• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US expels Russian diplomats over cyber attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I for one am glad the progressive Bernie wing is taking over the DNC now and this crying by team Hillary is just a last attempt to save face.

It's amusing that you think they didn't hack Bernie. (Also, Bernie isn't going to take over the DNC when he isn't even a member of the Democratic Party.)

Well if there is factual information in the leaks that are damaging, what is the point of not reporting on it since its already out there? I know the Hillary wing hacks like to deflect on Russia when there is no proof of their involvement just allegations from the CIA, know terrorist organization BTW, so that the actual issues aren't talked about by the media.

And is there some stupid crap blown out of proportion in the emails? Yep. But that does not mean everything is false and should be brushed aside. I don't even know that this pizzagete is but sound stupid so no I don't believe in that. And how is Ukraine related to this?

I for one am glad the progressive Bernie wing is taking over the DNC now and this crying by team Hillary is just a last attempt to save face.

He wasn't talking about reporting, he said the media should've directly done hacking themselves, which should be absolutely ludicrous logic to anybody who's sane.

Also, the CIA is not the only organization asserting that Russia did this. It shouldn't even be up for debate anymore.

Well if there is factual information in the leaks that are damaging, what is the point of not reporting on it since its already out there? I know the Hillary wing hacks like to deflect on Russia when there is no proof of their involvement just allegations from the CIA, know terrorist organization BTW, so that the actual issues aren't talked about by the media.

And is there some stupid crap blown out of proportion in the emails? Yep. But that does not mean everything is false and should be brushed aside. I don't even know that this pizzagete is but sound stupid so no I don't believe in that. And how is Ukraine related to this?

He lost the primaries, get over it already.

Trying to make this into yet another Bernie vs Hillary is tiring bullshit at this point.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

No proof of involvement by Russia. Well, that's a new one. I've never heard that take. CIA a terrorist organization? Fascinating stuff.

It's not just the CIA that says it was Russia. SEVENTEEN different agencies all say it was Russia.

So what was the PROVEN stuff found in the emails?

Also, why are you assuming that people pointing out what Russia did aren't ALSO blaming the failures of Hillary's campaign?

It's amusing that you think they didn't hack Bernie. (Also, Bernie isn't going to take over the DNC when he isn't even a member of the Democratic Party.)

See, that's not an issue because Bernie isn't a corrupt politician and his principled by nature so there isn't anything damaging him unlike the losers crying foul play. Also Bernie might not be technically a democrat but the fact that he has now more power over the DNC without being one of them is pretty showing of the how the DNC is so weak and one of the reason they pretty much handed Trump the election, the most disapproved candidate in history FYI.

image.php

Odd that the Kampfer was most notible for having a Russian (er, Zeonic-Russian) pilot.

Lol

cdyhybrid

See, that's not an issue because Bernie isn't a corrupt politician and his principled by nature so there isn't anything damaging him unlike the losers crying foul play. Also Bernie might not be technically a democrat but the fact that he has now more power over the DNC without being one of them is pretty showing of the how the DNC is so weak and one of the reason they pretty much handed Trump the election, the most disapproved candidate in history FYI.

Do you think Bernie shits rainbows or butterflies?

image.php

Odd that the Kampfer was most notible for having a Russian (er, Zeonic-Russian) pilot.

C1wcZpS.png

E92 M3

1). "refused to hand over bank details" != outright assassination

2). Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was a terrorist, not a civilian who had dared to work in opposition to an autocrat (e.g., revealing massive tax fraud).

And either way, what's your point? Does Putin's habit of killing his political opponents, or Trump's celebration of him, suddenly seem normal or perfectly fine to you?

Pentagon Papers.

The US has very bloody hands, but that's not the topic here.

image.php

LOL, this made me laugh, not gonna lie. Avatar shaming now cool. Yes the guy was Russian sure, but implying I'm a pro-Russian because of that? You're going to deep there, whats next? insinuate I'm a nazi because Zeon is basically space-nazis? I just liked the design and I love 0080 for its strong anti-war message.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

Oh sweet summer child, you are so naive. Just a taste of some of the op research the GOP had waiting for Bernie had he won the Democratic nomination, but honestly it's moot. He couldn't even win the nomination (Clinton beat Sanders by more than she beat Trump - 3.6 million more people voted for her in the primary than for Sanders). There was no way he would have won the general.

LOL, this made me laugh, not gonna lie. Avatar shaming now cool. Yes the guy was Russian sure, but implying I'm a pro-Russian because of that? You're going to deep there, whats next? insinuate I'm a nazi because Zeon is basically space-nazis? I just liked the design and I love 0080 for its strong anti-war message.

Eh, more of a weird amalgam of space-Prussians and space-imperial Japan. My favorite in the series as well, though I prefer the Alex. I don't think the avatar means anything vis-à-vis the hacking position.

Tzeentch

If Trump reverses it, so quickly, so openly... the Russian Puppet claims will really really stick.
Only with a small number of people that neither Trump or the Republican party cares about anyways. People should REALLY be tempering their expectations for much, if any, blowback when Trump wholesale rolls back Obama's executive orders. This cycle of people hyping up "this time we got him for SURE" only for it to fizzle is not going to be healthy or productive.

Biske

Just why is it people go to such extremes to bend over backwards in trying to absolve russia for something that is quite agreed on.

Not just by the US government and its intelligence but also private companies looking into these groups, such as Fireeye and their reports about APT 28 and APT 29, yeah all signs point to Russia.

I get the wild insecurity people have, their leader Donald Trump has it in spades.

But why is it so hard for people to say: Donald Trump won the electoral college, he lost the popular vote, but hey he won our election, by the rules set out. There was tons of fuckery all throughout, Russia hacked the shit out of us and a lot of it benefited Trump. But it is what it is.

What the fuck are people so afraid of?

There's no way in hell people actually love Putin and Russia so much and not EVERY internet account can be a paid Russian Troll.

I just don't fucking get it.

It's just facts. He pointed out the truth.

Come on man!

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Just why is it people go to such extremes to bend over backwards in trying to absolve russia for something that is quite agreed on.

Not just by the US government and its intelligence but also private companies looking into these groups, such as Fireeye and their reports about APT 28 and APT 29, yeah all signs point to Russia.

I get the wild insecurity people have, their leader Donald Trump has it in spades.

But why is it so hard for people to say: Donald Trump won the electoral college, he lost the popular vote, but hey he won our election, by the rules set out. There was tons of fuckery all throughout, Russia hacked the shit out of us and a lot of it benefited Trump. But it is what it is.

What the fuck are people so afraid of?

There's no way in hell people actually love Putin and Russia so much and not EVERY internet account can be a paid Russian Troll.

I just don't fucking get it.

I wouldn't bother. Talking to them is like talking to a brick wall.

At least I'm not a Trump/Putin ass-kisser.

you-got-me.gif

My cover is blown, I'm actually a KGB agent sent to a gaming forum with a closed membership policy just to derail political threads, it all makes sense now. Its not like I'm actually a progressive that doesn't eat up all the "America is exceptional" propaganda. Exposed indeed sir.

commedieu

Banned
To show that GAF isn't immune to the problem of Russian Trolls.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize you meant the actual sanctions.

no no... I mean the poster being backtraced. But same with the sanctions. Trump made it abundantly clear that he gives 0 shits, and wants to be friends with russia. The GOP will fall in line. And his supporters will cheer for it. The Base is going to force the GOP's hand. He can literally say anything at this point, and all fall in line. We've got conservatives, that im sure some of you may even have in your families, ok with Russia.

Boke1879

no no... I mean the poster being backtraced. But same with the sanctions. Trump made it abundantly clear that he gives 0 shits, and wants to be friends with russia. The GOP will fall in line. And his supporters will cheer for it. The Base is going to force the GOP's hand.

Even still. This move should still be made.

you-got-me.gif

My cover is blown, I'm actually a KGB agent sent to a gaming forum with a closed membership policy just to derail political threads, it all makes sense now. Its not like I'm actually a progressive that doesn't eat up all the "America is exceptional" propaganda. Exposed indeed sir.

What does whether or not you "eat up American exceptionalism" have to do with you supporting the Assad Regime?

commedieu

Banned
Even still. This move should still be made.

Agreed. But I'm not going to be shocked when Trump tweets hes reversing it all.. and opening a new Tower in Moscow, nor will i be shocked by the GOP falling in line to save their asses from the pumped up base. We are in bizzaro land with this Administration/President. Its Literally a man that gets away with anything from rape allegations, defrauding students, claiming sexual assault, having nothing but conflicts of interests, etc, etc etc. Folks are pretending there is going to be some big show down. Folks keep saying X is going to stop him this time, or hes gunna do a Y on this. Nope.

There isn't. The GOP has proven there is no backbone to be found, besides keeping their team going.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
you-got-me.gif

Strawman, no-one alleged you to be anything other than someone wth a history of deflecting Russia and/or supporting their worldview against the "American Empire" (And in fact have posted multiple times about the desire to see America fall and Russia rise ascendant).

For me, both are enough alone to discount your opinions on this topic, others mileage may vary..

no no... I mean the poster being backtraced. But same with the sanctions. Trump made it abundantly clear that he gives 0 shits, and wants to be friends with russia. The GOP will fall in line. And his supporters will cheer for it. The Base is going to force the GOP's hand. He can literally say anything at this point, and all fall in line. We've got conservatives, that im sure some of you may even have in your families, ok with Russia.

For a few reasons:

1) Some Senators, such as Lindsey Graham and John McCain, aren't going to care if they piss off the deplorables. They are going to push back against the Pro-Putin stuff because they don't need the deplorables.

2) Most Trump voters were mostly voting against Hillary rather than for Trump. yes, the deplorables now like Putin, but the rest would be fine voting against Trump so long as it doesn't involve voting for Hillary.

3) This puts Trump in an awkward spot, especially now that Russia is funding the Taliban.

Strawman, no-one alleged you to be anything other than someone wth a history of deflecting Russia and/or supporting their worldview against the "American Empire" (And in fact have posted multiple times about the desire to see America fall and Russia rise ascendant).

For me, both are enough alone to discount your opinions on this topic, others mileage may vary..

raw

commedieu

Banned
For a few reasons:

1) Some Senators, such as Lindsey Graham and John McCain, aren't going to care if they piss off the deplorables. They are going to push back against the Pro-Putin stuff because they don't need the deplorables.

2) Most Trump voters were mostly voting against Hillary rather than for Trump. yes, the deplorables now like Putin, but the rest would be fine voting against Trump so long as it doesn't involve voting for Hillary.

3) This puts Trump in an awkward spot, especially now that Russia is funding the Taliban.

Sure. Time will tell. But nothing about this is convincing me that donald trump is going to rationally think about these items, or anything during his presidency. Like his call to taiwan. Especially when America also funds 'moderate rebels.' And for "some senators' im sure theres plenty who are licking at their chops thinking about their future careers here. Nothing about this election, or this man has been logical. But, we will see. these are very valid points, but factual information or logic has failed the United States. I don't see a resurgence anytime soon.

I haven't seen rationality make it to the surface of Trump, or his campaign, or much of anything. So, its going to be an exception for sure. The man can spin anything to a Win. All he needs to do is kick the beehive, Obama something, and "trust me."

What does whether or not you "eat up American exceptionalism" have to do with you supporting the Assad Regime?

I don't support the Assad regime but the "moderate" rebels taking over will be Libya and Iraq all over again, so there will be more war and more death to the Syrian people. A dictator is currently the "best" Syria can hope for right now. Sorry we disagree.

If anything I want America to rise again, but not as it is now, a destabilizing force in the world and I call it an empire because it acts like one, and it's not like am the only one calling it an empire, Chomsky and Gore Vidal coined it before me, heck some of your media too. So please do yourself a favor and don't just brush off people with different opinions as commies, its getting dangerously close Alex Jones level of conspiracy.

I don't support the Assad regime but the "moderate" rebels taking over will be Libya and Iraq all over again, so there will be more war and more death to the Syrian people. A dictator is currently the "best" Syria can hope for right now. Sorry we disagree.

If anything I want America to rise again, but not as it is now, a destabilizing force in the world and I call it an empire because it acts like one, and it's not like am the only one calling it an empire, Chomsky and Gore Vidal coined it before me, heck some of your media too. So please do yourself a favor and don't just brush off people with different opinions as commies, its getting dangerously close Alex Jones level of conspiracy.

Why is Hezbollah not a terror group in your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom