• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

There we go Jozy. Getting a little nervous cause we were getting so many chances in the box without capitalizing.

ngower

US seem to be playing a little conservative given the amount of players behind the ball on Canadian attacks. I wouldn't mind seeing Donovan and Dempsey push up a little bit. I guess it's wise not to blow a lead though this early.

Long balls need to stop.

Mostly happy with the way the US are playing, but there's still some sharpness that seems to be lacking from this side.

ngower said:
US seem to be playing a little conservative given the amount of players behind the ball on Canadian attacks. I wouldn't mind seeing Donovan and Dempsey push up a little bit. I guess it's wise not to blow a lead though this early.

Long balls need to stop.

Mostly happy with the way the US are playing, but there's still some sharpness that seems to be lacking from this side.

Yes! Man, I just know we can play a more attractive, attacking game that just bombing it up the field like a college team.

Crazy close shot by Canada. whew!

ngower

It's been frustrating in the final third to see players standing on the ball and playing with it. Runs are being made, though not frequently enough, and no one trusts the other. Simple quick passing in the final third would give us a substantial lead before the half. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if this game ends in a one-all draw.

ngower

The half thus far has been pretty disappointing. Despite Canada doing next to nothing, the United States have been chasing the game. Possession is surprisingly poor, and I've noticed many players a step or two behind the Canadians on the counter. If we come out like this against Mexico it will be 4-0 at the half. Short, quick, efficient passing needs to be prioritized and guys need to start making runs off the ball. I wouldn't mind seeing a more offensive-minded substitution at the half, maybe going to a 3-5-2 or something. Regardless, I want the US to come out sharper and more aggressive on the offensive or I wouldn't be surprised if Canada get an equalizer.

ngower said:
The half thus far has been pretty disappointing. Despite Canada doing next to nothing, the United States have been chasing the game. Possession is surprisingly poor, and I've noticed many players a step or two behind the Canadians on the counter. If we come out like this against Mexico it will be 4-0 at the half. Short, quick, efficient passing needs to be prioritized and guys need to start making runs off the ball. I wouldn't mind seeing a more offensive-minded substitution at the half, maybe going to a 3-5-2 or something. Regardless, I want the US to come out sharper and more aggressive on the offensive or I wouldn't be surprised if Canada get an equalizer.

Man you are in my brain. Exactly what I'm thinking. Good analysis.

ngower

There are a lot of people in the upper deck. Ford Field handled seat distribution poorly. Ticket sales were over 25,000 on Monday, I'd expect somewhere around 28,000.

xbhaskarx

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Shame. and Detroit just put in a formal MLS expanison bid today.

Really, I didn't know about this. Where would they play? MLS needs to require some sort of viable SSS plan with any expansion bid if they don't already...

xbhaskarx said:
Really, I didn't know about this. Where would they play? MLS needs to require some sort of viable SSS plan with any expansion bid if they don't already...
They have a major renovation plan for the Silverdome.

xbhaskarx said:
Wow Dempsey, that would have been insane.

That place has to be in even worse shape than RFK right?
I'll post some stuff about it tomorrow in MLS thread or on BS (about work overnight shift).

Brk Shea needs to get called up, guy is a star in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom