• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Faddy

Banned
I hope Cersei does win, the "good guys" shouldn't be rewarded for acting stupid. Like, seriously, how do you get ambushed at sea? Was nobody keeping lookout? The ocean is pretty big, and empty, pretty hard to miss someone sneaking up on you.

Also, "taking Casterly Rock" being used as a red herring twice now, lmao. Do better D&D. We all know you ain't spending your budget on another set.

The Greyjoy ships were heading south to bring up the Martell forces. Dany's ships taken from the slavers are still on their way to The Rock.

I will give them credit, Cersei's speech to the lords made a lot more sense than I would have thought beforehand. Reminded me of Alliser Thorne's explanation of betraying Jon Snow.

Pein

Banned
It'd be dope if they dived into Euron drinking nightshade and practicing some suspect magic. Right now he's just victarion acting psycho.

Man and that greyworm scene was so fucking dumb, missandei liking that no ball having weirdo is still the crappiest thing on the show. I appreciate it only because nathalie emmanuel is like the most gorgeous girl ever and boobs I guess.

I will give them credit, Cersei's speech to the lords made a lot more sense than I would have thought beforehand. Reminded me of Alliser Thorne's explanation of betraying Jon Snow.

really it reminded me of donald trump

He gets 1,000 points by killing Obara and Nym. Loses points for giving the most maniacally over the top performance in show history.

He gets points for that. He lives the hot pants.

Also his sweet tentacle axe.

Good episode. Feel like i got a good idea where the rest of the season is going go. And no i have read no spoilers. Just trailers. Heres my predictions

In the south-
- eoron has essentially neutralized dorne and yara in one fell swoop.
- tarley will take out highgarden neutralizing them.
- unsullied sack casterly rock, where tarley will turn his attention wiping them out.
- all these losses will force Dannys hand into playing hardball bringing the dothraki and dragons into battle, Danny looses a dragon to a ballista but ultimately wins the fight
-she also looses the people trust as a result.
- cercei, about ready to lose everything pulls a mad king and threatens to burn the city so Danny has nothing to rule out of spite
- Jamie kills her as a result. Kills himself afterwards.
- Danny looking at the destruction she has cuased wonders if she has a right to rule and decided to head north to help John.

In the North-
- bran returns home while John is gone and let's sansa know the truth about John.
- little finger finds out and started turning the houses of the North against John.
- sansa feeling the pressure from the houses agrees John has to go.
- when John returns home he faces a coupe and is forced into exile. He heads to eastwatch by the sea with tormund.
- the brotherhood shows up, they tell John about what the have seen and they take a crew North to investigate.
- a fight ensues and casualties are had. John and company are forced to flee.

Faddy

Banned
He gets 1,000 points by killing Obara and Nym. Loses points for giving the most maniacally over the top performance in show history.

He is going to impregnate Baddest Pussy and tie her to the prow of his ship. Oh wait that is *unreleased* book Euron.

really it reminded me of donald trump

He gets points for that. He lives the hot pants.

Also his sweet tentacle axe.

Except if Mexicans actually are an army of murderous rapists.

I expect DandD to have Dany control the Dothraki because they are simplistic writers, but if this series were more mature the Dothraki would be terrorizing Westeros by the end of the season.

Zolo

Ellaria and Tyene should have had some poison prepared to drink because that would have been much better than ending up with Cersei.

Guys,
both Ellaria and Tyene are kneeling before Cersei in the preview. They're dead.

I guess it's my fault for expecting the spoiler to be a joke, and I expected that to happen, but come the fuck on. Some of us skip the preview for a reason, and you could at least say it's a preview spoiler.

Edit: Now people are posting the preview stuff openly. I'm out.

dsp

I'm actually expecting King's Landing just to flat-out explode rather than it being prevented at this point.

dany-throne-got.gif

Queen of the ashes.

Iksenpets

Banned
Sea battle was good (though way too reliant on quick cuts to get around none of the actors actually being talented fighters) and seems to have finally purged us of the Sand Snakes, but still no idea where they're going with the Greyjoy plot as a whole. Euron is keeping Yara alive... to bait Theon, maybe? I don't know. But it seems like narratively they have to keep her alive just to give Theon some objective and opportunity to redeem himself, yet again. I still worry that their desire to set up Euron as The Most Evil Ever will lead to some really wretched stuff for Yara, which could turn that whole plot line sour really fast. Alternatively, maybe they set up Yara/Ellaria because we're going to get a nice season of them bonding in prison.

Also, still no signs of Euron's ties to the occult, though the Sand Snake corpses on the prow are at least a little echo of that stuff. (Silence is really nicely intimidating looking, especially with that touch) I feel like bringing that stuff forward would at least make his miracle fleet and getting the drop on Yara feel a little less ridiculous.

Bringing back Hot Pie was nice, but man there really needs to be some payoff to Nymeria later or that scene will just sort of feel like cheap heartstring tugging.

And Sam miraculously curing Jorah by reading some shit in a book is... lame. My biggest hope is that there's some consequences for it, and all of Oldtown dies from greyscale after Sam's sloppy surgery puts the virus out there.

Also, the writers have become way too fond of their little recurring refrains, with the wars to come and kings/queens of the ashes, but it's hard to criticize that given how guilty the source material is of the same crime.

Speevy

Banned
I guess it's my fault for expecting the spoiler to be a joke, and I expected that to happen, but come the fuck on. Some of us skip the preview for a reason, and you could at least say it's a preview spoiler.

The only spoiler etiquette is not to do stuff like
character
dies.

Whether you can tell something is a joke is not part of the bargain.

Gnome

If you're referring to the GIF, it seems you need to watch Season 2 again. Also, where the heck did you think Euron was going to take Ellaria and the sandsnake? Candyland?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Man, they had a Winterfell Crypts scene with Jon and they didn't even start digging to find out what's under the crypts.
It's not time to show the Great Other yet.

I'm actually glad that the show as gone for the more fanfic-y route. The more difference with future books the better.
Can't get more different than having an ending.

If it was the Waif wouldnt Nymeria have killed her?
Oh so they weren't implying that if it was Arya, Nymeria would have killed her?

Anyway, why would the waif know hotpie? I mean she was kind of dismissive of him tho.
Look at you taking joke posts seriously.

Gnome

A lot of non-bookreaders and “I listened to it on audio” ppl round these parts.

Is there a distinctive difference in comprehension between readers and listeners? I've never listened to a book before. The only thing that pops out at me that would make a difference is being able to spell all the weird names correctly or not.

Flare

That was good episode until that sex scene, and surprise armada. But, I suppose those are nitpicks. I'm just happy we're getting some somewhat better character moments than last season and whatever the fuck season five was.

Edit: No wait, how could I forget the "foreign invasion" and "mommy" lines. Ugh.

That episode was awful, maybe the worst in the series. Full of fan-service, poor writing, bad direction, clumsy exposition, amateurish editing, and terrible character development. When Jon hands the North to Sansa, and Jaime parlaying with Randall Tarly were good scenes, but otherwise, just bad.

There was some nice acting, as always, from Diana Rigg, but why do they keep cutting to Deaneries for a reaction? Was it because they couldn't cut to Tyrion to see how he was reacting?

Arya hadn't heard that Jon Snow was KotN before then, not even when she was staying with the Freys? comeon/gob.gif. And what did she mean, "No, that's not you?"

The sex scenes were ridiculous. Grey Worm's lip smacking was laughable.

How disappointing how they did Theon, again! Why have him fighting heroically in battle, only to jump overboard in cowardice? Alfie Allen showed the "Reek" emotion well, but it was too sudden and unearned in the scene.

Scene transitions are still too on-the-nose or over-the-top.

I was fine with Sam skinning Jorah, but did he need to be so bad at it?

I'm posting this without reading any reaction. Curious to see if I'm off-base. My wife did not like the episode, either.

And I know this criticism is silly, but it is (mildly) annoying that so many characters dress in black. It would be impossible, and admittedly ridiculous, if people dressed as colorfully as in the novels, but literally the only people who wear black are the Night's Watch.

Speevy

Banned
Arya is the Waif, Jaqen is Nymeria, wolf 1 is Syrio Forel, wolf 2 is that black man who let her into the House of Black and White.

This was a test to see if she was being Arya Stark enough and she passed.

Your in the wrong thread. The title littetly says in caps UNMARKED SPOILERS

There is another thread where preview discussion is not allowed

I honestly didn't mind the Grey Worm stuff for once. It's refreshing to see POC with speaking roles on the show once and a while.

Also he has a nice ass

Dysun

Glad to see Victarion made it on the show after all

Asha and Dorne have always been terrible on the show, so this is a good development.

Top Bottom