• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Speevy

Banned
I don't think it matters what the Vale of Arryn does now since Littlefinger's character arc is tied to Sansa and not the Vale so much.

Yohn Royce is there to represent the knights of the Vale.

Speevy

Banned
Sansa's new army

original.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
LF: "I think of every possible outcome so I'm never surprised."

Bran: "You were married to a psychopath on a day just like today."

Sansa: "That piece of shit LF knew what would happen to me with Ramsay."

Frost_Ace

Luci means light

Fer when used in conjunction with a word means "that which carries/brings"

So literally its translated as "That which carries/brings Light".

Its interesting to note that Luci is also feminine, since Lucius is the male gender of the name.

So literally translated from latin, Lucifer translates to "She who carries Light".

The root "luci" comes from the genitive "lucis" of the word "lux" which is feminine, since things have genders in latin and the other romance languages. It has nothing to do with the one that carries the light though :p

NandoGip

Anyone think the Bran and Baelish scenes imply something will happen between those 3? Baelish telling Sansa to be omniscient, and Bran actually being omniscient.

Peléo

But imagine going through all those Aegon and Stoneheart chapters that you now know aren't relevant to the story at all. I lack the willpower.

Knowing Aegon is just a distraction after reading the fifth book and watching the series was surely dissapointing. Same for most of the interesting plot lines from Drone.

Speevy

Banned
Petyr: "You can trust me. Everyone who can testify about how untrustworthy I am is ether dead or hundreds of miles away. Do...sneaky things, Sansa. To everyone. No one will ever know."

*world's largest telepath appears at the gate*

Petyr: "Shit."

zethren

Banned
Petyr: "You can trust me. Everyone who can testify about how untrustworthy I am is ether dead or hundreds of miles away. Do...sneaky things, Sansa. To everyone. No one will ever know."

*world's largest telepath appears at the gate*

Petyr: "Shit."

Yeah, this is the main reason I think LF is going to die much sooner than later.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Assuming the order of the scenes aren't that far separated, chronologically : Jon sailed to Dragonstone from Castle Black, faster than Arya can get to Winterfell from Hot Pie's inn?

NandoGip

Assuming the order of the scenes aren't that far separated, chronologically : Jon sailed to Dragonstone from Castle Black, faster than Arya can get to Winterfell from Hot Pie's inn?

Why would you assume that?

The scenes and timelines are mostly out of order for the story's sake.

A fan could probably recut it so the timeline makes better sense. Don't stress it.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
A friend of mine told me yesterday he "liked the chess play" that is being played on scene in these first three episodes.

What? Fucking stupid checkers is all I'm seeing. I'm not even that disappointed in the outcome of the plan, but we're not even seeing the plan act out. Everybody is just teleporting from one place to another and yelling "well, I win" and that's how everything right now is playing out.

I get there are budget and time constraints, but they're not even tied to the books anymore, why invent battles and a war that you're not even going to show? Or why build up to a potential Dany vs Cersei clash at the end of last season and suddenly deflate the entire suspense right away, just so they can hurry to the war with the WW?

At this rate, Cerci will have to be murdered. That's really the only way she's ever going to be stopped if she keeps on winning like this.

On top of that, this all seems designed to force Dany to flee to the north regardless of her stated aims.

I'm seriously beginning to worry about Sam. Dude's flying too close to the sun every episode. Steals his dad's sword, steals maester books, steals Jorah's skin. Dude's gonna get caught sooner or later.

Aside from the obvious problems, there have been some great scenes from D&D. Especially dialogue scenes. They really write Cersei in particular well, in my opinion -- in fact, better than GRRM does.

And the scenery, sets, costumes, and cinematography have jumped up several notches this season. Having the same seasonal budget but spread out over fewer episodes is definitely paying off.

Aside from the obvious problems, there have been some great scenes from D&D. Especially dialogue scenes. They really write Cersei in particular well, in my opinion -- in fact, better than GRRM does.

And the scenery, sets, costumes, and cinematography have jumped up several notches this season. Having the same seasonal budget but spread out over fewer episodes is definitely paying off.
The dialog scenes in ep 3 were almost painfully stiff...

Outside of Olenna of course.

Speevy

Banned
That's not what I'm talking about though, it's just this season. I'd find a screen but I'm lazy and on mobile.

I think it's to distinguish the northerners from the Boltons. The costume designers probably have

-Dress - Stark loyal northerners
-Dress - Bolton loyal northerners

and now

-Dress - Jon Snow northerners

I think it's to distinguish the northerners from the Boltons. The costume designers probably have

-Dress - Stark loyal northerners
-Dress - Bolton loyal northerners

and now

-Dress - Jon Snow northerners
Remembering faces is hard :(

But it's especially odd because it makes no practical sense and it isn't aesthetic either.

The root "luci" comes from the genitive "lucis" of the word "lux" which is feminine, since things have genders in latin and the other romance languages. It has nothing to do with the one that carries the light though :p

Thats where fer comes in

Think of the latin word aquifer, fer simply compounds with luci.

Gigglepoo

Peléo;245028525 said:
Knowing Aegon is just a distraction after reading the fifth book and watching the series was surely dissapointing. Same for most of the interesting plot lines from Drone.

What isn't a distraction? If Jon doesn't kill the Night's King, will he be a distraction? Is Cercei a distraction if she doesn't take the throne?

But imagine going through all those Aegon and Stoneheart chapters that you now know aren't relevant to the story at all. I lack the willpower.

How do you know this? It's very clear the show is telling its own story. And even some of the beats seem like they'll mirror the books to a degree. Tarly is almost certainly going to betray the Tyrells in the books too, but they'll do so by siding with Aegon.

I feel like Davos should have mentioned his sons in the throne scene. I know he had less of them in the show die in Blackwater, but still. Talking about barely winning sounds like something I'd say after a game of Overwatch, not in reference to something that killed my children.

Faddy

Banned
There is confirmation on the original three eyed raven's identity, and it is not future Bran. The original three eyed raven is Brynden Rivers, aka Bloodraven, a Targaryen bastard.

No one knows if he is the original 3-eyed raven or took the position like Bran has.

So because they aren't on the show they are "irrelevant" in the books? that's a very strange read.

How do you know this? It's very clear the show is telling its own story. And even some of the beats seem like they'll mirror the books to a degree. Tarly is almost certainly going to betray the Tyrells in the books too, but they'll do so by siding with Aegon.

The fact Aegon is not present, means he will 100% never make it to the Iron Throne by the end of the books, otherwise he would be in the show. It certainly undermines the importance of certain characters that seemed pretty relevant by the end of ADD, and assures you they're not key elements to the story.

The fact Aegon is not present, means he will 100% never make it to the Iron Throne by the end of the books, otherwise he would be in the show. It certainly undermines the importance of certain characters that seemed pretty relevant by the end of ADD, and assures you they're not key elements to the story.

What? Being able to read the text would also tell you that Aegon won't sit the Iron Throne because he's a character introduced in the 5th book and there are many clues that he is not the real deal. That does not make him irrelevant to the story. I encourage you to think about the story beyond a simple plot level.

Or cutting away his ascendancy to the throne might be what you choose to do to compress three (let's be real, GRRM won't wrap it up in two) books into 15 hours of TV

Ye, torturing people gets her going, which along with the wildfire lovefest, is a direct parallel to the Mad King

I saw it as a direct parallel to Euron too. When he was marching Yara & the sandsnakes through the streets, he said it was making him hard.

And the way he says to Jaime "no not now! we'll talk later" about fucking Cersei just the way he nonchalantly misread Jaime's mind, the same way Cersei nonchalantly misread Elaria's mind when she says "I know, we aren't supposed to have favorites."

Again, you don't know this and the show and book are telling different stories. I'd argue that Aegon has a very good shot at becoming the next king of Westeros, simply based on his position at the end of Dance; I really think he'll be king before TWOW ends. Martin himself has said multiple people will sit the Iron Throne before the end...

It's clear the show is telling an abridged story that is racing to the end.

Tiktaalik

My prediction for Daenery's next setback will be that Randyll Tarly will wipeout the Dothraki in an epic on screen battle.

The show has already highlighted Tarly's Westerosi nationalism and xenophobia, as this was the reason he decided to support Cersei over Daenerys. He doesn't want to see savage outsiders run rampant across Westeros and so it would be fitting for him to be the main general to stand against the Dothraki.

Since the first season characters in the show have had a very high opinion of Dothraki fighting ability, and everyone assumes they'd cut through chivalrous Westerosi knights like a hot knife through butter. Of course there's no evidence that this would be the case, as the Dothraki have never stepped out of Essos and come up against Westerosi armies. It would be a stunning upset and great drama if this Dothraki reputation is not all it's made out to be, and some clever tactics by Tarly, a reputed genius General, allow him to utterly destroy the Dothraki.

Additionally it makes sense for the Dothraki to die in a field somewhere for story reasons as well. It's not going to be a very good look for Dany if the Dothraki pillage Westerosi villages, rape women, tear down septs, and carry off religious artefacts. If this doesn't occur then it would be hard to believe that the Dothraki have changed and they would be capable of happily adjusting to Westerosi norms, becoming knights and occupying holdfasts. There's simply no place for the Dothraki in the story in the future. The Dothraki have to go away somehow and I bet we'll find out how soon.

Gigglepoo

Aegon is the perfect foil to Dany. He has a better claim, is a man, and has Westerosi allies. She'll be a foreign invader with dragons and savages. Now that's a good conflict

Speevy

Banned
I wonder if Linda Antonnson will continue her series of Youtube videos after the show wraps re-complaining about the show for as many years as it takes George to finish TWOW.

Aegon is the perfect foil to Dany. He has a better claim, is a man, and has Westerosi allies. She'll be a foreign invader with dragons and savages. Now that's a good conflict

Yup. Dany would be a lot less OP going into this situation. You wouldn't need to come up with contrived army teleportation to make for a more balanced fight

Speevy

Banned
Tell the truth. Would you rather have Ramsay still around invincibly flaying northerners or Euron's teleporting armada?

Top Bottom