• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Neoxon

Like their redesigns in recent movies? I'm not really up to speed with how the characters look in their comics so I'm not sure if their comic versions had redesigns.

Personally I wouldn't want their cinema versions to represent them if MvC4 comes out. All the Marvel heroes have already established designs that are full of color and match the Capcom environment really well. Off the top of my head, Hawkeye from the Avengers movie is one of the most boring ones I've seen, same with Captain America.
I meant the comics, which have since adopted costumes that are more similar to their movie counterparts. Captain America, Hawkeye, Star-Lord, & Rocket Raccoon are prime examples of these changes.

Most don't seem to have changed dramatically, but:

Iron Man - He has nice suits from time to time. I like his Marvel NOW outfit. It's kind of weird, he's my favourite superhero but I don't really have a strong affinity for any of his armor colour schemes. Don't even really care for the Red/Gold even though it's iconic. I think the inverse scheme for Avengers 2/IM3 should never be used as a standard, though.

Hawkeye - I don't really mind Hawkeye with the Chevron on his chest, though people seem to hate it. It's a cool modernization. I would be down for Hawkguy alt too. His Avengers 2 costume is horrible.

Hulk - I kind of dislike Hulk when he has armor on him. It's kind of antithetic to his powers to me, and just makes it weirder to imagine him smashing people with anything but his bare fists. Classic design I can't imagine changing.

Magneto - I haven't fully kept up with the new series, but I don't think there is anything crazy new in there? Marvel NOW Magneto is already sort of done with one of his alts.

Spider-man - Didn't change dramatically I think? They have so many alts to choose from, it's ridiculous.

Ghost Rider - ugh

Nova - The only Nova is Richard Rider.

Rocket Raccoon - I think the Guardians in general haven't faired well being redesigned for the recent series. I don't think I like anything about the recent series. I don't really like film Drax either.

- - -

That said, now that the MCU ball is rolling, I guess it may be good to speculate who may be a newcomer in the next iteration? I mean, MvC3 is already pretty prophetic in terms of showing us what properties will be pushed in the future, but I still think it's a bit hard to call. My guesses:

- Maybe one more Guardian, depending on how good GotG does. I don't see them going beyond that.
- Black Panther: He's a shoe-in, I feel. Marvel is waiting for the right moment to let this go and it's very likely we could see it announced at this year's comic-con.
- Ms. Marvel: Just an all around great character to include. Highly versatile power-set means a lot of gameplay potential. She's always involved somewhere, and is likely to pop up in the MCU as well.
- I think any more characters are hard to predict. We're sort of at the limit of what Marvel is trying to push, and I don't expect stuff like Runaways or some of the TV characters (even Daredevil) to have a greater pull in the video game space.
Richard Rider will probably be Nova again by the time MvC4 rolls around. Also, Hulk hasn't used the armor that much outside Indestructible Hulk & Infinity. Likewise, Iron Man will probably revert to red armor.

As for the Guardians, Marvel is pushing hard for them to be the next big thing, so I can easily see 2 new reps from that team. As for the redesigns, Star-Lord specifically was redesigned from that god-awful Bendis costume to look more like his movie counterpart (the same was done for Rocket in his new solo comic).

rocket_raccoon_cover.jpg

The_Legendary_Star-Lord_1_Cover_McNiven.jpg

Kotobukiya-ArtFX+-Marvel-NOW-Avengers-Statues-Concept-Art.jpg

3491649-3986536364-magne.jpg

3534181-all-new_x-men_vol_1_21_textless.jpg

modok_superior.jpg
\
Loki-Agent-of-Asgard.jpg

tumblr_mxakpwYEp31re8ijgo1_1280.jpg

Dahbomb

By the next game, half of Marvel's characters might be dead or obsolete. There is no guessing to be had yet.
This is how I feel on this as well.

I don't think they will be "dead" but they can certainly be made obsolete. Similar to how Gambit is perceived or old symbiotic Venom.

Azoth

Banned
I think people are putting too much stock in Marvel's Comic representations, as to what their characters will be like in movies, etc.

I can pretty much guarantee Marvel's revenue from comics has taken a second seat to it's revenue from Movies and Games, and as such, those are the representations / identities the company would be most invested in depicting, and pursuing.

What's happening to Spiderman is recent comic chains, or Gambit, etc, is less important than what's happening to him in relevant movies and games. Marvel putting characters in their games that the public knows less than classic Wolverine etc, would be a bad decision all around. It would be sacrificing superior movie/game revenue for inferior comic book revenue, etc.

For the Frank questions;

1) cH isn't really a good way to get in with Frank. It's a good normal, but it's also negative on block and puts you in their face. If they don't pushblock, they can punish you. sS is also negative on block, so that's not a safe blockstring after it, Snapshot is immensely negative on block, L1 L Tools is -1 on block and pulls them in, so they can throw you, and L Zombie Swing has enough startup that anyone can cL you out of it beforehand.

Better ways to move in with Frank would be his great sM, Pie Toss + Assist, L Swing from a distance outside that character's sL/cL/fast options, etc.

For the combo itself, something optimal would be like,

cLMHS, superjump, small delay, jH xx Air L Tools, Air L Tools, jMS, land, dash, jump forward, Air H Tools, sS, jMMHS,

and then either Picture+Slant Shot, sS, jS, Kneedrop(wiff) xx Picture xx Tools Hyper

or, Picture xx Tools Hyper, xx Bionic Manuevers at peak height, tag frank, Picture + Slant Shot, sS jS kneedrop Picture Tools etc

You don't have to do the Air Tools part, but it adds significant hit count off a grounded confirm.

Ghazi

Watching Curleh Mustache right now, haven't even thought about Marvel since March...

All I can think about right now is how pissed I am that we likely aren't getting another game in this series. Those costumes alone for the recent characters look badass, too. I want one so bad. Fuck Disney, man.

I have also decided that Marvel is more infuriating than Dota 2.

Neoxon

Watching Curleh Mustache right now, haven't even thought about Marvel since March...

All I can think about right now is how pissed I am that we likely aren't getting another game in this series. Those costumes alone for the recent characters look badass, too. I want one so bad. Fuck Disney, man.

Both Marvel & Disney have a good relationship with Capcom, so it's more of a when than if.

Ghazi

Both Marvel & Disney have a good relationship with Capcom, so it's more of a when than if.

I thought it was an issue of Disney getting really stingy with Marvel licensing and charging really premium for stuff like that (in comparison to when MvC3 was developed). It's not like Capcom has a lot of money in the bank...

Neoxon

I thought it was an issue of Disney getting really stingy with Marvel licensing and charging really premium for stuff like that (in comparison to when MvC3 was developed). It's not like Capcom has a lot of money in the bank...
They aren't broke by any means, but if that's the case, they'll probably strike negotiations in the future as both sides would want to do it again.

The UMvC3 contact only expired, no legal BS behind it.

Dahbomb

Marvel is not more infuriating than DOTA 2 (unless you are talking about balance). In DOTA there is always something to infuriate you... whether it be annoying/incompetent team mates or the RNG elements.

Team games are almost always more anger-inducing than solo games, because you can play like magic and still lose.

Source needed.

Ghazi

Team games are almost always more anger-inducing than solo games, because you can play like magic and still lose.

The same can happen in Marvel. All it takes is one footdive or Zero/Vergil/etc mix up and you could be done for. At least in stuff like Dota, you can have decent teammates help you win and the teamwork is so much more satisfying than solo games. Of course, it could just be I'm maturing or something like that. I had a bigger meltdown over Dota a year ago than I've ever had in Marvel, embarrassed myself something bad, but I keep humble over it.

Zissou

Team-based competitive games are more popular because they give people an excuse when they lose and let them win sometimes even if they're ass. In a 1v1 game- winning or losing is entirely your responsibility and representative of your personal skill.

Dahbomb

The same can happen in Marvel. All it takes is one footdive or Zero/Vergil/etc mix up and you could be done for. At least in stuff like Dota, you can have decent teammates help you win and the teamwork is so much more satisfying than solo games. Of course, it could just be I'm maturing or something like that. I had a bigger meltdown over Dota a year ago than I've ever had in Marvel, embarrassed myself something bad, but I keep humble over it.
Team work goes both ways.

You can have a single match with good team work and another with shit team work which will ruin your day. At least you can blame yourself for getting hit in MVC3 (most of the time you can), you can' t blame yourself for people intentional feeding kills to the other team.

Ghazi

Team-based competitive games are more popular because they give people an excuse when they lose and let them win sometimes even if they're ass. In a 1v1 game- winning or losing is entirely your responsibility and representative of your personal skill.
I still don't feel like it's fair to say this about Marvel. Other games, sure, but there's just so much bs in Marvel that I don't think it's fair to say that the fair and clean stuff is what's consistently used against opponents. I respect that, though, definitely.
Team work goes both ways.

You can have a single match with good team work and another with shit team work which will ruin your day. At least you can blame yourself for getting hit in MVC3 (most of the time you can), you can' t blame yourself for people intentional feeding kills to the other team.

I agree completely, which is why I'm trying to eliminate that possibility and play with people I know do well with teamwork.

I blame myself for every Zero mix up/cross up I've fallen prey to, completely avoidable. :/

No matter what, it's my fault when I lose in Marvel. That is not the case in DotA.

Plus, I don't know what DotA2 is like, but standard DotA1 match time was 45 minutes. That's a long time to spend just to have your teammates screw things up. Mad salt.

Ghazi

No matter what, it's my fault when I lose in Marvel. That is not the case in DotA.

Plus, I don't know what DotA2 is like, but standard DotA1 match time was 45 minutes. That's a long time to spend just to have your teammates screw things up. Mad salt.

Like I said, I think the second part is completely agreeable with.

Is it really your fault if you don't get a guess right when someone (whose habits you don't know, or they are randomly doing so) TACs you and Doom infinites you to death? Is it really your fault for getting hit by those extremely tiny block window zero setups or those unblockable ones on incoming? Marvel is just a really clouded game, in regards to whose fault is whose about losing, in my opinion.

Zissou

I still don't feel like it's fair to say this about Marvel. Other games, sure, but there's just so much bs in Marvel that I don't think it's fair to say that the fair and clean stuff is what's consistently used against opponents. I respect that, though, definitely.

Marvel has quite consistent tournament results. Better players win and worse players lose. Losing at marvel means you were outplayed. Of course a match here and there can go either way because the game is so punishing for making mistakes (like a single round of SF4 can be taken by a weaker player against a skilled player from time to time).

Like I said, I think the second part is completely agreeable with.

Is it really your fault if you don't get a guess right when someone (whose habits you don't know, or they are randomly doing so) TACs you and Doom infinites you to death? Is it really your fault for getting hit by those extremely tiny block window zero setups or those unblockable ones on incoming? Marvel is just a really clouded game, in regards to whose fault is whose about losing, in my opinion.
At the very least, it's definitely my fault for getting hit in the first place in the neutral. I have zero influence on the lanes of my teammates early in the game unless I play Earthshaker, and then I roam right when the lanes start. ^_^

Dahbomb

It was your fault for getting hit that lead to the mix up. No different than getting sweeped by Akuma then having to guess on his mix up (which allows him to snow ball you until you die). Well at least in non Ultra SF4.

There's hardly any top level MVC3 match where you can say that a player made no mistake yet still lost. The only closest example is someone playing against ChrisG and they have a team ill equipped to handle it meaning they can play without making any mistakes but they would still lose.

Top players win in MVC3 because they make the least amount of mistakes. No different from other games really.

In DOTA 2, it's not your fault that the mid lost their lane and their mid got so fat that he starts killing you in one combo easily.

Plus, I don't know what DotA2 is like, but standard DotA1 match time was 45 minutes.
Standard DOTA 2 matches have lower times these days because of recent balance patches. Gold acquisition rates are increased, buybacks have more drawbacks/less abusable plus other system changes that make it so that the game is more aggressive early on and usually ends quickly. There are still matches that can go 45+ minutes of course but the average length of match is reduced. You can easily complete matches in 20-25 mins these days.

Neoxon

Source needed.
The guy in charge of Marvel Games did say a long time ago on Twitter that they considered the MvC3 games a success, and would want to do it again in the future (it'd take forever to track the tweet). As for Disney, they worked with Capcom & WayForward on DuckTales Remastered, which was financially successful as far as both sides were concerned.

Is it really your fault if you don't get a guess right when someone (whose habits you don't know, or they are randomly doing so) TACs you and Doom infinites you to death?

I agree with the others saying it's your fault for getting hit. I will, however, say Marvel is full of annoying and "cheap" stuff. It is annoying, but I wouldn't say it's not my fault when I lose.

The guy in charge of Marvel Games did say a long time ago on Twitter that they considered the MvC3 games a success, and would want to do it again in the future (it'd take forever to track the tweet). As for Disney, they worked with Capcom & WayForward on DuckTales Remastered, which was financially successful as far as both sides were concerned.
That is your evidence? Ducktales and a Twitter post?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That is your evidence? Ducktales and a Twitter post?
I'd dare anyone to find better evidence of a business relationship than them actually still working together. Combine that will the way Marvel has actually been acting RE: licensing this past year which still support case-by-case basis affairs instead of recent, off-hand comments from Disney execs not actually involved in Marvel game licensing and I'd say the burden of proof still lies where it always has.

