• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Hazmat

honestly this show could stand to get sexy every now and then again. we need more sexposition to distract from the poor plotting

Has the only depicted sex this season been eunuch sex? Jaime and Cersei banged, but we didn't see any of it. Ellaria and Yara almost got stuck in a Myrish swamp, but they were interrupted.

Man, every time I see that White Walker put his arm out when aiming the javelin, the only thing I can think of is:
Al%20Bundy.jpg

Burt

so what will happen in the season finale?

obviously wall goes down and sansa engages in some stabby time with littlefinger, all very predictable

hopefully the summit of queens will deliver something interesting

Edit: preview speculation

Tyrion dies

I'm not even on the "He's wrong 100% of the time" train, but he's way past being useful at this point. He's definitely been wrong about pretty much everything in Westeros, he did the stupid succession conversation, there's no third dragon for him to ride, Cersei isn't gonna let him leave alive, her killing him after both sides promised peace is like the last remotely reasonable shot the show has at turning Jamie against Cersei, etc. And *mild shock* Jorah survived so now the coin has to go the other way.

Given that there's every reason for it to happen, I have absolute confidence that it won't happen.

manfestival

honestly this show could stand to get sexy every now and then again. we need more sexposition to distract from the poor plotting

You should see the look of disappointment on my face every time we get the MA rating descriptions before the show begins. Graphic violence, Adult Language, and other things. Missing the most important thing of all :(

Zocano

Watched the episode.

Usually stupid stuff happening in shows isn't something I notice or care too much about but jesus fuck this episode was kinda full of it and first time I *really* thought the show went to shlocksville. I mean it was always kinda trashy fun but this one in particular was bad.

Cappa

Banned

Tyrion dies

I'm not even on the "He's wrong 100% of the time" train, but he's way past being useful at this point. He's definitely been wrong about pretty much everything in Westeros, he did the stupid succession conversation, there's no third dragon for him to ride, Cersei isn't gonna let him leave alive, her killing him after both sides promised peace is like the last remotely reasonable shot the show has at turning Jamie against Cersei, etc. And *mild shock* Jorah survived so now the coin has to go the other way.

Given that there's every reason for it to happen, I have absolute confidence that it won't happen.

spoilers in the spoiler thread? I always get confused which thread im in lol

I dont think Tyrion dies.

Tyrion dies

with all the boring material he's gotten ä dinklage has been understandably checking out this season

you're right it's probably for the better to kill him

hydruxo

That episode had a lot of dumb shit but I think we can all agree that Tormund had some hilariously great quotes lmao. I love that guy.

Griss

Tyrion dies

Nah, Tyrion will survive and after Jaime kills Cersei to prevent her from destroying King's Landing (or letting the White Walkers win the war out of spite) Tyrion will be the one to convince Dany to spare Jaime's life as a reward. That will be Tyrion's big oratory moment and the conclusion of the arc of the Lannister siblings, as Dany is really, really going to want to burn Jaime alive. Jaime will retire to Casterly Rock with Brienne as lord of his diminished, defeated house and Tyrion will remain as hand of the king or queen depending on which of Dany or Jon sits the throne.

It's also obvious what's going to happen next episode - (mild preview spoilers)
"Cersei there's all kinds of shit that will wipe everyone out in the north and middle of Westeros."
"Oh that's terrible, you mean Winterfell and the king in the north and all of his armies will be destroyed?"
"Yes."
"And Daenerys has lost a dragon and may lose more if she has to keep fighting them without my help?"
"Yes."
"How ghastly. Well, good luck!"

EDIT: Shit wrong thread lol, guess it doesn't even matter any more if I can't even tell

jett

D-Member
I'm comparing it to last two seasons of Lost. Writers just dont know what to do with all these stories and subplots.

I never venture into book spoiler thread but last night got me beyond worked up.

We'll have to wait and see how much of a shitshow the final season becomes, since I actually enjoyed Lost's S5 haha.

Nah, Tyrion will survive and after Jaime kills Cersei to prevent her from destroying King's Landing (or letting the White Walkers win the war out of spite) Tyrion will be the one to convince Dany to spare Jaime's life as a reward. That will be Tyrion's big oratory moment and the conclusion of the arc of the Lannister siblings, as Dany is really, really going to want to burn Jaime alive. Jaime will retire to Casterly Rock with Brienne as lord of his diminished, defeated house and Tyrion will remain as hand of the king or queen depending on which of Dany or Jon sits the throne.

It's also obvious what's going to happen next episode - (mild preview spoilers)
"Cersei there's all kinds of shit that will wipe everyone out in the north and middle of Westeros."
"Oh that's terrible, you mean Winterfell and the king in the north and all of his armies will be destroyed?"
"Yes."
"And Daenerys has lost a dragon and may lose more if she has to keep fighting them without my help?"
"Yes."
"How ghastly. Well, good luck!"

EDIT: Shit wrong thread lol, guess it doesn't even matter any more if I can't even tell
What do the main characters even hope to get out of Cersei? She doesn't seem to have much of an army, so... Euron's navy? Some conscript old men and child soldiers? Just an agreement to stay in KL and not obstruct things?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What do the main characters even hope to get out of Cersei? She doesn't seem to have much of an army, so... Euron's navy? Some conscript old men and child soldiers? Just an agreement to stay in KL and not obstruct things?
Sellswords from Essos? Stop trying to make sense of this shit.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Arya sounded like a twit. You think her experience would have changed her somewhat but she fell right into the bratty little sister role quickly.

She's the badass we all deserve. Sansa has just been nasty af this season and needed to be ✔️'d

Arya sounded like a twit. You think her experience would have changed her somewhat but she fell right into the bratty little sister role quickly.

I'm almost positive Arya is playing Sansa. She's playing the truth game by scaring her. She gives her the dagger at the end to tell her basically "I'm on your side, don't fuck up"

I'm almost positive Arya is playing Sansa. She's playing the truth game by scaring her. She gives her the dagger at the end to tell her basically "I'm on your side, don't fuck up"

The callback to the truth game is to make the viewer realize that she saw through Littlefinger's stupid plot in minutes

I fucking wish

dabig2

The callback to the truth game is to make the viewer realize that she saw through Littlefinger's stupid plot in minutes

I fucking wish

I don't even care anymore. The showrunners are hedging all of this on the finale where we'll probably see that 2 teenage girls and a teenaged crippled boy outsmarted LF, finally. But I'm at the point where I hate that they wasted all of this time in WF on an F-level plot with serious shit going down elsewhere.

People go on and on about how much the story HAS to suffer because we're now at endgame and there's no time to plan out a sensible story, but here we are in WF wasting precious scenes on this garbage plot and wasting these actors' talents.

Fuck all of this.

Given that GoT is partly based on actual events in British wars, my prediction is that next season (and even in the books) we'll have a big battle against the undead where either the Lanister army or some mercenary force line up for battle then just shake their heads and ride off when called to enter the fray.

There is absolutely no way that Season 8 or the last book* are humans vs. undead. The only question is about how Cersei betrays whatever peace deal they attempt next episode.
I mean, her whole philosophy is that you win the game of thrones or die, no middle ground.
That's one reason why I dislike the whole peace deal plan. It's so obvious that it will fail soi there's no tension, unlike most of the big clashes where it's feasible that either side could win.

*because even being optimistic, Winds of Winter is the last book he'll ever write *snap*

I just really can't get over sending a raven to Dragon Stone while the magnificent 7 fucking wait on a rock. I mean, it's just so ridiculous that it can't be defended. Even on the inside the episode, D&D said something like "How were we gonna do this? Well them trapped on a rock on thin ice would be somewhat believable"

Not only is Dragon Stone incredibly far away, Dany has never been to Westeros ever! She flew ALL THE FUCKING WAY there on her dragons? How did she navigate? How did she know where to go. How did she find them beyond the wall? That's a pretty epic journey in itself, flying across almost the entire continent of Westeros on Dragon for the first time? But no we skip that entire thing because we need "OMG DEUS EX MACHINA DRAGONS SHOWIN UP" Just ugh on that all around.

It would have been much better to have Bran get involved here. Have Bran be the one to warg into a raven or something and contact Dany somehow. I don't know, but Bran should have been used here. Would have made it way better.

ZOONAMI

I just really can't get over sending a raven to Dragon Stone while the magnificent 7 fucking wait on a rock. I mean, it's just so ridiculous that it can't be defended. Even on the inside the episode, D&D said something like "How were we gonna do this? Well them trapped on a rock on thin ice would be somewhat believable"

Not only is Dragon Stone incredibly far away, Dany has never been to Westeros ever! She flew ALL THE FUCKING WAY there on her dragons? How did she navigate? How did she know where to go. How did she find them beyond the wall? That's a pretty epic journey in itself, flying across almost the entire continent of Westeros on Dragon for the first time? But no we skip that entire thing because we need "OMG DEUS EX MACHINA DRAGONS SHOWIN UP" Just ugh on that all around.

It would have been much better to have Bran get involved here. Have Bran be the one to warg into a raven or something and contact Dany somehow. I don't know, but Bran should have been used here. Would have made it way better.

Dragons are really fast dude, like faster than an F22, and can see for hundreds of miles around them with infrared eyeballs.

Rixxan

3=4>1=6>2=7>💩>💩💩💩>5

imo

Assuming next weeks episode is good, and I have a good feeling, somehow

Moff

can't really place 7 so far, feels a lot different because of the pacing, will probably end up somewhere in the middle, though. I don't hate it and enjoyed a lot of it.

Top Bottom