• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

from before #3

World Soccer Shop ‏@worldsoccershop 3m
If Wondolowski scores one more goal, then we will give away a $250 gift card!

CobbFC09

from before #3

World Soccer Shop ‏@worldsoccershop 3m
If Wondolowski scores one more goal, then we will give away a $250 gift card!
Any idea how to participate? They weren't very specific.

World Soccer Shop ‏@worldsoccershop 2m
We are giving away a $250 gift card for the #hattrick by Wondolowski! Stay tuned after the match to see the lucky winner!

DominoKid

Any idea how to participate? They weren't very specific.

World Soccer Shop ‏@worldsoccershop 2m
We are giving away a $250 gift card for the #hattrick by Wondolowski! Stay tuned after the match to see the lucky winner!

World Soccer Shop ‏@worldsoccershop 55m
CONTEST: If either #USMNT or #Belize score a #hattrick, then we will give away a $250 giftcard! Follow & RT to enter to win!

CobbFC09

If you win you can get a Wondowlowski jersey.
It'd definitely be unique.

UsRtEbIl.jpg

Holden's anticipation in the center midfield is great. He doesn't look that quick, but he's always taking the correct angle to break things up on defense.

Nesotenso

I'm a little concerned about the right side going forward in the Gold Cup. Parkhurst and Corona didn't play well tonight. Bedoya looks a little better.

RB is a big issue. Cherundolo is old and always hurt. Chandler is the best option but doesn't want to play. Parkhurst is always on the bench at his club.

People want to play LD at RM but he is been effective behind the up front forward.

JK needs to find guys to fill roster spots for Brazil. Wondo got a hat trick but we have better strikers.

Dartastic

Man, the game was a blast last night. Had a great time, was surrounded by great, rowdy people, and even had a hot girl give me her number. I've got a lady friend already, but that was still pretty cool.
KuGsj.gif

880B2D11-FE77-42A5-BD1C-77085991A04A-11827-00000C7329D5CC2B.jpg

F08F1F82-474F-4C6E-A2E7-4E6F48ED9115-11205-00000B851B3E7467.jpg

CobbFC09

Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves
A report by @ESPN_JorgeRamos has Belize midfielder Ian Gaynair claiming he and a teammate were offered 10K Euros to throw USA Gold Cup game.

Not sure what's worse: the fact that someone attempted to bribe them to ensure the USMNT won or that guy who goes by the name of Yolo

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves
A report by @ESPN_JorgeRamos has Belize midfielder Ian Gaynair claiming he and a teammate were offered 10K Euros to throw USA Gold Cup game.

Not sure what's worse: the fact that someone attempted to bribe them to ensure the USMNT won or that guy who goes by the name of Yolo

Not entirely sure I buy it, why would someone even bother to try and fix this game in the US's favor? We were always going to steam roll them, they aren't that good.

Much more likely it was an issue of score margin or having one of the teams score in a particular period of time for someone gambling on the game. These aren't typically desperate fans wanting to ensure a result.

What happened to Freddy Adu? This is a legit question. I remember he was supposed to be the next Pele and signed a contract for $1 million when he was 13 or something. Obviously he didn't live up to expectations, but is he still around? Part of Team USA?

CobbFC09

Not entirely sure I buy it, why would someone even bother to try and fix this game in the US's favor? We were always going to steam roll them, they aren't that good.
And the fact that they were going to use euro's which are useless in the U.S. and Belize.

Much more likely it was an issue of score margin or having one of the teams score in a particular period of time for someone gambling on the game. These aren't typically desperate fans wanting to ensure a result.
Yeah, that's what I've been reading which makes sense.

I also just realized this Saturday's Gold Cup game against Cuba is on FOX.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What happened to Freddy Adu? This is a legit question. I remember he was supposed to be the next Pele and signed a contract for $1 million when he was 13 or something. Obviously he didn't live up to expectations, but is he still around? Part of Team USA?

I think he just signed a thing to play with a Brazillian team.

We didn't get a team USA gold cup game up here in Seattle, but I'm heading to the games tonight. Cheering for Martinique (nothing against Panama, but come on), and Canada (because it would be super hilarious for Mexico to not get out of the group stage).

Askani

Michael Flaherty ‏@KitManSKC
I just made a @keikamara jersey for the game Saturday...I mean hey it worked for @ChrisWondo

BO6T8kaCQAAle8J.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom