• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles |OT| Beautiful art meets genre-redefining gameplay

I ordered this from Amazon a week ago. I couldn't wait any longer so I decided to drive 10 miles to a Gamestop that had a new copy oer the weekend. When I got home to cancel the Amazon order, I couldn't cancel it anymore so now I'm going to have two copies of this game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jiggle said:
a big fat no thanks if the word game turns into another dlc, not after they moved the sequel =.=

Did they ever announce the new dlc for the US yet? That's what this probably is, or a VC2 announcement for US.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Jamesfrom818 said:
I ordered this from Amazon a week ago. I couldn't wait any longer so I decided to drive 10 miles to a Gamestop that had a new copy oer the weekend. When I got home to cancel the Amazon order, I couldn't cancel it anymore so now I'm going to have two copies of this game.
That's an easy one, just return the unopened copy from Amazon to Gamestop. You have 30 days.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Now that the first part of the game is over, the real fun begins.

I fly out to PAX tomorrow and will also be doing some VC Trivia over the weekend - you guys can meet me there at the SEGA Booth and also have a chance at winning a Limited Edition pre-order Artbook, as well as a Valkyria stress-reliever grenade, which was given away only the launch event last year.

More news for Valkyria will be arriving soon - very soon. :)

dallow_bg said:
That's an easy one, just return the unopened copy from Amazon to Gamestop. You have 30 days.
That's a terrible idea.

I'd just hold onto it for a year or so, you'll be able to sell it on ebay for $100-ish

Playing new game+ right now! WHY IS THIS GAME SO AWESOME

Alts

Just beat the campaign this weekend. Probably going to pick up some of the DLC later (all but Hard EX). Next task is A ranking all the missions I hadn't before. Do I have to play through everything again in new game+, or can I just replay the missions I want?

Alts said:
Just beat the campaign this weekend. Probably going to pick up some of the DLC later (all but Hard EX). Next task is A ranking all the missions I hadn't before. Do I have to play through everything again in new game+, or can I just replay the missions I want?
Just replay the ones you want.

Giolon

pseudocaesar said:
Just replay the ones you want.
Not exactly true. When you start a New Game+ all the missions re-lock and you have to play through them again (but you can breeze through the first half with your high level characters). However, all skirmishes are unlocked from the beginning of new game+.

Josh7289

Giolon said:
Not exactly true. When you start a New Game+ all the missions re-lock and you have to play through them again (but you can breeze through the first half with your high level characters). However, all skirmishes are unlocked from the beginning of new game+.
What happens if you beat the New Game+?

Giolon

Josh7289 said:
What happens if you beat the New Game+?
Exact same thing. It just becomes a newer New Game+ file with your newest stats and resets to the beginning just as before.

dojokun

Banned
Giolon said:
Exact same thing. It just becomes a newer New Game+ file with your newest stats and resets to the beginning just as before.
Was hoping for the exact same gameplay and story, except each of the female characters have one less article of clothing each time with each new iteration of New Game+ you play.

dojokun said:
Was hoping for the exact same gameplay and story, except each of the female characters have one less article of clothing each time with each new iteration of New Game+ you play.

Screw that - just put them in their bikini costumes from the side chapter!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jamesfrom818 said:
About the ending...

Why was Zaka in a militia uniform in that group picture? He didn't join up until after Isara died.
maybe it was his laundry day and he borrowed it.

PBz0r

Banned
Jamesfrom818 said:
About the ending...

Why was Zaka in a militia uniform in that group picture? He didn't join up until after Isara died.
He joined before that.

The beach mission after which Isara died was Zaka's first. I'd assume the picture was taken in between the mission in Fouzen and the beach mission, right after Zaka joined. Making a new picture after the team has changed makes sense no?

Frankly though you think too much.

Panda

I got this game since day one and I have just finished it. It was SO AWESOME.

Love the cutscenes, loved the story, loved the graphics, and loved the way each were presented.

Bowler

Panda said:
I got this game since day one and I have just finished it. It was SO AWESOME.

Love the cutscenes, loved the story, loved the graphics, and loved the way each were presented.

Gotta agree..... truly a gem of a game..... too bad Sega are fu*kin asshats :D

Cerberus said:

Sweet! I welcome anything Edy. WILL BUY.

Zen said:
I'm not sure if this thread is also kosher for VC2, but there are new screens of it on Magicbox. It's looking a lot more VCish now than before and shwoing off some nice scale, certainly seems to be a Lofi VC. My only concern is that the characters all look a little... Japanese highschool tope-ish.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0908/game090831e3.shtml

Sweet! I welcome anything high school. WILL BUY.
Seriously though, well represented lofi VC. One thing I've noticed that's common among a lot of PSP games though - is the weird dithering.

Giolon

Hcoregamer00, you don't want to answer any of our questions about the artbook do you? :( Do you hate us? T.T

Edy DLC II news is good news!

Billen

Banned
Bought this some time ago and finally had some real time to put into it. This game is awesome. Didn't realize that there would be so much more than just fighting in it.

I really recommend people on the fence to make the jump. Awesomeness awaits.

I'm really starting to have my doubts that we'll see it. Ever.

The art and everything is probably ready, so somewhere at Sega, there's a PDF of it. I'm guessing they're having problems with publishers.

Maybe the publisher is in financial problems, but the contract for the book doesn't allow Sega to find another publisher? That would suck bigtime.

Azuran

Banned
Just finished Chapter 11 and wow, that got me emotional. Awesome game just for that.

Also, I'm never gonna finish this game at this rate.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Azuran said:
Just finished Chapter 11 and wow, that got me emotional. Awesome game just for that.

Also, I'm never gonna finish this game at this rate.
Take a weekend and just go straight through it. You're getting closer, but there are some tough fights ahead.

And also, yes - as you all have probably seen, the teaser was to announce that the second batch of Valkyria DLC is confirmed and coming to the west! The missions are a series of challenge missions given to you by Edy's team of all-stars - including Marina and everyone's personal favorite, Jann.

I'll be posting more details about the DLC as we get closer - but for now, know that SEGA is far from done supporting this game, especially after all the support you guys have shown for the title. What goes around comes around. :)

RubyEclipse said:
I'll be posting more details about the DLC as we get closer - but for now, know that SEGA is far from done supporting this game, especially after all the support you guys have shown for the title. What goes around comes around. :)

Anything to do with Edy - WILL BUY. (except for those yujin figures. no thx.)

BTW, since you've got the connections, mind trying to find out for us what is going on with that art book? We've got our money ready, SO TAKE IT!! :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
RubyEclipse said:
Take a weekend and just go straight through it. You're getting closer, but there are some tough fights ahead.

And also, yes - as you all have probably seen, the teaser was to announce that the second batch of Valkyria DLC is confirmed and coming to the west! The missions are a series of challenge missions given to you by Edy's team of all-stars - including Marina and everyone's personal favorite, Jann.

sold.

ianp622

RubyEclipse said:

You can put me down for a day one purchase on any DLC you release. VC was the only thing that made me think about actually getting a PSP at some point, but I love playing VC on the PS3.

second batch of Valkyria DLC is confirmed and coming to the west! The missions are a series of challenge missions given to you by Edy's team of all-stars - including Marina and everyone's personal favorite, Jann.

Marina? Sold.
busey_clapping-1.gif

Top Bottom