• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Still going through the thread from last night but...

Most marriage proposals
Elizabeth Taylor of Westeros.

Thank goodness the arrow didn't one shot Drogon. That would have been such a let down.
A small wound? Hope Drogon gets it treated before it ends up like it's namesake.

He's gotta stick around for Sam to show up at some point.

Randall can get some chickenshit death though.
Wouldn't it be great for Randyll to see Sam being brave and Dickon being a coward?

Mr Git

I thought that was the best episode of the season, seeing Drogon finally burning Lannister soldiers was cathartic as fuck. Really enjoyed seeing Arya go toe to toe with Brienne as well. Bronn and/or Jaime should have roasted though.

duckroll

How the fuck did Jaime and Bronn survive that battle? They should have both died at least 5 times each. Also Dany is fucking dumb.

Bizazedo

Bend the knee. Also I have no idea what I'm doing, please tell me what to do. Phew, thanks. Now bend the knee.

They never showed whether he actually did or not.

Maybe he did bend the knee and that's why she asked his advice? At that point, he was hers already?

I thought the whole point of that direwolf scene earlier with Arya was telling us that she was not going home before finishing her fight. then she just shows up in Winterfell.

Daenerys is such a moron in this show btw haha. "TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!"...she says in confusion to the dude she's trying to have kneel before her.

NandoGip

The term "plot armor" is so dumb. We're not watching a documentary lol. If it was realistic everyone wouldve died in the first two seasons and the show would have ended with no conclusion.

I guess there needs to be a nitpick every episode that everyone gets behind. Seems like Bronn/Jaime surviving will be the nitpick for this episode

duckroll

Okay so the episode was pretty entertaining.

Liked:
- Toasty Battle
- Arya "training" with Brienne
- Bran giving Arya the dagger
- "Chaos is a ladder" was cute
- Davos defecting

Didn't Like:
- Dany x Jon loooooooooooooool cave scene
- Dany asked for the 100000th time "what would YOU do"
- Most detailed cave paintings ever

The cave paintings would have been better if they had like drawings of the white walkers and how to defeat them.

"look Jon, it says in here you can defeat them by bending the fucking knee"

duckroll

I love how Bronn had the Dothraki on him, but then he finds the SECRET WEAPON, kills one of them, unveils it on the whole battlefield, and suddenly he cleared the stage flag and it becomes a QTE where he no longer has to worry about being ambushed while he slowly waits and aims.

yyzjohn

Banned
I love how Bronn had the Dothraki on him, but then he finds the SECRET WEAPON, kills one of them, unveils it on the whole battlefield, and suddenly he cleared the stage flag and it becomes a QTE where he no longer has to worry about being ambushed while he slowly waits and aims.

Yeah that was stupid. Bronn should have been roasted or slain. Hated that scene.

This season is only highlighting how much I want some of these characters to die already and just move on with the show.

If Jaime and Bronn had died I wouldn't have cared. Not my Jaime.

Ros8105

E2OIsQz.gif

Remember how good the Blackwater episode was. Oh man. Neil Marshall, script by the author, the freaking national performing the song for the end credits. Battle was much better too (though I had fun with this latest episode when the shit went down of course)

Man....i wonder why neither Marshall or Martin in particular never contributed more to this show. It's not like either were busy. They both crushed it.

Man I wish George Martin wrote some scripts for these final seasons

TheContact

Liked:
- Toasty Battle
- Arya "training" with Brienne
- Bran giving Arya the dagger
- "Chaos is a ladder" was cute
- Davos defecting

Didn't Like:

Wait, Davos defected? I missed that

duckroll

Remember how good the Blackwater episode was. Oh man. Neil Marshall, script by the author, the freaking national performing the song for the end credits. Battle was much better too (though I had fun with this latest episode when the shit went down of course)

Man....i wonder why neither Marshall or Martin in particular never contributed more to this show. It's not like either were busy. They both crushed it.

Man I wish George Martin wrote some scripts for these final seasons

Erm. Neil Marshall came back to direct the siege on the wall. Remember the epic climb an d the surprise WALL SCYTHE? :p

Wait, Davos defected? I missed that

It's a joke...

duckroll

Oh right. Shit man he should be the first one they call whenever they have to direct an action episode

Nah they got Miguel Sapochnik on speed dial now. Hopefully he answers all the calls for the final season.

Neil Marshall is directing the new Hellboy reboot. He's busy!

Rixxan

Nah they got Miguel Sapochnik on speed dial now. Hopefully he answers all the calls for the final season.

Neil Marshall is directing the new Hellboy reboot. He's busy!

Personally thought Sapochniks episodes were more finely crafted than Marshalls

Frankly I thought this episode was better crafted than Marshalls as well

duckroll

Personally thought Sapochniks episodes were more finely crafted than Marshalls

Frankly I thought this episode was better crafted than Marshalls as well

Yeah but I bet when he got the call, he made those episodes as good as they were at maybe half the cost of what GoT episodes are now? Just guessing but they first approached him because he was known to be able to deliver gritty stuff on a low budget with Dog Soldiers.

Rixxan

Yeah but I bet when he got the call, he made those episodes as good as they were at maybe half the cost of what GoT episodes are now? Just guessing but they first approached him because he was known to be able to deliver gritty stuff on a low budget with Dog Soldiers.

Thats fair - he probably squeezed every possible cent out of Blackwater

Hystzen

If the Golden Company is getting involved, is there still hope for Young Griff?

Bahahah nah that just a random name drop now most of gold is buring she won't be able to afford them. God i wish we got Aegon and Golden Company would also make Varys relevant to this show

Moff

I didnt like the Arya scene with Brienne. Felt dumb and unearned.

I am just happy my boy Bronn lives, I was pretty worried about him.

SteveWD40

So many reunions / meetings to look forward to:

Hound and Arya (he is heading North with the BWB)
Hound and Brienne
Bronn and Tyrion (has to happen at some point)
Jon and Jorah (moar jealousy when they hook up, he has your family's sword)
Hound and Mountain (Cleganbowl next series)

duckroll

One thing I noticed in this week's battle is how it adapts the visual language used in Battle of the Bastards, especially for the Bronn continuous shot while he's running to find the dragon killer. I like that, it shows that different directors on the show can still borrow from each other when things have been established as a style and shown to work.

LordKasual

Banned

Didn't Like:

- She wants D Knee

- I mean shes 0/2 and it's looking pretty bleak. You've got a guy named king from his battle exploits at your side, something Dany hasn't had since she abandoned her dick overseas and exiled Jorah. She'd be a moron NOT to ask him.

- they know magic man

Salvadora

So many reunions / meetings to look forward to:

Hound and Arya (he is heading North with the BWB)
Hound and Brienne
Bronn and Tyrion (has to happen at some point)
Jon and Jorah (moar jealousy when they hook up, he has your family's sword)
Hound and Mountain (Cleganbowl next series)
Dany x Jon too.

More heat.

Rixxan

I didnt like the Arya scene with Brienne. Felt dumb and unearned.

I am just happy my boy Bronn lives, I was pretty worried about him.

There were certainly missteps taken with her arc

But that scene still worked for me

We have seen her spend tons of time on needlework and even some acrobatics over these past six seasons

It wasn't wholly unearned, but maybe it rings a little hollow

I adored it though because I'm a sucker bitch for arya

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Isn't there an argument there are still supplies in high garden? Or did they explicitly say they took it all?
I think they said Bronn would help Dickon convince the farmers to harvest faster? Can't quite remember. Either way, food will play a big part of the plot since KL will run out. I don't see the bank helping as Cersei's land army has been destroyed. Should be interesting.

nampad

The episode had a lot of things I (and I guess the average fan) wanted to see:

-Big battle
-Dragons in action
-More of Bronn
-Arya and Brienne fight

Overall, it was one of the better episodes. I didn't like the cave paintings though, they kind of looked cheap. Should have been something better to convince Daenerys.

Also, why did Daenerys focus on the grain when she burned everything down and not on the Lanister soldiers. They could have used the grain (which was stolen from them to begin with).
Heck, she even complained about losing the grain.

That was probably my favorite episode since Hardhome. When this show nails it, it really nails it.

Only things I didn't like were Arya, who, just 6-7 episodes ago could still not compete with the fucking Waif without resorting to turning out the lights, is now Brienne's equal in a fight. That's just horsefeathers.

Either Bronn or Jaime needed to meet their end in this battle for it to really work from a storytelling perspective. I loved Jaime charging at Dany with the spear, giving zero fucks, but Bronn saving Jaime should have meant taking his place as a piece of charcoal, IMO.

AllenShrz

So a scred army, taken off ward while it that was on the middle of mobilization, with their backs against the river somehow some way not only fend of the dothraki while in full charge but also the biggest dragon and even managed to hurt him with a single ballista?

Fuck that.

pablito

One thing I noticed in this week's battle is how it adapts the visual language used in Battle of the Bastards, especially for the Bronn continuous shot while he's running to find the dragon killer. I like that, it shows that different directors on the show can still borrow from each other when things have been established as a style and shown to work.

Yep I totally got BOTB vibes when they went to Bronn in that shot.

Top Bottom