• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

T.E.D

Banned
20j4wut.png

No ninja edit?

ghibli99

I completed the game with the genocide route, neutral route and true pacifist. Genocide route was definitely the worst way to experience the game. By the end, you won't learn anything about the monsters or even your own character. True Pacifist was by far the most fulfilling way to experience the game.

To be honest, Undertale caught me by surprise. I never expected that I would be so emotionally invested in the story and its characters.

An unforgettable journey and my game of the year.
Well said, and reflects my feelings exactly. It'll get my vote.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yeah they shipped out my determination pack. :) It will probably get here on Monday when I'm out of town for Christmas but totes looking forward to opening it up when I get back!

Finaj

Question:
for the fight with Asgore, if I want healing items, do I have to go all the way back to a merchant? And if so, anyone know the closest one?

Weiss

Banned
Question:
for the fight with Asgore, if I want healing items, do I have to go all the way back to a merchant? And if so, anyone know the closest one?

Yep. Burgerpants is closest, but if you're on Pacifist then Crab Apples at Gerson's in Waterfall are cheaper and will heal most of your health.

1upsuper

Half of my combo pack arrived today! I'm actually a bit surprised that they both didn't arrive around the same time, but it doesn't really matter. The shirts are quite nice. I didn't take the discount, so
I got the happy family photo. I heard someone say that they got an extra pin for taking the discount, but I have a feeling they thought that the Flowey winky pin only came with the discount. Is the little picture the only difference between the discount/non-discount combos?

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

Finished the Genocide route and beat the boss with one health to spare! Get dunked on
You already dead bastard!

But really though, Sans deserved to win. I was just thirsty for some blood.

Finaj

I have 3 health items, weapons and armor, but I can't for the life of me beat Asgore. Some of his attacks seem impossible to dodge.

I also just figured out I can't go full pacifist on my first run. At this rate I won't even complete the game once >_<

Kangi

I have 3 health items, weapons and armor, but I can't for the life of me beat Asgore. Some of his attacks seem impossible to dodge.

I also just figured out I can't go full pacifist on my first run. At this rate I won't even complete the game once >_<

If you've been pacifist up to this point, you don't have to restart after the neutral ending to do a pacifist run.

You're already neutral so go kill some stuff to buff up. If not, go back to Snowden and buy some bicycles. They heal twice per item which saved me on my pacifist run. Sleep in the Inn to boost your max heath too while you're there.

DNAbro

If I was doing a true pacifist run, I wouldn't be fighting Asgore period.

That's not how it works

you need to see the neutral ending first before true ending is available. If you do pacifist all the way through you don't have to replay the whole game. Just load up your save file afterward

Some things would definitely have to change and the stuff hidden in the (spoiler is guess? nothing plot related)
files would just probably not be there or he would have to create a direct way to access it.
Selling your SOUL would clearly be a hidden achievement/trophy, so it will forever be tied to your XBL/PSN account. No take-backs. You think you are above consequences?

Oh wow, that Undertale fangame is so well-done in terms of the battle mechanics. I feel like it got a little too fast/unavoidable as it went on, but the slicing gimmick was really clever.

I think the dialogue from the character fell flat, though.
Felt a little bit too ... trite? Not sure. But well done to the creators.

L95

Wat

My shirt is out for delivery.... right now????

Geeze, gotta go fast.

edit: and it's here! Fits perfect, I don't order clothes online much, so I was worried. >.>

mbpm1

You should be able to learn the rhythm/pattern for all his attacks except that damn spiralling attack that goes twice

FluxWaveZ

I can barely dodge his attacks. I don't know if my reflexes suck or if I'm fighting him wrong. Because I have to use healing items every turn, I can barely damage him.

I guess you can watch just the beginning of this video (SPOILERS): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqypnw6gQNg

Talking to him can reduce his attack/defense.

You're doing something wrong when it comes to the patterns if you have to heal every turn.

I can barely dodge his attacks. I don't know if my reflexes suck or if I'm fighting him wrong. Because I have to use healing items every turn, I can barely damage him.

Go to Snowden and stock up on bicycles. Sleep in the Inn for the HP bonus too.

And go buy the torn Notebook/Cloudy Glasses from the turtle. They give you longer invincibility when you're hit. You might want a stronger weapon but the other armor will help you out.

Finaj

Go to Snowden and stock up on bicycles. Sleep in the Inn for the HP bonus too.

And go buy the torn Notebook/Cloudy Glasses from the turtle. They give you longer invincibility when you're hit. You might want a stronger weapon but the other armor will help you out.

I did all of that, sadly. I'll keep trying, though (DETERMINATION).

Finaj

Out of curiosity, can the controls be changed? Trying to dodge this stuff with the arrow keys of a mechanical keyboard is a pain.

EDIT: I got to level 7, slept at the Inn, got armor/bisicles. Got him down to half health. Well, it's an improvement.

Anyone think this might go on sale for the Steam Winter Sale?

I'm hoping it does, because I just can't not play this after all the good things that have been said.

tomtom94

It's still in the top sellers list (it's the top-selling game under £7, in fact) so I'd be surprised if there's a discount. They like making money.

Hyoukokun

Ok, so I beat Asgore. Now I'm stuck on the nightmarish Flowely (seriously, what the fuck).

Any help?

Keep going. He'll crash the game when you die / when he feels like it, but if you keep at it you should be able to make it further and further.

Also, if you've been a pacifist so far, note that you don't have to fully restart the game to get the final True Pacifist ending.

Top Bottom