• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";91047641]No, it was much better than usual.

And the raw tag combo was supposed to include doom missile double otgs.

Pretty fun for my first fight in over a month.[/QUOTE]
I'm curious about your infamous lag. If you're available for a another set today or some time this weekend then let me know.

Frantic

gg's. that dante pressure was destroying haggar. :( that kinda keep away is what dante users should be doing against him but a lot never do.
Mainly because most just wanna get that hit, but Haggar pretty much has no chance against Dante's zoning/keepaway.

Need to learn how to deal with Hawkeye/Haggar. Getting in isn't a super big deal, but not getting whacked in the face with Haggar is a bit annoying against Hawkeye.

Skullgirls was going through Konami for its patch updates. Konami decided to be incompetent, so the Lab Zero team is having to take over and become a semi-publisher along with a developer. Hence the delay in console updates.

Also, Smurf got a dedicated thread on GFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/67919700

Does not compute.
Update your hardware!

I finished reading through the changelist and it looks great!
I sent Karst a PM with my the typos and other issues I found.

As I said the list looks wonderful, but I can't help but tell sad about it for two reasons:
1) There is such a microscopic chance that the game will ever get updated.

2) If the game did get updated it wouldn't be anywhere near as comprehensive and well thought out as this list. :(
Capcom would do their normal knee jerk balancing, complete with mind boggling balance decisions.

When's Marvel 3: Neogaf edition? ;_;

Why did SFxT get updated instead of Mahvel... :p
Thank you! I saw the list and will incorporate your suggestions. :)

Because that worked so well for Skullgirls.
Skullgirls will eventually become a solid feature at tournaments, I promise you. Bookmark this post for 2 years from now. ;-)

My impressions are the same. The Dpad on the Xbox one controller is a massive upgrade, but the controller itself feels 10-20% smaller than the 360 controller. My hands start to hurt after a while playing it since its too small.

I haven't had a chance to try out the PS4 controller yet.

That's so odd. You'd think that they'd just set up a permanent kiosk.
I thought about making a whole thread about the rep not having the system set up if she's not there, but I don't want to make it seem like I'm going out of my way to trash the system. I'd love independent confirmations that this isn't just an isolated incident, though.

Arguing with a PR rep sounds like the greatest waste of time possible. I really want to get my hands on both controllers though, but I only know of a store with an X1 set up, don't know if there are any PS4 set ups near me.

Cloud BC is the stupidest shit ever though, no matter who does it. Stupid for the exact same reasons always online was a stupid idea.
She was actually very receptive to what I said, mostly because she doesn't know half of what I know. More importantly, the guy there was listening to me, and started asking me questions instead of her. I wouldn't have said a thing if it were just her, but there's a guy being lied to, and I'm not okay with just watching that happen.

Agreed on Cloud...anything, really. Comcast already throttled Netflix, and there's no way they won't thottle this too even if it does become a reality. That's an enormous amount of bandwidth.

Did you actually try the dpad with any game? Cause I absolutely fucking hate it for Killer Instinct. In fact the whole controller feels like a step back
I actually didn't. How is it worse for KI? It seemed really snappy and responsive to me, but I didn't use it for anything. The only game I played was Forza, which was a goddamn snorefest. Why do people buy that crap? I almost fell asleep standing up. I only survived the second lap by pretending it was Mario Kart and power sliding with the brakes (read: not effective for getting 1st place).

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";91048220]Sometimes it's so bad I have to play Wolverine. But generally, the fact that we played 50+ games indicates how good it was. Doing Magneto combos is normally impossible, and I did a full alioune loop with the EMD xx tempest finisher without issue.

Karst usually rage quits after a few games because all his fancy pants Dormammu stuff like "air teleports" and "2M" aren't coming out.[/QUOTE]
The worst is when I try to teleport 2-3 times and get j.M each time. -_-

I actually didn't. How is it worse for KI? It seemed really snappy and responsive to me, but I didn't use it for anything. The only game I played was Forza, which was a goddamn snorefest. Why do people buy that crap? I almost fell asleep standing up. I only survived the second lap by pretending it was Mario Kart and power sliding with the brakes (read: not effective for getting 1st place).
Fuck Smurf, haha. Though I finally came up with a team that I feel can handle his shit

I posted this in the KI thread
Yeah I can't do this shit. I can't roll my thumb. If it doesn't click both down and either left or right on the pad, then you can't get diagonals. Maybe it's my controller...I'll try my brothers tomorrow. But yeah at the moment I am not feeling it

And I posted this in here a page back

Yeah I really don't like the dpad. You have to be way too precise with your input because of the way it was designed. I can't roll my thumb at all. The "clicky" nature of the pad makes it difficult to be fluid. For diagonals to work you have to be pressing down but also making sure you're pressing left or right enough that the pad clicks. No click, no diagonal.

It's just no good for the way I play fighters. I already don't like 4 way pads too much, but I've never had trouble on this level.....not even close.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";91134639]I wanna play Smurf. I've never played a point Hawkeye mirror.

What I really need is to fight someone that plays Taskmaster/Missiles.[/QUOTE]

Task and Missiles isn't too bad, and this is coming from someone completely free to Task. Even Hawkeye and Missiles isn't bad....and I'm free to really good Hawkeye's. I think Task and Hawkeye are way more difficult to deal with when they have horizontal assists.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";91139367]Honzo uses Task/Missiles.[/QUOTE]
Oh...I see. What team do you plan on using?

EDIT: Yeah PS+ is pretty damn great. I'm sad I slept on it for so long, but when I bought a Vita a few months ago and I knew I was getting a PS4, I figured why not. Don't regret it at all.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";91142943]Probably Hawkeye/Vergil/Shuma or Hawkeye/Dante/Magneto.[/QUOTE]
FYI, Mystic Ray gets snubbed hard by arrow teams. And picking up Dante right before a tournament? Ick!

FYI, Mystic Ray gets snubbed hard by arrow teams. And picking up Dante right before a tournament? Ick!

I've been playing Dante since vanilla on and off. I just don't like to pick him online.

Didn't know that Ray got bodied, though. I might just stick to the Vergil/Magneto team then. Gonna be rough though.

There's a Vita deal going on at Best Buy right now. 3G/Wifi version with 8 GB memory card for $169. Simply too good to pass up.
Costco has $480 for a PS4, second controller, and 1 year of PS+. I was going to nab that, but some folks are also saying that a PS4/Vita bundle is coming, and if it's something like $500, then that's the ideal grab right there. How big of a memory card does one really need for the Vita, and what are its internet connection options? I don't know much about the system except that I want the OLED screen, since it looks beautiful.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When the Vita gets a proper storage solution, I'll take it seriously as a platform. For something that's so digital-centric with games with mandatory installs, the proprietary memory solution just sours it all more.

Maybe a few years from now if they do an OLED + 32GB built-in, I'll bite.

Costco has $480 for a PS4, second controller, and 1 year of PS+. I was going to nab that, but some folks are also saying that a PS4/Vita bundle is coming, and if it's something like $500, then that's the ideal grab right there. How big of a memory card does one really need for the Vita, and what are its internet connection options? I don't know much about the system except that I want the OLED screen, since it looks beautiful.
8GB isn't much.

When the Vita gets a proper storage solution, I'll take it seriously as a platform. For something that's so digital-centric with games with mandatory installs, the proprietary memory solution just sours it all more.

Maybe a few years from now if they do an OLED + 32GB built-in, I'll bite.

8GB isn't much.
Holy crap, is that all that the Vita has had released on it?!

And yeah, 8GB is pretty small for what those games require.

Sigmaah

Anyone playing on PS3 pick up a DS4 for this game? I have no reason to pick up a PS4 yet, but upon hearing the DS4 (with all its Vita D-Pad glory) worked with PS3, I had to pick one up and try it out. Its a Success!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT0oMvjVT6A

Wish I could have put on a better display for you guys lol, kinda cam shy.

Good shit, deff gives the right info for ppl who play ps3 and Pad and want a better pad.

And of course Prozac is talking shit about smurf not being really good... SMURF, please fight this fool and beat the fuck outta him.

Mystic Ray is kind of like Sentinel Force and Hidden Missiles. It's an incredible assist with game-changing power, but it needs a safe call. Arrows everywhere tend to keep it from going off at all. I think the assist works best with characters who can teleport or with characters that have high priority attacks to push in with so the opponent can't attack Shuma-Gorath (Firebrand, Wolverine).

You should just pick your Wesker team. It's still your best team.
I can deal with Taskmaster with Hawkeye, I just need an assist to kill the missiles.

Wesker huh? :-(

I never practice that team, and I get bodied now when I swap to it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";91147985]I can deal with Taskmaster with Hawkeye, I just need an assist to kill the missiles.

Wesker huh? :-(

I never practice that team, and I get bodied now when I swap to it.[/QUOTE]
The Wesker team is the one you have the greatest success rate against me with. That's my frame of reference.

I really think you should go all-out with a point Magneto team, though. It's where you will eventually find happiness.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I think that's only retail games. Can't seem to spot PSN/legacy titles from a quick look over.

But yeah that's where the Vita has no gaemz thing comes from. I still think there's a lot of very strong titles there though.

smurfx

get some go again
Skullgirls was going through Konami for its patch updates. Konami decided to be incompetent, so the Lab Zero team is having to take over and become a semi-publisher along with a developer. Hence the delay in console updates.

well that's a first. wonder who that prozac guy is. don't think that's his name on live. i rarely ever play sets with people too so i wonder when i played him. also i don't like it that people think i'm only a point hawkeye player because i'm not. i play all 3 of my characters on point depending on the matchup. >_<

I think that's only retail games. Can't seem to spot PSN/legacy titles from a quick look over.

But yeah that's where the Vita has no gaemz thing comes from. I still think there's a lot of very strong titles there though.
That's way worse than I thought it was, though!

well that's a first. wonder who that prozac guy is. don't think that's his name on live. i rarely ever play sets with people too so i wonder when i played him. also i don't like it that people think i'm only a point hawkeye player because i'm not. i play all 3 of my characters on point depending on the matchup. >_<
Since I want to see you and Prozac play, I looked up his XBL tag for you:
Mercurial Hg

He also goes under this name sometimes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WxYUAnYVmE&list=UUVlWLQhPaakw4lA_H4ceBUg&index=1&feature=plcp

Merc yer Eel

smurfx

get some go again

Memory is where they get you when it comes to the Vita. I only have a handful of Vita games. Like 3 retail, 3 indies and about 7 PS1 games and about 500 mps3 and my 8 gig is about full. I mainly use my Vita for music and remote play honestly. Now with PS4 remote play is flawless. For me it's been worth it for that alone.

Those are just the retail releases. There's a ton of digital games being released like every week. Vita seems to me to be a more optimized version of PSP Go. Don't buy a Vita if you don't like digital only releases. Vita is more of a "digital future" type system than PS4 or XBO.

Haha, someone just told me that Spidey/Shuma/Dante is an actual team. And here I was thinking I was just being creative. Oh well....guess I can look for videos now to add to the shit I've made up myself.

I've been trying to learn how to do a certain ChrisG astral vision combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihTsuSc8mSE#t=2m10s

However, whenever I connect with air MMHS the character is sent flying away from the corner instead of into it. I've noticed with astral vision that a character getting hit by morrigan will reel randomly in either direction. If it isn't random, what determines how the character reels?

I've been trying to learn how to do a certain ChrisG astral vision combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihTsuSc8mSE#t=2m10s

However, whenever I connect with air MMHS the character is sent flying away from the corner instead of into it. I've noticed with astral vision that a character getting hit by morrigan will reel randomly in either direction. If it isn't random, what determines how the character reels?
I have always found it to be random, and you just need to be ready for either falling direction.

That's way worse than I thought it was, though!

Since I want to see you and Prozac play, I looked up his XBL tag for you:
Mercurial Hg

He also goes under this name sometimes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WxYUAnYVmE&list=UUVlWLQhPaakw4lA_H4ceBUg&index=1&feature=plcp

Merc yer Eel

Wow, that just goes to show....you never stop playing. Holy shit.

But yeah I've fought the guy and beaten him in sets, so yeah Smurf you can probably take him easily in a set. Granted your team just eats me alive anyway, but you're smart and patient.

He wasn't using a Frank West team when I fought him though.....at least I don't think he was.

FSLink

Banned

Definitely, your Task on point is probably what I'm afraid of most with Hagger and Hawkeye backing him up, haha.

I think I played that guy a few times when I still had Live...what other teams does he use besides that Frank team in that video?

Uggh, Danteeeee! I've been trying to do this corner combo I made up, but I keep messing up the Sky Dance, Acid Rain, Volcano links. SO HARD

jH, MH6H bc Volcano jc jH xx Air Play, jH, MH xx Cold Shower xx Prop Shredder jc Acid Rain, jM xx Hammer, Volcano xx Bee Hive, S xx Clay Pigeon, Stinger lvl.2 bc Sky Dance, Acid Rain, Volcano jc Hammer, A1(Sentinel Drones) + Million Carats, Sky Dance, Acid Rain, Volcano jc Hammer, Volcano xx Bee Hive xx Million Dollars

Is it even possible to do Acid rain to Hammer multiple times? It's so hard. But this should do an extra 50k or so on top of my normal BnB so I'm trying to figure it out.

also, I'm really close to my dream combo. I've been trying to find a devil trigger combo where it runs out right as the opponent wakes up after a grapple reset. Just enough time so that it cancels flight during the startup and I get an instant overhead mixup.

Top Bottom