used Zero/Dante/Vergil against yours.

LET'S DO IT BRO.

I stopped using Dante for the most part, but if I need jam for a certain match up ill use him for it. Fuck playing Dante online lol. I play ZeroTatsuDie (Akuma/Vergil) mainly. Just started playing Zero/Doom/Strider tho.

Zero and Vergil do have grimey shit but you gotta remember, they're legit characters : D I ain't even mad my homeboy Zero is top.

LET'S DO IT BRO.

I stopped using Dante for the most part, but if I need jam for a certain match up ill use him for it. Fuck playing Dante online lol. I play ZeroTatsuDie (Akuma/Vergil) mainly. Just started playing Zero/Doom/Strider tho.

Zero and Vergil do have grimey shit but you gotta remember, they're legit characters : D I ain't even mad my homeboy Zero is top.

Haha, well yeah they're legit characters.....because they run the fucking game. I have no issues with people using the characters, I just personally will not use them unless I'm playing in a tourney or there's something on the line. Just like I stopped using Missiles outside of a couple pairings. Like I'll use Missiles with Dorm or I'll use them with MorriDoom (but I only use MorriDoom if the opponent is using Missiles or Vergil or Zero).

I used to have a ton of respect for Zero, and you can even see posts I've made in the past defending him, but eventually I decided to pick him up and once I trained with him for a couple days and I was getting perfects on people, I lost all respect for the character.

Sigmaah

Haha, well yeah they're legit characters.....because they run the fucking game. I have no issues with people using the characters, I just personally will not use them unless I'm playing in a tourney or there's something on the line. Just like I stopped using Missiles outside of a couple pairings. Like I'll use Missiles with Dorm or I'll use them with MorriDoom (but I only use MorriDoom if the opponent is using Missiles or Vergil or Zero).

I used to have a ton of respect for Zero, and you can even see posts I've made in the past defending him, but eventually I decided to pick him up and once I trained with him for a couple days and I was getting perfects on people, I lost all respect for the character.

I wouldn't say Zero runs the game, Doom and Vergil run it. And any character can get perfects. Just depends on the players.

Holy fuck I might replace Akuma with ordinary guy. Only thing I won't be able to do is combo off of grabs with Ryu.... Hmmm, do I make the switch? Ryu's tatsu is nice I think.

I wouldn't say Zero runs the game, Doom and Vergil run it. And any character can get perfects. Just depends on the players.

Holy fuck I might replace Akuma with ordinary guy. Only thing I won't be able to do is combo off of grabs with Ryu.... Hmmm, do I make the switch? Ryu's tatsu is nice I think.

kevo could tell you how good XF3 Ryu is. ;D

Doom? What is Doom gonna do? He has so many shit matchups....unless you mean he runs the game as an assist character, which I wholeheartedly agree....but I'm talking about point. Doom does matchup well against Zero though. And yeah I agree that anyone can get perfects and it depends on the player, but the amount of effort is definitely dependent on the character. Zero gets one clean hit and it's death. And then you have to survive like 6 mixups on incoming and if you fail then it's death. I just made mention of the perfects because I think I've gotten more with that team than any of the other teams I play.....and they feel so dirty.

I'd stick with Akuma. Better Tatsu, and he does more damage. And being able to combo off of grabs is one of the most important things to me, so I may be biased.

Dahbomb

Zero and Vergil do have grimey shit but you gotta remember, they're legit characters
Lol what do you mean by "legit characters"? If those two are legit then every character in the game is legit except for the 3 "gimmick" characters.

Zero runs the game harder than Doom or Vergil. Vergil can be beaten by a wider margin of the cast than Zero can and Vergil is only as powerful as the point character. Similar thing for Doom... he might be a god tier support but that is all he will ever be... a top tier support but not a character you can win a game solo off of. Zero is the character that decides the pace of the game as he is played as a point and thus his spot is valuable and his impact greater. There are really like 3 point characters that run the game right now because they crush characters in terms of match ups.. Zero, Magneto and Morrigan. Unlike let's say a Nova team.. you are almost never in a position where you start off a game against a Nova team and the match up is like 1-9. Against those 3 characters that's like a common situation which is why they are dominating. They crush the low tier characters harder than any other characters.

Sigmaah

Doom? What is Doom gonna do? He has so many shit matchups....unless you mean he runs the game as an assist character, which I wholeheartedly agree....but I'm talking about point. Doom does matchup well against Zero though. And yeah I agree that anyone can get perfects and it depends on the player, but the amount of effort is definitely dependent on the character. Zero gets one clean hit and it's death. And then you have to survive like 6 mixups on incoming and if you fail then it's death. I just made mention of the perfects because I think I've gotten more with that team than any of the other teams I play.....and they feel so dirty.

I'd stick with Akuma. Better Tatsu, and he does more damage. And being able to combo off of grabs is one of the most important things to me, so I may be biased.

Doom's got j.S, get a hit once, usually a dead character. A lot of characters can tod easily, they just don't do 6 mixups at a time like Zero is what the issue is. That's why people don't like Zero and I guess that's why you feel Dirty. I feel dirty landing footdives...

And yeah I think the switch might be beat lmao. Akuma's still the homie!

Lol what do you mean by "legit characters"? If those two are legit then every character in the game is legit except for the 3 "gimmick" characters.

Zero runs the game harder than Doom or Vergil. Vergil can be beaten by a wider margin of the cast than Zero can and Vergil is only as powerful as the point character. Similar thing for Doom... he might be a god tier support but that is all he will ever be... a top tier support but not a character you can win a game solo off of. Zero is the character that decides the pace of the game as he is played as a point and thus his spot is valuable and his impact greater. There are really like 3 point characters that run the game right now because they crush characters in terms of match ups.. Zero, Magneto and Morrigan. Unlike let's say a Nova team.. you are almost never in a position where you start off a game against a Nova team and the match up is like 1-9. Against those 3 characters that's like a common situation which is why they are dominating. They crush the low tier characters harder than any other characters.

I meant it as, just cause they have "stupid" stuff and people use them, doesn't mean they're the scrub character or people just use them to win lol.

Zero runs the game point wise when it comes down to facts, when you realize his tool set, people say he's the best character. (I'm not saying he is but people think so.) He hasn't taken over (yet) like doom and Vergil. I'm talking about dominating as in who plays him, he dominates tool wise but not for the player base. He's getting there though I think... And doom can win solo bruhbruh, just takes more effort.

Dahbomb

FootDive isn't a 6 way mix up and it's pretty obvious where it's going to land. Unlike random ass Lightning that crosses up ambiguously leading into a death combo from 3/4th screen away.

There is no comparison between Doom's tools and Zero's tools. Doom as a point character is BARELY High tier. About 1/3rd of the cast crushes him in terms of match ups.

I don't know of any Zero's bad match ups. People say that stuff like Morrigan, Dorm, Taskmaster, Strange, Vergil and Hawkeye with decked out meter give him trouble but that stuff is like 5/5 at worst for Zero and usually dependent on who has meter. If Zero has meter then he wins almost all match ups free.

Doom's got j.S, get a hit once, usually a dead character. A lot of characters can tod easily, they just don't do 6 mixups at a time like Zero is what the issue is. That's why people don't like Zero and I guess that's why you feel Dirty. I feel dirty landing footdives...

And yeah I think the switch might be beat lmao. Akuma's still the homie!

Well yeah of course you've gotta respect the footdive, and trust me I feel gross when I land a yolo footdive, but the difference is that Doom has to be close for a footdive. If you're under him, then respect him. The only time I really get hit by footdives nowadays is a crossup footdive. Zero is pretty much dangerous from any point on the screen and has WAY more options than footdive. And like Dahbomb just mentioned, he pretty much dictates the pace of the match.

Sigmaah

FootDive isn't a 6 way mix up and it's pretty obvious where it's going to land. Unlike random ass Lightning that crosses up ambiguously leading into a death combo from 3/4th screen away.

There is no comparison between Doom's tools and Zero's tools. Doom as a point character is BARELY High tier. About 1/3rd of the cast crushes him in terms of match ups.

