• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

methodman

Banned
Nesotenso said:
Couldn't have put it better myself. We need some creative and determined players in the midfield.
Exactly. I know Adu plays no D, but the guy is creative with the ball and tries to make things happen. Kind of wish he'd get another chance with the team. Also why I was hoping Donovan was playing.

Creamwolf

Neo Member
methodman said:
We don't have any consistent method of attack. Our possession game is subpar and our midfield is not able to hold the ball longer than a couple seconds.

Couldn't agree more. Our defense is really bad too. Remy is a great player but exposed the back line in a matter of minutes.

Maybe it's just the players we have, but thus far under Klinsmann, we don't have an identity/style to our team.

Nesotenso

methodman said:
Exactly. I know Adu plays no D, but the guy is creative with the ball and tries to make things happen. Kind of wish he'd get another chance with the team. Also why I was hoping Donovan was playing.

It gets frustrating when no one put pressure on the ball. Somebody go after the fucking ball.

Nesotenso

I just hope for once we get to see Dempsey, Donovan, Torres and Holden all play together.
Dempsey should be paired off with Jozy upfront.

Pre

Klinsmann has to show me something today. I can't remember the last time our offense was this impotent.

After the clusterfuck of a performance from the midfield against France, Michael Bradley must see the field. He starts and plays 90 minutes every week in Serie A. That's as strong a resume as just about anyone in the pool.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Pre said:
Klinsmann has to show me something today. I can't remember the last time our offense was this impotent.

After the clusterfuck of a performance from the midfield against France, Michael Bradley must see the field. He starts and plays 90 minutes every week in Serie A. That's as strong a resume as just about anyone in the pool.

Klinsmann's manlove for Beckerman has to stop. He has been mediocre. He also needs to stop playing Williams out of position.

daoster

Here is tonight's #USMNT lineup against Slovenia: Howard, Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra (captain), Chandler

Beckerman, Bradley, Johnson, Dempsey; Buddle, Altidore. Bocanegra gets his 100th cap, Johnson his first start!

Beckerman manlove continues! But at least BRADLEY starts.

And Buddle, starting?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Let's see if we can score some goals. We haven't had this low of a scoring average since 1988. Altidore had a good game against France.

Slizz

Wtf. Is that smoke or legit fog? Really gotta concentrate to see details....

EDIT: And of all the days to not use the yellow Hi-Vis ball...

Oozer3993

Nesotenso said:
Looks so odd,. Fuck I had to miss the first half when they score 3.

Scoring summary so far ?
Buddle (9)
Dempsey (41)
Altidore (43) (PK)

Buddle's goal was a gorgeous half volley off the post from 25 yards out, Dempsey's was a header off a corner.

Nesotenso

Having two strikers up front definitely made a difference. Was Agudelo selected in the squad for these matches ?
He needs to transfer to an MLS squad which will give him more playing time.

When is the next international friendly and when does qualification start ?

Wish I could've watched the game. The highlights made it look like both teams blindfolded their defenders and tied their ankles together, but Buddle's goal was excellent and it's good to get a win. We've doubled our win total in the Klinsmann era. Nice work everyone. Co-sign on the fog generator idea by the way.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
The new FC Dallas shirt leaked...wait...this is our new home kit? Umm...

iss5g.jpg

buWsM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom