• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is were people hang out while the season is off?

As some few people know, some months ago I sat down with Game of Thrones, but as me and my girlfriend broke up, I hadn't been able to keep at it - until today.

A little hour ago I started up Season 1 Episode 1, and I'm absolutely loving it so far. How it slowly introduces me to the various factions, its characters, their allies, their intentions and goal and to the whole world of Westeros.

I'm also using the interactive guide to keep me on the right track with no spoilers. I haven't read any spoilers anywhere whatsoever, so I absolutely know nothing. I know that people die, that the actress playing Sansa Stark is cool, and that Season 6 starts up on April 24.

Wish me all the best while I venture out on the adventure, so many of you have been on for the past five years.

Here's to Westeros!

This is the topic for book readers, so there are spoilers abound here. Not the best place to be if you're just starting out.

Pachimari

This is the topic for book readers, so there are spoilers abound here. Not the best place to be if you're just starting out.

This were the best place I could find. I have no idea were to share my impressions or hang out with fans, as the Season 5 OT is pretty much dead by now.

This were the best place I could find. I have no idea were to share my impressions or hang out with fans, as the Season 5 OT is pretty much dead by now.

Unfortunately I don't think you have a safe haven at all on the forums. Since the books and show essentially caught up even the non-spoiler threads are full of season 1-5 spoiler talk. I suggest marathoning and then hitting this discussion back up.

Lothar

Banned

That's not a good place either since the same kind of spoilers will be there. Why not make a LTTP thread? Just make a thread with that same post as the OP.

Gigglepoo

I remember the hype for Season 3 and 4. Nothing like it is now for me unfortunately

This is the first season I'm actively looking forward to. I read the books long before the show started and only started watching after the first three seasons aired. This is the first season I'm watching while it's airing. Feels weird

Lothar

Banned
I have no hype. I kind of wish it was further away. I'm looking to it with dread. I'm like which character are they going to ruin or rape this time?

I'm completely without any excitement haha. For me it's mostly morbid curiosity to see what amazing "writing" we're gonna get this time.

Speevy

Banned
I'll crack up if the first scene is like a recreation of that scene from season 4 where Sansa is running from the purple wedding, but this time it's Ramsay ranting and raving.

I'll crack up if the first scene is like a recreation of that scene from season 4 where Sansa is running from the purple wedding, but this time it's Ramsay ranting and raving.

Find her! Bar the gates of the city and seize every ship in the hot springs. No one leaves the capital... of the North!

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I have no hype. I kind of wish it was further away. I'm looking to it with dread. I'm like which character are they going to ruin or rape this time?
Kind of this...their character arc's for have been pretty much nonexistent for a while now, except for a few.

LowParry

I'm still excited for the episode because of the whole Negan reveal. I think the wife is gonna piss her pants with the whole last 10 minutes. It may make for some good reaction videos out there.

Negan vs Ramsay: FIGHT!
the thing is, I think the show will be designed to make people dislike Negan, but because of JDM people will end up liking him anyway lol. Whereas Ramsay is just the biggest cunt and completely unlikeable.

Negan's charisma will win people over if JDM hits it right and I think he will.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
the thing is, I think the show will be designed to make people dislike Negan, but because of JDM people will end up liking him anyway lol. Whereas Ramsay is just the biggest cunt and completely unlikeable.

Negan's charisma will win people over if JDM hits it right and I think he will.

There are people who don't like Ramsay? He's a cunning bad ass though! And those muscles...

"promise me ned stark, my brother, that you will not tell jon that I, your sister, Lyanna Stark, am his true mother. And his father is a Targaryen. There are implications here re: the throne, Ned. But you mustn't tell him"

Speevy

Banned
I'm telling you, the final sequence of this show is just various noname characters face-dropping into Littlefinger. He's in the Eyrie, The Iron Islands, Dorne, Skaagos, beyond the wall, Winterfell, the Reach, Meereen, King's Landing.

Then they just start singing, faces contorted to the side, each in their own accent "We are the world. We are the children. We are the ones to make a brighter day so let's start giving."

Meanwhile the rest of the world is being eaten by whitewalkers. He just keeps singing.

Apt101

So you guys think they'll nail the tower of joy?

They're not going to capture it all in my opinion. Not the imagery evoked within the books of the King's Guard. Howland Reed will just be another dude, same as Arthur Dayne. Not the lines "And now it begins...". It's going to be all HBO pandering to people who haven't read a book since they had to write a book report in grade school. Hell, Lyana will probably be all sultry with her tits hanging out as she dies.

Speevy

Banned
I think you can tell from the trailers. It looks like a very lean, unoffensive, and probably vague retelling of events leading to Jon's rescue. It will be full of "Why didn't they have..." moments. With that said, that's better than it being outright bad.

RaidenZR

They're not going to capture it all in my opinion. Not the imagery evoked within the books of the King's Guard. Howland Reed will just be another dude, same as Arthur Dayne. Not the lines "And now it begins...". It's going to be all HBO pandering to people who haven't read a book since they had to write a book report in grade school. Hell, Lyana will probably be all sultry with her tits hanging out as she dies.

Goddamnit. You had to bring it down to reality, didn't you?

Do we know, or do we have speculation, on what episode Tower of Joy will occur in?

Goddamnit. You had to bring it down to reality, didn't you?

Do we know, or do we have speculation, on what episode Tower of Joy will occur in?

No info on that. On RaidenZR's point we already know that:
Arthur Dayne is now dual wielding swords instead of using Dawn, which is more awesome... I guess? I say 'know' because he's also using them in the Targ. backstory video they released a while back.

Turin

Banned

Arthur Dayne might get a name drop but it won't be Arthur Dayne. Hopefully the fight scene's decent.

I wonder if they'll even include Howland Reed. I guess they might since Bran brought him up when talking to Jojen.

I'm telling you, the final sequence of this show is just various noname characters face-dropping into Littlefinger. He's in the Eyrie, The Iron Islands, Dorne, Skaagos, beyond the wall, Winterfell, the Reach, Meereen, King's Landing.

Then they just start singing, faces contorted to the side, each in their own accent "We are the world. We are the children. We are the ones to make a brighter day so let's start giving."

Meanwhile the rest of the world is being eaten by whitewalkers. He just keeps singing.

lol

Euron

We need some actual stuff to happen soon so we can get new memes instead of recycling ones from previous seasons.

Pretty cool. Didn't realize they were going to do a full video version. Should be fun:

6ZSCC9P.jpg

Gigglepoo

It doesn't sound like there's going to be a podcast version? Huh. I wonder if it's starting a new trend for Bill Simmon's stuff. I hope not.

Wow. That's awesome.

Please don't have on Elio & Linda, please don't have on Elio & Linda.
I'm amazed HBO continued their relationship with them despite the toxic content they produce. Granted it's Linda being the problem not Elio but still.

If you can't seperate the show from the book after six years I don't know what to tell you.

Iksenpets

Banned
Wow. That's awesome.

Please don't have on Elio & Linda, please don't have on Elio & Linda.

I dunno man. Euron is right. We need memes. And live, televised appearances by Elio and Linda are a sure road to some quality memes. Linda would have a breakdown within five minutes.

EDIT: I WAS LOOKING FOR THAT PIC AND COULDN'T FIND IT! Just imagine if he showed up with that cape!

I'm amazed HBO continued their relationship with them despite the toxic content they produce. Granted it's Linda being the problem not Elio but still.

If you can't seperate the show from the book after six years I don't know what to tell you.
Is there really much of a relationship though? I know they got screeners back when GoT did screeners, but other than that is there really anything to it?

The talk show is a part of the Bill Simmons stuff anyways, and as far as I'm aware none of those people have a relationship with Linda and Elio.
Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Let the hate flow through you.

xhoEQaU.jpg

lol dammit I forget this pic is a thing

frontovik

Banned
Hmm, so it's been confirmed that Kit Harrington is dating Rose Leslie.

Kit Harington has had to keep a lot of secrets this year. And while the status of his Game of Thrones character Jon Snow is still up in the air, Harington is finally opening up about his real-life romance with co-star Rose Leslie. Yes, after four years of rumored on- and off-again dating, the real-life Ygritte and Jon Snow made their debut as a couple on the red carpet of the Olivier Awards on Sunday.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...nes-kit-harington-rose-leslie-red-carpet-kiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom