• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

daoster

This topic is dead!

But no worries....Gold Cup is around the corner, and the Spain friendly is also coming up!

Anyways, the season isn't even over yet and already there are transfer rumors!

Rumors of Dempsey moving to France to play Paris Saint Germain.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/one-in-one-out-at-the-cottage-1210984.html
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...nt-germain-to-target-fulhams-clint-dempsey-if

Dempsey has been the only consistently good player this season for the Yanks abroad and he deserves to play in a decent team. If he can get some European time, that would be great.

And who do you guys think should be on the Gold Cup Roster?

EDIT: Here's also an amusing article about Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703864204576319570556983628.html?KEYWORDS=Portland

I used to think Davies should be back for the Gold Cup, but to be honest, I don't think he is ready for it. Agudelo should definitely get the roster spot up top.

Please no Jozy.

Freddy Adu? jk. haha

Can't for the Spain game.

I shouldnt have joined the American Outlaws.... I have far too much fun kicking it with all of them... that i can't miss a game because of it.

:(

**EDIT** Does anyone know why the thread starter was banned? is he permabanned or on just a short leave?

ngower

sazabirules said:
I want to buy tickets soon for the quarterfinals of the Gold Cup in DC.

I'm considering going, just don't want to dish out the money (that I don't have) in the instance the US aren't there.

I'm psyched for US v Spain, though.

sazabirules said:
I want to buy tickets soon for the quarterfinals of the Gold Cup in DC.

I'm hitting Kansas City and Tampa...

if we make it to the semi's i'll be in Houston...

if we make it ot the final... i'll be in Pasadena

Pre

He's back, thankfully.

The wait for the Gold Cup is driving me mad. The one thing I hate about international soccer is the long wait between fixtures.

But the tournaments make it all worth while.

EDIT: Apparently the Boston-based owner of A.S. Roma is looking at bringing in Donovan or Bradley. I don't think Lando wants to go abroad unless it's with Everton, and though I love Mikey I don't know about him playing in Italy.

xbhaskarx

Gamecocks625 said:
Dang, what did Xbhaskarx do to get banned? Sucks. Hope he'll be back

Thanks guys.

I got two weeks for making a joke in the PSN outage thread.

Edit: Because I once got banned for a month for complaining about my tag, I will refrain from commenting further so I don't get banned for complaining about the mods or something....

daoster

The funny season hasn't even started yet, and already there are rumors flying around!

Apparently... Friedel to Spurs, Donovan to Roma, Lichaj of interest to Roma...

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
daoster said:
The funny season hasn't even started yet, and already there are rumors flying around!

Apparently... Friedel to Spurs, Donovan to Roma, Lichaj of interest to Roma...

Donovan shot down Roma already. It seems as if he's fine staying in MLS. Roma's American owners seemed to be interested in many USMNT players.

sazabirules said:
Donovan shot down Roma already. It seems as if he's fine staying in MLS. Roma's American owners seemed to be interested in many USMNT players.

would be so badass if Roma became full of Americans

you can't argue that would be great for our USMNT...

a lot of the starting 11 (USMNT) guys playing with each other day in and day out. that can only better the team.

Spain/Barca just proved that this past WC

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
It would be awesome to have a team like that. I just want Bradley to play somewhere. I hate Houllier for not even using Bradley and for condemning Lichaj. He had one bad game.

MidnightRider said:
would be so badass if Roma became full of Americans

you can't argue that would be great for our USMNT...

a lot of the starting 11 (USMNT) guys playing with each other day in and day out. that can only better the team.

Spain/Barca just proved that this past WC
That's Chivas USA's goal!!!! Except they want all players from SoCal.....

xbhaskarx

I don't really follow the Italian league right now so that would be nice, but I wouldn't want too many Americans who are doing well in better leagues (eg Dempsey, Cherundolo, Chandler, etc.) to go down to what is clearly only the fourth best league.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
That's Chivas USA's goal!!!! Except they want all players from SoCal.....

Hah... RomAmerica, ChivaSocal

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
#USMNT Roster Part 2: M: Adu, Bradley, Dempsey, Donovan, Edu, Feilhaber, Jones, Kljestan, Rogers; F: Agudelo, Altidore, Wondolowski

#USMNT Roster Part 1: GK: Hahnemann, Howard, Rimando; D: Bocanegra, Bornstein, Cherundolo, Goodson, Lichaj, Onyewu, Ream, Spector

WTF where is Timothy Chandler?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
xbhaskarx said:
Adu

Rogers

Onyewu
Hahnemann

Why are you surprised at Hahnemann? Who else did you expect? I just hope Chandler isn't thinking of switching to Germany. I want to know who the last minute change was and why. Injury I'm guessing.

xbhaskarx

sazabirules said:
Why are you surprised at Hahnemann? Who else did you expect?

Yelldell just because Hahnemann is getting up there in age.
Also we're deeper at midfield these days than at goalkeeper, yet even with Guzan missing the GC Yelldell doesn't make the roster despite playing regularly and having success in the German second division, whereas Adu makes our midfield after playing occasionally and having a few decent games in the Turkish second division?

And what the hell is going on with Chandler??

I was going to make a joke on Twitter about the reason the roster delay happened was because they were trying to find Adu somewhere in Europe to tell him he made the cut...but I was scared it would be taken as fact...

..and the dude actually made the roster. wow

Bob Bradley doesn't want Klinsmann to take the team to the 2013 Confed Cup...confirmed?

sazabirules said:
#USMNT Roster Part 2: M: Adu, Bradley, Dempsey, Donovan, Edu, Feilhaber, Jones, Kljestan, Rogers; F: Agudelo, Altidore, Wondolowski

#USMNT Roster Part 1: GK: Hahnemann, Howard, Rimando; D: Bocanegra, Bornstein, Cherundolo, Goodson, Lichaj, Onyewu, Ream, Spector

WTF where is Timothy Chandler?

Exactly what I was thinking with Chandler....

Adu was a shocker

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad Wondo is getting another chance. When he played in the first half of the Chile game, he wasn't getting any service from the midfield. Then we switched to the 4-4-2 and did much better.

Few quotes from conference call, taken from twitter.

Bradley: "We have followed Freddy since he transferred. We've watching him a number of times on the computer. Haven't managed to get there"

Chandler? "First real season playing at this level, it didn't make sense for him at this time, few minor injuries of late"

Eric Mangini, im tellin you folks.

Adu?

her.gif

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Bradley: We look at this Gold Cup as such an important tournament for the #USMNT. It's a roster we think gives us versatility, experience.

Bradley on Adu I: "There are good signs. Freddy is a player who in the past has shown soccer qualities that can help our team."

Bradley on Adu II: "This seems like a good opportunity to get him back in with #USMNT as he continues to grow and mature."

Bradley on Chandler: "He told us physically and mentally this season has been a long one ... Time wasn't right for this Gold Cup." #USMNT

Bradley on Chandler II: "First real season playing at this level, it didn't make sense for him at this time, few minor injuries of late"

Bradley on Wondo: "We felt (he) was in good form. He has scored good goals and different types ... gets a couple chances every game" #USMNT

Bradley on Rogers: "Ability to run at people, get behind ... playing on both flanks. He's started the season w/ mobility & energy" #USMNT

Bradley on Davies: "We've seen a lot of progress. Had a good conversation with him, told him I still feel it's not where it totally needs to be"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom