• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US expels Russian diplomats over cyber attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is enough to incriminate him? Or at least warrant further investigation into him and everyone in his campaign staff.

Lock him away for treason and be done with it.
An investigation is pretty fucking late at this point but better than nothing.

bobeth

I know you must be tired of hearing this, and I'm sorry for us all, really. But USAGAF, you are about to live in interesting times indeed..

zethren

Banned
An investigation is pretty fucking late at this point but better than nothing.

Definitely agree.

But I say investigate, and impeach. If found guilty, lock him away for treason. We'll deal with Mike Pence for 4 years and make sure to do everything we can in 2018 and 2020 to fix this shit. Mike Pence is obviously not ideal in the least, and I can't stand him either, but fuck Trump at this point.

Definitely agree.

But I say investigate, and impeach. If found guilty, lock him away for treason. We'll deal with Mike Pence and make sure to do everything we can in 2018 and 2020 to fix this shit.
The optimist in me would hope that his entire ticket and cabinet would have to be gone, the cynic in me is thinking Trump himself isn't even gonna be hurt by this, let alone impeached.

Not sure if this was posted.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wh...-shore-in-maryland/ar-BBxHwWG?ocid=spartanntp

Another one in NY as well. I mean, it's cool that they're doing this but one has to wonder, how long have they've known about this? Kinda fucked up that they did nothing until now.
Maybe they were just keeping tabs on them and figuring out what they knew? You've gotta assume Russia is trying to spy on us anyway, might as well keep them in your sights.

MDSLKTR

Definitely agree.

But I say investigate, and impeach. If found guilty, lock him away for treason. We'll deal with Mike Pence for 4 years and make sure to do everything we can in 2018 and 2020 to fix this shit. Mike Pence is obviously not ideal in the least, and I can't stand him either, but fuck Trump at this point.
Keep the dream on lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That seems extreme.

Maybe Obama should've gotten his shit together before the elections tho.

If Obama had gone in on this DURING the election...

A) Trump would have won by more
B) We'd be looking at an unprecedented constitutional crisis, or at least the GOP would have tried for one.

And when one of our security services decides to go full partisan the sunday before the election, we have clear evidence that no normal national seciurity effort would have worked this time around.

The important thing is that we address this NOW.

If Trump goes full slurp after the election, Russia will effectively be in control of how social media and cyber securityy mean it can exist and even prosper with its shitty broken economy and third class military indusrtrial complex.

Biske

Why? There is nothing Russia can do about it except expel our diplomats which would nobody cares about. For as much bravado and posturing Russia does, they are essentially a failed nation state trying to become relevant again.

They got Trump working to make russia great again. They'll be alright.

With Paul Ryan's statement and folks like McCain and Graham and Trumps favorite McMullin going on on stuff like this, I don't think Trump has the tact or intelligence handle this effectively.

Will be interesting to see what he does and how a) incompetent it is b) clueless c) or how nakedly a puppet he is.

For now, they can all just laugh it off as "oh ho ho these butt hurt Libs, think Russia cost them election" that that shit won't fly for very long and will seem more and more silly. Specially with headlines like "Trump lifts Russian sanctions, blames computer speed"

Why? There is nothing Russia can do about it except expel our diplomats which nobody cares about. For as much bravado and posturing Russia does, they are essentially a failed nation state trying to become relevant again.
Hit it right on the head.

Beefy

Russian Embassy, UK – Verified account ‏@RussianEmbassy

President Obama expels 35 🇷🇺 diplomats in Cold War deja vu. As everybody, incl 🇺🇸 people, will be glad to see the last of this hapless Adm.

C03pwLBWIAA4T3a.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/RussianEmbassy/status/814564127230271489

yuraya

When is Putin out?

It'll never happen in my lifetime, but I'd love to see Russia be liberal.

He will run in 2018 again and win. So 2024 he will get replaced by someone temporarily while being minister and then come back in 2030 for another 6-12 years. So all in all Putin will run Russia until 2036 or 2042. I think he will be too old to go anymore after that.

RPGCrazied

He will run in 2018 again and win. So 2024 he will get replaced by someone temporarily while being minister and then come back in 2030 for another 6-12 years. So all in all Putin will run Russia until 2036 or 2042. I think he will be too old to go anymore after that.

2018. He changed terms from 4 years to 6 years. When he gets elected again, then 2024. If they overrule the two consecutive term limit.... forever.

Shame, Putin is to blame for the state Russia is in.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
And...? I never understand statements like this.

Guilty to who? His base who eats up everything he says? The GOP who are too busy kissing his ass? The democrats who have no power to stop him? Or the liberals who already hate him? Trump will reverse this with ease and with very little repercussion.

Have you seen the statements from Paul Ryan, McCain and Graham? They're clearly taking a hard line when it comes to Russia. Trump can't reverse this or he will be in deep shit.

system11

Funny how Obama finds his spine now that he won't have to deal with the consequences.

World is a mess, I genuinely thought 2016 had finally stopped "giving" though.

Have you seen the statements from Paul Ryan, McCain and Graham? They're clearly taking a hard line when it comes to Russia. Trump can't reverse this or he will be in deep shit.

If there's one thing Ryan and McCain are known for in politics it's their principled non-partisan stances!

slit

Obama and dems giving Trump hell if he goes against his intelligence agency next year lol.

It's not just for the Dems. It's also to cause friction between Trump and the GOP. There are those in the Republican party who absolutely DO NOT want to be seen as aiding Russia. Some of these congressman are relics and remember the Cold War. Trump is going to try and repair this and that will piss off some people on the right.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
If there's one thing Ryan and McCain are known for in politics it's their principled non-partisan stances!

Ryan yeah, but McCain has been saying this stuff since the initial reports a few weeks ago. I don't think he's turning around on this one. He's an old school Republican and he does not want Russia getting anything over on the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom