• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dany and Jon's son will be named Eddard Rhaegar Renesmee Albus Severus Targaryen

2 seasons left and only 14 episodes left. Of course they were going to rush through things this season. I didn't really have a problem with any of the stuff this episode, other than I think more members of the Fellowship of the Bros should have died.

Burt

Welp, that's a big, fat 0 out of 10.

I'm glad only Thoros bit it in that mess. Even the people it's time to say goodbye to deserved better.

f0lken

Bran should've be arriving at winterfell in the next episode and not as early as he did, because all the Winterfell "tension" is so easily avoided with him in the same building that I can't even try to feign interest in this storyline

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
NK after getting a new Dragon.

iB5OCdW.gif

Neifirst

lord knows I'm not a writer but there had to be a better way to script an episode that features so many great characters, the army of the dead, and the birth of a zombie dragon. That was a terrible episode, and my standards are not high!

Shahadan

That was the director of Thor 2? Can't say I'm surprised.

I mean, shitting on the writing is fun and all but that's not the only thing wrong with this garbage

jett

D-Member
Will zombie dragon be able to breathe fire? I mean, wights don't breathe at all. Surely it won't breathe ice. The show would be reaching new levels of fanmade idiocy. So I guess it's gonna happen.

Promo stuff:

Jon and Dany teaming up with Cersei will never not be the stupidest shit.

Cersei better die this season. I've had enough of D&D's apparent infatuation with this character.

ryseing

Dany: "What about those who swore allegiance to you?"
Jon: "They'll all come to see you for what you are."
Sansa (offscreen): "Oh, for fuck's sake."

Dany is Jesus guys.

FUCKING HELL

Somehow, that Jon/DANY scene made Sansa finding the LITERAL BAG OF FACES only the second dumbest thing that happened this week.

dabig2

That's a net loss of two dragons for this dumb plan.

Like, they know the NK can raise dead animals. No reason why he couldn't raise a dragon. Shouldn't the gang have been more worried about this possibility at the end? If I were Jon, I wouldn't be apologizing for agreeing to this dumb ass plan because her 'child' died, I'd be apologizing for allowing the NK to get his hands on a damn nuke.

Undead dragon?

Looks like the TV show writers are taking notes from fan fictions.

I mean, I always joked about how the Night King can turn one of the dragons into undead, but holy shit I feel so stunned that the writers actually made that happen.

duckroll

That was the director of Thor 2? Can't say I'm surprised.

I mean, shitting on the writing is fun and all but that's not the only thing wrong with this garbage

Alan Taylor was fine before he went off to Hollywood. Now he can't do shit without reminding people that he is the director of Thor 2 and Terminator Genisys. Sad.

Faddy

Banned
Undead dragon?

Looks like the TV show writers are taking notes from fan fictions.

I mean, I always joked about how the Night King can turn one of the dragons into undead, but holy shit I feel so stunned that the writers actually made that happen.

I was enjoying my ride past the books plot but man, this episode is the first time I really really miss the books

It will be much more nuanced when George writes about the wight dragon right guys

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The shows gotten pretty explicitly pro-incest, huh.

Also, they can still by back the Arya thing if this is some long game to draw out Littlefinger but at this point she just seems like an idiot. I'm really hoping they pull that back, because that's just incredibly dumb character work otherwise.

ryseing

Imagine if they didn't have production bottlenecks and Jon brought Ghost along for this episode. Would have been so much better...

No Ghost at Hardhome. No Ghost at Battle of the Bastards. No Ghost at Battle at Icy Lake. Shame shame shame.

The show's continual disrespect of direwolves is easily in my top five pet peeves.

jett

D-Member
Y'all gonna complain when GRRM put this stuff in the books as well?

I'll be surprised if most of any of this is in the books. You really think GRRM is going to contrive for seven fan favorites to get together and march towards the "Night King"? This character doesn't even exist in the books thus far.

jfkgoblue

Dany can have kids

That's why they keep bringing up that she can't
It's pretty explicit in the books that she can, the show? Not so much.
I'll be surprised if most of any of this is in the books. You really think GRRM is going to contrive for seven fan favorites to get together and march towards the "Night King"? This character doesn't even exist in the books thus far.
The ice dragon is definitely happening in the books, the way it happens will probably be different.

Spacebar

The only thing that bothers me was Benjin dying the way he did. They could have easily ran off together. Should have made the night walkers closer while he battled to get jon on the horse.

It will be much more nuanced when George writes about the wight dragon right guys
I have no problem with the death of a dragon and turning it. When you have 3 dragons you've got room to play there and it's relatively consistent with other things presented. It's just the overall execution of everything that just hurts my head. We went full TV this Ep

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dany: "What about those who swore allegiance to you?"
Jon: "They'll all come to see you for what you are."
Sansa (offscreen): "Oh, for fuck's sake."

Jon can convince them. Dany just did what she should have known she would need to do. EARN the loyalty of Westeros. Dany just few in on a dragon, by herself, to fight the White Walkers and saved their King.

Rixxan

People trashing the writing (understandable in some cases)

But honestly Taylor is a fucking hack

This show desperately needs Sapo back next season

Top Bottom