• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Gigglepoo

Euron and Cersei were entertaining. Rest of it was just boring.

You were bored by leather on breastplates!?

Seriously, though, I liked this episode. Tyrion's narration was particular smart storytelling given that no one gives a shit up the Unsullied killing nameless soldiers.

Yeah she's getting bodied. But it's possible she can still get help from the Starks and possibly the Vale barring any LF fuckup.
The Starks and the Vale are up North, way too busy with the army of the dead. There's no way they're going south to help Neurotic Dany and her dragons get the throne. No chance.
She still has the dragons, so they can just write any obstacle in front of her and then have Dany overcome it with dragons

I don't think she'll have those dragons for long tbh. I'm willing to bet Euron's ships are now equipped with the bayonet-thing Qyburn created. This is a land of teleportation after all. Also, she basically doomed her whole Unsullied army and won next to nothing. Jaime had 3eyedraven'd this.

Patriots7

If Bronze Yohn and Littlefinger are in the North with the Vale forces, couldn't Cersei just go to the Vale and seize Robyn and coerce the Vale into cooperation?

RaidenZR

6 years of buildup and Danny is pretty much totally neutralized in two episodes because of a guy with magic, teleporting ships....

Pretty much. Speed running to the ending... because of reasons. Euron's ships are an easy out, but if it was so important to the endgame, then they should have introduced him and established his strength ages ago.

TheExodu5

Banned
I will raise this point for the new page: why is Daenerys floating her army in the seas to be picked off by thr Iron Island fleet when her Dothraki horde can dominate the countryside?

Vyer

I seriously don't see Daenerys winning this. She got played like a fiddle just now.

she just gotta join the

1D1ZtHZ.jpg

Cvie

If Bronze Yohn and Littlefinger are in the North with the Vale forces, couldn't Cersei just go to the Vale and seize Robyn and coerce the Vale into cooperation?

you don't just go to the vale, even the show established the murder alley as the only route to bring an army in.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I will raise this point for the new page: why is Daenerys floating her army in the seas to be picked off by thr Iron Island fleet when her Dothraki horde can dominate the countryside?

Isnt Dragonatone like, really far north. Its why Jon is meeting up with her. That march would take the horde very, very far.

Also, it was funny seeing Bronn pop up again as soon as Jaime left King's Landing. I've been noticing that all the time ever since someone mentioned him and Cersei's actress refusing to be on set together.

Yeah that situation was news to me when it was brought up in this thread recently. Kinda funny to see it happen after that knowledge.

Dysun

Not crazy about Cersei's portrayal as a tactical genius after reading AFFC, but it makes a good foil for the final seasons of the show.
Jaime in name only is a bit of a disappointment as well.

Enjoyed the rest of the episode outside of Bran, who doesn't come across as mystical but just wooden.

KahooTs

You were bored by leather on breastplates!?

Seriously, though, I liked this episode. Tyrion's narration was particular smart storytelling given that no one gives a shit up the Unsullied killing nameless soldiers.
Dany asking Tyrion how things are going to go for the battle, after she's all ready sent the forces off. And Tyrion telling them all about his secret sewer entrance, as if that mightn't have been discussed prior.

I wouldn't call anything they've done smart, but I hope for entertaining. A few minutes of random soldiers dying signifying two castles having been taken did nothing for me.

Patriots7

you don't just go to the vale, even the show established the murder alley as the only route to bring an army in.
It's winter so they wouldn't be in the Eyrie.

And I'm not saying full force attack, but a kidnapping of the Lord of the Vale would force half of Jon's forces to return back to the fold.

I seriously don't see Daenerys winning this. She got played like a fiddle just now.

Winning what? Her little war against Cersei? She's absolutely going to win that. I know this because she's currently losing badly. That's how it works in the show and the books. Whoever jumps out of the gate winning is pretty much doomed.

Vyer

they have discussed that several times these first few episodes. it's what dany considered doing originally. she was talked out of it, because having hordes of dothraki raping and pillaging and killing would push support to Cersei as she's trying to use the 'invading savages' angle and nobody knows anything about Dany.

an army of dothraki and unsullied marching across the lands would pretty much support what she's telling all of the lords and houses she's trying to get to fall in line

Socivol

Because when they tried to go slow and explain things people bitched that it moved too slow. Plus with the dragons and white walkers I'm sure there are budget reasons.

The writers stated they only had 13 Episodes left of material and I'm glad we're not getting 7 episodes of filler that they don't care about

I understand not wanting filler nonsense but this season is moving a bit too fast and they aren't giving enough exposition for a lot of what is going on. I also don't think the budget increased with the number of episodes being cut. There are supposed to be two 90 minutes episodes though so it's essentially an 8 episode season.

Davos is just a random adviser or something to Jon. Why would he want to start any shit with Tyrion who is Danys hand, a much more higher rank.
Because Tyrion was responsible for his son's death. As a once father, he probably would let the facts of the matter get the better of him at least at first.
As for ravens I doubt they would waste them during wartime unless the news were very important. We don't even know if they had ravens in Dragonstone that could deliver the message to where his wife was.
again...why would Davos's own family not be important to him? Unless they do not exist to him anymore?

Gigglepoo

Dany asking Tyrion how things are going to go for the battle, after she's all ready sent the forces off. And Tyrion telling them all about his secret sewer entrance, as if that mightn't have been discussed prior.

I wouldn't call anything they've done smart, but I hope for entertaining. A few minutes of random soldiers dying signifying two castles having been taken did nothing for me.

It was contrived but a lot more entertaining than just watching the Unsullied fight no names.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Identifying someone from the preview for next episode:

The person drawing the valyrian dagger is definitely Littlefinger http://i.imgur.com/Sq3YMu1.jpg
Gotta try to take out Bran. Too bad LF will probably die because of it.

I'm not complaining about anything necessarily, but with how fast things are going down left and right, this just totally reinforces my thought that the showrunners have a tiny little bullet point list of big events from GRRM and even that's likely pretty slim. And as such, that's the biggest reason why we're speeding towards a fan fiction ending for the series, cause the showrunners don't have the books as a nice detailed map anymore.
Or GRRM gave them great detail and they're just ignoring what they don't want to film like they did with his other books.

Isnt Dragonatone like, really far north. Its why Jon is meeting up with her. That march would take the horde very, very far.
No, look at a map.

Because there's no one in the countryside to fight?
Once the Unsullied have to leave The Rock, there will be fighting in the countryside. And Dany's Dothraki will also take a big fat L.
This is the classic make your plot-armored-as-fuck-hero appear weak to gain some unearned surprise victory. Cersei is getting the boot.
It would be nice seeing Dany failing tbh. That discussion she had with her advisors about letting the dragon's loose speaks of her recklessness, that will eventually kill at least one of those dragons.
Winning what? Her little war against Cersei? She's absolutely going to win that. I know this because she's currently losing badly. That's how it works in the show and the books. Whoever jumps out of the gate winning is pretty much doomed.
I don't know. Maybe? I hope not, tbh.

Cvie

It's winter so they wouldn't be in the Eyrie.

And I'm not saying full force attack, but a kidnapping of the Lord of the Vale would force half of Jon's forces to return back to the fold.

20 good men? I don't see it as plausible, like you said its winter, its also wartime. No keep should be letting anyone in especially from outside their lands, theyve got to survive for potentially years on there reserves of food.

Joeytj

Banned
I guess I enjoyed the episode, but, honestly, I share the complaint that its seems they're just rushing towards the final battle, if there is one.

Everybody is just teleporting from one place to the other, and neutralizing the Tyrells, Martells and half the Greyjoys in just three episodes is sucking up the entire momentum built up from last season.

The whole thing is just kind of lazily skipping along.

KahooTs

Should have had one of the dragons front up to Jon, sniff around him a bit, be like why the fuck does man-bun smell like mum? Maybe they'll do that yet.

Socivol

I guess I enjoyed the episode, but, honestly, I share the complaint that its seems they're just rushing towards the final battle, if there is one.

Everybody is just teleporting from one place to the other, and neutralizing the Tyrells, Martells and half the Greyjoys in just three episodes is sucking up the entire momentum built up from last season.

The whole is just kind of lazily skipping along.

I couldn't agree more the last episode of last season made it seem like an epic battle would be coming up this season but Dany and her allies have just been fucking everything up. Now that I think about it, this season is reminding me of Final Fantasy XV's 2nd half where everything (while still being good) is just rushed super fast to get you to the ending. Hopefully now that they have taken out a bunch of the side characters they can slow it down a bit and focus a bit more on exposition of what's going to happen.

Speevy

Banned
Sansa: "Come on Bran. You're the lord of Winterfell. You're one of the most powerful men in the north."

Bran: "I am the north."

Sansa: "Okay, fine. You can be the north. Just come inside."

Bran: "I...see...everything..."

Sansa: "Okay, I'm going inside now."

Bran: "I want to see you in that wedding dress again."

*Sansa takes off running*

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Should have had one of the dragons front up to Jon, sniff around him a bit, be like why the fuck does man-bun smell like mum? Maybe they'll do that yet.
It'll be Rhaegal. Viserion will be the one taken out because he's just floating in mid air like a moron.

Jeels

Why is it that they're seemingly rushing this show to an end?

It's the biggest TV show right now, a cultural phenomenon and it's popularity is always rising?

Why not have a full 10 episode run this year and let things breath? I'm sure HBO would be more than happy to fund more episodes? What are the major actors doing outside of GoT?

Why are D&D already planning their next show when they should be focusing on living up to monumental expectations?

Better planning and a few more episodes and I believe a lot of grievances had with the last few seasons could be remedied. Many arise from cutting corners. Euron now is just a vessel to forward this 'war' to a conclusion.

The answer to your question is the answer to why the show is so terrible. It's David and Dan. They want to wrap it up because...reasons? HBO would love to have kept this going and they could have if they properly wrote seasons 4+ but that's when shit started getting diluted and now we're left with this shell that they are just trying to push to an ending.

Speevy

Banned
Remember though, the Greyjoys are afraid of dogs.

If Theon can just adopt a Doberman Pincher, he'll rule the iron islands once again.

Top Bottom