• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Jozy was an idiot to get in the face of the guy after the foul. Our CBs have been horrible. I can't figure out which one is going to get subbed out. Ream was an idiot as well. I'm so angry right now.

Slizz

Awful. First goal allowed defense was sleeping. Nothing up front at all. Altidore will continue to play poorly, you can tell on his face hes not in to the game. Pretty bad showing so far. Can't think of any positives other than a few blasts from Dempsey.

xbhaskarx

ngower said:
Ream has to go, don't care if Sacha's in the backline to be honest.

Bocanegra always looks better at CB than LB, hopefully they move him over and bring in Lichaj. Just get Ream out of there please.

Meanwhile George John is hanging out with the Greek national team...

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
xbhaskarx said:
Bocanegra always looks better at CB than LB, hopefully they move him over and bring in Lichaj. Just get Ream out of there please.

Meanwhile George John is hanging out with the Greek national team...

I'm pretty sure John picked up a knock when he was with them and he didn't train.

xbhaskarx

Nesotenso said:
I really don't rate Altidore highly. Any up and coming strikers in the US who could play in tha national 11 ?

None of these young guys are ready for the national team:
Bobby Wood (1860 Munich)
Joe Gyau (Hoffenheim)
Josh Gatt (Molde)
Gustavo Adrian Ruelas (Santos Laguna)
Conor Doyle (Derby County)
Omar Salgado (Vancouver)
Terrence Boyd (Hertha Berlin)
Jerome Kiesewetter (Hertha Berlin)

Of those who are:
Buddle
Gomez
Agudelo
Altidore
Wondolowski
Mwanga (not a US citizen yet)
Davies
Bunbury
Starikov

...sadly Altidore/Agudelo/Wondo are probably our three best right now.

Oh and of course there is Clint Dempsey

Judderman

drawer by drawer
C'mon Donovan, what a ugly cross.

xbhaskarx said:
None of these young guys are ready for the national team:
Bobby Wood (1860 Munich)
Joe Gyau (Hoffenheim)
Josh Gatt (Molde)
Gustavo Adrian Ruelas (Santos Laguna)
Conor Doyle (Derby County)
Omar Salgado (Vancouver)
Terrence Boyd (Hertha Berlin)
Jerome Kiesewetter (Hertha Berlin)

Of those who are:
Buddle
Gomez
Agudelo
Altidore
Wondolowski
Mwanga (not a US citizen yet)
Davies
Bunbury
Starikov

...sadly Altidore/Agudelo/Wondo are probably our three best right now.

Oh and of course there is Clint Dempsey

What about Diskerud?

GODDAMNIT DEFENSE STOP BEING AWFUL.

DominoKid

I dont think anything will change until we get rid of Bradley. We just look disgustingly complacent because only 3 or 4 of the starting spots arent guaranteed. There's just no urgency when you're under no threat to lose your place.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
One problem I see with the USA NT is that you guys always seem to bet on aerial balls and long passes, almost reminiscent of England. You guys need to learn to play it closer to the ground.

They showed the repeat. That was such a dive.

DominoKid

this ref is full of shit. why would they ever let a mexican ref one of our games?

edit: i'm not saying it wasnt a dive btw. but there's been so many uncalled dives.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Regulus Tera said:
One problem I see with the USA NT is that you guys always seem to bet on aerial balls and long passes, almost reminiscent of England. You guys need learn to play it closer to the ground.

I agree. I'm tired of our longball barrages.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DominoKid said:
this ref is full of shit. why would they ever let a mexican ref one of our games?

I actually agree with this despite being Mexican. It would like if an Argentine ref whistled a Brazil match.

DominoKid

Regulus Tera said:
One problem I see with the USA NT is that you guys always seem to bet on aerial balls and long passes, almost reminiscent of England. You guys need to learn to play it closer to the ground.

you have no idea how much it disgusts us.

face saved somewhat.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Bedoya was pathetic for trying but it is sad the ref hasn't caught the Panama players diving yet. They keep getting sniped.

Goodson's goal makes up for his own goal. He barely touched it and hit it in for Panama.

xbhaskarx

Regulus Tera said:

We know.
We're trying to do this at the youth levels.

NoRéN

Regulus Tera said:

It's a characteristic now, like having a terrible defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom