• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

mantidor

...by writing off the entirety of King's Landing and remarking that all they care about is severed heads yet suspiciously not wanting anyone's severed head for the Sept blowing up with two of KL's most beloved people in it?

I don't know why they thought this was a good idea. Just show the population terrified about Cersei, praying to the seven in secret and being worried about a foreign invader army, done, it would've took 3 minutes to stablish something that makes sense.

For instance the way Cersei convinced the Lords to fight for her was great, and most importantly it *makes sense*, it fits this world, Dany is indeed the daughter of the mad King and has an army of people known to be rapists and pillagers.

JakeD

Ok let's get positive for a minute

*assuming Jon doesn't spend the rest of the season mining dragonglass*

We are one or two episodes away from Jon learning about his real parents!!!!!!! Some of us have been waiting to see his reaction to this for a loooooong time

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Ok let's get positive for a minute

*assuming Jon doesn't spend the rest of the season mining dragonglass*

We are one or two episodes away from Jon learning about his real parents!!!!!!! Some of us have been waiting to see his reaction to this for a loooooong time

I mean just watch the trailer

Jon clearly is going back to the North soon and fight the dead alongside Tormund and the Brotherhood.

Did the Azor Ahai prophecy ever mention something about taking a knife to the heart? Why did Daenerys repeat that after Jon left?

Or was it just because taking a knife to the heart means you die? :p

Did the Azor Ahai prophecy ever mention something about taking a knife to the heart? Why did Daenerys repeat that after Jon left?

Azor Ahai tempered Lightbringer by plunging it into the heart of his beloved NIssa Nissa

Don't think she was referring to that though. Seems pretty natural that you would react to someone supposedly having taken a dagger to the heart, as that person should be pretty dead

I don't know why they thought this was a good idea. Just show the population terrified about Cersei, praying to the seven in secret and being worried about a foreign invader army, done, it would've took 3 minutes to stablish something that makes sense.

For instance the way Cersei convinced the Lords to fight for her was great, and most importantly it *makes sense*, it fits this world, Dany is indeed the daughter of the mad King and has an army of people known to be rapists and pillagers.
Agreed.
The best opening 3 episodes of all 7 series.
I mean besides me not actually liking these last 2 episodes much, uh... no.

game-of-thrones-10.jpg

game-thrones-tyrion-lannister-oberyn-martell.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ryseing

I am definitely hate watching, I think Lena Heady is basically single handedly making it watchable

I also like big dicked Euron in a so bad it's good kind of way. Obviously not the Euron I envisioned but far better than whatever the fuck he was last year. Actor is obviously having fun so good on him.

Lena has been the MVP since Tywin was killed.

Just saw the "bad guys are way more interesting" comment and I have to agree. Davos has become Doomsday Man (TM) and Tyrion is a shadow of who he was S1-3 for obvious character reasons.

The latter. She repeated it because Davos had stopped himself just short of telling Jon's death and resurrection story, which I'm sure piqued Dany's curiosity.

Probably the latter. She knew fuck all about Azor Ahai when Mel mentioned it

Azor Ahai tempered Lightbringer by plunging it into the heart of his beloved NIssa Nissa

Don't think she was referring to that though. Seems pretty natural that you would react to someone supposedly having taken a dagger to the heart, as that person should be pretty dead

The latter. She repeated it because Davos had stopped himself just short of telling Jon's death and resurrection story, which I'm sure piqued Dany's curiosity.
Yup, just rewatched the scene. Davos stopped and all, making it suspicious.

How do you see Jon's parents being revealed? It has to be Bran, doesn't it? And he'll somehow prove Daenery's he can actually see it all in some way, so she believes him. I really hope this happens this season, I don't want to wait another year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

How do you see Jon's parents being revealed? It has to be Bran, doesn't it? And he'll somehow prove Daenery's he can actually see it all in some way, so she believes him. I really hope this happens this season, I don't want to wait another year.

Dany has to somehow be reminded about the whole "vision" thing she had in the House of the Undying. It literally showed her the 2 options she currently faces, Kings Landing and "The North/The Wall."

Chumley

Banned
Going to be absolutely hilarious if Dany ends up losing and dies and everyone in here definitely saying how predictable her turn around to win is has a feast of crow.

That would be hilarious but it just isn't happening. She has plot armor until the final stretch.

Bran can reveal Rhaegar being Jon's dad to the audience easily enough. I have no idea how it can be revealed in such a way that anyone in Westeros would believe it, though. Howland Reed would have maybe been one way, but they blew him up at the sept last season, didn't they? Or did they not? I can't even remember anymore...

JakeD

I don't think there's enough episodes left for dany to learn/believe/accept that Jon is the son of rhaegar and potentially has a better claim than her

So my guess is she either never finds out and it doesn't end up mattering much, or it's the piece of information that pushes her into mad queen/villain territory. That seems unlikely with these writers so unfortunately it's probably the former.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Why is Dany/Tyrion/et all so skeptical of Jon Snow's warnings about the undead? I would have thought that Mel would have briefed them about what she saw at the Wall, and what she knows about the WW in general.

bigJP

Why is Dany/Tyrion/et all so skeptical of Jon Snow's warnings about the undead? I would have thought that Mel would have briefed them about what she saw at the Wall, and what she knows about the WW in general.
You have to remember that the show has a million plot holes. Just got to accept that people are stupid and enjoy the ride

What if Euron has his horn and we just don't show it and he takes 2 of Danys dragons away or she has to kill her own children because they don't listen to her anymore.

Gigglepoo

What's the scenario where he's lying? They go North with Jon, see he's lying, burn him alive, and gain control over the North and the Vale. There's no reason not to trust him.

You have to remember that the show has a million plot holes. Just got to accept that people are stupid and enjoy the ride

Eh, people have been skeptical about snarks and grumpkins since the start. Ned beheaded a guy in the first episode because he was skeptical

What if Euron has his horn and we just don't show it and he takes 2 of Danys dragons away or she has to kill her own children because they don't listen to her anymore.

Then the writing would be even shittier because it would come across as a total asspull. You can't hide something as monumental as that until it's used and have it work.

JakeD

Honestly the potential dragon horn is dumb even in the books universe. it would be beyond ridiculous in the show and I'm confused why so many people want it to be a thing . Any magic with the power to rival the dragons would have needed to be revealed around the same time as the dragons (early s2/book 2 at the latest) or else it's going to seem like bullshit

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Eh, people have been skeptical about snarks and grumpkins since the start. Ned beheaded a guy in the first episode because he was skeptical

Sure, but out of everyone, Dany and company seem like ones who would be more likely to believe in impossible fantasy creatures. I mean, she did hatch 3 dragons.

Also, they have a good relationship with the Lord of Light religion after what they did for her in Meereen, and plus Mel would seem like a somewhat reliable source of information. They listened to her enough to invite Jon Snow, but not enough to hear her knowledge about the WW? Seems odd.

Sure, but out of everyone, Dany and company seem like ones who would be more likely to believe in impossible fantasy creatures. I mean, she did hatch 3 dragons.

Also, they have a good relationship with the Lord of Light religion after what they did for her in Meereen, and plus Mel would seem like a somewhat reliable source of information. They listened to her enough to invite Jon Snow, but not enough to hear her knowledge about the WW? Seems odd.

Has Melisandre ever seen the white walkers first hand, or is she just taking Jon's word for it?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
No one is allowed to mention that Jon is a deserter! None of the northern Lords have even brought this up once. It's kind of amazing how many major plot holes they pack in.

you don't understand, jon said he died for the watch so that's the end of the matter.

Honestly the potential dragon horn is dumb even in the books universe. it would be beyond ridiculous in the show and I'm confused why so many people want it to be a thing . Any magic with the power to rival the dragons would have needed to be revealed around the same time as the dragons (early s2/book 2 at the latest) or else it's going to seem like bullshit

I have no problem with it. Valyria has always been described as a mysterious, magical place. And there are even more mysterious, magical places like Asshai that we know little about. Magic exists. The only consistent theme is that it comes at a high price, in this case I think whoever blows the horn dies.

Gigglepoo

It would be one thing if Jon told the northern Lords he was resurrected and they saw him as a deity but he didn't so now he's just a deserter who should be executed.

Speaking of the Watch: Edd is the 999th Commander. Is there going to be a 1000th? Will that person be important? Or will the Wall fall before that?

I totally forgot about the dragon horn. I agree, if they bring it in at this point, it will be the biggest Azon-Ahai-ex-machina I've ever seen.

JakeD

I have no problem with it. Valyria has always been described as a mysterious, magical place. And there are even more mysterious, magical places like Asshai that we know little about. Magic exists. The only consistent theme is that it comes at a high price, in this case I think whoever blows the horn dies.

I don't have a problem with it existing as a mythological thing, but I have a problem with it actually being used in the story.

Same as FAegon. Things that pop up in book 4 or 5 that undermine characters from book 1 just feels cheap.

I don't have a problem with it existing as a mythological thing, but I have a problem with it actually being used in the story.

Same as FAegon. Things that pop up in book 4 or 5 that undermine characters from book 1 just feels cheap.

You say FAegon, so you know he's most likely fake, so how does he undermine anyone? Introducing interesting new wrinkles late in the story just makes it more interesting imo. And I really like what it sets up for when Dany makes landfall in the books.

As for the horn, we'll see what happens when it's actually blown. For one thing I highly doubt Victarion will ever plant his butt on a dragon.

Gigglepoo

The Dragonhorn might not control dragons. By the way Aeron swings to Euron's side after it's blown and then opposes him soon after, it seems like it controls people.

But Victarian might Nettle a dragon...

Speevy

Banned
I can't wait for the grey wedding next year when Cersei agrees to marry Euron.

I'm not sure how you burn ships at a wedding, but if any show can do it, this show will.

I can't wait for the grey wedding next year when Cersei agrees to marry Euron.

I'm not sure how you burn ships at a wedding, but if any show can do it, this show will.

i hope there is a Jon x Dany wedding

actually there won't be time for that. I really hope there's a chance she could be pregnant again though.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I wish Jon and Davos brought Littlefinger with them so he could do something instead of sulk at Winterfell

I wonder if Sansa realized the implications of what he was saying. That would mean he certainly contemplated that her marriage wouldn't go that well. From every angle.

i hope there is a Jon x Dany wedding

actually there won't be time for that. I really hope there's a chance she could be pregnant again though.
Why wouldn't there be time for it? It's pretty much the safest, most predictable ending you could give the series. Would make the shippers go crazy.

It would be hilarious though if right as the last episode of the last season is about to end Jon and/or Dany die at the wedding.

I wonder if Sansa realized the implications of what he was saying. That would mean he certainly contemplated that her marriage wouldn't go that well. From every angle.
I don't think d and d even contemplated that when they originally wrote it lol

It betrayed one of two of LF's defining qualities. Either he was fucking dumb as bricks and thought Sansa would be fine in which case that goes against him being smart/well informed, or he actually knew what Ramsay was like and sold her away anyway, going against his love of Cat and her daughter.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't think there's enough episodes left for dany to learn/believe/accept that Jon is the son of rhaegar and potentially has a better claim than her

So my guess is she either never finds out and it doesn't end up mattering much, or it's the piece of information that pushes her into mad queen/villain territory. That seems unlikely with these writers so unfortunately it's probably the former.

This is what I rack my brain about. How is it gonna play into the greater narrative? Who will believe Bran? it'll be nice for Jon to have some closure, to know he isn't just a "worthless bastard", but he's not going to fight for his right to the iron throne. He never asked to be lord commander, or King in the North.

Top Bottom