• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
Question: So, I'm giving Magneto a shot because I have execution problems with Vergil (sarcasm, though I do have execution problems with Vergil) and a friend told me to start with something simple and easy like Magneto fly/unfly loops and Magneto roms (I don't even know what that stands for). I've got it down a little, and I'm trying the roms and I have an issue where after the first pair of Hs and then I dash to the ground, I'm still in fly mode and I can't dash up to hit the opponent with another H, what should I do? I'll maybe link a video of what I'm doing soon.

You're not in flight mode at all when you're doing the ROM.

After the launch, you have to do [super jump up forward j.H, air dash down forward j.H] x n

No one really goes for this combo anymore because it's too easy to mess up during a match. A lot of people tend to get tiger knee disruptor after launch because of rolling inputs.

onionfrog

iOS games until proven otherwise. This is a company that destroyed three beloved franchises in one generation. Have no hope.
I'm guessing the 3 are:
1. Megaman
2. Breath of Fire
3. Resident Evil

I'd love to see capcom make something with 3 on 3 fighting using the existing Marvel 3 engine...
I'm not getting my hopes up for anything though.
If nothing else, USF4 should be fun.

I'm guessing the 3 are:
1. Megaman
2. Breath of Fire
3. Resident Evil

I'd love to see capcom make something with 3 on 3 fighting using the existing Marvel 3 engine...
I'm not getting my hopes up for anything though.
If nothing else, USF4 should be fun.
I was thinking DMC instead of RE.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";94974370]RE6 is better than REmake. Come at me.[/QUOTE]
No worries, Beef.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ono has said in an interview that he has unannounced titles planned for 2014. It may be foolish to be holding out hope but I don't think I'll ever stop hoping for an update lol.
Source? I presume he's talking AA-AAA titles too.

One of them has to be a Resident Evil, which is a given. And I don't think they've announced fighting games less than 3/4 of a year before release, have they?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think that Ono would be involved in a RE game, would he?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...4-capcom-producer-talks-new-years-resolution/
Oh I remember this.

Ono is involved in everything now. As you've seen, recently he's been showing up to different general Capcom events because he no longer helms just the fighting game division at Capcom, he got promoted earlier this year and now assumes the responsibilities of Deputy Head of Consumer Games R&D Division.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Oh I remember this.

Ono is involved in everything now. As you've seen, recently he's been showing up to different general Capcom events because he no longer helms just the fighting game division at Capcom, he got promoted earlier this year and now assumes the responsibilities of Deputy Head of Consumer Games R&D Division.

Oh I didn't know that.

It still seems a bit early for RE7. RE6 isn't that old... He did say a while back that Ultimate needed an update/patch/whatever, so ya never know.

Oh, I completely forgot about DMC to be honest.

And RE5/6 weren't that bad. DMC definitely deserves a spot in that list over RE.
I forgot about DmC until it was announced as a PS+ game for January. Which puts me in an odd position. Do I play it, as my first DMC game ever?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Did you all see the horrible things they did to Nina in BoF6? She looks like some crap from a Tales or Compile Heart game.

Yeah, I wish that they didn't use Breath of Fire title. It don't even look like Breath of Fire at all. They only borrow one element from BoF2 but that's it.

Dahbomb

DmC works fine as your first DMC game. Its straightforward and simple enough with enough tools to let you swag out to make you look like a bad ass.

Then the training wheels will be taken off when you play DMC3/DMC4.

And yea the Breath of Fire thing is kinda ridiculous but to be expected. Not just the artstyle but the mechanics sound awful too. Crapcom not giving a flying fuck anymore.

DmC works fine as your first DMC game. Its straightforward and simple enough with enough tools to let you swag out to make you look like a bad ass.

Then the training wheels will be taken off when you play DMC3/DMC4.

And then you save DMC1 for last because it's the best and most difficult DMC.

Ghazi

You're not in flight mode at all when you're doing the ROM.

After the launch, you have to do [super jump up forward j.H, air dash down forward j.H] x n

No one really goes for this combo anymore because it's too easy to mess up during a match. A lot of people tend to get tiger knee disruptor after launch because of rolling inputs.

Thanks, I had no idea. The Magneto (and other threads) on SRK seem to be outdated as hell, so I can't get help there :/

I could see that, the Disruptor rolling inputs. Unfortunately for me that won't be a problem for me after I learn the combo because I usually go back to neutral position on my stick for single direction inputs. So what I would do is dash down forward (with M+H) and then go to neutral and do airdash up forward.

It's a nasty habit, but I can't think of any issues it causes me aside from a few random exceptions.

Marz

Capcom did alright this gen imo. MvC3 is amazing, SF4 is amazing, they gave a lot of older beloved titles either a re-release or a revival such as Duck tales, Mega Man 9&10, 3rd Strike, SF2 Turbo etc. RE 5&6 are both decent games. Revelations is a great game. DMC is a good game, fans just like to bitch.

Their major missteps were SFxTekken and Operation Raccoon City.

Hell they even localized Monster Hunter and brought back Bionic Commando. What more could you ask for?

