• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Forkball

Weirwoods don't need to be there for him to see shit or else he wouldn't know about Jon.
I bet this is a show-only change and in the books there MUST be a weirwood tree present to see the past. Honestly it doesn't really make sense otherwise. How could Weirwood trees be connected to Dorne, even in a magical sense? I always believed that Bran would learn about Jon's parentage through seeing the wedding between Lyanna and Rheagar in front of a Weirwood tree (maybe the Isle of Faces).

The last TWoW preview chapter was over 14 months ago yeaaaaa

Apt101

Probably. Even then it wouldn't make a lick of sense.

I doubt it. All of the prophecy regarding future events in the show seem to be projected from a source that is well informed and can give warnings about what may come to pass, but doesn't know specifics. Otherwise those visions would be a lot more specific.

Speevy

Banned
She was full of emotions and he was so cold. My only explanation watching the episode is that Bran saw her do something awful in the future.

bran.png

Moff

What if Bran is future Bran warged into his past self. Then our future would be his past.
Wouldn't that make sense?

KahooTs

Weirwoods don't need to be there for him to see shit or else he wouldn't know about Jon.
Yes, and I still think that might be the reason why they chose that scene. The writing is more about a semblance of logic rather than actual logic.

After Jaime's scene with Olenna at the end of the last episode I guess we can expect his turn on Cersei to be sudden & immediate as it was with the Mad King rather than a slow burn where he begins to realise what she's become.

Far too strong a vibe of 'when you see what she really is it will be too late for you' to make me think Jaime will live much longer than Cersei. I'm guessing she's going to go Mad King 2.0 with the wildfire which Jaime will kill her to stop, but will be too late. We 'know' the Red Keep has to go up at some point, since it's all burned up in Dany's House of the Undying vision (a show replacement of the book scenes that depicted the Red Wedding) and it was snowing in those visions, which is pretty timely.

mandiller

She was full of emotions and he was so cold. My only explanation watching the episode is that Bran saw her do something awful in the future.

I think because Bran can see the entire past and present he is more God-like and detached from people. His relationship with Sansa is small beans compared to everything he now knows. I don't think he can see the future though.

nampad

Watching the scene I thought it was pretty obvious Bran picked an example to convince Sansa of his abilities. So its something only she would know about.

It snowed in Winterfell (in late fall) and Ramsay raped her on the wedding night to consummate the marriage. You don't need to be the tree eyed raven for that :p

He should have chosen something less creepy.

gspec

I think because Bran can see the entire past and present he is more God-like and detached from people. His relationship with Sansa is small beans compared to everything he now knows. I don't think he can see the future though.

Bran has the green sight. He can see the future. Remember Jojen Reed saw his death in the future and Jojen only had green dreams. Bran is way more gifted and more powerful than jojen.

DKehoe

Yeh, I took it to be that Bran is now operating on another level of consciousness that makes it hard for him to relate to normal people so that's why he seems distant.

bigJP

what the hell did they do to Bran...

Yeh, I took it to be that Bran is now operating on another level of consciousness that makes it hard for him to relate to normal people so that's why he seems distant.

he was normal just on the otherside of the wall.

they should have shown some progression

DKehoe

he was normal just on the otherside of the wall.

they should have shown some progression

Yeh its a weird one. Maybe that was a choice made by the director of that episode? Unless maybe they are going to have it that him being on the other side of the wall is having an effect.

mantidor

The whole Bran thing is such a mess. He's not entirely robot, he says to Sansa he is sorry about what happened, so he obviously cares, but the whole scene was a mess (pretty much like anything related to Sansa's wedding to Ramsay), I don't know if the problem is the acting or the writing, maybe both? :p but it's not like the writing gives much room of improvement, specially for a kid actor :p

fuzaco

The whole Bran thing is such a mess. He's not entirely robot, he says to Sansa he is sorry about what happened, so he obviously cares, but the whole scene was a mess (pretty much like anything related to Sansa's wedding to Ramsay), I don't know if the problem is the acting or the writing, maybe both? :p but it's not like the writing gives much room of improvement, specially for a kid actor :p

He's not a good actor, but there wasn't much to act in that scene anyway. So definitely both.

I don't really see how the scene was a mess. Bran is basically GoT Doctor Manhattan now...he's seen so much shit that he can't relate to these mere mortals. He seems cold and indifferent now cuz he has more important shit to worry about, basically.

Real Hero

I don't really see how the scene was a mess. Bran is basically GoT Doctor Manhattan now...he's seen so much shit that he can't relate to these mere mortals. He seems cold and indifferent now cuz he has more important shit to worry about, basically.

Why would that make hims say she looks beautiful though

JakeD

Because he's lost his social skills due to his situation. I admit the scene was heavy handed and would have benefited from a bonus scene at the wall that showed bran acting that way with edd to make it a better transition.

I thought the scene worked better the second time I watched it

Been in Tanzania for the past two weeks, didn't catch up until now.
Euron the invincible murdering fleet built on a barren island is bothering more than it should, considering the writing these past two seasons. Ugh. I guess they needed something to just cut to the point and move the plot but man, how corny.

If I was Jaime I'd have stabbed the bitch. I realize he didn't want to give her that last satisfaction, and even Joffrey was a cunt he was still my son.

And Dany and Jon's exchanges went pretty much exactly as I imagined. Even the secluded conversation, after having seen leaked pics from earlier in the year (not by choice, damn my clicking on randomly-linked things in Reddit comments).
I suppose if illogic (20 good teleporting ships) was used to tie up some really bad loose ends (Sand Snakes), it's actually fine.

But Braavos, descendants of escaped slaves invested in slave trade? Come on. Could have not bring up the Bank stpry line at all.

Bran's speech was baaad.
vJtqgsE.jpg

Magical Greyscale cure is yet another proof of adaption without plan, resulting in wasted time and regressed character development.

But, I still find this episode good, packed with strong moments.

mantidor

I think it's obvious he wanted to give Sansa proof he indeed sees everything, which is why it would have to be something personal only she knows, which is why he mentions her wedding dress and how beautiful she looked, this is information no one alive really knows. Edit: Except Theon I guess but there is no way Bran could have met Theon.

But again, it failed at excecution, now Bran is a meme with the first line bring something awful or awkward and the second line being "it was beautiful".

Or that he is sorry?

He's probably in this weird state of mind where he's seen terrible things, but also has some foreknowledge about how those terrible things are part of a chain of events that he and his kin need to participate in to succeed against their existential threat.

And so as a result he's less connected from empathizing with people over those terrible things.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So is Jamie just going to assume Ollena committed regicide alone?
Does it matter?

EDIT: Of course they didn't recognize him, they were probably still in elementary school the last time he stopped by his publisher's office to deliver something.

Artdayne

Bran is changed, all of them are changed just some in more dramatic ways than others. I certainly think the way Bran gained all of the Three Eyed Raven's knowledge in such a short time caused him serious harm because the previous Three Eyed Raven wasn't so emotionally cold. This is the type of thing that George was likely talking about that the ending would be bittersweet, the reuniting of the Starks is not exactly how we'd imagined and it wasn't in the cards after all that is happened to them.

mantidor

Only if he uses her confession to absolve Sansa, Tyrion, Littlefinger, or whoever else they might suspect.

Only Sansa would get off the hook, but even then Cersei despises her and she is in open rebellion so her head is still wanted. I guess the same goes for Little finger.

Now even if Tyrion is absolved he still killed Tywin anyway.

So yeah it doesn't matter anyway, Cersei wants all their heads.

Gigglepoo

Did Tyrion tell Jamie he killed Joffrey in the show? Or was that a book thing? I'm trying to figure out what the ramifications of Ollena's confession was other than a badass scene.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Did Tyrion tell Jamie he killed Joffrey in the show? Or was that a book thing? I'm trying to figure out what the ramifications of Ollena's confession was other than a badass scene.
You're looking for deeper meaning from D&D. You're wasting your time.

Top Bottom