• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

He's not calling the game for some reason. From Steven Goff:

*A beIN Sport spokesman says Phil Schoen, Marcelo Balboa and former Jamaica player Robbie Earle will call Friday’s World Cup qualifier from a Miami studio. What happened to Ray Hudson?

I would have LOVED ray hudson on the call...not a fan of Phil at all and Marcelo is the WORST...robbie though is QUALITY, so that's a nice surprise. I'll be watching in hd via directv for this one....USA USA USA!!

xbhaskarx

I'm sure the guys loved it, even if they were half rooting for the guy and half laughing at him, it still breaks up the monotony.

gutshot

I'm sure the guys loved it, even if they were half rooting for the guy and half laughing at him, it still breaks up the monotony.

I guess that's true. At least he had some stunts to break up the motivational speaking. The speaking alone would be boring.

So what is everyone's feelings going into this game? I have to say, I don't like our chances at escaping "The Office" with 3 points. I think losing Bradley will really hurt our ability to control the game. My guess is the US scores early, but gives up a late counter-attacking goal to Jamaica and the game ends in a 1-1 draw.

xbhaskarx

Could this mean we're also getting a new US Soccer logo...

Development Academy Touts New Logo Heading into 2012-13 Season
18e4617d-dd1a-4add-b81a-b86eaf873c93.Large.jpg

daoster

Dempsey starting: #USMNT lineup for #USAvJAM: Howard (c); Parkhurst, Goodson, Cameron, Johnson; Jones, Beckerman, Edu, Dempsey; Altidore, Gomez

xbhaskarx

I would have preferred Edu to Goodson at CB given Jamaica's speed.
Ugh three defensive midfielders is now like the minimum we can expect from Klinsmann.
I would have liked to see Shea (replacing Goodson) starting on the opposite side from Dempsey, other than that it's a decent lineup given what we have available...

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i dunno whats up with my bein sport feed on comcast, but its definitely not the USMNT match for me

Dinokill

Aljazeera fucked us big time. No Serie A, no La Liga, no Commebol world cup qualifying, no US national team etc on BrightHouse.

Do you know if BrightHouse is going to add beIN Sport? I'm so fucking pissed right now!

daoster

Aljazeera fucked us big time. No Serie A, no La Liga, no Commebol world cup qualifying, no US national team etc on BrightHouse.

Do you know if BrightHouse is going to add beIN Sport? I'm so fucking pissed right now!

I'd rather blame FOX and ESPN for fucking things up.

ESPN is hosting the 2014 WC, and they can't even be bothered to win the rights to the USA Away Qualifiers?

A channel that bills itself "Fox Soccer Channel" can't even keep the rights for Serie A, or try to steal La Liga from GOL?

And where the hell does NBC Sport fit in all this? I thought they had the rights to some national team games too.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather blame FOX and ESPN for fucking things up.

ESPN is hosting the 2014 WC, and they can't even be bothered to win the rights to the USA Away Qualifiers?

A channel that bills itself "Fox Soccer Channel" can't even keep the rights for Serie A, or try to steal La Liga from GOL?

And where the hell does NBC Sport fit in all this? I thought they had the rights to some national team games too.

The other federations have the rights to games in their countries. beIN bought the away rights up.

Oozer3993

It's not worth it Juergen. I know Beckerman has several photos of you in "comprising positions," but playing him so he won't release them can't be worth this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom