• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

GB's connection didn't seem so bad. I don't know why he kept disconnecting though. My bro-in-law said, "that Dante, he is your problem". GG man. I stink though I want to get better. I am going through a character/combo memorization crisis.

Dante's and Iron Fist's level 3s negate each other. Wild.

GB's connection didn't seem so bad. I don't know why he kept disconnecting though. My bro-in-law said, "that Dante, he is your problem". GG man. I stink though I want to get better. I am going through a character/combo memorization crisis.

You shouldn't swap teams after literally every match. Nova/Doom/Strider was your best one and the strongest in general but you only used it once. Stick with it and you'll have more fun I think.

And yeah, I've been trying to improve my neutral game with Dante so I made up some quick point teams for him.

Marz

Went to an offline session the other day and got to play about 50 games or so with a good player. I got worked, but it was good just actually getting to play another human being, since this games net code doesn't allow me to practice online.

I'm gonna have to learn how to plink dash I've decided, if I want to play Magneto. The other guys Magneto was so much faster than mine it made a big difference in who got opened up more often. Also going to have to learn when to call assists and when not to. And holy shit don't ever get cornered in this game, might as well put down your stick.

JeTmAn81

Marvel in the morning
Marvel in the evening
Marvel at suppertime
When Marvel's on a handheld, you can play Marvel anytime!

I'm always up for them. I think they're really fun. So many wacky team combinations + learning how to use whatever assists you get on the fly.
Both Ghazi and SlasherMcGirk seem to enjoy doing them too.

Yea I like playing randoms. Sometimes I wanna play other characters but aren't good enough with them against other peoples regular teams. Good fun.

Marvel in the morning
Marvel in the evening
Marvel at suppertime
When Marvel's on a handheld, you can play Marvel anytime!

I use this damn song all the time. Curse you Pizza Bagels!!!

A lot of level 3s negate each other. Usually because of invincibility frames.

X-23 is queen of invincibility.

Anybody wanna play some games?

Zissou

Since I'm back in the U.S. for the holidays (and brought my ps3 with me to kill downtime), does anybody want to play on psn?

Also you landing the ghost rider lvl3 grab made me and my bro in law get hype. You literately sold him a copy the moment you did that.
I like nova doom strider but just don't have fun with the team. It's super optimal but I am looking for more goofy teams. I stopped playing that team at work because it's not fun to play against. I know it's mahvel and you need cheap stuff but I still want people to play with me. Same goes with my sim at work.

Also you landing the ghost rider lvl3 grab made me and my bro in law get hype. You literately sold him a copy the moment you did that.
I like nova doom strider but just don't have fun with the team. It's super optimal but I am looking for more goofy teams. I stopped playing that team at work because it's not fun to play against. I know it's mahvel and you need cheap stuff but I still want people to play with me. Same goes with my sim at work.
We should play, then. I land a Ghost Rider level 3 every other match. ;)

Since I'm back in the U.S. for the holidays (and brought my ps3 with me to kill downtime), does anybody want to play on psn?
Add me: karsticles

It might be a few days before I can play, though.

FSLink

Banned
If anybody wants to play right now, I'm on PSN. Though be warned, I'm training my Morrigan/Doom/Vergil team. >___>

Yea I like playing randoms. Sometimes I wanna play other characters but aren't good enough with them against other peoples regular teams. Good fun.

I played casuals with some friends in person and we were doing randoms and they kept getting mad at me since I kept getting Wright, lol

Zissou

If anybody wants to play right now, I'm on PSN. Though be warned, I'm training my Morrigan/Doom/Vergil team. >___>

I played casuals with some friends in person and we were doing randoms and they kept getting mad at me since I kept getting Wright, lol

I'm up for some matches. What's your PSN name?

Good games That Dude John that was a long fun set. Very interesting team we played with. I was really liking Chun Li's lightning legs assist but can't play her for the life of me. The one match when I was using Haggar and you where using Nemesis and we both activated our supers at the same time (Punch super vs Bio hazard Rush) Nemesis cleanly beat Haggar. WTF where is my starting invulnerability. GGs.

Good games That Dude John that was a long fun set. Very interesting team we played with. I was really liking Chun Li's lightning legs assist but can't play her for the life of me. The one match when I was using Haggar and you where using Nemesis and we both activated our supers at the same time (Punch super vs Bio hazard Rush) Nemesis cleanly beat Haggar. WTF where is my starting invulnerability. GGs.

Yeah, Chuni-Li is...weird. Wasn't even sure how her basic A>B>C stuff went lol. And you probably had dat invulnerabilitly, but the first punch likely barely missed it. Good games.

The ps3 version does not! :(
Which is pretty fucking sad since the OG 2009 release of Street Fighter 4 supported them...
cacpcom plz.
I get tired of saying this, but it needs to be said: Marvel development started before SFIV. That is why Vanilla had worse netcode and no spectator mode.

FSLink

Banned
GGs FSLink despite the lag. Pretty nice to get face some MorriDoom even if I got bodied most of the time lol.

Yeah, I consider your team a good counter to MorriDoom (your Dante/Vergil/Strider team) so it was interesting in trying to adapt to the stuff they have (I've used that team against MorriDoom a few times and it's different being on the other side for sure), and having to be more careful with fireballs when Strider comes at me. I need to get better at the Round Trip glitch so I can do the Vergil + Missiles combination more effectively too.

I get tired of saying this, but it needs to be said: Marvel development started before SFIV. That is why Vanilla had worse netcode and no spectator mode.

