• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

You do realize Cersei's gonna use him and then have him killed off right

Euron will get his boat in Kings Landing and then Cersei will lose. I mean, his ship already teleports across the continent. What's one more teleport to the castle?

Ya'll doubt my boy Euron, but I'ma stan for him a bit. I am willing to bet that Euron will team up with Dany and Jon to fight the NIght King, and that he will betray Cersei sooner or later. And then Euron will backstab Dany and Jon.

Chuckie

You think this would look silly?

70f943c528d33db220095c8c72bc3bf1.jpg

I'm dying here XD

The quote just makes it worse (or better)

Violet_0

Banned
I wouldn't call him crazy. He seems to be making very precise decisions.

I wouldn't call him murderous, either. He left the twin snake girls alive, as well as Yara.

If it was Ramsay, he'd have fed them all to his dogs.

Joffrey > Karl Tanner > Ramsay > Euron

they're not all exactly the same (and their competence seems to increase each time), but the show really does like to re-use the same villain archtype again and again

Euron will get his boat in Kings Landing and then Cersei will lose. I mean, his ship already teleports across the continent. What's one more teleport to the castle?

Ya'll doubt my boy Euron, but I'ma stan for him a bit. I am willing to bet that Euron will team up with Dany and Jon to fight the NIght King, and that he will betray Cersei sooner or later. And then Euron will backstab Dany and Jon.
I mean no, it's gonna be Cersei then Dany and then the show ends.

But I was more what'ing at the comparison to Ramsay, obviously if Euron was ACTUALLY Ramsay he would have just killed Yara bc she's useless to him. But Euron doesn't have legitimacy and Sansa. Euron isn't Ramsay and wants different things, but still goes about the same way as him.

Joffrey > Karl Tanner > Ramsay > Euron

they're not all exactly the same (and their competence seems to increase each time), but the show really does like to re-use the same villain archtype again and again

Eh, I wouldn't say Joffrey is the same as Euron, or Ramsay the same as him. I'm drawing a blank on Tanner.

Joffrey was just a sadistic asshole who was spoiled.
Ramsay was a sadistic asshole who wasn't spoiled, but was very smart.
Euron isn't sadistic like the previous two. He's an asshole, but he's also wily and dangerous. Ramsay and Joffrey were just mad dogs. Euron is something else.

I mean no, it's gonna be Cersei then Dany and then the show ends.

But I was more what'ing at the comparison to Ramsay, obviously if Euron was ACTUALLY Ramsay he would have just killed Yara bc she's useless to him. But Euron doesn't have legitimacy and Sansa. Euron isn't Ramsay and wants different things, but still goes about the same way as him.

The only similar thing Euron does is kill a family member and threaten the other two in order to lead the Iron Islands. But he's a completely different animal otherwise. That's where their comparisons end.

Bc of the 20 good men stannis burned shireen despite the book basically saying no matter what happens to him Davos needs to make sure Shireen is taken care of (and potentially on the throne iirc)

Oh well, that's irrelevant to Eurons greatness, but at this point the books are diverged far enough from the show that anyone can win

You draw a blank on Karl fookin' Tanner the fookin' Legend of Gin fookin' Alley?

9IjBVdx.jpg

...who?

so many think that yara will be rescued by theon.

who thinks that tyene sand may actually live. they have specifically said that the poison may work in weeks so that leaves a lot of time for someone to come for her. bronn?

who thinks that tyene sand may actually live. they have specifically said that the poison may work in weeks so that leaves a lot of time for someone to come for her. bronn?

Unless they're truly teleporting then she's already dead. It should have taken weeks for Bron and Jamie to get to highgarden, and they were still at KL when the sandsnake arrived.

Euron's gonna try to swindle Cersei and it's going to backfire. He doesn't give a shit about Dany, Jon, or the Night's King.

What would Bronn hope to gain by betraying the Lannisters (a very powerful ally of his throughout the series, mind you) and help the losing side?

duckroll

Wait is she the bad pussy? I can't really tell the 3 of them apart in terms of who said or did what because it's painful to recall.

jfkgoblue

She's dead, D&D are quickly getting rid of their stupid as fuck Dorne plot. I bet we never hear anything about Dorne again.

Sometimes I just have to sit back...and...think....about what a fucking waste Dorne was.

Book Dorne: Badass as FUCK heir in Arianne. Scheming and fucking galore, a plausible Queenmaker plot, and even though Quentyn turned out to be a total neckbeard loser, there was still hope that they could be a super powerful force to be reckoned with. The Sand Snakes were actually awesome in that each one had a specialty and a unique backstory. "Vengeance, justice, fire and blood" was so fucking badass I can't even contain it.

Show Dorne: Weak revenge plot, no Arianne or cool Dornish children in general (I weep for the book Sand Snakes), bad pussy, Tristane is a dork, weird murder of Doran because why the fuck not? And now they've been reduced to a bitter widow and her soon to be zombie daughter.

SIGH.

Although Indira Varma is a babe....I guess I can count that as a small blessing.

Also they're killing Ellaria off-screen

[Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] called me, but I kind of knew already. Obviously there’s lots of trimming going on. It’s all coming to a head and you have to get rid of less important characters that the audience hasn’t had the chance to invest in as much. So I was expecting it. I wasn’t heartbroken. And I was like, “As long as I die on screen…” and they were like “Yeah!” But of course I don’t die on screen. I stay alive, I’m just not going to reappear. I think it’s really clever.

duckroll

Book Dorne is a multi-angle game of court intrigue with a smart ruler plotting several simultaneous schemes, working around his daughter who has other plans of her own, and both having to navigate around other moving pieces beyond their control.

Show Dorne is WEAK MEN WILL NEVER RULE DORNE AGAIN.

Although Indira Varma is a babe....I guess I can count that as a small blessing.

Are you fucking kidding me. What an insult to a great actress. The entire Dorne thing is just... ugh.

What the fuck, that seems like a huge spoiler. With Dany about to go to war with Cersei I didn't think Ellaria getting saved from that dungeon was out of the question.

Eh, not really. There's no one left to save her. Dany is preoccupied at Dragonstone, Yara is also a captive, Olenna is dead, and the Unsullied are all the way at Casterly Rock.

Also her IMDB is only credited through the most recent episode, so it's not like it's not out there.

nampad

Eh, not really. There's no one left to save her. Dany is preoccupied at Dragonstone, Yara is also a captive, Olenna is dead, and the Unsullied are all the way at Casterly Rock.

Also her IMDB is only credited through the most recent episode, so it's not like it's not out there.

I know I sound like a whiny bitch but for me that was a spoiler, even f it wasn't for you.
Weirder things have happened in the show and I don't look at the IMDB credits all the time.

Violet_0

Banned
the key to success for Dany's campaign from now on is to stay the fuck away from any large body of water and Euron's pyrotechnics fleet

hm, they really just wanted to unceremoniously end the entire Dorne plotline at the start of the season and move on and forget

I know I sound like a whiny bitch but for me that was a spoiler, even f it wasn't for you.
Weirder things have happened in the show and I don't look at the IMDB credits all the time.

Yeah, it's kinda sad that Ellarias actress confirmed that.

They really fucked up with the Dorne plot. WE COULD'VE HAD MOTHERFUCKING DARKSTAR.

They could've cut the sand snakes easily. Keep Arianne and Quentyn and just have Ellaria kill Myrcella all the same.

They had already established Oberyn. Made it easier to introduce his daughters, not entirely new and unfamiliar ones. Doran was enough; adding HIS kids would have been confusing.

Kain

I think they are setting it up so that Jaime ends up killing Cersei as the old theory suggests. The problem of that is that it's too damn late for Jaime the good guy to turn on her after three fucking seasons playing the obedient puppy. It suddenly they start to argue it will be bad. BAD.

Also random Melisandre delivering plot twists to Varys was random as all fucks, what the hell. Are we doing this now? Characters who have no purpose will just spoil the other characters' fates? OK, let's see, next episode Meera will tell Sansa that she will kill LF. Wait for it.

wut

That's stupid. Oh of course, D&D.

duckroll

How exactly is it a spoiler when it is simply an example of how bad the showrunners are at communicating things to the audience? If the takeaway from that scene was "she is still alive and there could be hope for rescue", when they meant it as "this is the last time you will ever see this character, omg that's a fate worse than death, badass!", then they presented it poorly. They clearly don't intend on dwelling on this as a plot point for suspense or otherwise, or they wouldn't be okay with marketing it as her final appearance. Because that's what these interviews are - marketing.

Unit 33

I was half expecting that last Winterfell scene to not be Bran, but Jon returning already with great big piles of dragon glass because speedy speedy.

devilhawk

They had already established Oberyn. Made it easier to introduce his daughters, not entirely new and unfamiliar ones. Doran was enough; adding HIS kids would have been confusing.
Nah. Make Arianne (or whatever sand snake name) Quentyn's daughter then. Keep the queenmaker angle with Ellaria doing a successful Darkstar attack. Dorne failed more than anything because of a lack of story for Doran. Him telling Quentyn to go get Dany is at least a fucking strategy of some sort.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
This show is just spectacles for spectacles sake. Nothing makes sense anymore. It's pretty funny. I liked the part where Jorah was cured of an extremely contagious and vicious disease in a night by a novice and immediately let back into society.

Jon and Dany will save the day against a generic evil while side characters are killed in unceremonious ways for "shock value" while Tyrion talks about how drunk he was and the hound calls everyone a cunt.

Apt101

This show is just spectacles for spectacles sake. Nothing makes sense anymore. It's pretty funny. I liked the part where Jorah was cured of an extremely contagious and vicious disease in a night by a novice and immediately let back into society.

Jon and Dany will save the day against a generic evil while side characters are killed in unceremonious ways for "shock value" while Tyrion talks about how drunk he was and the hound calls everyone a cunt.

Well that's what happens when instead of being able to introduce and then later tie up such loose plotlines a long time ago, they find themselves having to rush through the shit all at the end. I mean talk about compression. This TV show feels like what The Lord of the Rings would have been if they stretched out the first book across movies one and two and then rushed the rest in RotK.

don't give a fuck about the bad pussy sisters, but damn shame Ellaria is gone for good. Despite the Dorne plot being horrible in this show Indira Varma was great the whole way through.

So Dorne and the Reach just fell over like cardboard cutouts then. Nice.

Also, I was expecting there to be lots of (implied) rape of the captives since it was Euron and the Ironborn taking it, but I am pretty relieved that was not the case.

Top Bottom