• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

I want to give my thoughts on the tier list discussion but I want to do so after I have seen the whole archives. Unfortunately they upload at such a high quality that it takes take like 2 minutes just to load like 10 seconds make it damn near unwatchable for me. Hopefully someone uploads it on Youtube.

There were a lot of interesting comments stated including what they believe are the top 5 teams in the game:

Morrigan/Doom/Vergil (best team in the game)
Zero/Dante/Vergil
Magneto/Doom/Vergil
Wolverine/Doom/Vergil
Morrigan/Doom/Strider

According to FChamp, ChrisG thinks that Morrigan/Doom/Strider is the best Morrigan team in the game. FChamp says that it might be the best Morrigan team but it's not the best team in the game because it doesn't have Doom/Vergil.

This reminds me of a discussion long time ago around here. We were talking about best Wolverine teams and a lot of valid Wolverine combinations were brought up.. stuff like Wolverine/Dante/Akuma or some Wolverine/Shuma combinations. I will say again what I said before... Wolverine/Doom/Vergil may not be the best team that leverages Wolverine's strengths and covers his weaknesses but it's the best overall team that features Wolverine.

This is simply the power of Doom/Vergil where they over power the need for synergies and covering up weaknesses with good team construction.

Blackage

Yipes and FChamp break down the best shells in Marvel 3

29_umvc3shelltiersfull.jpg

You know that makes me wonder if figuring out Marvel teams just requires taking 2 shells and combining them together, while of course you have the top tier shell, Doom/Vergil which can literally go with the entire rooster, you have other shells that don't work as well.

Champ for instance was like "Dorm/Doom is too good" and we all know that Champ runs Dorm/Doom/Mags. Doom/Mags is another top Shell.

I just got the idea that combining 2 shells = a good team, and for the most part it follows.

Going from the top, we know Doom/Ver + Mor Doom = Mor/Doom/Ver, we know it works.

So what other teams can we make out of that?

Mor/Doom/Vergil
Mor/Doom/Magneto(We've seen Chris run this alt)
Mor/Doom/...Ammy? Nobody has though to run that lockdown assist on top of Morrigan soulfist yet
Mor/Doom/Dante? That could be fun.
Mor/Doom/Dorm? We know Champ used a variation with Phoenix and Morrigan building meter, but you can see how the team would work without Phoenix
Mor/Wolvie/Doom, put Wolvie on point, run the beam assist, if you can't get in call Morrigan to build meter. the concept is there(This is also the one that makes me think that shells should be broken further down to assists, but not completely required)

But let's just look at some other shells:

Dante shell combos:

Zero/Dante/Vergil = Zero/Dante + Dante/Vergil
Dante/Vergil/Strider, you can see how this one works, Zero is the more popular point for obvious reasons, I think Richard Nguyen ran this one upon a time @ TNR.
Dante/Vergil/Doom(Beam assist with the white boys is great for mix-ups)

I just started looking at Marvel in this way and I found some pretty interesting combos.

Phoenix Wright/Trish is a great shell for how they compliment each other, while we know Trish/Dante is a great shell, then you find a Phoenix Wright/Trish/Dante team, where you know if you lose PW you have Trish coming in for the easy/safe DHC into Dante, etc etc.

Did this occur to anybody else? Did anybody else just start thinking about combining and coming up with teams like this?

Dahbomb

Wolverine/Morrigan/Doom would not work because Wolverine needs Plasma Beam and Morrigan needs Hidden Missiles. While people see all these Doom teams they have to realize that many of them are fundamentally very different from other. Wolverine/Doom/Vergil is a completely different team than Morrigan/Doom/Vergil despite having 2 out of 3 characters being the exact same.

Morrigan/Dorm/Doom is certainly a legitimate team and one I feel that FChamp can definitely attempt (he definitely has practiced it and said it's a very good team). It's essentially a very powerful zoning team but of course any team that puts all its eggs in one basket is not the best team.

Morrigan/Doom/Ammy I have seen someone run it but I can't recall who. It's a solid team though... nothing really wrong with it to be honest it's just that Doom + Ammy wouldn't have a lot of meter to work with.

Dante/Vergil/Strider is basically what people want Yipes to be using as a counter team to Chris' team. It's a very solid team on paper but hardly anyone runs it.

Dante/Vergil/Doom is a team that on paper sounds excellent (it has Vergil/Doom it's hard for it to be bad). With Dante on the team all characters have a second assist to work with and it can be played in any order (even Doom point with Jam Session backing him up, that's a strong combo which is underrated). You can afford to play Vergil up the order on this team because of Doom Beam. I feel like while it has its strength it's still a bit worse than Dante/Vergil/Magneto because that EMD is way better for both the Sparda Bros especially for Dante because of its single hit. And IMO Magneto is a better anchor than Doom if you wish him play him at that spot.

If you want other great teams with Vergil/Doom:

Trish/Vergil/Doom (Missiles): Similar to Morrigan variant, Trish zones with Missiles can TAC into Doom or Vergil for SS. Vergil can do control style play with Missiles just like ChrisG does. Only problem with this is that Morrigan is just better at playing the zone game but this is most certainly a valid team.

Viewtiful Joe/Doom (Missiles) / Vergil : Same thing as Morrigan and Trish... zone with Missiles, keep them back with Rapid Slash. Lots of damage options for Viewtiful Joe with Doom TAC or Vergil SS.

MODOK/Doom (Missiles) / Vergil : Same as above really.

Wesker/ Doom (Plasma Beam) / Vergil : Not the best Wesker team IMO because the best Wesker team needs Strider in there somewhere but certainly one of the better Wesker teams easily.

Nova / Doom (Plasma Beam) / Vergil : This is a team that a lot of people in Japan have been using actually (Kazunoko, Eita even Bonchan were cited seeing it). It's basically like Mag/Doom/Vergil only easier to use. You can even use Missiles with this team but Plasma Beam is more optimal for Nova.

Vergil/Dorm/Doom (Missiles) : Slightly unorthodox team but still functional. Vergil takes the role of point to bring in Dorm safely (which leaves you with powerful Vergil + Doom control shell).

Zero/Doom (any assist) / Vergil : ENOUGH SAID!

Firebrand/Doom (Plasma Beam)/Vergil : Basically a viable Firebrand team because Firebrand has many big damage options (raw tag into Doom or TAC... Vergil SS combo). Beam plus Firebrand is still solid... can attempt to play with Missiles as well.

Spider Man/ Doom / Vergil : Already shown by Mamespider at EVO.

Doom/Vergil/Strider : Played by Clockwork already.

Hell FChamp was joking around that he can use Ghost Rider/Doom/Vergil and probably make it out of EVO pools with it!

paolo11

I saw your thread on gfaqs about this - catkiller904's advice is good. Doom's midscreen BnB is kind of tough to get used to, but Wolverine and Sentinel's basic stuff should be reasonably easy once you're comfortable with your controller.

I'm not going to profess to be an expert at the game, but Wolverine's basic gameplan is really simple - get close enough to do something silly. Using a horizontal assist (Plasma Beam is good for this) to cover Berserker Slash is a good way to close distance.

The other two characters you're thinking about might take some more effort. Sentinel's gigantic frame makes him vulnerable to stuff that doesn't work on other characters, and his HP is extremely low, so you'd want to keep people at a bit of a distance. Armored normals (st.M, cr.M, and S), j.M, and point projectiles (st.H, cr.H, qcb+x) can do that. If you can push them into the corner, being able to get big damage off a throw/command grab makes him a lot more dangerous.

I don't know enough about Doom, but lots of people here play him.

Yes, catkiller gave me great advice. I just want to gather more input/info and put it to practice.

This game is extremely competitive. I love it however like I said, fighting games are my downfall lol... I still love them though.

Can Wolverine combo thru dive kick or Berserker slash?

Sigmaah

Doom/Vergil is that good? Someone tell me why besides using doom to get Vergil in and using Vergil/Plasma or missiles. I don't see how it's that good. Probs cause it feels awkward for me to use lol

Dahbomb

Doom/Vergil is that good? Someone tell me why besides using doom to get Vergil in and using Vergil/Plasma or missiles. I don't see how it's that good. Probs cause it feels awkward for me to use lol
If we are just going to talk about the two as a duo to each other.

*Doom safely brings in Vergil from either the ground or the air (Photon Array air or ground into Spiral Swords or DT).

*Vergil can safely bring in Doom from either the ground or the air (Dimension slash hyper or Devil Trigger into Photon Array).

*Vergil can TAC into Doom for the infinite.

*Doom provides Vergil with Plasma Beam and Hidden Missiles. Both are two different forms of Vergil play. Plasma Beam is more rushdown Vergil while Hidden Missiles Vergil is more control/lockdown Vergil. Vergil + Hidden Missiles is a terror by itself.

*Doom can use Vergil's Rapid Slash to keep away or do stupid mix ups in the corner.

*Sphere Flame DHCs into Dimension Slash very easily.

*Air Photon Array DHCs into Spiral Sword for a full combo.

*Doom does not use any ground bounce or wall bounce combo so any combo into Spiral Sword is a full BnB for Vergil.

*Vergil's Lunar Phase leads into a ground bounce hard knockdown set up which he can use to raw tag into Doom for a full combo.

*While not as powerful as Doom + Ammy THC... Doom + Vergil THC is also very cheap because you can snipe someone from full screen with Doom on point with the THC and because Vergil's hyper leads into a hard knockdown Doom gets a full combo.

If we are to talk about what the duo brings to the team.

*Doom provides one of the most reliable TAC infinites to the team.

*Vergil provides the most powerful DHC option in the game with Spiral Swords in terms of damage and safety/pressure.

*Both Doom and Vergil provide safe DHC in from ANY position for any character (especially Doom).

*Doom provides 2 top tier assists and one great assist which are usable by a vast majority of characters.

*Vergil provides a very solid assist that many characters can either use as a corner mix up, a keep away move or a solid combo extender.

*Vergil himself is the BEST anchor in the game while Doom himself is the BEST support character in the game.

*Doom provides raw tag combos for pretty much any character that is able to set up one (Firebrand, Nova, Magneto after a corner throw etc).

The joke that FChamp and Yipes were making yesterday was that you could put random select character in front of Doom/Vergil and it would be a functional team.

Can Wolverine combo thru dive kick or Berserker slash?
Not sure what the question is.

Do you mean that Wolverine gets a combo after Dive Kick or Berserker Slash?

Wolverine always get a combo after a Dive Kick. He only gets combo after a Berserker Slash in the following situations:

*If he cancels Berserker Slash into Berserker Charge or if he's already in Berserker Charge mode
*If he uses particular assist combined with Berserker Slash.
*If he cancels Berserker Slash into X Factor or if he's already in XF.
*If he catches someone in an anti air float hit with Berserker Slash (hard to confirm but doable)

Lemstar

What I meant is let's say Wolvie dived kicked someone, is that instant combo chain?
On ground counterhit, divekick staggers, and on air-to-air hit, it ground bounces. Those are easy combos.

On grounded non-counterhit, link a light after landing. If the divekick connected too high, there might not be enough frame advantage to combo.

I think that's a sign I shouldn't be playing, Slasher. It sucks cause that team is fun and the matchup against you is always unique.

But yeah there's a fucking giant brush fire like a mile away from me and I probably should be evacuating..... Instead I chose to play Marvel

The hell is wrong with me?

paolo11

On ground counterhit, divekick staggers, and on air-to-air hit, it ground bounces. Those are easy combos.

On grounded non-counterhit, link a light after landing. If the divekick connected too high, there might not be enough frame advantage to combo.

Ah, thanks, brother man. :)

Good games The Mango Sentinel. I'm glad I'm still half way decent after not playing for so long. Man your Felicia was a monster!

That must some brush fire.

Yeah this is California. We don't fuck around with our fires and earthquakes.

I just wish Cali didn't insist on setting itself ablaze right by my house. I could barely breathe when I walked outside.

But yeah you are definitely still solid. When slow messed up that kill on Ammy, I couldn't stop laughing.

And that Gamma Quake dhc to Wesker's counter kinda tripped me out, because I was getting hit by the rocks and I recovered while you were still in animation, but you were invincible. Never seen that.

JohnPauliuk

Neo Member
Alright so I have narrowed down to 8 characters/assists to fit into my Ryu/x/Shuma team based on my play style and weaknesses. All the assists are Anti-Airs I'd like to hear your thoughts how how they would work with my team and and ideas you may have. I'm open to fresh ideas.

The characters with assists are:
Strider Y, Dante A, Trish A, Taskmaster Y, Hulk B, Doom B, Dorm B, and Hawkeye Y.

Dahbomb

Cool matches.

I don't understand why that Thor player has both Storm and Dorm on his team. I see Dorm synergy with Thor but Storm isn't really adding much to the team. I feel like if he just replaced Storm with Strange or Doom he would be much better off.

But hey it's online matches so you can just pick whatever you want to pick.

FSLink

Banned
Alright so I have narrowed down to 8 characters/assists to fit into my Ryu/x/Shuma team based on my play style and weaknesses. All the assists are Anti-Airs I'd like to hear your thoughts how how they would work with my team and and ideas you may have. I'm open to fresh ideas.

Strider Y, Dante A, Trish A, Taskmaster Y, Hulk B, Doom B, Dorm B, and Hawkeye Y.

Out of all of those, I'd say Dorm B or Hawkeye Y but I'm not a fan of any of those with Ryu. He has plenty of Anti-Air options so I don't feel he needs them.

JohnPauliuk

Neo Member
Out of all of those, I'd say Dorm B or Hawkeye Y but I'm not a fan of any of those with Ryu. He has plenty of Anti-Air options so I don't feel he needs them.

Well Ryu loses a lot to characters that can play keep away or are extremely mobile in the air. I really struggle with this. Any suggestions?

FSLink

Banned
Well Ryu loses a lot to characters that can play keep away or are extremely mobile in the air. I really struggle with this. Any suggestions?

Snipe their assists with Shinkuu Hadoken or wait for them to come to the ground, Ryu's not meant to go air to air with characters like Magneto. Doom missiles might work also but I don't feel Ryu's good at protecting missiles.

I pretty much swear by Dante A. I love it so much. And I think Ryu might be able to get some ok mixups from it and he can get easy confirms.

Dorm B could be interesting. You can probably get some extensions, but I don't really know much about the assist. I only use it with Thor, otherwise I usually use A.

Doom B is good for anyone. Not much explanation needed.

I really did Hawkeye Y, but that's because I use Iron Man and it works great for his zoning game. If you're quick you can get some confirms off of it since it causes soft knockdown. It also otg's if you can figure a way to use it.

Cool matches.

I don't understand why that Thor player has both Storm and Dorm on his team. I see Dorm synergy with Thor but Storm isn't really adding much to the team. I feel like if he just replaced Storm with Strange or Doom he would be much better off.

But hey it's online matches so you can just pick whatever you want to pick.

The only thing I do think he has storm on there is the Storm DHC, nothing else, He does have a Dr. Strange too, not sure about having Dr. Doom at all.

Because Thor's 1 Frame Command Grab Super into Storm Hail Storm is an amazing punish!

The only thing I do think he has storm on there is the Storm DHC, nothing else, He does have a Dr. Strange too, not sure about having Dr. Doom at all.

Because Thor's 1 Frame Command Grab Super into Storm Hail Storm is an amazing punish!

It is good, but you get a pretty damn good dhc with Strange, and Bolts is fantastic for Thor.

JohnPauliuk

Neo Member
Snipe their assists with Shinkuu Hadoken or wait for them to come to the ground, Ryu's not meant to go air to air with characters like Magneto. Doom missiles might work also but I don't feel Ryu's good at protecting missiles.

I'm just trying to cover Ryu's weakness by having that kind of assist for him. I know he is very ground based. If you can think of assists that stop keepaway I am very willing to learn that character.

Dahbomb

With Strange you can do Mighty Punish into SoV or 7 Rings for punishes.

You also have full combos off of Mighty Tornado with MT DHC into 7 Rings.

Thor is probably the next character who can break out at a major with.the right combination of player skill and proper team. It's just that no one has come up with an optimum 3rd character for him. Yea I know Ammy anchor, Doom anchor and Dante anchor exist for that duo but that hasn't been used at the highest level yet. Best Thor team used in tournaments has been Thor/Dorm/Doom but the guy using that team had a Dorm.that was much worse than FChamp..

Thor is probably the next character who can break out at a major with.the right combination of player skill and proper team. It's just that no one has come up with an optimum 3rd character for him. Yea I know Ammy anchor, Doom anchor and Dante anchor exist for that duo but that hasn't been used at the highest level yet. Best Thor team used in tournaments has been Thor/Dorm/Doom but the guy using that team had a Dorm.that was much worse than FChamp..

I do think that either Thor/Dorm/Doom, Thor/Strange/Doom or Thor/Strange/Ammy are the three best thor teams in the game. The last one is because the Strange/Ammy shell is awesome as hell, and the THC mixup is alot harder to block then the Doom/Ammy one. Here is a video showing off the Thor/Strange/Ammy stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryp8qvcbB8Q

I want to see this character to be more seen at the tournament scene, because I do think he is an awesome character design(Even thought WHY WE CANNOT THROW HIS HAMMER(AND WHY DOES HE HAVE TERRIBLE GROUND NORMALS) and lets not talk about Mighty Thunder at all!

Rocket Raccoon

Thor has the same problem as X-23, he's a mediocre character and his best support characters are mostly mediocre characters.

If we are just going to talk about the two as a duo to each other.

*Doom safely brings in Vergil from either the ground or the air (Photon Array air or ground into Spiral Swords or DT).

*Vergil can safely bring in Doom from either the ground or the air (Dimension slash hyper or Devil Trigger into Photon Array).

*Vergil can TAC into Doom for the infinite.

*Doom provides Vergil with Plasma Beam and Hidden Missiles. Both are two different forms of Vergil play. Plasma Beam is more rushdown Vergil while Hidden Missiles Vergil is more control/lockdown Vergil. Vergil + Hidden Missiles is a terror by itself.

*Doom can use Vergil's Rapid Slash to keep away or do stupid mix ups in the corner.

*Sphere Flame DHCs into Dimension Slash very easily.

*Air Photon Array DHCs into Spiral Sword for a full combo.

*Doom does not use any ground bounce or wall bounce combo so any combo into Spiral Sword is a full BnB for Vergil.

*Vergil's Lunar Phase leads into a ground bounce hard knockdown set up which he can use to raw tag into Doom for a full combo.

*While not as powerful as Doom + Ammy THC... Doom + Vergil THC is also very cheap because you can snipe someone from full screen with Doom on point with the THC and because Vergil's hyper leads into a hard knockdown Doom gets a full combo.

If we are to talk about what the duo brings to the team.

*Doom provides one of the most reliable TAC infinites to the team.

*Vergil provides the most powerful DHC option in the game with Spiral Swords in terms of damage and safety/pressure.

*Both Doom and Vergil provide safe DHC in from ANY position for any character (especially Doom).

*Doom provides 2 top tier assists and one great assist which are usable by a vast majority of characters.

*Vergil provides a very solid assist that many characters can either use as a corner mix up, a keep away move or a solid combo extender.

*Vergil himself is the BEST anchor in the game while Doom himself is the BEST support character in the game.

The joke that FChamp and Yipes were making yesterday was that you could put random select character in front of Doom/Vergil and it would be a functional team.

i had to highlight this again, because there's this guy on PSN named mahvelbaby who plays doom/vergil/strider that i've encountered multiple times. while his team may possibly not be in optimal order, doom + rapid slash (stupid corner mixups) + vajra is pretty damn annoying. if you don't have great mobility options against this team, it can get pretty rough. you can tell this guy is on autopilot mostly, but the sum of the parts can sometimes be too much to overcome.

JohnPauliuk

Neo Member
I have Shuma as my Anti Air but I can't seem to stop people from running away from me. This buy far is Ryu's greatest weakness. Perhaps I need an assist to make me super offensive?

So after much time in the lab I have found 3 assists I'm very fond of for my team. Dante Crystal, Tron Gunstaff, and Hsien-Ko Senpu Ko. Any thoughts? So far I'm leaning to Dante but you can do some cool things with Mystic Ray behind Hsien-Ko

Zissou

Yo fellow Dante/Strider shell playing brethren. How do you solve the damage output issues of this shell? Obviously, if you've got tons of meter, you can do damage fine, but if you do a normal Dante bnb and have around two bars at the end of the combo, you can only really do million dollars DHC into legion which does ass damage.

Aside from going for a straight up reset, what else can you do? I've been experimenting with double TACs- both Dante and Strider do terrible damage once scaling kicks in, but you can build a bunch of meter and at least end with a level 3 or something. Also, for the Strider TACs- I have found exactly zero info on youtube etc. for what you're supposed to do, so I've been figuring it out as I go. Like for a down TAC in the corner, the best I've got so far is j.L, j.M, j.M, double jump up fwd, j.M, j.H, qcf.H, j.S. Same thing works for up TACs, but side is weird. Anybody have something better for Strider TACs?

I was also wondering if you could do shenanigans with aerial exchange into Strider, do your Strider TAC combo, land, THC (legion + million dollars), and then do stuff depending on whether you've used your wall bounce/ground bounce yet. Thoughts?

I was just thinking about how log trap would be sick for MorriDoom. It's a great "get off me" type assist and it's wallbounce could lead to some ridiculous soulfist juggles.

I have Shuma as my Anti Air but I can't seem to stop people from running away from me. This buy far is Ryu's greatest weakness. Perhaps I need an assist to make me super offensive?

So after much time in the lab I have found 3 assists I'm very fond of for my team. Dante Crystal, Tron Gunstaff, and Hsien-Ko Senpu Ko. Any thoughts? So far I'm leaning to Dante but you can do some cool things with Mystic Ray behind Hsien-Ko
Remind me, are you PSN or XBL? If you are PSN, I can play you with my main team. I use Shuma-Gorath, and I can show you how I make use of Mystic Ray.

JohnPauliuk

Neo Member
Remind me, are you PSN or XBL? If you are PSN, I can play you with my main team. I use Shuma-Gorath, and I can show you how I make use of Mystic Ray.

I'm on PSN. You can add me if you like. I will play my team with Spidey as mid since I'm not confident in using the 3 characters whose assists I want to use.

Yo fellow Dante/Strider shell playing brethren. How do you solve the damage output issues of this shell? Obviously, if you've got tons of meter, you can do damage fine, but if you do a normal Dante bnb and have around two bars at the end of the combo, you can only really do million dollars DHC into legion which does ass damage.

Aside from going for a straight up reset, what else can you do? I've been experimenting with double TACs- both Dante and Strider do terrible damage once scaling kicks in, but you can build a bunch of meter and at least end with a level 3 or something. Also, for the Strider TACs- I have found exactly zero info on youtube etc. for what you're supposed to do, so I've been figuring it out as I go. Like for a down TAC in the corner, the best I've got so far is j.L, j.M, j.M, double jump up fwd, j.M, j.H, qcf.H, j.S. Same thing works for up TACs, but side is weird. Anybody have something better for Strider TACs?

I was also wondering if you could do shenanigans with aerial exchange into Strider, do your Strider TAC combo, land, THC (legion + million dollars), and then do stuff depending on whether you've used your wall bounce/ground bounce yet. Thoughts?
I'm interested in the answers others give cause I generally just go for a billion resets.
But that's also just part of my game plan. I save as much meter as I can for Strider. 5 bars pretty much guarantees I'll get Orbs twice.

You drop Doom/Sentinel/Dorm?

Zissou

I'm interested in the answers others give cause I generally just go for a billion resets.
But that's also just part of my game plan. I save as much meter as I can for Strider. 5 bars pretty much guarantees I'll get Orbs twice.

It's tricky going for resets with Dante. On one hand- he has a a lot of really great resets he can do. On the other hand, when resets fail, you often end up in a neutral situation right next to someone, which is exactly where I don't want to be with Dante generally!

GGs Smurfxzilla, Still trying to level up for UMVC3, thinking about working on Haggar more, with his neutral, movement and stuff. Playing your hawkeye against my haggar is very hard for haggar to do anything about it, also my Dorm needs more work on it and everything.

My Arthur I know is better then it looks, but the online lag makes it so I drop my inputs or something like that, because my DP's with arthur don't come out sometimes, and my movement with arthur is not a high level yet, I haven't learn the proper way to do Arthur's superjump cancel j.S xx into either daggers or crossbow at all. I need to work on that to even have chance to have a arthur that would make him scary to people.

Also I do not like using Arthur gold armor assist, because if I lose my characters, and cannot get a hit, he becomes a ticking time bomb, and if I fail to get the hit, I will most likely lose. But, if I see if I need to use Gold Armor to help me get that win, I must do it.

Also with my Dr. Doom, I need to work on his movement and neutral game too, with using Pad I am having a hard time getting used to his movement properly at all. And also getting his Midscreen BnB down(The j.M2 2h, j.M 2h, j.fH, j.S Airdash down(forward) into pickup etc... I haven't gotten the timing for it yet at all.

I am thinking the best overall Haggar team is Paradiggm's team of Haggar/Dorm/Doom, and I love the haggar/dorm shell because of various synergy I found with it and stuff like that. I am going to most likely going to make that my main team after I have a decent doom to work with.

Also I need to work on stuff with my felicia, I cannot believe how many times I dropped command grab into toy touch into combo at all, it saddens me still.

Also, the worst habit I gotten myself into now is playing my nephew, he uses Chris, and abuses the fact that Chris has like a Godlike Nova-like air throw range, and loves to throw me as many times as possible, and made me get into the habit of mashing H to throw, and I get hit because I was mashing throw/tech. I need to somehow figure out to get out that bad habit so I do not kill myself because of it.

Also I do have a stick, but I am 10x better on the xbox 360 normal pad then anything. I can use a stick somewhat, but I think before I learn stick for UMVC3, I should learn stick for SSF4AE before moving to stick on UMVC3.

EDIT: Also, sorry smurfxzilla, I am going to upload that set of matches I had against you, because I do feel I need some advice to get better at UMVC3, and those matches will help me out a ton playing against a high level opponent.

EDIT 2: Still amazed that I got a match off you too, you destroyed me in the other 15 matches, damn man!

Ghazi

I will be livestreaming as soon as I get home from a track meet, training for a little while (as I haven't played the game in a good amount of time), then online (to get reminded that I get bodied). Then I'll watch Breaking Bad and study for my AP exams.

I saw all the Frank vs Doom advice earlier, thanks Azoth and everyone else, I just haven't had time to type a response up.

Also, I got to try Marvel on a CRT TV the other day and my goodness it was glorious, my current big TV at home makes so much lag I have to relearn the timings for everything when I go places to play.

I won't use Double Lariat with Dormammu because it makes me lazy. I end up turtling behind it too much.

I'm on PSN. You can add me if you like. I will play my team with Spidey as mid since I'm not confident in using the 3 characters whose assists I want to use.
No idea what your PSN is, but I am Karsticles. Add me up.

Yeah, I got bored of Doom. I love hopping around with him, but Firebrand is so much more satisfying. Plus there is a lot of tech with my Firebrand team that I created and no one else knows about. I appreciate that. I quit the team because Shuma-Gorath is so awful, but I just need to stop letting Firebrand get hit.

I won't use Double Lariat with Dormammu because it makes me lazy. I end up turtling behind it too much.

No idea what your PSN is, but I am Karsticles. Add me up.

Yeah, I got bored of Doom. I love hopping around with him, but Firebrand is so much more satisfying. Plus there is a lot of tech with my Firebrand team that I created and no one else knows about. I appreciate that. I quit the team because Shuma-Gorath is so awful, but I just need to stop letting Firebrand get hit.

I use my haggar as a point character, so unless haggar lives when dormammu comes in, I don't use lariat assist really at all.

JohnPauliuk

Neo Member
Just don't do it unless you have super, it makes it pretty safe.

v : Akuma Tatsu and good plink dashing
I tried him and you are right. He serves to help my zoning and great for getting in on rush down and spacing teams. So now my team is Ryu(not sure if I should go Hadoken or stay as Tatsu)/Akuma(Tatsu)/Shuma(MR)

Hopefully I helped you a ton ghazi! Helped you out with a side character for your team, and also giving you more tech/advice with your main team main if that helps you out!

FSLink

Banned
I tried him and you are right. He serves to help my zoning and great for getting in on rush down and spacing teams. So now my team is Ryu(not sure if I should go Hadoken or stay as Tatsu)/Akuma(Tatsu)/Shuma(MR)

Hadoken is a pretty good assist for Akuma, and you can save up the ground bounce by calling it right before the demon flip dive kick with Akuma.

I haven't used Shuma with that team before but I think he might go well 2nd. Mystic Smash to get in + Tatsu seems like it'd be okay.

Ghazi

Hopefully I helped you a ton ghazi! Helped you out with a side character for your team, and also giving you more tech/advice with your main team main if that helps you out!

Definitely, I learned a ton of stuff. I'll probably mess around with Thor to get a basic feel of him and so how successful I am there for sure. The incoming Frank unblockable
Kreygasm.png
The Jam Session hit Nova extension
Kreygasm.png

Top Bottom