• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

FSLink

Banned
Triple Strange and Triple Dante are pretty obnoxious. Fast teleport + bolts + easy way to confirm FoF loops. Triple Dante just gets silly with the frame traps.

onionfrog

Triple Strange and Triple Dante are pretty obnoxious. Fast teleport + bolts + easy way to confirm FoF loops. Triple Dante just gets silly with the frame traps.
Is there any way to do this on PS3 yet?
I wouldn't mind messing around with it offline.
Actually there must be, Flying High's video is about PSN online.

Frantic

Triple Dante, Doom, or Strange are probably the best single-character teams you can get in this game. All three of them would be super obnoxious. Hidden Missiles Point + Hidden Missiles assist sounds super obnoxious, lol.

More than a triple team, I'd run Dante/Dante/Strider. It'd be pretty baller. Dante with Jam Session in some matchups would be pretty killer, and his incoming mixups would take on a new level of dumb(and they're already pretty dumb). Dante/Strider/Strider would be pretty awesome too, just so he could have two vajras, lol.

I should give this a shot. I doubt I'd play online with it, but I'd like to dick around with it in training mode, at least.

FSLink

Banned
Triple Doom just loses really hard to Hawkeye and Strange I feel. And to a lesser extent Dante. But if the opponent's team doesn't have those characters, he can do some dumb zoning with double missiles or double plasma beam. Rocks is really good for Doom too. Doing the swag TAC combo then TACing into another Doom then another Doom into TAC infinite is hilarious.

Also point Weasel Shot + Weasel Shot assist or Jam Session assist (I ran both with triple Dante) is freaking dirty, lol.

Triple Haggar is fun too. c.H, roll under, call Lariat, then Lariat or Pipe, then Rapid Fire Fist super, DHC to it again if you think they're gonna press a button, or just XF and do double Lariat again, lol. Two Haggars + Sentinel drones or something would probably be tons better. That Violent Axe mixup for incoming characters is also even more obnoxious with Lariat backing Haggar up.

Dahbomb

Some teams for theory crafting purposes:

Vergil/Doom/Vergil
Vergil/Doom/Doom
Morrigan/Morrigan/Doom
Doom/Dormammu/Doom
Magneto/Doom/Doom
Dante/Frank/Dante (maximize opportunity to level up Frank)
Spider Man or Spencer/ Rocket Raccoon / Rocket Raccoon
Haggar/Haggar/Sentinel
Trish/Dante/Dante or Trish/Doom/Doom
Nova or Wesker or Spencer /Strange/Strange
Ghost Rider / Doom / Doom
Magneto / Iron Man / Iron Man
Iron Man / Iron Man / Sentinel
Rocket Raccoon / Rocket Raccoon / Amaterasu
Magneto/Dante/Magneto
Dante / Strider (Gram assist) / Strider (Vajra)
Wolverine / Doom (Rocks) / Doom
Doom / Doom / Strider

TL:DR version: Doom stays winning

FSLink

Banned
Captain America/Captain America (shield)/x - Shield Slash, roll + Shield Slash assist makes for some visually confusing mixups. Experienced this last night against a friend.

Akuma/Wolverine/Akuma sounds like it'd be great.

I have some combo ideas that I may record into a video. I'll brainstorm some neat teams out.

It's also worth noting that team supers on double/triple characters, the point character recovers faster than the partners do, so I think there's some fun things to be explored there.

Dahbomb

My teams were without Galactus... :p

With Galactus... double Galactus Haggar or Galactus Haggar Phoenix. Galactus doesn't use up meter at all which means he is the best partner for Phoenix.

Galacus kinda needs Haggar to keep opponents off of him to be able to use his next moves.

I wonder how Morrigan would do against him as he would soak up all the fireballs even the Soul Drain ones.

Also guys, if you want to take part of the UMVC3 Online warrior combo video tonight, make sure you hit me up tonight if you want to take part of the video, but just letting you know, after tonight I will not be taking any more requests at all, because I do want to finish this video up.

My gamertag is Zerms, message me there and let me know if you want to take part, I will be on at 10PM EST tonight to record a bit more stuff!

Dahbomb

Since the THC costs no meter, I wonder if Galactus/Dormammu would be unstoppable.
I wonder how it works because that's exactly the type of thing I thought of when I saw the meterless THCs.

Like it seems to be on some internal cooldown? Otherwise what's stopping people from just spamming it non stop?

I think this deserves it's own thread. Too funny.
I will make one just for the hell of it. Also use it to get awareness of the triple/double character team configuration.

Although I feel like it will get lost in all the E3 news. Eh oh well...

onionfrog

So ...did this just kill Marvel?
fb0.jpg

It's definitely going to kill any random matches online. Ranked or otherwise.

Dahbomb

Upside I guess is we get Magneto's alt. I wonder how capcom is going to explain this to Spain?
Yea I was just about to say...

If that costume is available again then it definitely forces Capcom's hand. They have to at least do something about that.

The mythical patch might happen... it just wouldn't be what we wanted!

Zissou

This is why this turn of events has greatly saddened me and I feel like I'm the only one around here who feels that way.

Feels bad man.

People in online communities like GAF will at least have each other to play online with. If you don't have that kind of thing though, it'll be pretty bad :(

People in online communities like GAF will at least have each other to play online with. If you don't have that kind of thing though, it'll be pretty bad :(

I mean I will still have GAF and local matches but I still really like doing random matches as well. Truly feels like an end of an era.

Dahbomb

Okay this is fucked up now. What's the excuse for this? Did they really just port the same code and remove features for the non-Vita versions?

If someone finds the replay saving on the disc (through a different exploit, presumably), I will flip my table.

LMAO that would be hilarious.

I wonder if people can find the complete CG intro video as well.

Azoth

Banned
fb0.jpg

It's definitely going to kill any random matches online. Ranked or otherwise.

? Lol.

No it's not.

People have been saying Marvel is dead for like, two years now.

Still has 7 more years to go before Marvel 4, and plenty of random online people will be playing it until then.

Ghazi

Welp, looks like it's about that time, for me, to move on to Street Fighter, because of this.

I can't decide if this counts as a bang or a whimper, in the case case of Marvel going out, but it's still depressing the game was treated as it was.

Blackage

? Lol.

No it's not.

Still has 7 more years to go before Marvel 4, and plenty of random online people will be playing it until then.

You're assuming Capcom is still alive in 7 years.

Hopefully in 7 years PS3 emulators will be out, and people will have cracked Marvel 3's code to rebalance the game. :p

Azoth

Banned
You're assuming Capcom is still alive in 7 years.

Hopefully in 7 years PS3 emulators will be out, and people will have cracked Marvel 3's code to rebalance the game. :p

MvC2 emulators have been out forever.

People don't play rebalanced MvC2. Rebalanced, of course, meaning rebalanced according to whatever putz put the changelog together, because SF2 HD Remix was soooo good, lol. And Sirlin may be an awful, cranky man.. but he knows more about fighters and balance than most.

People play Unbalanced Versus Games until the next one comes out. Have, and will.

MvC2 emulators have been out forever.

People don't play rebalanced MvC2.

People play Unbalanced Versus Games until the next one comes out. Have, and will.
Do you play other fighting games. I swear I've played you in something other than Marvel.

Also, do you post in the FGW threads?

Azoth

Banned
I don't know what the FGW threads are, so likely not

And I don't really play other fighting games at the moment, really. I played both server-netware emulation(mostly X-men vs Street Fighter and MvC1/SFA3) and BDS/BoF bleach DS games fairly heavily, for a while, though.

I don't know what the FGW threads are, so likely not

And I don't really play other fighting games at the moment, really. I played both server-netware emulation(mostly X-men vs Street Fighter and MvC1/SFA3) and BDS/BoF bleach DS games fairly heavily, for a while, though.
It's the Fighting Games Weekly threads. They're fun. It's a new thread every week, so it's kind of a pain in the ass, but it's better that way IMO.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=829093

onionfrog

? Lol.

No it's not.

I don't mean the game is dead. I mean this fucks things up for anyone who casually goes online to play matches with randoms.

This is why this turn of events has greatly saddened me and I feel like I'm the only one around here who feels that way.

Feels bad man.
It's unfortunate this this might make random matches online broken and unenjoyable.

You've still got GAF though. I'm mostly playing people that are already on my friends list at this point anyways.

Nobody wants to fight galactus backed by lariat.
So someone pointed out on Eventhubs that if you use Herald colors in Arcade mode, Wesker/Akuma/Dormamu/Dr. Doom will be gold instead of silver.
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.
Welp, looks like it's about that time, for me, to move on to Street Fighter, because of this.
Yeah. I think I'm gonna start playing Ultra more, too. Decapre is too fun.
I can't decide if this counts as a bang or a whimper, in the case case of Marvel going out, but it's still depressing the game was treated as it was.
It really is a shame. IIRC we only got three patches for ultimate.
1. Fixed PW's invincible assists.
2. Some other minor changes. (I know Chris got a flamethrower buff)
... Several months later
3. Capcom patched out the glitch which allowed you to select any alt costume without buying the DLC. (Probably only done because capcom didn't want to lose potential DLC revenue)

Top Bottom