FSLink

Banned
A lot of those examples you stated were early on this gen and ignores stuff like the MML3 situation. :p They started off great, but they didn't keep it up.

Also the UMvC3 matches were finally uploaded to the Capcom Fighters Youtube page, just stating it because I know some people were paranoid about them not being allowed to.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hell they even localized Monster Hunter and brought back Bionic Commando. What more could you ask for?

Really?

As stated earlier, a lot of the less debatable things you listed were from very early in this generation. Capcom was once known as Capgod this gen, before they turned into Crapcom.

FSLink

Banned
Is there a consensus on Haggar's best team (when he's on point)?

Trying out Haggar/Doom (missiles)/Hawkeye and it does okay (pretty miserable team super damage though). Haggar/Dorm/Doom seems a bit better but not sure how much more optimized he can be. Dante and Chris give him great THCs, and Tatsu assist or any beam/arrow assist is great for helping him get in.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea of Haggar/Chris/Strider

Trying out Haggar/Doom (missiles)/Hawkeye and it does okay (pretty miserable team super damage though). Haggar/Dorm/Doom seems a bit better but not sure how much more optimized he can be. Dante and Chris give him great THCs, and Tatsu assist or any beam/arrow assist is great for helping him get in.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea of Haggar/Chris/Strider

I recommend just not playing Haggar......ever.

I fucking hate that guy SO SO SO SO much.

FSLink

Banned
I recommend just not playing Haggar......ever.

I fucking hate that guy SO SO SO SO much.

lol
Exactly why I want to play him more often, a lot of people really don't know how to play against him or get frustrated at the matchup. Plus a friend of mine uses him as well, so I want to help him develop his Haggar game.

Capcom did alright this gen imo. MvC3 is amazing, SF4 is amazing, they gave a lot of older beloved titles either a re-release or a revival such as Duck tales, Mega Man 9&10, 3rd Strike, SF2 Turbo etc. RE 5&6 are both decent games. Revelations is a great game. DMC is a good game, fans just like to bitch.

Their major missteps were SFxTekken and Operation Raccoon City.

IIRC, Nintendo helped with MH. MvC was half-baked, and UMvC was rushed. Rereleases of old games don't mean shit. Capcom makes the same kinds of decisions over and over. Quick, cheap cash. Street Fighter is their one gold star.

Ghazi

So, I'm done advancing guarding/push blocking, like forever. I always try to advancing guard at the wrong moments and get hit out of block. I usually block about 90% of incoming attacks, but get hit anyway even though I'm blocking.

So frustrating, because I actually do block.

I always complained to my friends that blocking in this game doesn't work, because I would constantly get hit by standing attacks while holding the opposite direction. Apparently I've been subconsciously attempting to preempt the push block inputs :/

Also, the guide says Jill's MGS has 2 frame recovery, but I get punished literally almost every time I use it if it whiffs or is blocked? How people do dis?

Dahbomb

Capcom didn't even make DmC, it was NT. Their decision to reboot DMC to begin with was a poor decision that they have to live by. NT made the best game they have ever made, Capcom just signed off on it.

FSLink

Banned
So, I'm done advancing guarding/push blocking, like forever. I always try to advancing guard at the wrong moments and get hit out of block. I usually block about 90% of incoming attacks, but get hit anyway even though I'm blocking.

I always complained to my friends that blocking in this game doesn't work, because I would constantly get hit by standing attacks while holding the opposite direction. Apparently I've been subconsciously attempting to preempt the push block inputs :/
Yeah, it's why staggering lights work so well against people. It's a habit you have to break, advance guarding when you shouldn't be. I tend to only advance guard beam supers or medium or heavy attacks only when I want some space.

Also, the guide says Jill's MGS has 2 frame recovery, but I get punished literally almost every time I use it if it whiffs or is blocked? How people do dis?
Not pushblocking will get you killed.

Re: Jill MGS. Check the frame advantage on block, not the recovery.

Whoa. Don't go lumping my opinions in with GB's. I wanted no part of RE6 ever since I saw the demo footage.
I meant more that you both post things just to upset people.

People might just be baiting you into pushblocking nothing. I try to do it as Sentinel constantly because otherwise it's a pain in the ass to try to open people up. It's also good to do against Morrigan since she has no ground dash. But you can't just give up on pushblocking....otherwise you're gonna lose...a lot.

EDIT: And don't sweat it too much, it happens to everyone. Whenever I try to advancing guard Captain America, it's like a fucking death sentence. I've learned to just sit there against him.

And are you trying to press buttons after Jill's machine gun? Are you getting grabbed?
Capcom didn't even make DmC, it was NT. Their decision to reboot DMC to begin with was a poor decision that they have to live by. NT made the best game they have ever made, Capcom just signed off on it.

I didn't know DmC was called Heavenly Sword

....Sorry I just have a huge boner for Anna Torv. I fucking loved that game.

Ghazi

Not pushblocking will get you killed.

Re: Jill MGS. Check the frame advantage on block, not the recovery.

I meant more that you both post things just to upset people.

-3, 3 goddamn frames. Everyone must be fucking superhuman. I'm not even getting punished with lights. Sometimes it is my fault (I muscle memory try to go to Feral Stance) other times I literally just hold down back to see what happens and I get hit. I can't think of a time it hasn't gotten punished though. I fuck up all the time and get punished for pushing buttons on hit as well. But, legit, I have gotten punished when not pressing any buttons, I just tried a random one on Kadey's stream and just held down back and got bodied for it.

People might just be baiting you into pushblocking nothing. I try to do it as Sentinel constantly because otherwise it's a pain in the ass to try to open people up. It's also good to do against Morrigan since she has no ground dash. But you can't just give up on pushblocking....otherwise you're gonna lose...a lot.

EDIT: And don't sweat it too much, it happens to everyone. Whenever I try to advancing guard Captain America, it's like a fucking death sentence. I've learned to just sit there against him.

And are you trying to press buttons after Jill's machine gun? Are you getting grabbed?

I don't think so, I just am awful at timing things in general. Like I said before, I do press buttons sometimes, but I frequently just get murdered for it.

Mostly because if I don't do anything following Machine Gun Spray I get opened on enemy wakeup. I'm pretty scared to do anything that involves the opponent rolling and recovering off it because I always get killed for it.

Marz

IIRC, Nintendo helped with MH. MvC was half-baked, and UMvC was rushed. Rereleases of old games don't mean shit. Capcom makes the same kinds of decisions over and over. Quick, cheap cash. Street Fighter is their one gold star.

You could have had no Marvel? I love the game, yea it could be better but at least we got one and its really good.

DMC4, Zack & Wiki, TvC, Dragons Dogma...bunch of PSN titles, they had more than one gold star.

smurfx

get some go again

haggar/chris is such a godly THC. soooo much freaking damage plus you can get a mixup after you are done.

-3, 3 goddamn frames. Everyone must be fucking superhuman. I'm not even getting punished with lights. Sometimes it is my fault (I muscle memory try to go to Feral Stance) other times I literally just hold down back to see what happens and I get hit. I can't think of a time it hasn't gotten punished though. I fuck up all the time and get punished for pushing buttons on hit as well. But, legit, I have gotten punished when not pressing any buttons, I just tried a random one on Kadey's stream and just held down back and got bodied for it.

I don't think so, I just am awful at timing things in general. Like I said before, I do press buttons sometimes, but I frequently just get murdered for it.

Mostly because if I don't do anything following Machine Gun Spray I get opened on enemy wakeup. I'm pretty scared to do anything that involves the opponent rolling and recovering off it because I always get killed for it.

Strange.....I'm rarely ever punished for it. Mess around with it in training mode. I may do so myself later and post my findings.

FSLink

Banned
haggar/chris is such a godly THC. soooo much freaking damage plus you can get a mixup after you are done.

Yeah, the damage is ridiculous.

Chris gets tons of use off of Haggar too, plus Strider complements them both well while being an excellent anchor. I mean I could always run Haggar/Doom/Vergil but at that point I might as well run Zero or Wolverine on point instead (which I do but on separate teams), and Haggar doesn't do much to help those two. Chris and Strider also help against zoning teams too.

Now to practice my XF3 Strider stuff.

onionfrog

Hey guys,
I've decided that I'm going to try a side team with Chun-Li.
So far I've just got basic combos with one or two OTG Stomp xx Lightning Legs xx Ex SBK extensions mixed in. (I know that I need to do IA Ex SBK's in order to have time to combo after them.)

I've been running Chun-Li(Lightning Legs)/Akuma(Tatsu)/Sentinel(Drones) and it seems to work pretty well. I think I might change the order to Chun-Li/Sentinel/Akuma so that I've got a safe way to DHC Chun-Li out... I might even try a Chun team with Strider on it since she can get full combos off of Varja. Perhaps Chun-Li/Dante/Strider? (Dante/Strider is always good!)

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on using Chun-Li?
Better yet, do we even have anyone here that plays as her?

Haggar/Chris/Sentinel was my og vanilla team. I don't think I lost during the first 2 weeks of release simply because of that damn pipe, and no one knew what to do about it.

I always think about picking Haggar back up, but I'll feel like a traitor to myself.

I also finally found my anti smurf team. Once I get my 360 copy back, I look forward to some matches. It's gonna be Modok/Dante/Shuma or Strider by the way. I really wish I could have Chris somewhere as he can handle Haggar and Hawkeye, but the problem with that is if Haggar wins that opening gambit then Chris is likely dead.
Did anybody care to play some matches?

Is psn finally done being shitty? Or are you on xbl?

FSLink

Banned
Seems like a solid enough Chun-Li team. I don't really use her much so I can't comment on how to better play her. Akuma assist is definitely a must, and I do agree that Sentinel/Akuma is a better team order for that team.

I considered Sentinel for the team too. And yeah, a lot of people don't know how to deal with pipe, haha.

I dunno. Let me check. Last time I played something online on PSN was a few days ago.

Christmas murdered psn. I just realized that even if it is working that I'm about to leave for work. My bad. I'll probably be on quite a bit tomorrow though (provided it's back up....seriously, Sony and Nintendo failed this holiday). In the meantime you can add me if you'd like

PSN - EyelessOrphan.

Top Bottom