In addition, Sven kept close ties with Marvel until his departure, which was some time late last year IIRC. He was the one that got the ball rolling and connected the two companies in their current forms. There's nothing substantiating a soured relationship that isn't confounded by some ink that dried half a decade plus ago, quite to the contrary.

And yeah, I sympathize with Neoxon, tracking down any official statements, via Twitter, Eventhubs or Capcom-Unity is an absolute nightmare. 99% of that nightmare is because there's so much wishlist and theorycraft bullshit out there to wade through. I've tried relocating some of the stuff I used to have bookmarked and it's just not possible.

Evidence of a poor working relationship:
No patches
Game DLC removed from the market
All MvC sales rights gone

Good working relationships prevent these things. This is like two parents letting a child fail school. You can't say the parents work well together when their baby is goes uncared for. If the relationship was there, the contract would have been renewed.

Sayad

What's the cheapest easiest team to play? Something that doesn't require much to learn, yet very effective. Gonna be playing with some friends thanks to EVO hype but I don't feel like learning anything complex since I'll probably drop it again in few weeks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Evidence of a poor working relationship:
No patches
Game DLC removed from the market
All MvC sales rights gone

Good working relationships prevent these things. This is like two parents letting a child fail school. You can't say the parents work well together when their baby is goes uncared for. If the relationship was there, the contract would have been renewed.
See the bit about being confounded by ink drying. Perpetuating this nonsense is always toxic to these discussions, and completely ignorant of circumstantial factors that are both the reason why MvC3 was made in the first place and why it hasn't received patches.

It's even more ignorant to suggest a good working relationship necessitates a renewed contract, as if implying the mere existence of the relationship indicates the contract should be renewed, as if it's in both of their best interests. Incredibly fallacious reasoning, that is largely unsupported besides a minority desire for a patch that would almost undoubtedly not go over well in the marketplace. And both of them know that. The Marvel patch has never made sense business-wise.

onionfrog

What's the cheapest easiest team to play? Something that doesn't require much to learn, yet very effective. Gonna be playing with some friends thanks to EVO hype but I don't feel like learning anything complex since I'll probably drop it again in few weeks.
Wolverine/Doom/Vergil

Wolverine/Doom/Vergil is the scrubbiest shit the game has to offer.

Wolverine/Doom/Vergil
Haha! Good man.

See the bit about being confounded by ink drying. Perpetuating this nonsense is always toxic to these discussions, and completely ignorant of circumstantial factors that are both the reason why MvC3 was made in the first place and why it hasn't received patches.

It's even more ignorant to suggest a good working relationship necessitates a renewed contract, as if implying the mere existence of the relationship indicates the contract should be renewed, as if it's in both of their best interests. Incredibly fallacious reasoning, that is largely unsupported besides a minority desire for a patch that would almost undoubtedly not go over well in the marketplace. And both of them know that. The Marvel patch has never made sense business-wise.
I am not talking about a balance patch. I am talking about patching the basic things that ruin thus game. It would take one person one day of work to remove TAC infinites and prevent Galactus from being playable. Capcom doesn't even have the right to patch the game. That means that they don't think it is even worth talking to Marvel about.

Do you know what it means for a company to spend at least 6 million dollars ($250k * 50 characters as an estimate from S-Kill) on a game and then drop basic bug patch support even? Think about the expenditures in contrast with how little effort it takes to patch out bugs like this. Why, despite the game selling well, has Capcom neglected it? We are talking about a business dropping a multi-million dollar investment instead of having a conversation with Marvel. Just think about the economics of that situation.

Dahbomb

Wolverine/Doom/Vergil is the easiest/scrubbiest/cheapest team in the game.

Not the best team in the game but it's around 3rd or 4th best team in the game overall.

It's the quintessential low effort, maximum reward/value team (which is how I quantify as something being "cheap") and should basically be called "team Scrub".

Wolverine/Doom/Vergil is the easiest/scrubbiest/cheapest team in the game.

Not the best team in the game but it's around 3rd or 4th best team in the game overall.

It's the quintessential low effort, maximum reward/value team (which is how I quantify as something being "cheap") and should basically be called "team Scrub".

Just to cement this, even at locals, people who play creative and interesting teams swap to this after they lose a lot. It blows my mind every time, and I've actually laughed about it. Then again, I look down on swapping between ultras in USFIV based on matchup!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am not talking about a balance patch. I am talking about patching the basic things that ruin thus game. It would take one person one day of work to remove TAC infinites and prevent Galactus from being playable. Capcom doesn't even have the right to patch the game. That means that they don't think it is even worth talking to Marvel about.

Do you know what it means for a company to spend at least 6 million dollars ($250k * 50 characters as an estimate from S-Kill) on a game and then drop basic bug patch support even? Think about the expenditures in contrast with how little effort it takes to patch out bugs like this. Why, despite the game selling well, has Capcom neglected it? We are talking about a business dropping a multi-million dollar investment instead of having a conversation with Marvel. Just think about the economics of that situation.
Your first paragraph is semantics to the situation.

Your second paragraph is strange. You understate how much effort a patch is, while in the same breath talk about how great the initial investment was. It would not be cheap to bring together the original team to patch it, nor would it be cheap to displace whatever else they are working on for the sake of a patch that wasn't in the initial plan, especially after the earthquake shake up. I though this was common knowledge. I don't tend to look at game development as a snap of a finger to conjure up a studio to handle this, or just give the patch over to Ono's interns. And just because it sells well doesn't mean the game gets an infinite amount of support. Is UMvC3 not enough? That was across too releases. When it is it enough? Can you quantify that, especially post-SFxTK? Why do you call the investment "dropped" if they already made their cut and further releases would be unequivocally riskier and have less guaranteed margins? And we don't know whether they had a conversation with Marvel or not earlier, moot point.

I've been playing this for almost two years now and I still can't find my team. I'm only good with Vergil. Tried Spiderman but he was too hard for me. I can pull of some decent Phoenix combo's but she dies instantly or gets snapped in before I even reach the 5 metres.
Frank West was kinda fun but his leveling up gimmick is kinda eehhhh.

I'm not digging the cast outside of Vergil.
One thing I'm not getting, how do you guys perform DP inputs reliabily on D-pad? I can pull it off when facing to the right but not left.

Your first paragraph is semantics to the situation.

Your second paragraph is strange. You understate how much effort a patch is, while in the same breath talk about how great the initial investment was. It would not be cheap to bring together the original team to patch it, nor would it be cheap to displace whatever else they are working on for the sake of a patch that wasn't in the initial plan, especially after the earthquake shake up. I though this was common knowledge. I don't tend to look at game development as a snap of a finger to conjure up a studio to handle this, or just give the patch over to Ono's interns. And just because it sells well doesn't mean the game gets an infinite amount of support. Is UMvC3 not enough? That was across too releases. When it is it enough? Can you quantify that, especially post-SFxTK? Why do you call the investment "dropped" if they already made their cut and further releases would be unequivocally riskier and have less guaranteed margins? And we don't know whether they had a conversation with Marvel or not earlier, moot point.
Consider looking up the word semantics.

You don't need a full team of people to change a line of code that determines how ground touches are treated during TACs. I emphasized that I am not talking about a balance patch. Nearly every game on the planet gets post-launch support when game-breaking glitches are discovered. It's a modern expectation, I'm not being particularly demanding of Capcom.

The "sorry but the team is disbursed" claim is bunk. When Magneto's alt costume became controversial, suddenly, there were programmers around to issue a patch within days. This situation is no different. It is an easy fix.

If Capcom had a conversation with Marvel, why isn't the game still being sold? There are only two possibilities here:
1) Capcom never contacted Marvel about renewing the contract.
2) Capcom contacted Marvel about renewing the contract, but the price was deemed unreasonable.

In both cases, it's going to be due to Marvel being too much trouble to bother with.

I've been playing this for almost two years now and I still can't find my team. I'm only good with Vergil. Tried Spiderman but he was too hard for me. I can pull of some decent Phoenix combo's but she dies instantly or gets snapped in before I even reach the 5 metres.

One thing I'm not getting, how do you guys perform DP inputs reliabily on D-pad? I can pull it off when facing to the right but not left.
I'm on a stick these days, but you can do a DP but pushing forward, and then doing a qcf motion.

If you have trouble, just grind it out in training mode. I am learning Blanka in Street Fighter right now, and ever day I go into training mode for 15 minutes and practice piano-ing keys for electricity since it's a skill I haven't had yet. When I picked up Shuma-Gorath, I started using Parasoul in Skullgirls and Guile in Street Fighter to get used to charge motions. Now, I do them like it's second-nature with my Blanka play. It's all about grinding out the basic skills, like writing. If you never learn syntax and diction, your paragraphs won't come out well, either.

Personally, when I have kids, I am going to teach them fighting games from a young age so they have pristine execution. ;-) I've already started with my 1 year old nephew!

Sayad

Thanks guys, I'm joining the dark side, I guess...

If Capcom had a conversation with Marvel, why isn't the game still being sold? There are only two possibilities here:
1) Capcom never contacted Marvel about renewing the contract.
2) Capcom contacted Marvel about renewing the contract, but the price was deemed unreasonable.
2 is probably the case, Marvel became a much bigger property since Capcom's deal for MvC3, mainly thanks to a series of hugely successful movies. Not sure how true that is in the US, since they were already popular there, but the movies gave them way more recognition on an international level. It's only logical the licensing price wold go up. There was a time when Capcom really seemed like they were trying to do something for UMvC3, so I imagine contact did happen.

Your second paragraph is strange. You understate how much effort a patch is, while in the same breath talk about how great the initial investment was. It would not be cheap to bring together the original team to patch it, nor would it be cheap to displace whatever else they are working on for the sake of a patch that wasn't in the initial plan, especially after the earthquake shake up. I though this was common knowledge.
The most expensive part of issuing a small bug fixing patch is the PSN/Live tax for patching. TAC infinite and that same character exploit thing shouldn't be hard to fix, they seem simple enough from a programming perspective and wouldn't require much testing.

There is no longer a PSN/XBL tax for patching. That was removed over a year ago, IIRC. Policy change to help pave the way for F2P games and indies, probably. Like I said, the costs are minimal.

Dahbomb

The main costs are just the salaries of the developers and any additional cost to be allowed to work on the game again. Salaries that Capcom has to pay out of pocket for a game they aren't getting any more ROI on.

It's all about opportunity cost and the money/effort spent on making a bug fix to an old game is better spent on making assets/bug fixing a new game.

You can always pick Zero/Doom/Vergil or Wolverine/Doom/Vergil (according to wheter you prefer efficiency or easyness)...
Personally I think you should pick two characters you really like and learn them. Spiderman was "too hard"? No such thing. Pick him up again, fight with him and master him. That's what I did for my team and, while I'm still a scrub, I'm nowhere near as bad as I was when I started.

Sayad

There is no longer a PSN/XBL tax for patching. That was removed over a year ago, IIRC. Policy change to help pave the way for F2P games and indies, probably. Like I said, the costs are minimal.
I thought patch fees were only removed for indies and digital game. Sony only announced this around last year's E3 while MS did so few months later while revealing their indie program, considering that UMvC3 was delisted in December, they may not have been able to benefit from it.
I forgot about Marvel while mentioning patch fees, which is the main problem obviously.

The main costs are just the salaries of the developers and any additional cost to be allowed to work on the game again. Salaries that Capcom has to pay out of pocket for a game they aren't getting any more ROI on.

It's all about opportunity cost and the money/effort spent on making a bug fix to an old game is better spent on making assets/bug fixing a new game.
TAC infinite glitches are literally going to be changing one line of coding. Again, just look at how fast the Magneto alt costume got removed. Suddenly, the programmers that were scattered about were available! You take one of these dudes on a project and have them take a day to make a few changes, and you are done. There is no salary cost because the folks are still working with Capcom.

I thought patch fees were only removed for indies and digital game. Sony only announced this around last year's E3 while MS did so few months later while revealing their indie program, considering that UMvC3 was delisted in December, they may not have been able to benefit from it.
I forgot about Marvel while mentioning patch fees, which is the main problem obviously.
Removed for everyone, it has been stated by major developers in the past. As long as we can all agree that Marvel has to be the main hurdle, I am satisfied.

I beat DMC3 a couple of days ago and I have a new appreciation of Dante's movelist in this game. They have all of his weapons in the game except for Spiral. It would have been cool for it to be included as a charge move.

LakeEarth

TAC infinite glitches are literally going to be changing one line of coding. Again, just look at how fast the Magneto alt costume got removed. Suddenly, the programmers that were scattered about were available! You take one of these dudes on a project and have them take a day to make a few changes, and you are done. There is no salary cost because the folks are still working with Capcom.
The 3rd Strike patch was done and submitted to Capcom for over a year before it finally came out. The programming side was done. It took Capcom a year for their internal people to do whatever tests they do. What, is there one guy checking every patch for every game?

Top Bottom