• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

daoster

Charlie Davies recalls the accident, his recovery, and everything that's happened thus far:

But I'm seeing the old me more often. A few weeks ago, after finally returning to play in reserve matches, I had a guy one-on-one and figured it was time to pull out my go-to move. I did my stepover to the right, then blew past my man on the left, took a shot and forced the keeper to make a good save. When I looked back, my bench was standing up, and the crowd was clapping. It hit them before it hit me: I'm almost there.

I'm a huge Philadelphia Union supporter, sadly with my work schedule I haven't been able to get to every home game this year.

I did finally get a chance to go to PPL last night for the Galaxy game. Place is magnificent!
I'm really happy to with how much support the city fans are showing the U.
I really think next year Philly is gonna be a contender, for now youth is showing with poor mistakes.
Le Toux, Mwanga, Mapp, Moreno, Fred, Nakazawa, Califf etc... as long as we don't lose to many in the exp. draft we should be good.

I did get a chance to see all the games they played in the Linc., even saw the friendly vs. Man. U

If you guys like I could post a few of my better shots. The Linc let me bring a huge lense but PPL has a 8" lense policy.

Le Toux = MLS MVP!!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
daoster said:
Um, Charlie Davies, what are you doing?

US striker Davies caught speeding

vobi2w.png

but seriously, I felt bad for him getting into a car crash a year ago and now he gets caught speeding...he's asking for it honestly. Reckless shit like this isn't gonna give Davies chances to play for the nads.

shoplifter

DTLIONS1013 said:
Well, my Crew were simply awful tonight......time to get rid of Warzycha

Just now? I've been on the 'fire polska bob' train for 3 weeks! :lol:

It's not even the club's performance, it's the absolute lack of logic in subbing patterns (especially Tuesday night, waiting a full 10 minutes after going down a goal in a cup final to do anything) and the way he rewards players for 'working hard' in practice when they don't have the skill to produce (ie, Garey, Moffat). Lenhart busts his ass and is a general pest out there, but can't finish to save his life. He's best utilized as a 70' sub to cause trouble, but Bob starts him all the time.

Down by one?Sub a DMF for a DMF. Down two? Sub an attacking mid for another attacking mid (on that note, why did Eddie even start? He's fucking GASSED), then sub a forward for a forward. Never even consider playing some actual attacking football by going 3-5-2, just stick with what hasn't been working for weeks.

How many minutes has Griffit played this season? 43. Has looked good for all of those minutes. Started on a trial in March, signed in May. Has good poise with the ball in midfield, something that neither Carroll or Moffat do.

Herrera? 1. ONE MINUTE. Used the most of it and while not scoring, had a major part in the game winning goal. You're telling me that a guy with 33 goals in 93 appearances in the Colombian first division can't hang in MLS (or at least outperform Jason Garey?)

We could have had guys who could provide a great spark off the bench, or even started regularly. Instead, we're playing Gaven and GBS to death. I believe GBS has played 270 minutes in the last 6 days. Dude is *37*.

Fact is, we were winning in spite of him, not because of him. He's managed to take a team that won both the Supporters' Shield and the Cup in 2008 and demolish it in two years by playing 'hard workers'.

Pkm said:
as long as we don't lose to many in the exp. draft we should be good.

You don't get to say that after getting Le Toux in the expansion draft from us, buddy.

I'm really not looking forward to that thing. Sounders really don't have anyone that I'd be ok with losing at this point. At least, not anyone I think we'd be likely to lose.

shoplifter

DTLIONS1013 said:
I have a feeling we'll lose someone good, like Kevin Burns

We can protect up to 11 guys and *should* (rules haven't been released for 2011 yet) only be able to lose 2 players, at which time our other unprotected players are ineligible to be drafted.

Here's how it worked last year - now just expand that out to clubs being able to lose 2 players, and it should give you a good idea of how the draft for the Timbers and Whitecaps will be run.

I figure our protected list will go something like

Marshall
Gaven
Ekpo
Iro
Francis
Renteria
Hesmer (though I wouldn't be broken up, the Hebrew Hammer can hang as well)
Carroll
Robbie
Burns
GBS (if he decides to play another season) - though a team might not even consider him due to age

Gen Adidas players are automatically protected, so Dilaver is safe as well.

I think Frankie will hang it up after this year, so leave him unprotected as well.

\/\/ ah, gotcha! I hope we do protect him - he's been relatively good in the time he's gotten. Far better than Moffat.

shoplifter said:
Not if he's protected. We can protect up to 11 guys and *should* (rules haven't been released for 2011 yet) only be able to lose 2 players, at which time our other unprotected players are ineligible to be drafted.

Here's how it worked last year - now just expand that out to clubs being able to lose 2 players, and it should give you a good idea of how the draft for the Timbers and Whitecaps will be run.

I understand the rules, but I don't think we'll protect him, he'll be one of our best unprotected players

platypotamus said:
You don't get to say that after getting Le Toux in the expansion draft from us, buddy.

I'm really not looking forward to that thing. Sounders really don't have anyone that I'd be ok with losing at this point. At least, not anyone I think we'd be likely to lose.

He's become like a hero around here now, couple articles in Philly Magazine. They even named him one of the top Philly athletes lol. Dude is super gracious and modest.
Him and Mwanga are a surperb duo. Did you see that flick he did vs. RSL? Jaw dropping!

This Sunday hes gonna be at Best Buy in the City, Panasonic is sponsoring a meet and greet. Gonna get some pics and autographs. Think Im gonna ask him to sign my FIFA 2011 case
:D

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'm excited for the friendly tonight. I'm going to my second DC United game tonight so I'll have to record the match. Jozy needs some goals if he plays.

daoster

Damn, I don't get FSC OR Galavision, so hopefully, ATDHE will work for me.

-----------------------Altidore---------------------

Feilhaber-----------Dempsey------------Holden

-----------------Jones-------Bradley--------------

Bocanegra----Onyewu----Edu---------Cherundolo

-----------------------Howard-----------------------

That's the lineup for tonite's game. JERMAINE JONES WILL FINALLY PLAY FOR THE NATS!!!!!!

Come on you Yanks!

daoster

Howard with a good save...Defense problems cropping up again for the USA, seems like Poland's been in our half for the past 7 minutes.

P.S., I think its ridiculous how many POLISH fans there are at this game...I know Chicago has a large Polish-American population, but STILL

daoster

If you guys don't get FSC or Galavision, use ATDHE.net

Thoughts so far:
+ Bob Bradley trying some new things...trying a new formation, moving Edu to central defense (which he played in the Olympics), allowing Jermaine Jones to straight up start his first game
- Maurice Edu is getting smoked in the back line.
- Our defense is getting smoked...from Boca, to Cherundolo, it just seems like Chaos.
+ When not too busy trying to track back to defend, our midfield...is looking...awesome. Jones, Bradley, Dempsey, Holden, and Feilhaber...I like what I see.
- Altidore needs to finish better...
+ Altidore finally scored one!

I wonder who'll Bob put in the second half. Gooch is obviously still not 100%, and maybe Edu needs to be moved back to Midfield.

Game should be 3-3 right now, but thanks to Howard's great saves, and Jozy's poor finishing, it's only 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom