• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

That feeling you get when you just bop niggas in ranked one after another... SHIT GETS ME GOING.

Also, Vergil has the hypest theme in the game, FREE. Shit just makes me wanna battle and battle and battle.
You finished DMC3 yet?

lol, what exactly is this plink dash OS? Is it just start of the round plink dash throw OS? Or just backwards plink dashes in general vs Wolverine? Either way, plink dash OS stuff is something that needs to become more mainstream. As is, I'm like the only person in the world to use start of the round plink dash throw OS.

I also stole all my plink dash OS stuff from gotnoskill. *shrug*
It was both but more of the latter.

What's you GFWL? Finally opened my ports so online is much better.
TibialChalice68.

Sigmaah

You finished DMC3 yet?

I can't as of now, my ps3's disk tray is broken so my brother was borrowing my friends ps3 and that's how I was able to play it, and he took it back not too long ago :( I'll try to get it again or I might get the collection for 360 just so I don't have to deal with that hassle (then I have to start over :/) Is dmc3 for pc? I could get it for that if it's on pc.

Vice

I can't as of now, my ps3's disk tray is broken so my brother was borrowing my friends ps3 and that's how I was able to play it, and he took it back not too long ago :( I'll try to get it again or I might get the collection for 360 just so I don't have to deal with that hassle (then I have to start over :/) Is dmc3 for pc? I could get it for that if it's on pc.

It's on PC.

Dahbomb

Its on PC Steam but the port is pretty bad (still playable). You need a work around to make your controller properly work for it.

Recommended to just get HD collection for 360 and buy DMC4 for PC. I mean both should be below $10.

Sigmaah

Its on PC Steam but the port is pretty bad (still playable). You need a work around to make your controller properly work for it.

Recommended to just get HD collection for 360 and buy DMC4 for PC. I mean both should be below $10.

Hd collection is 25 bucks! Fuck that shit! that's too much! Lmao. I'll cop it when I get paid Thursday.

I got dmc4 for pc UaK.

onionfrog

Hd collection is 25 bucks! Fuck that shit! that's too much! Lmao. I'll cop it when I get paid Thursday.

I got dmc4 for pc UaK.
Where are you looking?
Both new and used copies are $25 at gamestop, but its only $16 brand.new on amazon. (Assuming you are in the US)

I've got a copy and I need to play through it. I've only ever played the first DMC back on PS2.
Dahbomb, should I even bother playing DMC2, or should I just replay 1 and then play 3?

Dahbomb

Skip DMC2. I mean at least play DMC3 before playing DMC2.

I would probably just go into DMC3 first if you have already played DMC1. Like you would appreciate the story in DMC1 slightly more although it would be a step down in terms of the combat.

Pretty sure I have seen the HD collection for under $10 at some places. $25 is a rip off for sure but below $15 is common.

TWILT

Banned
Yeah GGs. I was playing kinda sloppy today, but twas fun as always.

Yeah, Vergil bailed me out on a lot of situations. Always try so hard to quickly get the swords up (the times where I accidently got Dimension Slash were depressing...)

onionfrog

lol, just got to work on those combos.
My execution is awesome! I drop buktooth loops midscreen!
Meanwhile, I hadn't played Marvel since last weekend and it was on stick, so I was awful with all my inputs.
I know that feeling. I decided to abandon stick and continue playing on pad.
So did you end up getting your stick dual modded? I know you had mentioned wanting to do that before.

But I need more power....
w5ShC.jpg

So, is anyone up for playing on PS3 (no more Gold, sorry XBL guys) later after Space Dandy is over? I haven't really played online in forever.

Ghazi

My execution is awesome! I drop buktooth loops midscreen!
You were getting some pretty ridiculous conversions with Hsien-Ko. Maybe it was because you were getting hits at odd angles, but I recall me falling out of a lot of Doom stuff. But yeah, those "bucktooth" loops are kind hard.
I know that feeling. I decided to abandon stick and continue playing on pad.
I totally understand that, but after spending a lot of time breaking my stick in, I can't play without it.
So did you end up getting your stick dual modded? I know you had mentioned wanting to do that before.

I had the opportunity to do so at Kumite in Tennessee, the tournament that's happening now that I was going to go to.

I changed my mind and didn't go. I regret it now, all the "famous" players are there as well, too bad there probably won't be another major close by for a long time now.

What I would've given to shake hands with Justin Wong
LLShC.gif

FSLink

Banned
Hopping on now!

Gimme like 10 and I'll be on!

Good games man, those Zero mirrors were so dumb, I couldn't tell if it was lag or just typical Zero bullshit normals that made us get hit by each other, haha. They were fun though. I hoped you enjoyed my other teams too. Unfortunately team Nemo couldn't do as much as I wanted it to, FoF loops too difficult online, but I managed to pull a few things. I really enjoyed fighting your Zero teams and that Wesker team.

Sigmaah

Good games man, those Zero mirrors were so dumb, I couldn't tell if it was lag or just typical Zero bullshit normals that made us get hit by each other, haha. They were fun though. I hoped you enjoyed my other teams too. Unfortunately team Nemo couldn't do as much as I wanted it to, FoF loops too difficult online, but I managed to pull a few things. I really enjoyed fighting your Zero teams and that Wesker team.

Haha all my zero teams besides Akuma/Vergil are bad. I still gotta learn how to use them properly lol. I loved playing zero mirrors but it was also hell as well lol. Pretty sure lag was there but it was also zero bullshit as well. That wright team is dope as hell! Bolts are ridiculous lmao. We can play more when I get back in an hour if you're still on.

I'm still craving the marvel

Zissou

Did ok at the tournament, but ended up losing to Emumaki. I have a question though- if you end up blocking Vergil on the ground, is an unblockable guaranteed with Nova's overhead assist? I got bopped by it a couple times today. I know the best thing to do is to avoid it entirely, but you'll end up having to block something sooner or later. Is xf guard cancel my only option?

