• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Ghazi

Question: So, I'm giving Magneto a shot because I have execution problems with Vergil (sarcasm, though I do have execution problems with Vergil) and a friend told me to start with something simple and easy like Magneto fly/unfly loops and Magneto roms (I don't even know what that stands for). I've got it down a little, and I'm trying the roms and I have an issue where after the first pair of Hs and then I dash to the ground, I'm still in fly mode and I can't dash up to hit the opponent with another H, what should I do? I'll maybe link a video of what I'm doing soon.

GGs, dude! Getting burnt out in a long session can happen. At the very least, you learned certain match ups during random battles. You might be dropping things because of a combination of lag and anxiousness.
I had fun with our Random All stuff though, very funny. Yeah, I feel like I have a better understanding of some of the matchups now and how to play against certain characters.
Hey Ghazi, if you ever want to play more casual sets I'm always up for it. I like experimenting with new teams.

Also I'll play Random Select matches anytime!
Definitely, I'm just starting to try new people out as well so random select will be an even more viable option for me to have fun with as well.
#Goddamn!
It happens man. Sometimes I'll be playing so much that I can't do simple shit anymore. Play me if you wanna play more casual. I have plenty of teams I wanna try out that probably won't cause you too much of a headache. It'll be good learning for both of us.
Sure, we should play some time! Send me a friend request on either platform, as I'm under the name "Ghazzarro". Sounds fun!

Frantic

any tricks for getting crazy dance to hard knockdown every time?
Do you mean Sky Dance? Crazy Dance doesn't have any way to get a hard knockdown outside of DHC glitch. For Sky Dance, the most common way to get the hard knockdown is for the character to be above and behind Dante's head as the swords connect. It's a guaranteed hard knockdown in that situation. It's slightly harder if you're hitting them with the front part, as it can be character/spacing/weight specific in some situations. But, one thing I find is that if the character is higher in the air, the last hit is more likely to whiff for the hard knockdown, so the higher the characters is when connecting a Prop Shredder(as an example), the higher the chance of getting the hardknockdown. You'll have to adjust the height at which you hit a character depending on their size: hit closer towards a character's feet if they're larger, and higher up if they're smaller.

That's about all I know when it comes to Sky Dance hardknockdowns, anyways. I'm sure there's a way to get it every time in every situation against every character, but I haven't figured that out.

Sure, we should play some time! Send me a friend request on either platform, as I'm under the name "Ghazzarro". Sounds fun!
I still haven't gotten my 360 copy back, so psn it is. But I'm still unfamiliar with PSN so you should send me the request. It took me forever to figure out how to accept game invites and friend requests.

PSN - EyelessOrphan

Ghazi

I still haven't gotten my 360 copy back, so psn it is. But I'm still unfamiliar with PSN so you should send me the request. It took me forever to figure out how to accept game invites and friend requests.

PSN - EyelessOrphan
It was confusing at first for me as well, I think I've figured it out so I'll send you one when I go inside later.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Merry Christmas IntelliHeath!
I'm looking forward to getting back into Smash Bros when Smash Bros 4 comes out.
Maybe we can play online if Nintendo does a good job on the netcode!

Thanks. Same here. I really hope that they would pull it off with netcode but i'm concerned since some people complained about Wii Sport Club networks. I think Namco-Bandai helped them with that game right?

Merry Christmas Intelliheath!

I think almost all of us here are Smash fans. I really, really hope Samus is more like her melee self.

Thank you! Yeah, I saw some of you at other thread! Same here. I really like to play as Samus in Melee. I'm not sure what is your opinion about Project Melee, but she kick ass in Project Melee since her ice weapon were powerful. Here is a mug of hot chocolate for Samus getting better for SSB4.

Question: So, I'm giving Magneto a shot because I have execution problems with Vergil (sarcasm, though I do have execution problems with Vergil) and a friend told me to start with something simple and easy like Magneto fly/unfly loops and Magneto roms (I don't even know what that stands for). I've got it down a little, and I'm trying the roms and I have an issue where after the first pair of Hs and then I dash to the ground, I'm still in fly mode and I can't dash up to hit the opponent with another H, what should I do? I'll maybe link a video of what I'm doing soon.

Magneto is much, much more execution-intensive than Vergil.

Thanks. Same here. I really hope that they would pull it off with netcode but i'm concerned since some people complained about Wii Sport Club networks. I think Namco-Bandai helped them with that game right?

Thank you! Yeah, I saw some of you at other thread! Same here. I really like to play as Samus in Melee. I'm not sure what is your opinion about Project Melee, but she kick ass in Project Melee since her ice weapon were powerful. Here is a mug of hot chocolate for Samus getting better for SSB4.
My big problem with Brawl Samus was that her bombs no longer exploded on impact. I know that is technically closer to canon, but it sucked for her gameplay. I loved trolling and mindgaming people with those.

Ghazi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";94731658]Magneto is much, much more execution-intensive than Vergil.[/QUOTE]

I know, which is why I'm playing him. He's at least top 3, execution dependent wise. The "execution problems with Vergil" part was sarcasm.

Complete and utter gaps in logic are going to be how I play this game, going forward. :)

GGs beef. I always try to have some different teams whenever we play... Unfortunately I never remember what teams I used the last time we played.

Sentinel is so free to raccoon.

