• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

devilhawk

Calling it, Darnerys doesn't survive the season, and she doesn't play a significant role in the fight against the white walkers.

It'll complete the trilogy of Ned's beheading, the Red Wedding, and whatever happens to Daenerys. And everyone will wonder how they managed to trick us, again.

I was half expecting it to happen at Jaime's charge, but apparently she still has some role to play. Still, the main theme of the show and the books is that "life is not a song, sweetling" - not just in the sense that it isn't all naively good, but that the things that happen in the real world don't always make narrative sense.

Robb's death wasn't really a satisfying ending to his story - or at least it wasn't the most satisfying. Neither was Ned's death. You can tack things on at the end to retroactively justify them - Ned's naivety and Robb's brashness - but I'm guessing Daenerys gets something like the slowly manifesting Targaryen madness/tyrranical behavior.

I at least know that the thing that would fit the ethos of this show least is where Dany and Jon get married and fire and ice turn back the tide of the death, even if that ending also involves a lot of death.
Well, if a certain prophecy from the books has not been truly concluded...
. . . three heads has the dragon . . .
. . . three fires must you light . . . one for life and one for death and one to love . . .
. . . three mounts must you ride . . . one to bed and one to dread and one to love . . .
. . . three treasons will you know . . . once for blood and once for gold and once for love . . .

I wonder if a green seer warged into that human sacrifice they made a thousand years ago which turned the guy into the nights king.

The spiral corpses that the white walkers made are exactly the same as the ones that Jon and Dany saw on the cave

SteveWD40

He has never done a good job cozying up to Starks. Failed with Ned, Jon, Bran and Arya.
He only succeeds when they're like their mother, with those weak Tully genes.

I sense his imminent demise at the hands of Arya, using the dagger he gave Bran. He has no purpose at this point, KotV will follow Royce, Starks are not going to be manipulated, even Sansa knows what he is and doesn't need him anymore.

I agree with others that he deserves more, having started this whole shit-show in the first place, but they are rushing to the end now.

I'm really starting to dislike Arya's actress. The aloof yet cocky way she carries herself as Arya is incredibly aggravating.

Same, she is going for some kind of uber self assured personality but comes over like she has asperger's.

Thought it was a great episode, with characters being reunited and Dany going full on Warrior Queen.

Its not a documentary or a real life drame, so its okay for the writers and producers to use artistic license when they want to if they think it progresses the story.

Why is she wearing that?
How can they get there so quickly?
Why did the Dragon destroy everything apart from the big crossbow?

I mean come one, lol.

Forkball

tumblr_ouamedHd9Q1w4wf3qo1_1280.png

This is also still relevant:
CVOSuSa.png

Qurupeke

Fuck that ending. I'm not sure what the consensus is, did Jaime survive? I surely hope so. i was rooting for his side at this fight, even if the battle seemed pretty much one sided. I really hate that about current Dany, even if she lost two battles before. Also, I love Bronn, I wanted him to slay the dragon, too bad.

Neat episode, the battle at the end was good. Tyrion proves once again he's really one of the most sane characters on that world.

Edit: Also, fuck Arya. I hate what she's become. Brienne deserved better.

Sir Doom

That was a beautiful shot war scene. Maybe American Gods could learn how to balance plot and visual

Really great episode. I enjoyed Starks finally reuniting, and there are scenes that would have drag in the book but show sped it up.

I really thought one of the dragon will die. Also Jaimie is not dead because what is the point of all the rescuing scene for

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i like how bronn got out bronned by the dothraki who cut the leg under his horse. if bronn had died that way it would have been a good end for him, but then he turned into action hero man.

varys and qyburn have to be the two most incompetent masters of whisperers westeros has seen. varys has no idea about lannisters sailing and marching around the continent, and now qyburn had no idea dany loaded a massive army with horses, landed them somewhere near king's landing, and then marched them to meet the lannister army. and do these people not use scouts? pretty sure you're supposed to know an enemy army approaches before you hear their horses. not like the dothraki are subtle.

also, why is no one in winterfell sending jon a raven to inform him his dead siblings are popping in for a visit? are they waiting to see if maybe robb is coming too? i guess it would not be DRAMATIC enough.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
This was my least favourite episode of this season by quite a margin.

Every single emotional moment fell flat for me. Brienne saying "nice sword" seemed way out of place, like Arya is still nobility right? It was like "hey dude nice ride".

??? So is Brienne? Wearing a sword as a lady is already enough of a faux pas, she's recognizing another "lady" who doesn't want to sew dresses and play the delicate flower. Brienne acts perfectly proper towards Sansa.

Rixxan

I rewatched the episode early this morning

Man, this show ain't perfect, but after the rewatch all I could think was "people are going to miss this when it's gone"

What incredible spectacle, and what a journey it has been

Every Sunday night is an event, and regardless of shortcomings in the writing or execution, there has never been anything quite like this on television.

GOT is fantastic entertainment

Fisico

So in the preview

We have Jon mentioning he got word from Bran, was it from a raven or did Bran speaked to him directly with MAGIC (and of course didn't mention the Targaryen stuff)

really fun episode. all characterization and writing for dialogue is just in the toilet now though, now moreso than ever.

its a strange situation because I'm finally getting what I was waiting so long for with the plot progression and milestones like Daenerys touching down on Westeros and fighting the Lannisters...but man it feels like there are no characters in here any more. its all just empty fanservice. whatever little nuance this show had went straight out the window the more Benioff and Weiss had to rely on their own basura writing.

...it hooked me though with that battle lol. just keep giving us more of stuff like that and Super Saiyan Arya duels.

Frost_Ace

Cersei did mention the golden company right? Are they gonna bring in Jon Con and Aegon?

I know there aren't enough episodes

Dmax3901

??? So is Brienne? Wearing a sword as a lady is already enough of a faux pas, she's recognizing another "lady" who doesn't want to sew dresses and play the delicate flower. Brienne acts perfectly proper towards Sansa.

It was the first time Brienne spoke to Arya, I would've like a little more than "nice sword".

groansey

really fun episode. all characterization and writing for dialogue is just in the toilet now though, now moreso than ever.

This is sadly true which is why I'm not expecting any intricate plot twists or shock deaths now. You'd think they could've roped GRRM in to write some key parts of the concluding seasons. The action spectacle and existing characters are now carrying this, but Tyrion has been reduced to quipping about how he likes to drink and little else. The character as we knew him ended in season 4. And the deaths have been a lot less imaginative, especially in the case of Roose Bolton. Another issue is the dwindling cast, which makes the world feel a lot smaller than it did in S1-4. Finally, the pacing is all over the place

I'm sure this isn't the last time this series will be adapted to screen in our lifetimes, but for all it's faults it's still at least incredible entertaining version.

Lynd7

I don't see how this is the best episode ever, it didn't have much going for it outside of some nice action at the end. Drama wise it wasn't very satisfying.

Hjod

Banned
They could just strap The Mountain on the Scorpion and just shoot him into the dragon.

Just put a pointy helmet on him.

Dmax3901

I can accept people switching their brains off and being impressed by the battle but the episode preceding it was meh no matter what the climax was.

EDIT: Also I JUST realised that if Drogon had just burnt the whole line of Lannisters like he did the food the battle wouldn't even have needed the dothraki and they could've used the food for their armies.

Hystzen

They could just strap The Mountain on the Scorpion and just shoot him into the dragon.

Just put a pointy helmet on him.

Dude Shredder Mountain is going to fight his brother and the turtles at same time but fall off a wall into a dragons mouth

I have just caught up with this episode, the battle was excellent! On the upside, judging by the speed to army marching speed this series now have, the entire Westeros has the chance to rally to the North in time.

Davos couldn't stop hitting on Missandei is endlessly amusing.

I can accept people switching their brains off and being impressed by the battle but the episode preceding it was meh no matter what the climax was.

EDIT: Also I JUST realised that if Drogon had just burnt the whole line of Lannisters like he did the food the battle would'be even have needed the dothraki and they could've used the food for their armies.
Yeah, Infinitely Wise Dany just had her dragon blast a ton of supplies into ash lol. One step forward, ten steps back. It's been her strategy since the beginning.

Dude Shredder Mountain is going to fight his brother and the turtles at same time but fall off a wall into a dragons mouth
You know, I could see Cersei fake-agreeing to help everyone out at the Wall, just to finish her enemies off amidst battle with White Walkers. With zombie Mountain heading her hit squad.

Top Bottom