Vice

Did ok at the tournament, but ended up losing to Emumaki. I have a question though- if you end up blocking Vergil on the ground, is an unblockable guaranteed with Nova's overhead assist? I got bopped by it a couple times today. I know the best thing to do is to avoid it entirely, but you'll end up having to block something sooner or later. Is xf guard cancel my only option?

One you're in blockstun against Vergil on the ground an overhead assist is a guaranteed unblockable if the timing is correct. Roundtrip and swords set it up best.

FSLink

Banned
Haha all my zero teams besides Akuma/Vergil are bad. I still gotta learn how to use them properly lol. I loved playing zero mirrors but it was also hell as well lol. Pretty sure lag was there but it was also zero bullshit as well. That wright team is dope as hell! Bolts are ridiculous lmao. We can play more when I get back in an hour if you're still on.

I'm still craving the marvel

Sorry, had to go, but we can play more later tonight. And thanks. My Hulk/Sent/Haggar team is pretty new, and I think I did okay with it, but most of the time I just get bopped by Vergil. They're pretty free to him outside of XF killing with Lariat. Gotta work on my incoming mixups against Vergil with Haggar.

Ghazi

So, I've been going through a lot of fan made UMvC3 art and official, to find some art for my stick.

After going through hundreds of images I've settled on this:

I like it, simple, lots of characters, not too much gets covered by the stick and buttons iirc either so it's a win-win.

What do you guys think? I really did like some of that artwork that was linked earlier when we were talking about covers. Especially the one:
What do some of you have on your sticks, those who have one?

I really, really wanted something specifically with Jill's artwork from MvC3, but I could never find anything clean and high res enough. This was the only thing I could find, but I don't really like it enough to put it on the stick.

Zissou

One you're in blockstun against Vergil on the ground an overhead assist is a guaranteed unblockable if the timing is correct. Roundtrip and swords set it up best.

Thanks. Guess I need to x-factor guard cancel if I end up in that situation.

Man I wish Shuma's H was an assist.

Doom players...is it possible to convert off of a forward grab from sj height. If so, how? Cause I can't do it for shit.

I thought you could addf (whiff a jump normal) and do a single tri-dash or something. I'll mess around in training mode today and see if I can find anything that works.

Vice

What happens if you pushblock?

It depends. If it's something like. Roundtrip, call assist then teleport into a low attack you won't have time to push block.

If you pushblock Vergi'sl low, if it's timed correctly you'll probably still get hit by the overhead assist and Vergil may have enough reach to convert.

The optimal situation is to call the assist then teleport so that even if the opponent push blocks Nova will hit and push them toward Vergil.

JeTmAn81

A friend of mine with a niconico premium account kindly re-streamed my on-stream match from the tourney: http://www.twitch.tv/gazpalmer/b/498499253

I welcome any and all advice!

First thought: Maybe it would be better to start Dante against Nova. I believe he's a much better matchup than is Doom. With normal jump height j.M/j.H cancelled into Air Play backed up by Doom's Plasma Beam you should be able to shut down Nova's typical offense.

A friend of mine with a niconico premium account kindly re-streamed my on-stream match from the tourney: http://www.twitch.tv/gazpalmer/b/498499253

I welcome any and all advice!

I watched it all and you surely didn't get bodied at all. I thought it was pretty even all through out. It's a shame you couldn't get that Strider X-Factor slide happy birthday though.

I was at Ohayocon on Sat and signed up for the UMvC3 tourney. It turned into a 32 man bracket when it was all said and done. It was frustrating though cause I know I could have won it but lost in the last round. There was only one other guy who I thought could take me out and in the end I just barely lost to him and he won the whole thing. Such a shame as I had a pretty good win streak against him in casuals but blew it during the tourney. Oh well, at least I had the crowd. :}

JeTmAn81

I watched it all and you surely didn't get bodied at all. I thought it was pretty even all through out. It's a shame you couldn't get that Strider X-Factor slide happy birthday though.

I was at Ohayocon on Sat and signed up for the UMvC3 tourney. It turned into a 32 man bracket when it was all said and done. It was frustrating though cause I know I could have won it but lost in the last round. There was only one other guy who I thought could take me out and in the end I just barely lost to him and he won the whole thing. Such a shame as I had a pretty good win streak against him in casuals but blew it during the tourney. Oh well, at least I had the crowd. :}

I'm sure everybody was getting hype for some Naruhodo-kun. I know I always do. Unless I'm playing you myself, then I seethe with impotent rage.

Zissou

First thought: Maybe it would be better to start Dante against Nova. I believe he's a much better matchup than is Doom. With normal jump height j.M/j.H cancelled into Air Play backed up by Doom's Plasma Beam you should be able to shut down Nova's typical offense.

Yeah- there are a number of match-ups where it's probably best to start Dante instead of Doom. I'm working to upgrade my Dante from ass(ist) tier to a proper character, but I'm not comfortable enough with it yet, so I went with what I know for the tournament. I don't mind fighting Nova with Doom though- I was mad at myself for dropping the combo off the 99 second throw (stream kind of stuttered so you don't see it) and then later I drop an air-to-air confirm. I need to be more solid/consistent.

The biggest benefit of playing Wright- people will have your back 100% of the time, haha.

Zissou

What's the cut-off/definition for "absurd" damage? I propose- does over one million damage off of realistic confirms (non optimal confirm, throw, etc.) in a meter neutral/positive fashion when properly assisted. TAC stuff has to be exempted from this, I suppose. Who fits the criteria? Hulk, Spencer, Zero, Strange, Doom, Shuma (in the corner), Chris, Spider-man...?

Top Bottom