• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

it seems like he agreed to go to the first team that called for him.

No, teams in the Premier League just have more money than in other leagues (which tend to be more top-heavy). Schalke or Lazio may finish higher in the league table, but Sunderland can outspend them.

Clydefrog

the Gold Cup was amazing today

cpeejuk.jpg

daoster

No, teams in the Premier League just have more money than in other leagues (which tend to be more top-heavy). Schalke or Lazio may finish higher in the league table, but Sunderland can outspend them.

Jozy has been in Europe for a number of years, and I hope he'd have save some of that money. While Sunderland can certainly pay him more money, teams like Schalke regularly play in Champion's League, which would have been a better move for him. Still disappointed, though hoping for the best.

the Gold Cup was amazing today

cpeejuk.jpg

Didn't watch the game, but that result for Mexico...man...I enjoy!

CobbFC09

USMNT vs. Belize tonight at 8PM PT/11PM ET.

I don't particularly care for the Gold Cup, but will be watching to see how Landon Donovan does in his return.

First two group games shouldn't give the US too much trouble, but surprises can always come up. It's a good test for a few guys that have been out of action on the international level for a while, and it ramps up nicely to the Costa Rica game next week and the knockout phase.

A couple articles on Donovan this morning:
- MLS Soccer: Is Landon Donovan "back" in the USMNT fold after Guatemala win? Not so fast
- Jeff Carlisle: Donovan's U.S. return takes positive, not definitive, step

Galarcep's projected lineup against Belize might be pretty close to what we'll see. I suspect Klinsmann isn't going to make wholesale changes to the starting lineup from Friday, but you never know since the second half against Guatemala looked much better than the first half.
——–Herculez Gomez————Landon Donovan——-

Edgar Castillo———-Stuart Holden———-Joe Corona

————————–Kyle Beckerman———————-

DaMarcus Beasley————————Michael Parkhurst

———-Clarence Goodson——Oguchi Onyewu———–

—————————Nick Rimando———————–

Jozy's transfer to Sunderland is complete for 13 million dollars. I can't believe he's still only 23 and that his Villarreal transfer was in 2008.

Osorio

Jozy's transfer to Sunderland is complete for 13 million dollars. I can't believe he's still only 23 and that his Villarreal transfer was in 2008.

I saw his first professional goal *tear*

And I have a 2006 Red Bulls jersey signed by him.

I wonder if he's into tall blonde chicks after his team in Holland

Dartastic

I'm excited to go see the USA play Belize tonight at Jeld Wen. It should be a blast. I don't have any... American themed clothing though. Doh. :/

yeah it does suck for people in the other time zones.
Given how often we have the reverse problem out here on the West Coast (have to leave work early to catch an East Coast kickoff), you folks should be able to handle the occasional late night start. At least it's only a Gold Cup group match against Belize.

Nesotenso

Given how often we have the reverse problem out here on the West Coast (have to leave work early to catch an East Coast kickoff), you folks should be able to handle the occasional late night start. At least it's only a Gold Cup group match against Belize.

I can deal with staying up till 12 am for a game. Pacific states get screwed more though. Tape delay for live events would infuriate me. Fuck that.

I think they're starting to notice a correlation between when I wear my USMNT jacket and when I bail out of work early.

My work is home to a fairly large contingent of soccer fans (including in management). During Euro last year, we had a crew of 3-7 (depending on the day) taking long lunches every day to watch games at the pub. We've got I think about 5 or so Sounders season ticket holders (myself included). For the WCQ last month, we had 2 cars full leave work at 1:30 to go drinking before the match. It was before I started here, but apparently for the 2010 World Cup, the little auditorium for meetings was booked all tournament for showing the games live. We actually have 2 indoor soccer teams in a local league (I've played outdoor since I was 6, but just played indoor for the first time here. It's more like hockey).

The US needs to pick up the tempo a little bit. As they try to play faster, it's easier to notice the better passers and the guys with a clean first touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom