• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

well gaf is back

US looked gassed in the last 20 minutes or so, wilting under the heat and humidity.

Bradley was sub par all game but he was solid in the dying moments and great finish from Evans.

A win is a win.

Now to replace Zusi (because of yellow card) and Jones against Panama. Pity because they were playing well.

Got home around the 60th minute. Went from heartbreak to utter joy at the end there, great result for us. Eddie Johnson is shit, Beasley continues to somehow make it work, and wow Brad Evans. Really hope Snowfro Jones' concussion isn't too bad.

Amazing ending. shame GAF was down for it.

I was dreading Jamaica tying it up and it finally came to fruition. Our ball control and defense overall was just woeful.

That OT score though... muah. Perfecto!

Nesotenso

Amazing ending. shame GAF was down for it.

I was dreading Jamaica tying it up and it finally came to fruition. Our ball control and defense overall was just woeful.

That OT score though... muah. Perfecto!

yeah outside backs are definitely not set. I think Omar and Besler were good for most of the match. The players seemed gassed in the 2nd half so the play was sloppy for the last 20 minutes or so.

yeah outside backs are definitely not set. I think Omar and Besler were good for most of the match. The players seemed gassed in the 2nd half so the play was sloppy for the last 20 minutes or so.

It was like that for both halves. The team plays a decent 30 minutes and then the last 15 got really iffy.

Preview info for tonight's game....

========================

The US faces off against Panama in another World Cup Qualifier this evening. ESPN is carrying the broadcast. The pregame coverage starts at 6:30 PT, but there might be a conflict w/ the Mexico game, and from what I've heard, kickoff will be after 7pm PT.

U.S. Men vs. Panama
CenturyLink Field; Seattle, Wash.
June 11, 2013 @ 6:30 p.m. PT
ESPN, WatchESPN, UniMas

The US team is a little banged up at the moment. Jermaine Jones is out with a concussion after last game. Sounds like Cameron or Kljestan will probably take his place. Graham Zusi is suspended after his late game yellow card on Friday. It's unclear who will play on the right for him as I'm not sure what Klinsmann is thinking there. Herculez Gomez has left camp with a knee injury, so he won't be playing in either of the two remaining games. Brek Shea is out tonight, too. Beasley had a root canal yesterday, but he should be able to play tonight.

On the other side of the ball, leading scorer Blas Perez is out for Panama, which is good news for us. They're playing on grass placed on top of the turf in Seattle, so there's no telling how the field conditions will be. Some US players said it won't be a problem and a few others are complaining about it.

Preview articles:
Grant Wahl - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130610/usa-panama-preview-world-cup-qualifier-usmnt/
The Shin Guardian - http://theshinguardian.com/2013/06/10/tsgs-official-usa-vs-panama-preview-must-be-the-better-men/
Notes from Steven Goff - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/wp/2013/06/09/u-s-national-team-news-and-notes-5/
Jeff Carlisle - http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/usnationalteam/id/46?cc=5901
Tactical Preview - http://americansoccernow.com/articles/scouting-report-how-the-u-s-can-beat-panama
Fox Soccer on Dempsey - http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/usa/story/clint-dempsey-burning-ambitions-usmnt-061013

On the east side at work, but it was pouring rain pretty good over here for about 2 hours now. Hope it is either already clear, or clears up before kick off. We've had pretty good luck with the weather at the Sounders games this season (and last really), so maybe it'll stick for tonight too.

USA! USA! USA!

Code:
#	Team	        GP	W	T	L	GF	GA	DIFF	 PT	Last matches	 
1	Costa Rica	4	2	1	1	5	3	+2	 7	W W L T	
2	United States	4	2	1	1	4	3	+1	 7	W T W L	
3	Mexico	        5	1	4	0	3	2	+1	 7	T W T T T	
4	Panama	        4	1	3	0	5	3	+2	 6	T W T T	
5	Honduras        4	1	1	2	4	6	-2	 4	L L T W 	
6	Jamaica	        5	0	2	3	2	6	-4	 2	L L L T T

Need dat 3, c'mon boys! USA USA USA

DominoKid

why wouldn't the Mexico game be over?

even if it starts at 8:15 it should be over by 10:00. Mexico probably gets better ratings for them than we do anyway.

Clydefrog

#USMNT Lineup tonight: Howard; Evans, Gonzalez, Besler, Beasley; Bradley, Cameron; E. Johnson, Dempsey (c), F. Johnson; Altidore

tumblr_lyuqfeLToe1qeiqfao1_400.gif

anyone watching the mexico - costa rica game? mexican fans rained shit down on ruiz trying to take a corner, even threw a soccer ball which he volleyed back at em, lol.

keep ticking that time mexican fans, keep that 0-0 scoreline

daoster

anyone watching the mexico - costa rica game? mexican fans rained shit down on ruiz trying to take a corner, even threw a soccer ball which he volleyed back at em, lol.

keep ticking that time mexican fans, keep that 0-0 scoreline

YEAP!

hahaha

I am kinda loving this game right now.

Lkr

so i know people were bitching because the seahawk stadium(idk what the corporate name is these days, used to be qwest i think) isn't a 100% sellout, but damn is this a good looking crowd. i wouldn't mind them having more games. i feel like we need a real home field for big matches

DominoKid

so i know people were bitching because the seahawk stadium(idk what the corporate name is these days, used to be qwest i think) isn't a 100% sellout, but damn is this a good looking crowd. i wouldn't mind them having more games. i feel like we need a real home field for big matches

isn't Columbus basically that for when we want to avoid getting overrun by foreigners in our own stadium?

Lkr

isn't Columbus basically that for when we want to avoid getting overrun by foreigners in our own stadium?

right but they only need that for mexico. they could also play mexico in a denver winter too for all i care, but everything else could be seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom