• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

jfkgoblue

To be honest killing a dragon may have been foreshadowed, but it still takes balls, that is the biggest death since the Red Wedding.

Oh great this fucking bullshit again.

Zabka

Gotta love how he gets the spear from his second in command. Dramatically walks up and has a sweeping view of the battlefield. Sees a huge stationary dragon target right there on the ground with all the enemies preparing to use it to escape. And then aims his spear a the distant moving target in the sky BEHIND that target and throws.

The White Walkers like fucking with people. Not even joking.

Let's count the stupid in this episode.

1: Fake kill Thoros, only to kill him of screen 20min later.
2: Gendry runs back to Castle Black, they send a raven to Dany, and she flys across the continent, before the undead can cross a lake.
3: Ghostrider Benjen.

NK could've speared the fellowship of the wight way before dany could've arrived

This is so odd

You fucking serious, Benjen the most wasted character

Actually kinda pissed off about this. My man shows up out of nowhere to save Jon and sacrifices him because ?????

At least die fighting off white walkers instead of wights. I wanted to see him try taking it to the Night King and get utterly trounced.

Sean C

Dany: "What about those who swore allegiance to you?"
Jon: "They'll all come to see you for what you are."
Sansa (offscreen): "Oh, for fuck's sake."

jett

D-Member
Sansa's Westeros experience

Psychologically and physically tortured by Joffrey
Psychologically and physically tortured by Ramsay
Psychologically tortured by her own fucking sister. lol.

They've really ruined show Arya for me. They've pretty much murdered this character.

There was some cool stuff this episode.
There was a lot of dumb stuff too, but I can look over it.
And then there was Arya. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

golem

Bleh all this was dumb. They could have hit the same plot points without all this cheap drama and rescues, just shitty writing.

greatgeek

Banned

2: Gendry runs back to Castle Black, they send a raven to Dany, and she flys across the continent, before the undead can cross a lake.
It seems like the standoff lasts for a few days.

Man, I loved this episode but Game of Thrones is becoming more and more a shonen manga. I half expected to see Luffy to show up with a new gear.

Guess it's too late for nephew and aunt fucking this episode

wL9DkAS.gif

dabig2

So much dumb shit happened that I almost want to start the old IMDB meme of "100 things I learned from Game of Thrones season 7 episode 6."

The worst though is this Winterfell plot. So clear that the writers are stalling because they're waiting for some finale bombshell, but they need to give their billed actors something to do. Reminds me of the Faith plot throughout S6 in KL.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Screw this Zombie Dragon bullshit....

We never saw them camp for a night. It's completely possible they were not a day out of Castle Black (or was it Eastwatch) before finding the Undead Army.

duckroll

Opening scene in book one. They toy with the Royce ranger and laugh while killing him.

That's not much fucking around. Comparable to the Night King's COME AT ME BRO posing at the end of Hardhome I guess? There's no indication that they really deliberately let people win when they could wipe them instead. There's little reason to think he ignored Dany and Drogon on purpose, more like he was stuck in an animation lock because he already targeted the other dragon from a distance earlier and couldn't cancel the attack. (lol)

gun_haver

Hmmm... I need to reflect on this more but I think this is my least favorite GoT episode ever...

Yeah. They've pretty much fucked it.

Stupid, fanservice crap and it all seems to be heading to a simplistic good vs evil battle against zombies. I thought they might be pulling a nice turn out there by making Dany become draconian, but nope, she's a saviour and she has always been a saviour and that's all there is to it.

It's gone mainstream spectacle at the expense of everthing else. Seeing Tyrion chase after Dany shouting 'we're lost without you!!!'. Come the hell on.

The show is plummeting towards the end here. Didn't really expect it to be this bad.

What did they do in the books? I don't even remember them having as much presence in the actual story compared to the show.

Maybe he's referring to the first time you see them where they surround the Night's Watch ranger and are all laughing at him while he tries to fight one of them? Other than that I have no idea.

Right now fully expecting Jon on the dragon named after his father fighting Night King on the lame dragon that can't dodge. With Jon jumping off his dragon to cut off NK's head.

That's not much fucking around. Comparable to the Night King's COME AT ME BRO posing at the end of Hardhome I guess? There's no indication that they really deliberately let people win when they could wipe them instead. There's little reason to think he ignored Dany and Drogon on purpose, more like he was stuck in an animation lock because he already targeted the other dragon from a distance earlier and couldn't cancel the attack. (lol)
Animation lock - Nights king is a Capcom character?

Top Bottom