GGs beef. I always try to have some different teams whenever we play... Unfortunately I never remember what teams I used the last time we played.

Sentinel is so free to raccoon.

Just now got home, sorry I'm late to respond to this. GGs to you as well. That lag was kinda bad at the beginning, but it eventually calmed itself down.

And Sentinel might be free to RR, but MY RR is free to everyone lol. I played a ranked match after ours since I got another 5 minutes before my family and I had to leave, and I swear this guy I played had no idea how to fight anchor Ryu with his Level 3 XF Vergil. It eventually came down to both of us full-screen away from each other, with me chucking fireballs and him not knowing how to stop it. He eventually decided to superjump over to me and Helm Breaker down, but he didn't know that Shoryuken beats Helm Breaker free. It ended up costing him the game, even!

Just now got home, sorry I'm late to respond to this. GGs to you as well. That lag was kinda bad at the beginning, but it eventually calmed itself down.

And Sentinel might be free to RR, but MY RR is free to everyone lol. I played a ranked match after ours since I got another 5 minutes before my family and I had to leave, and I swear this guy I played had no idea how to fight anchor Ryu with his Level 3 XF Vergil. It eventually came down to both of us full-screen away from each other, with me chucking fireballs and him not knowing how to stop it. He eventually decided to superjump over to me and Helm Breaker down, but he didn't know that Shoryuken beats Helm Breaker free. It ended up costing him the game, even!

Haha...people get nervous around those anchors you don't see often. I was fighting someone using X-23 as their anchor and I was losing my fucking mind.

And yeah normally our lag isn't that bad, but it was pretty atrocious at the beginning. Trying to do anything with Spidey or Dante was laughable. Might be because PSN has been shit all day.....dunno. I might wait until Saturday to play again....I couldn't even get on my PS4 earlier. And Steam was broken all day. And the fucking e-shop was down. Fuck Christmas. At least xbl was working smoothly. Thank you MS gods.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My big problem with Brawl Samus was that her bombs no longer exploded on impact. I know that is technically closer to canon, but it sucked for her gameplay. I loved trolling and mindgaming people with those.

Hmm, yeah. I guess we wouldn't know until we have the games in our hands.

Ghazi

I'm streaming, although I don't know for how long. I'll be in training warming up for 10 minutes, then going to go to player matches, if anyone wants to watch (for fun).

I'll stream later, parents yelling at me :/

e: Someone was telling me to use Tornado Claw to punish Strider's Wall Cling. Can't Strider block during Wall Cling?

Vice

I'm streaming, although I don't know for how long. I'll be in training warming up for 10 minutes, then going to go to player matches, if anyone wants to watch (for fun).

I'll stream later, parents yelling at me :/

e: Someone was telling me to use Tornado Claw to punish Strider's Wall Cling. Can't Strider block during Wall Cling?

That was me. During wall cling Strider can't block. You can even just jump and throw him.

Hopping on now.

edit: maybe psn having issues?

Haha are we taking each other's invites or is PSN going crazy? Send again and I'll take yours.

Edit: It didn't work again. Want to try once more? If it doesn't work then I don't think this is going to happen right now :(

Edit: Didnt work again.

Ghazi

Thanks guys. That's good to know that it's easily punishable. I always thought that he could block during it and that it was bs because you couldn't cross him up or anything. Thanks for the advice during stream, as well, Vice. I usually just record the matches, but I streamed once the other day and had like 3 or 4 people giving advice while I played. I learned more in those couple of hours than I had in the past week. I'm starting to like this streaming thing haha.

It's completely down? Obviously it couldn't handle the 20GB Marvel patch that removes every character's hurt box from the game and adds Magneto's alt.

I play with Magneto's alt every now and then on 360 while I'm training. Too bad I can't do it online....or at least I don't think I can.

It is an awesome alt though.

Ghazi

I play with Magneto's alt every now and then on 360 while I'm training. Too bad I can't do it online....or at least I don't think I can.

It is an awesome alt though.
Goddamnit Spain, why did you have to be so sensitive. Even worse is that the King of Spain wouldn't even be wearing the same clothes as a top tier character, he'd be goddamn Magneto. Who wouldn't want to be recognized as Magneto.

If he let that costume go through, he could've been walking down the streets and his citizens would be like "OMG YOU'RE THAT TOP TIER MAGNETO GUY COULD YOU DO SOME FLY/UNFLY LOOPS AND SOME ROMS FOR US, MAYBE YOUR TAC INFINITE ON THESE HEATHENS"

Sad, missed opportunity.

Don't know if anyone cares but, here's a Phoenix Tutorial video of everything a phoenix should at least be doing

Wish he didn't have the meters to max for some of the combos while she was already dark. Would've liked to know how much meter some of those combo built.

I need to look up more Phoenix stuff. She's one of the few characters I don't play, so it would be very useful if I knew what to look for.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Ono has said in an interview that he has unannounced titles planned for 2014. It may be foolish to be holding out hope but I don't think I'll ever stop hoping for an update lol.

Ono has said in an interview that he has unannounced titles planned for 2014. It may be foolish to be holding out hope but I don't think I'll ever stop hoping for an update lol.
iOS games until proven otherwise. This is a company that destroyed three beloved franchises in one generation. Have no hope.

Top Bottom