• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
xbhaskarx said:
From the link:

It will be interesting to see who else they add...

I know. I was trying to imply that it is highly likely that the Union are being knocked out tomorrow. I'm not surprised Fabian Hürzeler didn't make it. He's barely played for BMII and they are terrible.

daoster

French Roster against the U.S...some pretty big names on there...our roster is released later today.

FRANCE ROSTER BY POSITION
GOALKEEPERS (3): Cédric Carrasso (Bordeaux), Hugo Lloris (Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Marseille)

DEFENDERS (7): Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Matthieu Debuchy (Lille), Jérémy Mathieu (Valencia), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Adil Rami (Valencia), Anthony Réveillère (Lyon), Mamadou Sakho (PSG)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle), Alou Diarra (Marseille), Florent Malouda (Chelsea) Yann M'Vila (Rennes), Marvin Martin, (Sochaux), Samir Nasri (Manchester City)

FORWARDS (6): Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Kevin Gameiro (PSG), Jérémy Ménez (PSG), Loïc Rémy (Marseille), Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), Olivier Giroud (Montpellier)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
This is a horrible method for releasing the roster.

Howard, Hamid

Timmy Chandler, Steve Cherundolo, Clarence Goodson, Alfredo Morales, Michael Orozco Fiscal, Onyewu, Bocanegra

Kyle Beckerman, Maurice Edu, Clint Dempsey, Michael Bradley, Fabian Johnson, Jermaine Jones, Robbie Rogers, Brek Shea, Danny Williams

Jozy Altidore, DeMarcus Beasley, Edson Buddle, Landon Donovan

I question the choices in bold.

sazabirules said:
This is a horrible method for releasing the roster.

Howard, Hamid

Timmy Chandler, Steve Cherundolo, Clarence Goodson, Alfredo Morales, Michael Orozco Fiscal, Onyewu, Bocanegra
Huh, is that the whole thing?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Hollywood Duo said:
Huh, is that the whole thing?

No they're having Bocanegra tweet it and answer questions at the same time so it is taking forever. It's nice that we're getting Morales before Peru tries to cap him.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
daoster said:
Haven't heard of Morales...is he good?

I've heard mixed things. He's played five times for Hertha since last year. He's young and Peru was looking to cap him so I assume we're just trying to get him to commit to us even if he is just a raw prospect.

Klinnsman is an idiot if he doesn't swap a player out for whoever is left in the MLS Cup final. I'd rather have LA lose so we don't get Beckerman and we get Donovan.

Klinsmann: "We agreed that whoever will be involved in the [mls] final will be released after the game against France"

xbhaskarx

sazabirules said:
Michael Orozco Fiscal

Robbie Rogers

Are you fucking kidding me....
Also, it still boggles my mind that Omar Gonzalez (instead of MOF) and Herculez Gomez (instead of either Beasley or Buddle) are still not getting called up.

xbhaskarx

He is barely above average as an MLS player.

Also, I still can't believe that Kyle Beckerman is now a regular starter for our national team, ahead of Bradley, Jones, and Edu.

Kyle Beckerman, Maurice Edu, Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Danny Williams

Did Bob Bradley regularly call in that many defensive midfielders?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
di-BQKM.gif

Jozy scoring on his birthday.

Slizz

What do you suppose it is with Jozy and his scoring Club vs. International? Seems like his club manager LOVES him and Jozy responds by really preforming on the field. Is it all about his manager's faith in him?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
neoanarch said:
Did Joe Corona accept the call up in the u23 squad? He was just in mexicos squad a few months ago. That just irritates me.

Yes and he was going to be called up in our game against Mexico but Bradley was fired.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Our Olympic camps had two scrimmages today. The U23s played Bochum's reserves and won 3-1. The goals were scored by Terrence Boyd, Tony Taylor and Dilly Duka. The mainly younger squad tied against Azerbaijan's U-21s 0-0.

It's also looking like we're playing Italy in February in Genoa.

The three cities for Olympic qualifying are Carson, Nashville, Kansas City.

daoster

USMNT starters vs. France: Howard, Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra, Chandler, Williams, Beckerman, Edu, Shea, Dempsey, Altidore

USA bench: Hamid, Orozco Fiscal, Bradley, Johnson, Jones, Beasley, Buddle. Not in 18: Onyewu, Morales, Rogers.

Why BECKERMAN gets the start before Bradley...I still dunno.

methodman

Banned
Creamwolf said:
We're extremely difficult to watch.
We don't have any consistent method of attack. Our possession game is subpar and our midfield is not able to hold the ball longer than a couple seconds.

Nesotenso

methodman said:
We don't have any consistent method of attack. Our possession game is subpar and our midfield is not able to hold the ball longer than a couple seconds.

Couldn't have put it better myself. We need some creative and determined players in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom