• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

You don't want X23 getting solo combos off her OTG. It may be harder than Doom's but it becomes the same thing. Remember she has a LVL3 unlockable and she would be able to combo after it solo without XF and assist.

The only change on Ankle Slice that was needed was that it came out faster, that's it. This was basically a change to make her OTG like Wolverines, faster and reliable so she can combo off throws

You don't want X23 getting solo combos off her OTG. It may be harder than Doom's but it becomes the same thing. Remember she has a LVL3 unlockable and she would be able to combo after it solo without XF and assist.

The only change on Ankle Slice that was needed was that it came out faster, that's it. This was basically a change to make her OTG like Wolverines, faster and reliable so she can combo off throws
I specified that it can only link into s.L, so she won't be doing relaunches with this.

I want her to be able to combo off of her level 3. We let Shuma-Gorath do it, so why can't X-23? They're basically the same hyper.

Dahbomb

Alright then the change you want to convey is that:

*Uncharged version works like Wolverine's Slide. Needs assist with it, move of choice for throw pick ups

*Charged version has increased hit stun + better recovery to allow linking of normals after it for some solo relaunches. HSD prevents more than 1 or 2 relaunches.

So you need to word this a bit better.

Also I think the j.M hit box increase are legit. Move is definitely inconsistent for combos.

X-23:
*Angle Slice charged version startup time reduced to 30 frames and allows for a s.L link afterward; cannot be canceled into Weapon X Prime; non-charged version now OTGs with minimal hitstun (can connect Rage Trigger); assist version comes out in 35 frames.
*Rage Trigger now causes a soft knockdown.
*Weapon X Prime causes a hard knockdown.
*Slight hitstun increase on aerial normals.
*Untechable time after air and ground throws increased.
*M/H Talon cancelable into Talon L. If canceled through other Talons it causes a hard knockdown, other wise it stays as it is (ie. doing Talon L after Crescent Scythe is the same as it is now)
*Health changed to 900,000.
*X-23 is considered airborne for all frames of her Mirage Feint moves.
*Talon Attack M hitstun increased.
*j.M hitbox increased slightly.

Assists: Crescent Scythe H, Ankle Slice, Neck Slice (Charged)

Tirael

Mango Sentinel what happens when you do Proton Cannon XF Proton at mid screen?
I just tested this out of curiosity, they air recover if you let it complete, they hit the ground and recover if you cancel it before completion. And that's even if you start point blank, the initial burst doesn't hit them. Works in the corner, though, but only if you cancel it before completion so the burst hits them.

Dahbomb

I just tested this out of curiosity, they air recover if you let it complete, they hit the ground and recover if you cancel it before completion. And that's even if you start point blank, the initial burst doesn't hit them. Works in the corner, though.
Wow so in our changes Iron Man STILL can't PC XF PC?

We need to have a second look at this.

Mango Sentinel what happens when you do Proton Cannon XF Proton at mid screen?
It misses....but not because they recover but because it starts up too slow. When I used to play iron man a lot I would combo into proton cannon and then xf dash and do a cr. M and then super again. Full screen I don't think you can do anything. So if it caused a spinning state like Dante does then it would be better. Another note is that it may not cause soft knockdown on the second to last hit....it may be a couple hits before that. I usually xf about 5 hits before it ends

Dahbomb

I see this makes sense now. Yea it definitely does not cause the float if you do it right before the final hit... so you probably had to do it earlier to get the effect.

Seems like we just need to adjust the soft knockdown to the Dante version where there are spinning.

Damn PC sucks so much it boggles my mind sometimes.

Oh and regarding the Felicia being negative on hit during rolling buckler, I should have brought up that it happens mostly during happy birthdays when the assist dies and my input gets eaten. It also happens if I stuff a super but the screen froze. I know this was addressed during system changes so it's a moot point, but I wanted it to be understood why I have a problem with it. Happens more frequently on the ps3 version. Suppose it's the framerate shit or something, I dunno.

Dahbomb

I'm hesitant on giving Iron Man that Magneto-like movement while also giving him double beam hypers.
He can already do double beam hypers if he dashes up with Repulsar Blast after XF. The problem is full screen you can't confirm anything.

And no one is getting hit by a full screen Proton Cannon punish... ROFLMAO! He would have to DHC into it. Storm can easily follow up her hyper with XF, regardless of screen.

Whatever, its a minor issue... as long as I get my air/ ground dash stuff

He can already do double beam hypers if he dashes up with Repulsar Blast after XF. The problem is full screen you can't confirm anything.

And no one is getting hit by a full screen Proton Cannon punish... ROFLMAO! He would have to DHC into it. Storm can easily follow up her hyper with XF, regardless of screen.

Whatever, its a minor issue... as long as I get my air/ ground dash stuff
I usually hit people with prediction Proton Cannon.

Two new Firebrand video tech thingies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmc7q3g-kqA&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwg3g0917B8&feature=player_embedded

X-23:
*Ankle Slice now always OTGs; charged version start up time reduced to 30 frames and recovers fast enough to allow for a solo launch via s.L; cannot be canceled into Weapon X Prime; no longer staggers; assist version comes out in 35 frames.
*M/H Talon cancelable into Talon L. If canceled through other Talons it causes a hard knockdown, other wise it stays as it is (ie. doing Talon L after Crescent Scythe is the same as it is now)

That feels sloppy, but I think it addresses all the problems.

Going to leave the X-23 changes mostly to Luis -- he knows the character better than I do (and treats her right by playing her on point).

I believe these changes give people a way to justify picking her over Wolverine outside of Silent Kill (Dirt Nap). These should facilitate better SJ conversions for her whether through air throw or special hit -- provided she can do something like (air) Crescent Scythe L xx Talon H xx Talon L (knockdown).

It addresses away her 2 current problems (IMO) -- opponent super jumps and needing 3 assists to reach full potential.

Health buff makes ALL kinds of sense.

I added some suggestions for each character:

Spider-man:
*Web Glide can no longer be block canceled.
*Web Ball H (assist) is unaffected by hitstun deterioration.
*Spider Bite (assist) hits overhead and caused a ground bounce.
*Spider Swing input changed to f.H.
*Ultimate Web Throw hitbox changed to better match the animation; startup reduced to 15+3.
*Untechable time after Maximum Spider increased slightly; now possible to OTG follow-up.
*Standing and crouching normals now pull opponents in more.

Assists: Web Ball H, Web Swing H, Spider Sting H x Spider Bite

- Sting Assist into bite is legit.

- Web Swing H assist is fine as well, though there's less reason to use it even if it gains invincibility as a CC since sting xx bite CC will give you a pretty hefty combo, has invincibility into active frames, and has a good enough hitbox to stuff most things.

- Web Ball M would likely be better for assist -- the startup on H is too long and while H would be better for certain extended combos, M at full hitstun is more usable for a wider array of characters and combos, and will lead to silly resets because certain character can actually dash under an opponent stuck in a web ball.

- Normals pulling characters in a bit more is a good change. I would add a bit more hitstun on the air ones for better super jump conversion would be fair as well. Currently, his SJ combo conversion require you not to use his air dash and web zip previously -- with such a floaty jump and most of his air offense being initiated via his air mobility, I think easing up on this requirement would be okay. Doesn't have any ridiculous hitboxes in the air abuse it either -- only thing that comes close is jH being a bit of a lance.

- I think the UWT Change is a fair trade.

- MS change is good and brings the character full circle with a) startup invincibility on all hypers and b) comboability on all hypers, in exchange for not being able to miss them without eating shit. Brings the threat back to the hyper beyond good distance punish and XF combos.

- Web Swing input being changed -- unless this is separate from the special move, I don't know that that change makes sense. Which version does it become -- I'd assume the L one? How much hitstun do you want to leave on it so he has an air ender he can cancel into MS?

And then, Spider-Man's pressure has a lot of forward jumps in it, and losing his fairly solid jump H to something that is easily air thrown on block seems like a net negative. Oddly enough it would make the character a bit more demanding IMO, but I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Gets a little messy to me. Either an input switch with web throw or leaving it as is -- so it can retain the three strengths -- is the best solution. Again, disregard essay if separate from special move.

- I think taking the web glide block away from him would be bad juju. The character doesn't have enough cheap hitboxes or mixup to justify taking it away. Once he's in your face, pushblock still messes with his offense, his chip game consists of a move that does 3k on block, and the high low isn't "truly" there since his lows are either stubby or have huge startup.

To take it further, the answer would be the 11-frame-faster UWT, but if he can't get close to you, he can't force you to chicken block and get hit by the UWT.

Compare this to his counterpart in Spencer, who has 8 way zips instead of 4, a strong overhead, a solid ranged low and a both a ground/aerial no-flash command grab, and Parker becomes much less scary when he's in your face.

The safeness and variety of his mobility should still be the main reason to choose Peter over Spencer -- it's his defining characteristic in (U)MvC3 -- and taking away the web glide block cancel is a major blow. It allows his movement to be very dynamic, and makes him the safest gap closer in the game. I think he should be allow to close the gap very easily since once he's there...he's kind of low on the totem as far as cracking people.

tl; dr -- should be able to block cancel zip.

Nothing else to add or takeaway. I'm partial to the "how does (s)he stack up to the other counterparts/archetypes" approach, as you can see. Been watching in the shadows, most changes are good.

Hawkeye, while perfect as is, would get torn up by a bunch of new characters, haha.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh yeah biggest thing,

Air Delta Kick no longer drops in happy birthday situations

edit: removed toy touch thing as it currently works like that and I'm an idiot

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wait

It doesn't already?

That doesn't make any sense, it's not a projectile that gets used up like Wesker's Samurai Edge.

Pretty sure it doesn't that or im on crack right now. Give me a sec to gauge how much drugs I'm consuming. I just know she can't happy birthday for shit

Edit: I'm on crack :D it works it's delta kick that's fucked up

Dahbomb

Yeah the more I think about Web Swing the more I think you really have to leave it as is with only a change from HCB to QCB.

Web Swing has 3 versions so if you map it to just f+H he only has access to one version. Most people prefer the L version but the H version does more damage... so you would have to give it a frame data where it has the best of all versions. That will probably make it TOO easy but that's really how it should've been from the start. Having 3 versions of that move is just unnecessary unless there were more unique properties to them.

Capcom designed themselves in a corner with the whole Web Swing + Web Throw stuff and the control inputs of the game. You either make Web Swing RDP and Web Throw HCB or you flip them. The only other control method that makes sense is making one of them QCB.

So my new propose control method is one of the following:

A) Web Swing: RDP, Web Throw: QCB
B) Web Swing: QCB, Web Throw: RDP

Spider Man players can choose between the two.

H Web Swing does soft knockdown.

The delta kick working during happy birthdays would be nice but since I've had to deal with it this whole time, I completely forgot.

H Web Swing does soft knockdown.

Only early on in a combo, at least with the air version anyway. A late SJ MS combo will confirm this.

For the ground version, I don't think it does but eh I could be wrong -- if I'm using a ground H Swing, it's for a pretty shit frame trap that works more often than it should, haha.

Interesting....KBR is dropping Sentinel for Shuma: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8BR6_LxKk

These combos are so strange.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the more I think about Web Swing the more I think you really have to leave it as is with only a change from HCB to QCB.

Web Swing has 3 versions so if you map it to just f+H he only has access to one version. Most people prefer the L version but the H version does more damage... so you would have to give it a frame data where it has the best of all versions. That will probably make it TOO easy but that's really how it should've been from the start. Having 3 versions of that move is just unnecessary unless there were more unique properties to them.

Capcom designed themselves in a corner with the whole Web Swing + Web Throw stuff and the control inputs of the game. You either make Web Swing RDP and Web Throw HCB or you flip them. The only other control method that makes sense is making one of them QCB.

So my new propose control method is one of the following:

A) Web Swing: RDP, Web Throw: QCB
B) Web Swing: QCB, Web Throw: RDP

Spider Man players can choose between the two.

The inputs are the reason I don't play Spider-Man. Doing reverse DP's mid-combos is for some reason the most awkward thing my hands have to do. I'm perfectly able to do the motions in rapid consecutive fashion like Dormammu teleports, or at the end of a combo for hypers, but midway through a speedy combo my brain freezes. It's one of the few moves that's mapped to something that doesn't match intuitively, but some subjectivity may be at play here.

The inputs are the reason I don't play Spider-Man. Doing reverse DP's mid-combos is for some reason the most awkward thing my hands have to do. I'm perfectly able to do the motions in rapid consecutive fashion like Dormammu teleports, or at the end of a combo for hypers, but midway through a speedy combo my brain freezes. It's one of the few moves that's mapped to something that doesn't match intuitively, but some subjectivity may be at play here.

I think it's a limit of his MSH grounded move set combined with 3 attack buttons.

Next go around, I think he should be done from the ground up. This is pretty much as spidery as his current set can be IMO - time for him and a bunch of others to graduate.

vg260

Yeah, that's why I don't like the way it is now. Standalone DPs or ones where you don't have to do an immediate follow up are much easier for me for some reason. I've gotten better at them, but they still are a nuisance playing Spidey to me. I wouldn't mind an extra little bit of timing leniency on the Spider-Sting 2nd hit too.

I think it's a limit of his MSH grounded move set combined with 3 attack buttons.

Next go around, I think he should be done from the ground up. This is pretty much as spidery as his current set can be IMO - time for him and a bunch of others to graduate.

Totally. Some of the MSH-era characters really need to get re-booted.

Dahbomb

If anyone has ANY change for any character or even system changes.... now would be a time to voice your concerns or suggestions. Tomorrow we are going to start revising the changes and maybe vote on the highly divisive issues. After that we are probably going to submit them to someone and start circulating it. I expect a lot of backlash but I don't care.

I will also make a more in depth write up of specific characters and why we made the changes that we did (like Viscant did). Plus of course... a new tier list.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

I agree. Wish they would have deviated from his previous iterations a lot more.

Gah, I'm just leaving Spider-man's inputs as they are. Learn how to do a dragon punch motion. That's day 1 stuff for playing a Capcom fighting game.

tl; dr -- should be able to block cancel zip.
I'm not willing to budge on that. The most I would be willing to do is left him be able to block X number of frames after letting go of the input like I suggested for Amaterasu. It's already an airdash that puts an opponent into blockstun automatically - that's really good.

If anyone has ANY change for any character or even system changes.... now would be a time to voice your concerns or suggestions. Tomorrow we are going to start revising the changes and maybe vote on the highly divisive issues. After that we are probably going to submit them to someone and start circulating it. I expect a lot of backlash but I don't care.

I will also make a more in depth write up of specific characters and why we made the changes that we did (like Viscant did). Plus of course... a new tier list.
I plan on doing the write-up, if you don't mind.

For the next week, everything is open to discussion. Next weekend, all five committee members will figure out a time to be online simultaneously, and we will cement everything.

Question: should I post links on SRK/GFAQs for community feedback for the next week?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I guess I'll toss in my thoughts for Felicia:

- Cat Punch should cause a wallbounce or something. Karst said it should cause crumple. Either/or, imo. There just ought to be some kind of utility for it. There is literally no reason to use it right now. Its supposed purpose is that it's safer than the slide, but if you space the slide properly then that move is safe anyway.

- Wall cling and wall jump ought to be usable at super jump height. I guess? I dunno. I'm not really sure why she has this limitation.

- The aerial version of Delta Kick should either lose the starting upward kick (leaving just the quick downward descent) or just have it sped up considerably. That move has an awful lot of start-up.

- The hitstun on Rolling Buckler crossover counter should be returned to vanilla MvC3 levels. She used to get full combos off of this. She can't in Ultimate.

- The Sand Splash assist should be changed to Toy Touch. It's just a better OTG all around: faster, hits low, picks up multiple characters.

- Having Air Delta Kick not randomly drop in happy birthdays would be nice, but I'm not sure if this would require a system-wide change or something. IIRC other moves that cause ground-bounce have similar issues.

- Buff Kitty Helper. I know it probably sounds greedy and crazy to buff a move that sets up self-unblockables, but hear me out: Felicia is a rushdown pixie with no high/low game. She doesn't tri-dash all over your dome. She doesn't have a grounded overhead. And her air normals suck as instant overheads; their hitboxes are very high above the ground and the only character that is remotely easy to fuzzy guard and convert into a full combo is Sentinel. And Kitty Helper is not only pretty easy to run away from, it's also not unfeasible for the opponent to weave around its slow attack a lot of times and get in on Felicia anyway. Pretty much the only situation in which you're guaranteed to get some use out of it is on a corner incoming mix-up against a character who has no air options, and if they successfully block you once and push you out they're good. That's pretty limited. So I'd just make the helper run considerably faster and jump considerably farther so that it isn't as difficult to establish pressure with it. Check how it works in Vampire Savior for a reference. It'd also be nice if it didn't disappear when Felicia uses a snapback (she'd be spending 2 meters for a setup at this point, 1 for the helper and 1 for the snap, which is a decent amount of resources to invest), and it'd also be nice if it didn't disappear after being grabbed by Shuma (why is this a thing...).

I'm pretty good with everything else. Someone mentioned making Cat & Mouse special-cancelable. I'm not sure if it's a wise idea to give her an invincible dash that can be chained into a 1-frame command grab that she can solo-combo from.

Jump-cancelable Rolling Uppercut would be... weird. No soft knockdown on Dancing Flash pls (I'm good with it as-is: the 9th hit having knockdown, with the final hits launching the opponent).

PS: Hawkeye's s.H should fire at a consistent, low height, instead of the random height that it currently fires at. It would be nice to be able to complete Net Arrow loops without having to manually aim downward for each s.H arrow to ensure that they don't drop.

PPS: Taskmaster's Spidey Swing should auto-correct when the opponent goes behind him. Not sure why this was taken away in Ultimate.

I guess I'll toss in my thoughts for Felicia:

- Cat Punch should cause a wallbounce or something. Karst said it should cause crumple. Either/or, imo. There just ought to be some kind of utility for it. There is literally no reason to use it right now. Its supposed purpose is that it's safer than the slide, but if you space the slide properly then that move is safe anyway.

- Wall cling and wall jump ought to be usable at super jump height. I guess? I dunno. I'm not really sure why she has this limitation.
Added.

- The aerial version of Delta Kick should either lose the starting upward kick (leaving just the quick downward descent) or just have it sped up considerably. That move has an awful lot of start-up.
Isn't it fair for its priority and benefits?

- The hitstun on Rolling Buckler crossover counter should be returned to vanilla MvC3 levels. She used to get full combos off of this. She can't in Ultimate.
I think this is covered by a system change.

- The Sand Splash assist should be changed to Toy Touch. It's just a better OTG all around: faster, hits low, picks up multiple characters.
Isn't Sand Splash good for being anti-projectile, adding pressure, etc?

- Having Air Delta Kick not randomly drop in happy birthdays would be nice, but I'm not sure if this would require a system-wide change or something. IIRC other moves that cause ground-bounce have similar issues.
Does it drop randomly, or does it always only pick up one character?

- Buff Kitty Helper. I know it probably sounds greedy and crazy to buff a move that sets up self-unblockables, but hear me out: Felicia is a rushdown pixie with no high/low game. She doesn't tri-dash all over your dome. She doesn't have a grounded overhead. And her air normals suck as instant overheads; their hitboxes are very high above the ground and the only character that is remotely easy to fuzzy guard and convert into a full combo is Sentinel. And Kitty Helper is not only pretty easy to run away from, it's also not unfeasible for the opponent to weave around its slow attack a lot of times and get in on Felicia anyway. Pretty much the only situation in which you're guaranteed to get some use out of it is on a corner incoming mix-up against a character who has no air options, and if they successfully block you once and push you out they're good. That's pretty limited. So I'd just make the helper run considerably faster and jump considerably farther so that it isn't as difficult to establish pressure with it. Check how it works in Vampire Savior for a reference. It'd also be nice if it didn't disappear when Felicia uses a snapback (she'd be spending 2 meters for a setup at this point, 1 for the helper and 1 for the snap, which is a decent amount of resources to invest), and it'd also be nice if it didn't disappear after being grabbed by Shuma (why is this a thing...).
We're at 10 changes for Felicia, so you'd have to give something up for this. I'm not opposed to Kitty Helper changes.

I'm pretty good with everything else. Someone mentioned making Cat & Mouse special-cancelable. I'm not sure if it's a wise idea to give her an invincible dash that can be chained into a 1-frame command grab that she can solo-combo from.
If she does it randomly, it's pretty easy to punish by dashing back and hitting her, I think.

Jump-cancelable Rolling Uppercut would be... weird. No soft knockdown on Dancing Flash pls (I'm good with it as-is: the 9th hit having knockdown, with the final hits launching the opponent).
Felicia players are split on this; I'd like some conversation to take place.

PS: Hawkeye's s.H should fire at a consistent, low height, instead of the random height that it currently fires at. It would be nice to be able to complete Net Arrow loops without having to manually aim downward for each s.H arrow to ensure that they don't drop.
Do you have a video showing the random height of s.H? I've never noticed this.

PPS: Taskmaster's Spidey Swing should auto-correct when the opponent goes behind him. Not sure why this was taken away in Ultimate.
Make Taskmaster players use their brains a little bit!

One last thing for Spider-Man -- give him a wall cling. Would make a ton more sense than his wall jump.
Does he have a momentary cling animation during the wall jump? I'll add it in if so, but if not, that's a new animation and the rules say no.

Sixfortyfive

Isn't Sand Splash good for being anti-projectile, adding pressure, etc?
As an assist? Not really, imo. The only reason anyone uses it is for an OTG. Might as well swap it out for a better OTG. Unless you want to make Sand Splash also hit low or something. That'd be pretty rad. And probably dumb.

Does it drop randomly, or does it always only pick up one character?
It depends on who the point and assist are. I *think* it connects on both opponents if the point hurtbox is bigger than the assist hurtbox, and drops both opponents if the assist hurtbox is bigger. I haven't done thorough testing. I just know that the behavior is consistent according to the opposing characters.

We're at 10 changes for Felicia, so you'd have to give something up for this. I'm not opposed to Kitty Helper changes.
Just move this one up on the list. I think it's probably the most useful. I can deal with ADK being unreliable in birthdays or no assist changes.

Felicia players are split on this; I'd like some conversation to take place.
A completed Dancing Flash shouldn't cause a knockdown. She has a good air throw. She has a decent anti-air. Forcing an aerial recovery has certain applications to it. You can cut the move short by 3 hits if you really need a knockdown as-is.

Do you have a video showing the random height of s.H? I've never noticed this.
Just fire up training mode and press H a few times. The arrow comes out at a random height. Practice OTG s.H -> net arrow loops long enough without aiming it, and you're sure to see it sail over some characters' heads with varying frequency. Fire off a few fully-charged H's and you should notice that they have a slightly different arrangement each time.

I'm not sold on Toy Touch becoming an assist; I think its hitbox is really tiny and it would be hard to OTG with for a lot of characters for positional reasons.

Felicia:
*Health increased to 900,000.
*Delta Kick H assist pushes opponents back significantly on block; point Delta Kick now hits multiple characters.
*Cat & Mouse is now special cancelable, distance increased slightly.
*Kitty Helper summon now runs slightly faster and jumps slightly farther.
*Dash speed increased slightly.
*Neko Punch now causes a crumple state.
*Rolling Uppercut is now jump cancelable off of the opponent on block or hit.
*Cat Spike M vertical hitbox increased downward; now hits crouching characters more consistently.
*Toy Touch hitstun returned to Vanilla status.
*Sand Splash projectile hit points increased to 5; blockstun increased; assist version startup reduced to 35 frames.
*Wall jump and wall cling now available at superjump height.

Assists: Rolling Buckler L + Rolling Slide, Sand Splash H, Delta Kick H

Does he have a momentary cling animation during the wall jump? I'll add it in if so, but if not, that's a new animation and the rules say no.

He doesn't, but I believe in MSH-MvC2 it just stole his animation from Maximum Spider -- no reason they couldn't do the same I would think.

RE: Hawkeye's s.H -- is it really random? Seems pretty samey most of the time to me, it's just that the negative (positive?) edge from the special followups seem to tweak the trajectory, it's more feathery than a Toyota's handling.

PS driving a Toyota sucks, feels like a go-kart. Mazdas and Nissans yo.

Sixfortyfive

She really doesn't need an HP boost or a better dash, either. Her plink dash is just good enough to convert off of her forward ground throw as-is. Dash forward Sand Splash is a decent if kind of ghetto way to close distance, too. It's fine.

Jump cancelable Rolling Uppercut still doesn't make any sense.

Joke option request: Give back her head perch and/or hug command taunt from Darkstalkers.

I want opinions on whether I should post our rough draft patch note list on other websites tomorrow for discussion and feedback.

She really doesn't need an HP boost or a better dash, either. Her plink dash is just good enough to convert off of her forward ground throw as-is. Dash forward Sand Splash is a decent if kind of ghetto way to close distance, too. It's fine.

Jump cancelable Rolling Uppercut still doesn't make any sense.

Joke option request: Give back her head perch and/or hug command taunt from Darkstalkers.
Tell me how to make Rolling Uppercut worth using, then.

Players shouldn't have to plink dash to convert off of their throws.

Dahbomb

I want opinions on whether I should post our rough draft patch note list on other websites tomorrow for discussion and feedback.
Nah its way too early. Some of the stuff is definitely not thought over well enough.

For characters that we were kinda weak on for changes you can post in their respective SRK forum though.

Posting the changes without context and explanations is just going to lead to tremendous backlash as opposed to feedback and constructive criticism.

I like those Felica changes by the way.

Sixfortyfive

Players shouldn't have to plink dash to convert off of their throws.
It's the only throw she has that is even remotely difficult to convert from in the first place, and only for small characters. I can live with that. Heck, the only time you should be using that throw anyway is when she's in s.H wars with Hulk, who is relatively easy to convert.

Rolling Uppercut is decent at disrupting certain kinds of normal-jump-height offense. It's not amazing or anything but it's also not a huge hole in her game.

ZeroCDR

Going off what's presently posted in the OP changelog, I just had a few thoughts:

Damage Changes:
*All character health increased by 20% (individually changed character health does not factor this in).
I'm not really a fan of this. It sounds like it would drag games out and make things difficult for low damage characters. Characters doing too much damage is a problem in the current game, but I feel individual nerfs and TAC changes would address that.

Debated:
*Air and ground dashes enabled pre-match. OR No pre-match movement.

I like it the way it is now.

Iron Man:
*Smart Bomb now differs in trajectory by input: L version closer to Iron Man, H version furthest away; hitbox significantly increased; can now be charged: after 15 additional frames of charging, gains a larger hitbox, more hitstun, more durability, and descends slower; assist version has 35 frames of startup.

I'd still like to also see the input change to S+Atk, I saw some support for it throughout the thread and I've seen this on wishlists over the years. It's a far more reliable input and that's how it was in MvC2 anyway. SRK's are occasionally problematic for a lot of people especially mid-combo.

Spider-man:
*Spider Swing input changed to f.H.

I like this change for the same reason as Iron Man above, assuming this is supposed to be Web Swing, but there are 3 strengths of Web Swing so I would rather see it go to QCB+Atk.

Wolverine:

*Wavedashing with Wolverine is less likely to activate Berserker Charge.

I don't know if there's much they can do about that aside from a new input, this just means you aren't wavedashing properly. The same thing happens to Ryu.

Zero:
*Soft knockdown on Raikousen removed; minimum hitstun remains high; Lightning Loops still possible.
*Raikousen canceled by Buster no longer creates a hitbox.
*Level 3 buster startup increased to 10, requires 180 charging frames, hits 9 times; projectile is now 9x1 durability.
I'd rather the scaling for Raikousen be fixed. I'm not a fan of lightning loops to begin with so I'd be happy if it were just gone, keep the soft knockdown.

Raikousen hitbox after cancel, not really sure how they can address it without removing the buster cancel entirely and that's too big a nerf.

Buster changes, I'm fine with the added hits and durability, but the charge time and startup should stay as it is.

FlyFaster

I'd still like to also see the input change to S+Atk, I saw some support for it throughout the thread and I've seen this on wishlists over the years. It's a far more reliable input and that's how it was in MvC2 anyway. SRK's are occasionally problematic for a lot of people especially mid-combo.

I agree. Anything that makes IM easier to play is a good thing. I vastly prefer the MvC2 input method.

It's a real pain in the ass to input SRK motions during his combos that involve flight canceling, air dash cancelling and other moves. Why create artificial execution barriers for IM when he's not very good to begin with? He also still won't be good with the tame changes you guys are "making" for him but that's another story.

Dahbomb

When you do the math on the 20% health the game isn't going to feel that different. Mostly because low health characters will still be under a million. People will still take a lot of damage and matches will end quick. And we made individual changes to characters as far as addressing damage inflation. I think every high damage character was addressed even Shuma was.

I made a giant post about why Spidey Swing change won't work. There's nothing we can do about that aside from making HCB into QCB and then swapping Web Throw with Web Swing. No matter what happens Spider Man is going to be stuck with an RDP motion.

We can change the input for Smart Bombs, I don't really care.

The pre match movement is still a heavily debated topic. I am for keeping things as is.

On Zero looking back, him Doom and Vergil were hit hardest. Doom we gave some buffs but Vergil and Zero were pretty much harshly nerfed characters. Zero I will definitely vouch for returning charge time to normal.

Sixfortyfive

I kind of want to slap anyone who wants to fuck with this game's throw system (be it inputs, frame data, break away distance, whatever). It's seriously one of my favorite aspects of the game. EDIT: Actually, I could probably get behind taking out diagonal throw option selects, but I'll be honest: It's only because I have no particular use for them. >_>

RE: Hawkeye's s.H -- is it really random? Seems pretty samey most of the time to me, it's just that the negative (positive?) edge from the special followups seem to tweak the trajectory, it's more feathery than a Toyota's handling.
You dolts got me to hook up my 360 and monitor just to make sure I could re-confirm something I was already positive of in the first place. Yes, the height is random, and there's some pretty significant variance on it. Just mash that H button and see for yourself.

SmokeMaxX

Arthur:
Change Gold Armor to down, down input to better fight teleporting characters (no need to guess which side TPers appear on and Arthur's moveset is already inherently weak to TPers).
Either make armor break soft knockdown, hard knockdown but invincible until tech roll, or pops Arthur out but allows air tech.

Luis

Neo Member
X-23:
*Angle Slice charged version startup time reduced to 30 frames and allows for a s.L link afterward; cannot be canceled into Weapon X Prime; non-charged version now OTGs with minimal hitstun (can connect Rage Trigger); assist version comes out in 35 frames.
*j.M hitbox increased slightly.

Will Crescent Scythe > Talon M/H > Talon L work? if so Kreygasm.

I went back and looked up the hitbox video of X23 from the Vita version and the a big reason why it looks like j.M hitbox whiffs is because the move comes out but its only active for a couple of frames but at the same time the animation stays on the screen. It would be like Ryu's j.S or Haggers jumping buttslam(j.m?) Also im not familiar with other hitboxes but is it normal for a hitbox to not extend to the tip of the animation? If its not, then some of X23's normals needs to be extended a little bit seeing as how its misleading as it stands.

Top Bottom