• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

Blocking Lightning cross ups is way harder than blocking Foot Dive. Don't try to deflect the character's strengths that way, again those two aren't comparable at all. You can avoid Foot Dive with good positioning but its much harder to avoid Lightning because of its range and Buster cancel safety.

There isn't anything to figure out about Zero just like there isn't anything to figure out about Morrigan, Doom, Vergil, Magneto etc. There is no tech in the game that counters 3/4th screen away Lightning into death. There is no tech that allows you to block a 6 layer deep Zero mix up on incoming. All the top players know about punishing Lightning but good Zero players don't do that raw anymore. Nowadays the first set of Lightning is used to lock someone in place, call an assist then use second set of Lightning. There isn't DIDDLY SQUAT you can do about that if you don't have Hard Drive.

The time of asking for nerfs is over. We are way past the bargaining phase... its time for the acceptance phase which is to accept that Zero runs the game. We are lucky that someone like Justin doesn't play that character or FChamp doesn't play it because they will show how a defensive Zero player with Missiles shits on the cast or a Zero with Jam Session leads into literal unblockables.

Ghazi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";94464019]Who wants to play? 🙋[/QUOTE]

I will! You're on PSN, right? I'm not sure if I have you added as friend there.

Ghazi

I just got crossed up by Wolverine's dive kick o_O

PS3 online play lag is unbearable ugh.

GGs God's Beard, that was fun. Sadly, as I start getting more into my stick (which only works on the 360) it's getting harder to do motions on the pad :/

So many dropped inputs!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UMvC3 Combo Exhibition by lush
That Viper combo was very entertaining even if there's x-factor involved.
what the fuck at that Ryu shit
what the fuck a that She-Hulk shit
what the fuck at that C. Viper shit
what the fuck at that Morrigan shit
what the fuck at that X-23 shit
what the fuck at that Frank West shit
what the fuck at that Wesker shit
what the fuck at that Magneto shit
what the fuck at that Dark Phoenix shit
what the fuck at that Zero shit
what the fuck at those last two combos

Dahbomb

The first part of that Viper combo seems kinda legit for high level play because it's almost a full screen confirm into a combo.

Cause everyone blows Zero up for shit they can't fix themselves, why keep crying for nerfs or saying he's insane when you can go to training mode and LEARN what you need to do to not get hit so easily? If Zero is really that bad of a character, why don't people go figure out what to do to stop him? But nah, no one will do that, keep complaining away. I get Zero'd myself and what do I do? I step my shit up and try again but nah, I'll just complain a lot.

Funny thing is, I'll complain about j.S cross up footdive and people will just tell me to learn to block, so how about everyone do the same when they get Zero'd? But nah, let's complain.

I've never played jam against a Morridoom player so I can't say shit on that subject but without jam. It's free as fuck for Morridoom

If you see buster charged and you block lighting, expect the zero player to let go of buster, it's obvious cause it makes him safe. Just try to get zero before he gets level 3 buster again. It's doable, it's not insane as some people say it is.

Trust me I'm one of the few people that doesn't want to see him nerfed in any way besides the lighting being soft knockdown. That shit is beyond stupid.

And I agree with you about learning what to do against him. It's the primary reason I started using him. It's the reason I play so many characters. I like knowing my matchups. But it doesn't change the fact that Zero is close to impossible to block because of his 482570740 mixups. Not to mention that a number of his mixups are impossible to react to.

GGs Slasher. My Hulk/Wright combo still needs work but I think I did okay, lol.

I think you were doing what you where supposed to be doing with those characters. Man when I get hit by those Wright combo's do I ever rage. Everytime it's always "Why did I get hit by that...I do that" lol. Your Nova is super legit though, he was giving me a lot of trouble. Also I hate how long and boring impact palm combo's last. GGs.

FSLink

Banned
I think you were doing what you where supposed to be doing with those characters. Man when I get hit by those Wright combo's do I ever rage. Everytime it's always "Why did I get hit by that...I do that" lol. Your Nova is super legit though, he was giving me a lot of trouble. Also I hate how long and boring impact palm combo's last. GGs.
I groaned everytime I got XF3 Wesker'd but at least I started snapping him in lol And yeah I felt the same about your Wright.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";94511038]You mean in terms of connection speed?[/QUOTE]
I mean actual match results. You both have similar win/loss records against me.

Ghazi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";94518598]Looks like I won.[/QUOTE]

:(

Give my ISP a break, we had a tornado last night.

Yeah, John, sorry about the lag, I know it's hard to play with :/

Has anyone checked out this Chris video guide? I don't really like listening to Darchon's voice, but his videos are usually pretty great.

Finally got around to watching this. Good info for people that don't play Chris or for people that want to know what to look out for against Chris.

I knew most of the stuff in the vid but it did clear up some questions I had about why fire grenades and land mines work the way they do. I know nothing about durability points so at least now I know why Viper can't ex thunder knuckle through it.

The video did give me some good ideas for dealing with Doom and Trish though. Shit I never thought of.

I think I'm done with online play for the night, hopefully Charter gets everything on their end fixed so tomorrow's smooth. GGs, I had fun.

You would've won almost all of them if it was for Vergil's bs :/

Also, I hate Jill mirror matches lol.

Yeah, GGs, brosky.

Yea, it's Vergil, but I gotta deal. Everyone has to deal. lol

What? You don't like crossing yourself up while trying to cross-up to the other person with all these dashes? :Kappa:

And is the fellow if the Doctorate in Beef still around? In the mood to play now lol

Yeah, GGs, brosky.

Yea, it's Vergil, but I gotta deal. Everyone has to deal. lol

What? You don't like crossing yourself up while trying to cross-up to the other person with all these dashes? :Kappa:

And is the fellow if the Doctorate in Beef still around? In the mood to play now lol

Yeah sure, signing on now. Adding you in a minute.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Oh, you can reset your win/loss record in the options. That's just about the stupidest goddamn thing I've ever heard of. No wonder so many people with few played games are good.

shaowebb

You guys missed a great random vs random series on Max's channel just now. He'd do matches with dudes on stream and gave priority to subscribers. He kept getting Arthur and Strange. Had fun trolling him as he struggled to use Jill yelling "You did a tutorial on this character!". Things got really hilarious when he ran a set with trufenix who had a ZERO BAR connection.

Top Bottom