• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

studyguy

If the Winterfell plot doesn't end with Arya/Sansa killing LF and taking his face to assume his position then I'm gonna just laugh. It's getting to the point of Dorne now with how hard it is to take seriously.

Faddy

Banned
It has consequences and a whole lot of bad stuff happens to everyone.

But if noble/smart acts aren't rewarded how can anyone tell if devious/stupid acts are being punished. If everyone suffers how are consequences separate from rest of the shit in the world

I have to wonder what will happen to the other two dragons. I bet we will see a dragon vs dragon battle at some point in time.

My biggest question is if that dragon could have been revived before it was turned undead? They had to bring it back up to the surface, but is there anyway to save him? Probably not, there's only 1 person left who can bring back the dead. Melisandre perhaps?

what happens if white walkers make it to king's landing

can they raise the dragon skeletons

she'll probably be the one who tells beric and the fire men to go to the wall

the hound will probably join up and won't have a vision

there

beric is dead

One thing showrunners have found is, anyone in opposition to the main 'heroes' of the story get negative reactions.
That's one of the things I will always be in collision with part of the fanbase, especially only-show audience. In my particular view, what was fascinating about ASOIAF's universe is that most things and characters aren't black and white. They're more grey than anything. I can actually sympathize with the Lannister cause when we have characters like Kevan or the "new" Jaime. Tommen is a good boy and could become a good king. But some people are just too invested in the Starks and only care about their pov. Sure, they are the good guys and the victims most of the time but that's not how I would like the story to be about.

In other hand, for example, the Hound isn't a good guy. He is a murderer, he even considered raping Sansa, but most fans love him because he said "fuck the king" to Joffrey and became buddies with Arya, so he is in the good side. And of course, he is also badass. Unfortunately for me, the show is becoming more and more like a regular fantasy series with good guys vs. bad guys fueled by fanservice.

mantidor

It is the problem with some shows where the viewer knows something the characters don't. We know the white walkers are dangerous and Jon is right. Cersei doesn't matter. But to Sansa who had her life destroyed, Cersei matters, not some threat we don't know.

This is precisely why Arya became a fan favorite. Same with Tyrion. Same with Bronn. But a lot of people I saw were wishing Drogon burned Bronn alive before he could fire the spear even though they liked him elsewhere. We hated Theon when he turned on the Starks but now like and empathize with him.

I remember reading on Reddit a very important point, Sansa is a "mind" character, she works really well as POV character because what goes on her head is what is important, that is very difficult to pull on the show, so I get initial hate, but after how her story developed in season 5 and 6 I'm left scratching my head, how can people be more sympathetic to Theon or hell even Jaime when what they did to the Stark favorites is by far much, much worse than some lame letter or she acting spoiled that one time?

Sanctuary

I noticed that, and it was the last episode. Even then in this episode, they did not do a decent job showing how many were with the group. Maybe I missed some hints in the background in between the important dialogue between characters while hiking, but its distracting seeing multiple deaths when its been ham and fisted that this is a small group.

As I said in previous posts, some might have missed the fact that they left with at least three shown extras. However, they definitely ended up adding more randoms to certain scenes to make them look better. The very first time this happens is with the polar bear too. Maybe the guys just fast-traveled and we didn't see them as they caught up with the party right before they died?

Dickon Tarly is an original character as far as I'm concerned. They did a decent job with him.

Granted he only had a couple of scenes, but still.

We always just called him Billy.

CloudWolf

You know an episode is bad when even the people who usually complain that I complain too much were like "Fuck man, this was some bullshit".

Majmun

Don't think Catelyn would want to leave Winterfell.

Man, no sense thinking about this actually. Book and show are so different now. Can't wait to see how GRRM will work this out.

I'm sure the show is already touching some A Dream of Spring material.

Moff

Man, no sense thinking about this actually. Book and show are so different now. Can't wait to see how GRRM will work this out.

A time for wolves probably

jett

D-Member

Why would ZombieCat even go to Winterfell

Gigglepoo

Oh well fuck

well there you go. She'll tell the merry gang to go capture a wight. Or something.

Martin is angry that LSH isn't in the show. You really think her purpose is just too tell people to go North? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

You do realize she is about to see Jamie, right?

Majmun

Why would ZombieCat even go to Winterfell

I really don't know. I'm just going by the current situation based on the show. Which is basically baseless.

But If Cat would be in the show, and still alive, she wouldn't want to leave her daughters.

And there's a huge catacomb there that she can haunt with her presence!

Martin is angry that LSH isn't in the show. You really think her purpose is just too tell people to go North? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

You do realize she is about to see Jamie, right?

She literally told Brienne to go here and do that. LSH seems content in staying in one place

And I'm pretty sure Jamie is being brought to her. LSH is a rock, man.

Edzi

That gave me a chuckle. Can't find it either, but it made me think of an image I've seen of some random undead that had no jaw or throat, but still had its tongue dangling out somehow.

Probably from Witcher 3.

maxresdefault.jpg

Gigglepoo

She literally told Brienne to go here and do that. LSH seems content in staying in one place

And I'm pretty sure Jamie is being brought to her. LSH is a rock, man.

I didn't say LSH was traveling around. She's been chilling in her hideaway while the Brotherhood enacts her revenge.

I think it's funny that you're trying to simplify the books to match the show even though the books are anything but simple (and the stories diverged years ago).

I didn't say LSH was traveling around. She's been chilling in her hideaway while the Brotherhood enacts her revenge.

I think it's funny that you're trying to simplify the books to match the show even though the books are anything but simple (and the stories diverged years ago).

simplify what

I'm just stating the fact that LSH just likes sitting around telling people what to do and that in the books she'll probably be the one who tells the brotherhood to go to the wall to help Jon

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What actually bothered me most in the entire episode was how there conveniently was one wight left that they could capture when the rest fell. It felt like their order of 1 wight takeout was ready. At least let two survive so they had to kill the other, now they had it on a silver platter.

It's a minor thing in an episode with a mountain of issues, but still struck me as lazy.

Gigglepoo

simplify what

I'm just stating the fact that LSH just likes sitting around telling people what to do and that in the books she'll probably be the one who tells the brotherhood to go to the wall to help Jon

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you meant LHS' whole purpose was to jump start this wight hunt. You just think that's how she'll fit into this quest. My bad.

Though I doubt this quest will happen in the books it does seem plausible that she'd direct the BwB to go North.

My money is still on her to resurrect Jon, though. She knows about Robb's will and has the crown. Can't wait to find out!

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you meant LHS' whole purpose was to jump start this wight hunt. You just think that's how she'll fit into this quest. My bad.

Though I doubt this quest will happen in the books it does seem plausible that she'd direct the BwB to go North.

My money is still on her to resurrect Jon, though. She knows about Robb's will and has the crown. Can't wait to find out!

Right. I don't think the wight quest will happen as shown in the TV show, but I feel that it will be something similar. If not a wight, it'll be a white walker.

Ingeniero

Now the 3 headed dragon=3 riders theory is dead, DEAD.
I think this will happen in the books as well.... the show keeps on spoiling the book readers.... Whats the point now.

Won

I always tend to defend the show, because it's probably not easy getting to the end in such a short time if GRRM takes decades for it.

But this episode was just dumb.

From all the stupidity that happens beyond the wall (that was your plan, Jon?) and in Winterfall the thing that bothers me most though is probably how damn unlikable they made all the Stark kids for this season. I just don't get what they are going for here.

Also lol at the resapwning red shirts. Looked to me as if the same guy got killed over and over.

And Benjen is going to be some sort of meme.

Ingeniero

What actually bothered me most in the entire episode was how there conveniently was one wight left that they could capture when the rest fell. It felt like their order of 1 wight takeout was ready. At least let two survive so they had to kill the other, now they had it on a silver platter.

It's a minor thing in an episode with a mountain of issues, but still struck me as lazy.
Actually that's not bad writing or convenience.
That was planned by the Night King, that maginificent bastard is so clever and had his goal the whole time, get a nice, big dragon. The planted wight was brilliant.
#TeamNightKing.

why would sansa leave the vale

Probably be sold off by littlefinger

that for sure will happen

Actually that's not bad writing or convenience.
That was planned by the Night King, that maginificent bastard is so clever and had his goal the whole time, get a nice, big dragon. The planted wight was brilliant.
#TeamNightKing.

The clues have been there that the NK is a potential seer. The way he can see Bran while he's possessing something else or doing his farsight.

So if he is a seer, then this episode will be redeemed. If only because everything that happen will be because the NK 3D chessed everything.

Top Bottom