• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Bran needs to do this:

1)Strap dragonglass to all the ravens
2)Warg all the ravens
3)Fly all the ravens beyond the wall
4)Nosedive the ravens into the horde

Even if the NK screws with the ravens like he did in the last episode, some are bound to fall and take out a few of them by sheer accident.
I think White Walkers don't dissipate on contact with obsidian, they still had to be stabbed in the right places for them to die.

Iksenpets

Banned
anyone at this point still not convinced dany is going the mad queen route?

finding out about jon after all her weary conquering is going to be the last straw, i reckon.

Yeah, I didn't like them playing up Jon and Dany being all buddy-buddy, but I'm starting to feel like it's a fakeout for when she turns on him rather than accept his claim. Though how you get to the point where Jon wants to press his claim over Dany's, I'm not entirely sure.

I'm pretty iffy on this one. Everyone going all in on an extremely risky plan to win over Cersei seems... ill-advised. It's the sort of thing I could see Jon thinking up, and Dany going along with, but the fact that Tyrion has such a poor understanding of Cersei's zero-sum mindset that he doesn't advise against it doesn't really feel true to that character.

The plot in Winterfell doesn't seem terribly interesting now that we've gotten past reunions. Littlefinger has somehow so wrapped Glover and Royce around his finger that they're openly speaking insurrection against the King after he's gone a few weeks? And Arya's just running around picking fights with Sansa over it because she's slotted right back into sibling-conflict mode?

And then Gendry shows up (yay!) but is suddenly all about his lifelong calling to adventure? Makes me wonder if they're setting him up for Quentyn-style disaster. His burn on Jon's height was pretty good though.

And boy it sure is convenient that the Septon who performed the secret annulment and secret marriage wrote down the secret, and then left it at the Citadel, where no one made note of it for two decades.

I'm wondering if maybe there was some Euron–Cersei off-screen sex and the baby isn't really Jaime's, to finally get around to him finding out about Cersei's infidelity and abandoning her.

Tyrion is completely right about Dany and the Tarlys. She doesn't understand the value of prisoners and hostages, and she kind of ends up justifying Tarlys complaints about her foreignness when she doesn't understand the message she sends when she gives a defeated enemy a dishonorable death like having him burned alive. Plus, with the Tyrells gone, and the Tarlys their apparently logical heirs in the show universe, wiping them out has basically decapitated a kingdom, probably condemning it to chaos for the next generation as all the local all struggle to establish a new pecking order to fill he vacuum. Tarly or his son would've come around and bent the knee once she had one the war, if she was willing to tolerate them as prisoners for a while.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Bran needs to do this:

2)Warg all the ravens

Even if the NK screws with the ravens like he did in the last episode, some are bound to fall and take out a few of them by sheer accident.
The books says dragonglass does nothing to wights so he'd have to dive bomb the WWs.

Bran needs to do this:

2)Warg all the ravens

Have any of the walkers/wights used long ranged weapons in the show? Couldn't a dragon just burn them all?

duckroll

This episode was pretty hilarious. The Arya/Sansa scenes were flat out bad. Really artificial, and probably going to amount to nothing because Littlefinger is probably done. The Cersei scenes were.... really "Cersei" lol. Dany was Ben... Ben... Ben D Knee... D Knee... D Knee. If ya dun Ben D Knee, ya'll gonna B D Ceased. Ben... Ben... Ben D Knee.

Tyrion is now a total loser giving advice that will clearly fail even if it sounds logical, just to look like the poor "sane" dude trying to advice a crazy woman. And then.... Jorah RETURNS! And thus begins Operation Fanservice.

Jorah: I'm back, missed me? KHALEESIIIIIIIIIII! *wink*

Gendry: Whoa whoa WHOA I'M BACK ON THE SHOW! (Davos: Rowing? *wink*) SHUT UP LET'S GO GO GO. I'll do ANYTHING. I'll go ANYWHERE. I'll fight ANYONE. Just to stay on this show please please please!

The Hound: Sup, we were just chilling in this fucking prison the show forgot to update you on until we're ready to join the party!

Thoros: Yes, join the party!

Beric: Whatever, join the party!

Tormmund: Yeah whatever let's go!

lmao

(I forgot about Sam, but that was another amazing "let's move the plot, hurry up, gogogogo, SICK OF MAESTERS!!!" plot. Lol.)

Werd

The books says dragonglass does nothing to wights so he'd have to dive bomb the WWs.
So if someone were to kill the NK, is the assumption the undead army just collapses mothership style? Curious how similar his power is to warging... so little information about the White Walkers in the books that I can remember.

Violet_0

Banned
Have any of the walkers/wights used long ranged weapons in the show? Couldn't a dragon just burn them all?

that why they'll get zombies dragons later. No one should act surprised when there will be zombie dragons on the screen, the Beyond the Wall arc has basically always been Warcraft 3

This episode was pretty hilarious. The Arya/Sansa scenes were flat out bad. Really artificial, and probably going to amount to nothing because Littlefinger is probably done. The Cersei scenes were.... really "Cersei" lol. Dany was Ben... Ben... Ben D Knee... D Knee... D Knee. If ya dun Ben D Knee, ya'll gonna B D Ceased. Ben... Ben... Ben D Knee.

Tyrion is now a total loser giving advice that will clearly fail even if it sounds logical, just to look like the poor "sane" dude trying to advice a crazy woman. And then.... Jorah RETURNS! And thus begins Operation Fanservice.

Gendry: Whoa whoa WHOA I'M BACK ON THE SHOW! (Davos: Rowing? *wink*) SHUT UP LET'S GO GO GO. I'll do ANYTHING. I'll go ANYWHERE. I'll fight ANYONE. Just to stay on this show please please please!

The Hound: Sup, we were just chilling in this fucking prison the show forgot to update you on until we're ready to join the party!

Thoros: Yes, join the party!

Beric: Whatever, join the party!

Tormmund: Yeah whatever let's go!

lmao

(I forgot about Sam, but that was another amazing "let's move the plot, hurry up, gogogogo, SICK OF MAESTERS!!!" plot. Lol.)

yeah but suicide squad hype

Gigglepoo

Tyrion is now a total loser giving advice that will clearly fail even if it sounds logical, just to look like the poor "sane" dude trying to advice a crazy woman.

Did you hear D&D after the episode? "Like many of these situations on the show, the one to figure it out is Tyrion."

Tyrion has offered exclusively bad advice since joining Dany. She accused him of trying to help his siblings!

Moff

that episode was all kinds of awesome
ALL KINDS
dragon action
jon petting a dragon
creepy Arya
GENDRY
gilly finding out that Jon is a legit Trag with a better claim than Dany lmao.
THE BIG WOMAN
good bros heading north

I am thrilled

John Dunbar

correct about everything

arya became a master assassin after doing everything wrong in braavos for like two seasons, so sam should be a decent measter now.

jfkgoblue

I just want Jon to find out that he is ahead of Dany in the line of succession so he can go "bend da knee" on her entitled ass.
What happened to the other wildings in Eastwatch?
They were there, you see them as they go north of the wall.

But on a similar topic, where are the NW and why isn't the Eastwatch commander a part of the conversation?

Gigglepoo

I just want Jon to find out that he is ahead of Dany in the line of succession so he can go "bend da knee" on her entitled ass

He's only ahead of Dany in a patriarchy. She's the king's daughter, though, so that should be ahead of the king's grandson. Dornish law!

duckroll

Let's see how good the party composition is....

Jon - Ranger (sword + bow)
Gendry - Berserker? (hammer)
Jorah - Knight?
Hound - Warrior?
Thoros - Priest
Beric - Paladin
Tormund - Barbarian

Hmmm..... let's try again

Jon - The Father
Jorah - The Mother
Gendry - The Smith
Hound - The Warrior
Thoros - The Maid
Tormund - The Crone
Beric - The Stranger

........nah.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Season's been pretty rushed, being on a 7 episode run, but I think this episode felt it the most.

Inside the 1st 10 minutes of the show, Dany's back at Dragonstone. Sure, she has a dragon, and we see her land. Doesn't explain how the same Khal guy ("You're people can't fight") is back at dragonstone as well, with enough time to "interview" Jorah and walk him to the cliffside. Did he ride another dragon? Maybe they have Water Horses.

Maybe they should have hired another actor, or maybe use Varys instead, to bring him up.

Then there's Gendry. I'm all for having him back, he's got some nice info to share (Arya, Brotherhood) and has Season 1 ties (Robert/Ned). But that might have been the jokiest moment of this show. The Davos attempt to talk him into coming with him, only to be cut short by Gendry immediately saying yes. Almost like a sitcom. His hand waving of a reason to go is also really poor. "I know I have to do something and I'll know it when I see it." Really?

Maybe throwing in some lines about Cersei blowing up the Sept of Baelor. How people really understand that it was her. That some people, especially ones that have come up against her wrath and lived (Gendry) could have desires to get out of Dodge (Kings Landing) on a moments notice. Maybe even throw in that people are catching onto the whole "Dragons are real" and maybe staying around in KL might be a bad idea.

Inside 30 minutes, Gendry is found, stands before a King and Queen, and arrives and marches beyond the wall.

Season should have been a couple episodes longer.

Gigglepoo

Nope, Rhaegar's children come before his siblings. So he would be ahead of Viserys if he was still alive.

Succession is not really my thing but Rhaegar died before Aerys so he was never king. Wouldn't the offspring of the ruler come first? I'm now officially confused.

Let's see how good the party composition is....

Jon - Ranger (sword + bow)
Gendry - Berserker? (hammer)
Jorah - Knight?
Hound - Warrior?
Thoros - Priest
Beric - Paladin
Tormund - Barbarian

Hmmm..... let's try again

Jon - The Father
Jorah - The Mother
Gendry - The Smith
Hound - The Warrior
Thoros - The Maid
Tormund - The Crone
Beric - The Stranger

........nah.

Not feeling the party set up.

Jon- Class: Lord. He has the best gear and overall stat distribution, so he's gonna need to do the bulk of the fighting.
Jorah- Class: Knight. A basic meat and potatoes fighter. Pretty unspectacular considering the mobs they have to face. You can only hope for some decent DPS.
Gendry- Class: Blacksmith. This is not the guy you take into battle. He should be at the home base making new gear and overcharging you for it. Though he does have a hammer, which might come in handy if you need to do blunt damage considering everyone else has piercing or slashing weapons.
Tormund- Class: Berserker. His damage output is good and he's destined to land some critical hits, but considering the sheer numbers he needs to be protected at all times.
Thoros- Class: Paladin. He is the only healer in the entire group, and he's not even solely dedicated to that. A huge flaw considering he has zero AoE healing spells.
Beric- Class: Magic Knight: He brings in some much needed elemental damage, but we all know his defense stat is garbage.
Hound- Class: Warrior. He's basically gotta be the tank of the group. He's extremely weak for elemental attacks, so if the army of the dead does any ice magic he's done for.

I would've brought Mel for some magic damage, and maybe Qyburn for item use.

:)

jfkgoblue

Succession is not really my thing but Rhaegar died before Aerys so he was never king. Wouldn't the offspring of the ruler come first? I'm now officially confused.
Just because Rhaegar died first, it doesn't mean his children get jumped by his siblings in the the line of succession.

Hazmat

Unpopular opinion:

Arya is annoying and I hope she dies.

Yeah, I want her gone. The weird detached psychopath thing they have going with her doesn't really work for me, and I don't think the performance is helping. Of course, it's possible that no one could make that character work anymore.

Jetman

So, Gilly of all people, all of a sudden knows how to read (we haven't seen her read stuff before, right?) and of all things she reads she somehow finds a hidden diary that has potential proof of Jon Snows parentage via Rhaegar and Lyanna....and throws that shit aside, I guess?

wtf, hahaha

Dany with the "I didn't give you permission to leave" and "I've grown used to you" has kind of sold me on this romance despite the show not really earning it.

Iksenpets

Banned

Nah, the line of first-born sons always takes precedence, even if someone in that line died before inheriting. Any of Rhaegar's children would have a better claim than any of his siblings, regardless of the circumstances of his death.

So, Gilly of all people, all of a sudden knows how to read (we haven't seen her read stuff before, right?) and of all things she reads she somehow finds a hidden diary that has potential proof of Jon Snows parentage via Rhaegar and Lyanna....and throws that shit aside, I guess?

wtf, hahaha

i'm pretty sure we have seen sam trying to teach her to read

actually i'm probably thinking of davos and shireen

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just because Rhaegar died first, it doesn't mean his children get jumped by his siblings in the the line of succession.

Lead me to wondering, if Ella's children had survived, would the anullment have actually removed them from the lone of succession? I don't think it would have.

wtf, hahaha

i'm pretty sure we have seen sam trying to teach her to read

Think Shireen started teaching her back when they were all at Castle Black. The girl was a miracle worker, 2 of her pupils amazingly came across random notes that changed/changes things (Stannis goes north, Jon Da King)

jfkgoblue

wtf, hahaha
Sam and Shireen teach her is season 5.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Lead me to wondering, if Ella's children had survived, would the anullment have actually removed them from the lone of succession? I don't think it would have.
Yes it would have. An annulment means the marriage never existed. If it never existed then the kids were retroactively stripped of being true born.

jfkgoblue

Nah, the line of first-born sons always takes precedence, even if someone in that line died before inheriting. Any of Rhaegar's children would have a better claim than any of his siblings, regardless of the circumstances of his death.
Well the Targaryans decided that uncles come before daughters after the dance of dragons so Viserys would have come before his daughter.

But as it stands right now, even with Dornish laws of succession Jon is the "rightful" king of the seven kingdoms.

Yeah, I want her gone. The weird detached psychopath thing they have going with her doesn't really work for me, and I don't think the performance is helping. Of course, it's possible that no one could make that character work anymore.

Yeah, it's really jarring. Both girls have that now and it feels unearned. I've said this before, but book Arya would probably break down in tears if the other siblings accepted her assassinry, as a core conflict of her is not wanting to return in fear of being rejected due to what she had to become.

For some reason, I don't think Arya will go back to the North. Maybe she'll return as Nym, but I don't see a physical return happening.

I know it sounds silly, but the show could definitely use some time traveling aid tools, like:

6 Months Later
4 Weeks Later

So Davis literally sailed on a small boat almost the entire world in one epusode?

jfkgoblue

Yeah, it's really jarring. Both girls have that now and it feels unearned. I've said this before, but book Arya would probably break down in tears if the other siblings accepted her assassinry, as a core conflict of her is not wanting to return in fear of being rejected due to what she had to become.

For some reason, I don't think Arya will go back to the North. Maybe she'll return as Nym, but I don't see a physical return happening.
She will return to Winterfell in the books, no doubt about it IMO.

jett

D-Member
I know it sounds silly, but the show could definitely use some time traveling aid tools, like:

6 Months Later
4 Weeks Later

So Davis literally sailed on a small boat almost the entire world in one epusode?

I don't think it's silly at all. This show needs help. How long has Sam being at the Citadel? Baby Sam was a baby when they got there. He's way older now.

Top Bottom