• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Frantic

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";92507491]I want to be a stylish Dante. Optimizing his combos is kinda... depressing.[/QUOTE]Well, what I primarily mean by optimizing his combos is meter gain with ease of setup/use taken into consideration. Damage is less of an issue with my team(since I can technically loop supers indefinitely with my teams as long as I have the meter for it), so I don't really optimize for it that severely. Even in situations where Dante does half(or less) the damage of other characters, he can usually build 1.5-2 meters doing it, which is better than the vast majority of the cast.

Dahbomb

I am just going to leave this here.

iVBypFiQOBKJ7.gif

Vice

I'm close to hitting 1 million damage solo with Nova, no assists and no read health. Have to get fly-unfly down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iENXf6VTlRE

That first match god damn. Also every PW player is a Hulk player!

God damn that is some good play and some interesting matches and ideas.

Also random Hulk question. How the hell do Hulk players combo after gamma wave L into S or dragon punch gamma charge H. It has to be character specific or something. I see good Hulk players do it but everytime I try in training mode it doesn't work. Anybody know?

Vice

I'm listening...

I hope you post a video of it when you get it down.

It's not too complex

Notation is LMHS >j.Hxflight > j.hxUnfly > j.hx Rocketpunch.L > j.H > H > S > j.H x Gravimetric pulse MxGravimetric blaster > J.HxNova Force

Gets 940k that way.

With no red health you just have to be below the opponent when you use Gravimetric Pulse M so that the blaster connects at the tip of their feet. The link after is easy. With red health you don't need to worry about position. Works on medium and small characters. Maybe a smaller big body like Haggar or Hulk. Sentinel is too big.

Linking two supers that way works with any combo that carries to the corner.

I've never heard of or remembered neokarsh until now, but holy shit he really shows the potential for the team I use. Makes me wish I had more time to practice this game. Maybe over the holidays; I took an extended vacation from work.

So I was explaining to my girlfriend why I was taking Magneto off the Hawkeye team.

"Magneto not good enough for Hawkeye? You mean Hawkeye's not good enough for your Magneto team."

You were right Karst. Point Magneto.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";92568838]So I was explaining to my girlfriend why I was taking Magneto off the Hawkeye team.

"Magneto not good enough for Hawkeye? You mean Hawkeye's not good enough for your Magneto team."

You were right Karst. Point Magneto.[/QUOTE]
She proves to be a keeper once more!

smurfx

get some go again
hahaha i was playing somebody and they were down to pixel deadpool and they teleported exploded for the loss. i taunted with task and got the laughing taunt so it was all perfect.

Dahbomb

I might have accepted it if Akuma wasn't the first character on the list and anyone who sees that starting off would just dismiss the entire list and close it then go on the internet complaining about it.

I think if you want to making Raging Demon unique you have to do something other than just give it extra damage or post hit follow up. Something like making it 1 frame instantaneous horizontal travel so that if you are grounded anywhere on the screen you will get hit by it. It will be unique in that it has instant ground coverage with full invincibility but you can't combo into it or out of it unlike other LVL3s.. It will have utility over his other supers in that he would be able to punish characters full screen away without worrying about then blocking his beam or have his beam be countered or X factored. At 1 frame instant not even XF can save you from Raging Demon.

It will have utility over his other supers in that he would be able to punish characters full screen away without worrying about then blocking his beam or have his beam be countered

It already does that really well...

I mean, you can punish plasma beam on reaction with it from the other side of the screen.

Do share :>

jS xx lk air tatsu, H6H xx demon flip palm, jMHS xx air fireball, jMHS xx air fireball, jMHS xx lk air tatsu, 2HS, jMMH xx lk air tatsu xx hyper popcorn, jS, demon flip dive kick

909,000 damage, meter positive no assists

Dahbomb

No I am talking it being like an instant command throw on the ground only its the entire ground in terms of coverage. Basically anyone not holding up back by the time you turn on Raging Demon they will get hit by it.

Dahbomb

That is more dangerous than 900k.
You are just worried that he would be able to insta gib Dark Phoenix. ;D

Anyway this was just a suggestion, not really a serious one. The point I was making is that this is the type of change that has to be on the hyper to justify the fact that you can't combo into it and you can't combo out of it. Either it is insanely easy to hit or it leads to a shit ton of damage. Being able to combo after it while good doesn't make Raging Demon unique in the game. Again the problem also comes that you need to justify the use of randomly throwing out this hyper over using his other beam hyper 3 times.

Give akuma a shin akuma power up super that

-makes him throw 2 air fireballs at a time
-slightly increases damage and speed
-slowly recovers red health
-900k demon
-faster teleport

vdsVDpc.gif

It's not too complex

Notation is LMHS >j.Hxflight > j.hxUnfly > j.hx Rocketpunch.L > j.H > H > S > j.H x Gravimetric pulse MxGravimetric blaster > J.HxNova Force

Gets 940k that way.

With no red health you just have to be below the opponent when you use Gravimetric Pulse M so that the blaster connects at the tip of their feet. The link after is easy. With red health you don't need to worry about position. Works on medium and small characters. Maybe a smaller big body like Haggar or Hulk. Sentinel is too big.

Linking two supers that way works with any combo that carries to the corner.

Thanks! I'll need to try this next time I hit the lab.

-900k demon

And longer limbs!

Sigmaah

No I am talking it being like an instant command throw on the ground only its the entire ground in terms of coverage. Basically anyone not holding up back by the time you turn on Raging Demon they will get hit by it.

I like it! If we can't have 900K, I'll take that!

-900k demon

vdsVDpc.gif

I like this too!

Dahbomb

If you are going to give Akuma a powered up state then he has to have an air dash too like Oni.

Man so much potential with a powered up Akuma/Oni. He has so many unused moves from the SF/VS canon.

onionfrog

-900k demon
-faster teleport

vdsVDpc.gif
Now this would've justified his nerf to 750k health in the transition to Ultimate!

What's going on with the patch notes right now?
We should send them to Combofiend at/before Capcom Cup.

Dahbomb

Now this would've justified his nerf to 750k health in the transition to Ultimate!

What's going on with the patch notes right now?
We should send them to Combofiend at/before Capcom Cup.
That's the plan, I have put up a deadline for next Wednesday. Still waiting on Frantic and Zissou to comment along with Karst to implement some of my changes.

They are mostly complete though, you can read them here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-3fDxvOvPXaCOrS71_f_Nl0tGxnoa2wS-rqqI4BOGf8/edit?pli=1

Most of the problems with Akuma are things that we can't really improve without making him really stupid and uninteresting. His real problem is that he has stubby normals when in something like SF4 he has excellent normals. He also lacks a lot of tools he used to have like if he had that command grab move from SF4 but he could use on aerial opponents that would be so godlike on him. Or if he had Oni's air dash, punch dive and Berserker Slash in this game... he would be a real contender. All of these things count as new moves so we can't really suggest them.

onionfrog

That's the plan, I have put up a deadline for next Wednesday. Still waiting on Frantic and Zissou to comment along with Karst to implement some of my changes.

They are mostly complete though, you can read them here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-3fDxvOvPXaCOrS71_f_Nl0tGxnoa2wS-rqqI4BOGf8/edit?pli=1
Cool.
I've read through the notes already and given Karst some feedback.

I'll read through them again once they're finalized.

I can't believe it's a full 90 pages!! 0_0
Most of the problems with Akuma are things that we can't really improve without making him really stupid and uninteresting. His real problem is that he has stubby normals when in something like SF4 he has excellent normals. He also lacks a lot of tools he used to have like if he had that command grab move from SF4 but he could use on aerial opponents that would be so godlike on him. Or if he had Oni's air dash, punch dive and Berserker Slash in this game... he would be a real contender. All of these things count as new moves so we can't really suggest them.
Akuma would be really crazy with all those extra moves! I'd love to see it happen if we ever get an MVC4!

bryt

Hey all, do you guys do match analysis? I'm trying to get my game up to the next level and it's really hard for me. I can beat everyone in my local scene, but when I travel I don't really do well. Is it okay if I post a few matches to get analyzed? I play ZMC btw, yeah I know broken, lol.

Hey all, do you guys do match analysis? I'm trying to get my game up to the next level and it's really hard for me. I can beat everyone in my local scene, but when I travel I don't really do well. Is it okay if I post a few matches to get analyzed? I play ZMC btw, yeah I know broken, lol.
Not that I'm all that great but I'd be more than happy to point out anything I notice.

Dahbomb

You could've taken out DiosX in that pools match if it was 3/5. Seems like you were one of the victims of pools being 2/3 play at EVO. Overall you seem like a solid player and you know what you are doing for sure... just need more tournament experience. You were going toe to toe with Ratanna and DiosX, they are top players so you are already on your way to getting there ie. going to the next level.

I think the main thing you need to do as Zero vs Doom is that you need to use that Raikousen laser that shoots more upwards so it catches Doom. You don't want Doom to start hanging out at that spot above Zero because that's a spot that Zero has trouble with. You kinda want to go in on Doom either over him or right under him and call Jam Session. If things start to not go you way don't be afraid to turn on Sogenmu. You should watch some Flux match and see how he leverages Sogenmu in the neutral to turn the tide of battle. Other than that your few mistakes in the set involved pressing a button with the Sparda sons when you shouldn't have (like pressing j.H with Dante in the air like you are playing Zero or Vergil only to get bopped for it). You especially seem to press buttons right after a push block which results in you getting tagged by something (happened in the DiosX match where you got clocked by the Rocket Punch and then again in the Rattana match where you got Stingered after the push block). In that second Rattana match you should've snapped in Vergil as soon as you landed a hit on Doom as Vergil... that's like standard play against Vergil teams man you can't afford to let him come in with XF3 on deck he will do the random hyper into a character death and then an incoming which usually leads into more characters dead. You did that in the next game though which was good but this is a common mistake that a lot of players make in that they only start snapping in Vergil when they got dumped on by him once in a set. In a 3/5 you can't afford to give one game away and that's what ended up happening... you went down the final game final character final decision and in the end Ratanna's years of experience sort of paid in dividends there.

In fact you should just start copying some of the stuff that Flux does as he plays your team and not only that you should try experimenting with Vergil second. After that I would say work on your defense in the neutral and get more matches in tournaments so your execution is solid there too (clearly you know how to do combos well but you dropped the soap in some crucial moments like happy birthdays which usually happens due to tournament nerves).

If it's possible you should try to make a visit to the FGTV or try to play FChamp online in sets. Your play against Magnetos and Dooms will improve drastically, every other Mag/Doom will just be easier for you if you can take games off of FChamp.

bryt

I never noticed that I pressed buttons after a push block and got hit so often. I will keep that in mind and try to work on it. And yeah there are no Mag/Doom players here at all so that's a matchup I really struggle with. I agree that tournament experience is something I really need because I still get extremely nervous when I'm not playing at my locals. During that EVO match against Dios X I was so nervous haha. Big stage and on stream >_<

I think I'll try playing Vergil second next time I play. I played Vergil second at the beginning of Ultimate, but my buddies kept telling me to switch him to last after we saw how ridiculous anchor Vergil was haha. I can see how Vergil/Jam Session could be good though, especially with the RT glitch.

Thanks for the advice Dahbomb and I'll be watching a lot of Flux videos!

Dahbomb

I never noticed that I pressed buttons after a push block and got hit so often. I will keep that in mind and try to work on it. And yeah there are no Mag/Doom players here at all so that's a matchup I really struggle with. I agree that tournament experience is something I really need because I still get extremely nervous when I'm not playing at my locals. During that EVO match against Dios X I was so nervous haha. Big stage and on stream >_<

I think I'll try playing Vergil second next time I play. I played Vergil second at the beginning of Ultimate, but my buddies kept telling me to switch him to last after we saw how ridiculous anchor Vergil was haha. I can see how Vergil/Jam Session could be good though, especially with the RT glitch.

Thanks for the advice Dahbomb and I'll be watching a lot of Flux videos!
Man trust me when I say you are better than you think you are. You just need to play in big tournaments more.
Dahbomb, I am waiting to implement your suggestions until I get feedback from everyone. I like to do this stuff on bulk.
Alright cool.

Dahbomb

Neo just did two Phoenix overheads in two different matches in a row and opened someone up to get Phoenix to 5 bars.

There is no legit reason why this overhead needs to be buffed especially with all the other buffs that Phoenix is getting.

Neo just did two Phoenix overheads in two different matches in a row and opened someone up to get Phoenix to 5 bars.

There is no legit reason why this overhead needs to be buffed especially with all the other buffs that Phoenix is getting.
Don't forget all the nerfs she is getting, which are much, much bigger than her buffs.

Top Bottom