I don't know of any Zero's bad match ups. People say that stuff like Morrigan, Dorm, Taskmaster, Strange, Vergil and Hawkeye with decked out meter give him trouble but that stuff is like 5/5 at worst for Zero and usually dependent on who has meter. If Zero has meter then he wins almost all match ups free.

Footdive does not have an obvious landing, especially when it's clearly coming down on the side it looks like but ends up crossing you up, obviously that isn't a 6 way mixup but that shit is straight trickery. I dunno how people haven't figured what lighting does yet, that's not Zeros fault. The only thing I will say is zeros fault is when a sminge of lightning hits you then leads to a tod or maybe in the corner, doing L.lighting is pretty tricky to block.

Either grab Zero when he does cross up lightning or block the other way. I've blocked it on reaction plenty of times. (Not to say I haven't had my fair share of cross up lightnings hit me.)

Zero gets handled by Morridoom easily. Deadass fuck missiles.

Anybody wanna play in the morning? I need to find my Ethernet cable but otherwise I'm back with my good internet.

Whoo first gaf post on my cintiq companion ^_^

So excited!

Also to the above, don't pair Dante with Mystic Ray the scaling is unbelievable.

Ghazi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";94420288]Anybody wanna play in the morning? I need to find my Ethernet cable but otherwise I'm back with my good internet.

So excited!

Also to the above, don't pair Dante with Mystic Ray the scaling is unbelievable.[/QUOTE]
If my power is back tomorrow, then sure! I should be on around 11 AM or past. I was planning to spend all of tonight playing, tornados ruin everything!

FSLink

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";94420288]Anybody wanna play in the morning? I need to find my Ethernet cable but otherwise I'm back with my good internet.

So excited!

Also to the above, don't pair Dante with Mystic Ray the scaling is unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

I'm down. :p

Dahbomb

Zero gets handled by Morridoom easily. Deadass fuck missiles.
Not with Jam Session. Zero just has to move in under neath Morrigan and call Jam Session. If it hits her she dies... if she blocks she has to eat a mix up after she is done blocking the Jam Session. Zero can also cleanly anti air Shell Kick with st.S. Plus Sogenmu allows Zero to carve a path in and force his will on her for a short time.

Either grab Zero when he does cross up lightning or block the other way. I've blocked it on reaction plenty of times. (Not to say I haven't had my fair share of cross up lightnings hit me.)
And what if he does Lightning and does Buster as he gets close to you? You just got opened up by a standard Zero mix up.

So excited!

Shit Mystic Ray let's Dante do whatever he wants. I suppose I just accept low damage as almost every character I use does shit damage. Plus I don't focus on damage all that much

Sigmaah

Lol why on earth would you defend Zero? Its pretty much universally agreed that he's no.1 and pretty broken.

Cause everyone blows Zero up for shit they can't fix themselves, why keep crying for nerfs or saying he's insane when you can go to training mode and LEARN what you need to do to not get hit so easily? If Zero is really that bad of a character, why don't people go figure out what to do to stop him? But nah, no one will do that, keep complaining away. I get Zero'd myself and what do I do? I step my shit up and try again but nah, I'll just complain a lot.

Funny thing is, I'll complain about j.S cross up footdive and people will just tell me to learn to block, so how about everyone do the same when they get Zero'd? But nah, let's complain.

Not with Jam Session. Zero just has to move in under neath Morrigan and call Jam Session. If it hits her she dies... if she blocks she has to eat a mix up after she is done blocking the Jam Session. Zero can also cleanly anti air Shell Kick with st.S. Plus Sogenmu allows Zero to carve a path in and force his will on her for a short time.

And what if he does Lightning and does Buster as he gets close to you? You just got opened up by a standard Zero mix up.

I've never played jam against a Morridoom player so I can't say shit on that subject but without jam. It's free as fuck for Morridoom

If you see buster charged and you block lighting, expect the zero player to let go of buster, it's obvious cause it makes him safe. Just try to get zero before he gets level 3 buster again. It's doable, it's not insane as some people say it is.

Top Bottom