Yea but I don't think that saves it from custom soundtracks. Ultimate has no excuses. Every delveloper doesn't take the extra mile to add custom soundtrack support. That's what happens when it's not developed at an OS level. Just leaving it as an option (in other words extra work) isn't worthwhile enough. Such a shame as fighting games need the option the most IMO.

Zissou

GGs beef. I have no idea how to fight Joe, especially once Doom dies. I was getting a little more accustomed to it toward the end though. Also had no idea Raccoon's level 3 was fast enough to punish oro activation- need to remember that! Your pixel of life Frank and Raccoon comebacks were also absurd, haha.

GGs beef. I have no idea how to fight Joe, especially once Doom dies. I was getting a little more accustomed to it toward the end though. Also had no idea Raccoon's level 3 was fast enough to punish oro activation- need to remember that! Your pixel of life Frank and Raccoon comebacks were also absurd, haha.

Everything is fast enough to punish orbs. I know from experience :(

Oh man, and that one match where I tried to chip you out with RR, and then you double-jumped and flew across the screen with Strider? Fucking amazing. I wasn't even mad. :lol :lol

I know this feeling. I really wish it was faster and safer to activate. :(

If you time it and cover your oroboros activations carefully its not too bad though...

Nah I like making people work for it. Yeah it sucks when it gets stuffed for me, but I would not want opposing Striders getting that shit for free. When I see a Strider with 3 bars, I am on his ass.

Zissou

Oh man, and that one match where I tried to chip you out with RR, and then you double-jumped and flew across the screen with Strider? Fucking amazing. I wasn't even mad. :lol :lol

Yeah, I was happy that it went far enough to get over him, haha. I was impressed with your avoiding of missile combo breakers with mach speed- I like to use point hidden missiles when I can sneak them in there, but they didn't do much work. Also, Joe's j.S makes him so hard to hit with vajra assist- made it so when vajra actually did hit, I wasn't remotely ready to capitalize, haha.

Also, I think I need to never helmbreaker with Dante- that move is so vulnerable to dash under punishes it's borderline suicide to throw out there.

Yea but I don't think that saves it from custom soundtracks. Ultimate has no excuses. Every delveloper doesn't take the extra mile to add custom soundtrack support. That's what happens when it's not developed at an OS level. Just leaving it as an option (in other words extra work) isn't worthwhile enough. Such a shame as fighting games need the option the most IMO.
Ultimate has a great excuse: it had an extremely short production time.

Ghazi

Well, I played 10 hours today (not counting Kadey's lobby and other times played on the PS3 version today). Was pretty fun, I guess.

4du3hqj.png

But, uh, well, I can't think of anything I accomplished. I streamed about 3 hours of training, found here, and didn't accomplish much there either and then went online for the rest of the time. I thought just brute forcing my way through this game, time-wise, would be a good approach since my biggest problem is lack of time. But, as I continued to play, I got worse, just dropping things I'd get perfectly before, and by the end of the session I was literally just mashing buttons.

On the upside, I've been listening to Christmas at the Airport on loop this whole time and have the lyrics memorized.

Well, I played 10 hours today (not counting Kadey's lobby and other times played on the PS3 version today). Was pretty fun, I guess.

But, uh, well, I can't think of anything I accomplished. I streamed about 3 hours of training, found here, and didn't accomplish much there either and then went online for the rest of the time. I thought just brute forcing my way through this game, time-wise, would be a good approach since my biggest problem is lack of time. But, as I continued to play, I got worse, just dropping things I'd get perfectly before, and by the end of the session I was literally just mashing buttons.

On the upside, I've been listening to Christmas at the Airport on loop this whole time and have the lyrics memorized.
It happens man. Sometimes I'll be playing so much that I can't do simple shit anymore. Play me if you wanna play more casual. I have plenty of teams I wanna try out that probably won't cause you too much of a headache. It'll be good learning for both of us.

Vice

How about Nova/modok/strider? It's very optimal as well but Modok is a lot goofier than Doom.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I want to shout out for my one of two favorite community,

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, Kurisumasu Omedeto, Sheng Dan Kuai Le, Joyeux Noel, Fröhliche Weihnachten, Hyvaa joulua, Kala Christouyenna!, Feliz Natal, Glædelig Jul, Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar, Mele Kalikimaka, Mo'adim Lesimkha, Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah, Buone Feste Natalizie, Feliz Natal, Ett Gott Nytt År, and Feliz Navidad to EVERYONE!

I hope that everyone would have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D

onionfrog

Hey Ghazi, if you ever want to play more casual sets I'm always up for it. I like experimenting with new teams.

Also I'll play Random Select matches anytime!

I want to shout out for my one of two favorite community,

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, Kurisumasu Omedeto, Sheng Dan Kuai Le, Joyeux Noel, Fröhliche Weihnachten, Hyvaa joulua, Kala Christouyenna!, Feliz Natal, Glædelig Jul, Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar, Mele Kalikimaka, Mo'adim Lesimkha, Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah, Buone Feste Natalizie, Feliz Natal, Ett Gott Nytt År, and Feliz Navidad to EVERYONE!

I hope that everyone would have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D
Merry Christmas IntelliHeath!
I'm looking forward to getting back into Smash Bros when Smash Bros 4 comes out.
Maybe we can play online if Nintendo does a good job on the netcode!

Considering getting UMvsC3 on Vita now that it's on sale. I have it on PS3 already, though. How is the port? I read something about static backgrounds before the game was out, not sure if the final game was like that or not. More importantly, is it 60 FPS?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

GGs, dude! Getting burnt out in a long session can happen. At the very least, you learned certain match ups during random battles. You might be dropping things because of a combination of lag and anxiousness.

Top Bottom