• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

studyguy

Lmao at the cave paintings

f8b5317bd7e0d9040842ddec8fa90091--cave-painting-art-project-for-kids.jpg

'Knew she'd fall for this! Fuckkin gottem bois!'

Real Hero

I am curious, why do you think the Night King looks so much different than the other white walkers?

Is it because he is a man created as a white walker via dragonglass to the heart as opposed to by the touch of the night king?

so he stand out as the obvious bad guy leaader

JakeD

Dragons may be OP in terms of current battles but from an entire-saga POV having drogon take a shot and get hurt on his very first battle in westeros is a little lame. The dragons have been built up as the ultimate weapon for 7 seasons and 5 books, (not to mention all the historical westeros stuff) They should have gotten a few flawless victories before their adversaries figure out a plan to take them out. Especially when the solution is as simple as "big ballista"

Definitely another thing that could be chalked up to budget/rushing to wrap things up I'm sure. It would only really bother me if the wound is really poisoned. In that case qyburn OP to the point of fuck this show

Showaddy

Dragons may be OP in terms of current battles but from an entire-saga POV having drogon take a shot and get hurt on his very first battle in westeros is a little lame. The dragons have been built up as the ultimate weapon for 7 seasons and 5 books, (not to mention all the historical westeros stuff) They should have gotten a few flawless victories before their adversaries figure out a plan to take them out. Especially when the solution is as simple as "big ballista"

Definitely another thing that could be chalked up to budget/rushing to wrap things up I'm sure. It would only really bother me if the wound is really poisoned. In that case qyburn OP to the point of fuck this show

Plenty of dragons have been killed throughout Westerosi history though, I mean one of Aegon's dragons got killed by a ballista bolt to the eye and the smallfolk butchered 5 in one night. A scene or 2 explaining why their not invulnerable would be better.

what a fucking episode goddamn

no euron is always a plus

davos being flirty around missandei is still weird

I was thinking of watching this on my 4k tv but chose my laptop, bad idea

did we ever find out who the original assassin for bran was from?

Qyburn is a Swiss Army knife to solve any trouble to arise for Cercei. He'd probably figure out a way to eliminate white walkers with a paper clip and some string.

HBO: oh hi, this is what a television show looks like now, what?

PYkkeKr.gif

The more I see this the worse it gets actually. The practical effects look absolutely brilliant, but I'm starting to see the flaws in the composition / CG.

But yeah, still pretty good.

it's a shame, in any other show where he wasn't merged with another important character, weirdly babyfaced and boring last season, didn't have all of his fight scenes ruined by shoddy editing, didn't come right after 2 chaotic evils and wasn't OP due to poor writing his hammy acting may have actually been enjoyable.

tmdorsey

The thought of a WW getting a dragon is nightmare fuel.

More like awesome fuel. Who doesn't want to see an awesome ice dragon?

Agreed. Especially if one of them is turned. Would be cool to see them fighting each other, actually.

It's funny cause I thought about earlier the fact of a scorpion killing one of the dragons and the fools just leave the body for the White Walkers to come across when they invade and then...boom you have a reanimated Ice Dragon for the Night King to ride.

also yeah the cave painting scene was the lowest point of the episode

and at least they acknowledged for sure why bran is acting the way he is but still lol

hemo memo

And this is only 1. What if they have like 20 with trained archers?

Its especially weird because he was a wife and like, many kids whom in the books at least he fantasizes returning to.

....Which is kinda weird in the show on another level, dudes got a family and never even mentions it, or even contemplates return to.

I don't like it either but in the show he only has 1 son who dies in the battle of blackwater and he never mentions his wife

Next Ep Preview:
Who were the chaps Dany was addressing with the "bend the knee or burn speech" in the next episode preview? It was hard to tell from their uniforms - ash-covered survivors of the battle?

Edit: Apologies all, I'm usually the one that complains about folks breaking spoiler policy!

rashbeep

Banned
The more I see this the worse it gets actually. The practical effects look absolutely brilliant, but I'm starting to see the flaws in the composition / CG.

But yeah, still pretty good.

that was the one shot that bugged me, everything else looked really well done

Azzanadra

what a fucking episode goddamn

no euron is always a plus

davos being flirty around missandei is still weird

I was thinking of watching this on my 4k tv but chose my laptop, bad idea

did we ever find out who the original assassin for bran was from?

Honestly I am probably mixing book canon and show canon at this point, but in both mediums I believe it was supposed to be Joffrey. 100% sure about the books, at least.

Enjoyed this episode the most so far this season.

The cave scene was silly, as was Arya vs Brienne. I enjoyed her disappearing on the winterfell guards and reuniting with the other stark children (poor Rickon).

I wonder how big a roll Rickon will have should the series be complete. I reckon he'd have benefited majorly from GRRM's original idea of a 5 year time skip. As it stands, I think he'll play a role in Stannis retaking the north and will be fleshed out during some Davos chapters.

Alfie Allen kills it as Theon, wish he'd be given more screen time.

Honestly I am probably mixing book canon and show canon at this point, but in both mediums I believe it was supposed to be Joffrey. 100% sure about the books, at least.

I always thought it was further Little Finger scheming?

I'm pretty sure they never said it in the show other than imply it's some Lannister or maybe LF
Enjoyed this episode the most so far this season.

The cave scene was silly, as was Arya vs Brienne. I enjoyed her disappearing on the winterfell guards and reuniting with the other stark children (poor Rickon).

I wonder how big a roll Rickon will have should the series be complete. I reckon he'd have benefited majorly from GRRM's original idea of a 5 year time skip. As it stands, I think he'll play a role in Stannis retaking the north and will be fleshed out during some Davos chapters.

Alfie Allen kills it as Theon, wish he'd be given more screen time.
Did Rickon die in the sh- oh yeah lol he did.

So Cersei just lust her army...right after the segment about hiring the Golden Company...

It's pretty much written out for us right there how she's going to replace her army, not much of a question.

Edit: Although, maybe the iron bank won't want to fund that transaction after seeing what Drogon just did..

Faddy

Banned

Really...Nobody Knows.

It is still a mystery. In the books Tyrion thinks it is Joffrey but has no real evidence. In the show we don't get that insight.

Speevy

Banned
They should have saved a great deal of screen time and just fucked when they met.

Missandei: "This is Daen..."

*Targaryen fucking noises*

Davos: "That took longer than I expected."

Azzanadra

Really...Nobody Knows.

It is still a mystery. In the books Tyrion thinks it is Joffrey but has no real evidence. In the show we don't get that insight.

IIRC the reason Joffrey is a plausible culprit is because both Tyrion and Jaime independently reach these conclusions, with Jaime giving the motive as Joffrey wanting to impress Robert because he overheard him say that Bran should be put of his misery.

The reason I don't find Littelfinger plausible as suggested by the posters above is because he would be in Kings Landing and had no access to any of the information- it had to have been someone at Winterfell. Then again this is show canon, but the culprit being Littlefinger seems like a step too far far even D&D.

Unless its a Skullface/Big Boss situation where it turns out he was there the whole time!

Faddy

Banned
So Cersei just lust her army...right after the segment about hiring the Golden Company...

It's pretty much written out for us right there how she's going to replace her army, not much of a question.

Edit: Although, maybe the iron bank won't want to fund that transaction after seeing what Drogon just did..

Dragons and Dothraki don't pay back money, they probably don't borrow it either. I think it would be in the Iron Bank's interest to keep Cersei in power.

Iksenpets

Banned
The thing that bothers me most about the idea that Jon and Dany have some instantaneous attraction to each other is that we've seen Dany in two relationships before, first wth Drogo, and second one she actively pursued with Daario. Like, Dany has a type, and it's not Jon. We're supposed to believe that after she was all about Daario she's decided that no actually, she'd like a nice sadboy who's all about duty and whatnot? Jon is just a younger, less creepy Jorah, which is the one guy we have her very clearly on the record not wanting.

And then Dany's not even a redhead for Jon.

Golden Company is only ~10k men according to wiki. Going to need more than that.

Top Bottom